PDA

View Full Version : Broncos more concerned about winning than following race for top seeds

Denver Native (Carol)
12-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Mike Adams probably is right.

There has been all this hype about the Broncos and their pursuit of the No. 2 playoff seed, perhaps for no other reason than it's there.

Recent Super Bowl history, though, suggests playoff seeding may be among the most overrated of NFL's accomplishments.

The Green Bay Packers won the 2010 season's Super Bowl as the No. 6, and last, NFC playoff seed. The New York Giants won the Super Bowl last year with a No. 4 seed and a 9-7 record that many years isn't good enough to reach the postseason tournament.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22165664/broncos-more-concerned-about-winning-than-following-race

HORSEPOWER 56
12-11-2012, 07:32 PM
As they should be, all we can do is win and focus on what we can control. We have no control over what happens with Houston or NE. If we win out, the chips will fall where they may. It would be nice to have a first round bye, but no matter what happens we have a home playoff game at this point. That's a nice thing to have.

LawDog
12-11-2012, 07:36 PM
I love the attitude being displayed by the team right now. Reminds me of the days in San Diego leading up to SB XXXII, Shanahan had everyone on the team on the same page, downplaying the hype, remaining focused with a casual yet complete confidence in themselves and the task at hand. Seedings? Meh. Beat the Ravens, then look to the Browns...

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 02:43 AM
In recent weeks, the Broncos to a man have refused to publicly acknowledge a top-two playoff seeding, with all its benefits, as a team goal. Their focus, they have collectively said, was on beating their next opponent, and trying to get better.

Read more: Broncos more concerned about winning than following race for top seeds - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22165664/broncos-more-concerned-about-winning-than-following-race#ixzz2EoyCCrpq
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
I am glad the broncos PLAYERS got their minds right ! the fans need to do the same!

MasterShake
12-12-2012, 09:12 AM
I love the attitude being displayed by the team right now. Reminds me of the days in San Diego leading up to SB XXXII, Shanahan had everyone on the team on the same page, downplaying the hype, remaining focused with a casual yet complete confidence in themselves and the task at hand. Seedings? Meh. Beat the Ravens, then look to the Browns...

Great points! I feel the same way. If we knock off the Ravens and just keep our head down and moving forward everything will work out. Either we move ahead in the seeding, or the rest of the AFC craps the bed when the hottest team in the NFL lays a whooping on them. :lol:

It is kind of frustrating though to have such a big win streak and not even move up though. Still, its nice to have that momentum.

TXBRONC
12-12-2012, 09:41 AM
This is the way it should. Focus on the team right in front of you and the seeding thing will take care of itself.

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 11:41 AM
winning is its own reward. winning is the objective. we dont control the seeding, we can control the winning.

whenever, wherever, whomever, we just need to focus on doing whats necessary to win. if players allow themselves to hope for match-ups and scenarios, they are already thinking like losers.