PDA

View Full Version : Could it be better for Denver to lose to Baltimore this week?

BroncoWave
12-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I want us to win and haven't given up on the 2 seed, but assuming the Pats hold on the 2 seed is looking grim. If the current seeds hold. The 3 would play Pitt and then NE, while the 4 would play Indy then Houston. I would way rather have the 4 in that scenario. I don't want us to tank or anything, but the 4 is looking mighty attractive if we don't get the 2.

SR
12-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Seeing NE tonight, anyone who WANTS to play NE for any reason at all is high as a kite.

MOtorboat
12-10-2012, 09:40 PM
No.

It's never good to lose. In the long run, it could end up being fortunate, but it's never good to lose.

Besides, the second round of the playoffs is re-seeded. If Pittsburgh defeats Baltimore (the 3 seed in your scenario above), then Denver still goes to New England.

MasterShake
12-10-2012, 09:56 PM
If we can't beat the teams in front if us in the playoffs, we aren't gonna win a Superbowl regardless of seeding so who cares. I'd like to think we match up against anyone favorably, but the Ravens game will be a good barometer.

ShaneFalco
12-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Stop being afraid of NE, they are a bunch of scrubs!

BroncoWave
12-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Stop being afraid of NE, they are a bunch of scrubs!

Someone hasn't turned on ESPN tonight. If you don't think they are the best team in football right now you are just being biased.

ShaneFalco
12-10-2012, 10:04 PM
of course im bias, they used spygate to beat my rams in the superbowl.

They still are a bunch of scrubs that beat teams before the game even starts. It seems like no one even wants to play them in the first place. Teams go into the game with the mindset of already losing...

HORSEPOWER 56
12-10-2012, 10:06 PM
To be the best, you have to beat the best. As it looks now, the AFC will go through NE. If the Texans play like this vs Indy (who they have to play twice), they'll lose at least one of those games. I'm fine going to NE to play them in the playoffs. We're a different team now than we were then. I think it would be great to launch a revenge tour in the playoffs. Beat Houston, beat NE, then beat Atlanta in the Superbowl. The three teams that beat us during the year.

The Patriots have looked unbeatable before. They are beatable.

Buff
12-10-2012, 10:14 PM
I think San Fran presents more match up problems against NE than a banged up Houston team. So I'm still hopeful that the Pats could lose on a short week.

But any scenario that sends us to New England in January is a bad one.

Poet
12-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Someone hasn't turned on ESPN tonight. If you don't think they are the best team in football right now you are just being biased.

I don't. Why are they better than the Giants come playoff time? This is a dominant showing, but they've had awful showings this year too. They got beaten by Arizona. The first game against the Jets was embarrassing. They lost to the Ravens. While Baltimore is banged up, the Patriots still have the same subpar defense and there's no way Gronk's going to be healthy.

Nomad
12-10-2012, 10:21 PM
To get to the Super Bowl, it looks like you're going to have to go through the Patriots. MS said it best. Fix that offense BRONCOS and learn how to score points in the first half as well as the second half!

MasterShake
12-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I wonder how this Pats team stacks up against the one the Broncos took down in 2005? If we can do it with Plummer...

talagua
12-10-2012, 10:24 PM
I think the Pats will lose next week vs SF! So, The Broncos must win vs Ravens! To have The 2nd seed and potentially Face New England at home!

Locnar
Maybe Houston loses out and we win out and get the 2 while New England gets the first seed

MOtorboat
I wonder how this Pats team stacks up against the one the Broncos took down in 2005? If we can do it with Plummer...

That team was all about turnover margin, and creating havoc on defense. Not totally different than this defense, although it's more predicated on its pass-rushers, versus the all-out blitz.

It's absolutely possible. Mostly, just don't get yourself into trouble early. That's the key.

WTE
12-10-2012, 10:29 PM
This game is far from over and the Talib injury hurts.

MOtorboat
12-10-2012, 10:32 PM
This game is far from over and the Talib injury hurts.

Yeah...it's pretty much over.

silkamilkamonico
12-10-2012, 10:52 PM
If New England continues to play like they have, and tonight even moreso, nobody's beating htem anyways.

tomjonesrocks
12-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Denver has zero chance against NE.

Zero.

Poet
12-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Why does NE get so much respect? Last year they got beat up in the playoffs by Baltimore and a terrible Flacco INT, a dropped pass and a missed FG sent then to the SB. There the Giants beat them again.

This is not the Patriots dynasty. This is not when the Patriots D could beat you up and take the ball from you. That defense is still bad. Are they a contender? Yes, but people speak of them like they are this unstoppable powerhouse. They're not. They're just a damn good football team.

cmc0605
12-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Even if we win the superbowl, a part of me would be very unsatisfied if we didn't do it going through NE. I never thought the Texans were special...they are just a pretty complete team with a good defense, excellent running games, and threatening passing game.

But even though they are getting blown out, a lot of this is a positive feedback loop at this point. That happens in blowouts. If they didn't get down early, they don't screw up two fourth downs and maybe have 13 points after two field goals. NE scored one TD following a bogus PI call, and also scored one on a deep ball that are always luck plays IMO. Houston has forced a number of punts and three and outs still, and has hit Brady a lot today. The big issue is that the Houston offense never gave them a shot at staying in the game, and I think Manning can do that.

They are a very good football team, but there's a lot of ways this score could be narrower and a respectable football game.

tomjonesrocks
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Even if we win the superbowl, a part of me would be very unsatisfied if we didn't do it going through NE.

No offense but that is asinine.

No one was lamenting after SBXXXIII that Denver got the Falcons instead of the Vikings--that the win somehow meant less. Just ridiculous.

cmc0605
12-10-2012, 11:19 PM
No offense but that is asinine.

No one was lamenting after SBXXXIII that Denver got the Falcons instead of the Vikings. Just ridiculous.

I never said I'd be unhappy with it, I'd just prefer to beat whom I consider to be the #1 team in the NFL right now rather than going around them somehow.

RebelRocker
12-10-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm a bit torn on this subject.

On one hand, I want us to have the best possible match ups in the postseason. If means avoiding NE to win a SB, then so be it.

On the other hand, watching tonight's game is just a reminder of the embarrassment of riches in which the Pats covet. I'd want nothing more than to win a super bowl this year with beating the **** out of NE in the process, just to rub it in their smarmy faces. I despise their team, fanbase and attitude towards other teams. I couldn't think of a more fulfilling scenario to the Broncos is we not only win the super bowl this year, but rub it in NE's face knowing we beat the shit out of them at their own game, when it counted most.

We'll just have to see how the rest of the season plays out. Regardless, I'll never count us out with PFM at QB.

tubby
12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
No way. HOU might lose a couple more. Hello #1 seed.

Tned
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't. Why are they better than the Giants come playoff time? This is a dominant showing, but they've had awful showings this year too. They got beaten by Arizona. The first game against the Jets was embarrassing. They lost to the Ravens. While Baltimore is banged up, the Patriots still have the same subpar defense and there's no way Gronk's going to be healthy.

Almost lost to buffalo if I remember correctly and Miami gave them a run. That said, when New England is on, they are deadly. They are a fast strike offense like Indy back in the day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

MasterShake
12-10-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm a bit torn on this subject.

On one hand, I want us to have the best possible match ups in the postseason. If means avoiding NE to win a SB, then so be it.

On the other hand, watching tonight's game is just a reminder of the embarrassment of riches in which the Pats covet. I'd want nothing more than to win a super bowl this year with beating the **** out of NE in the process, just to rub it in their smarmy faces. I despise their team, fanbase and attitude towards other teams. I couldn't think of a more fulfilling scenario to the Broncos is we not only win the super bowl this year, but rub it in NE's face knowing we beat the shit out of them at their own game, when it counted most.

We'll just have to see how the rest of the season plays out. Regardless, I'll never count us out with PFM at QB.

I'm past the point of hating the Patriots to where I just flat out respect them. That doesn't mean I would not love to end their season in the playoffs and I like how we match up with them MUCH more then I did last season or even earlier this season. We have beaten the Pats with Plummer and Orton, and would love another shot with Manning and the offense clicking on all cylinders which we have a chance to fine tune over the last few games. I don't know why, but I keep thinking about Champ Bailey through all of this. He stuck with this team when he didn't have to and has been a class act. If we end up winning it all, he is the one I will be happiest for.

Hell, the way Houston looks New England and Denver could be 1 and 2 seeds at this point. Should be a fun finish!

ATLbroNCO
12-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Houston has looked weak lately and so have the Ravens. The Texans could easily lose two of their next three (Colts x2, and the Vikings). To the banged up Ravens... losing this game would be terrible. I still like our odds at a number 2 seed. At some point in these playoffs (if we make it far enough) we will be playing the Pats.

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 02:30 AM
any revenge tour has to start with the ravens! beat the teams we face on the field, we play opponents not scenarios!

the trophy say LOMBARDI, not shoulda, woulda, coulda.
we have never beaten the ravens in BALT, lets get that monkey off our back and continue to focus on beating the teams we face.

RyanC
12-11-2012, 03:44 AM
We can beat the pats, PFM has been holding on the screen game and only making protection changes lately. We won 8 straight games with no trickery, JMCD is blowing his load early. Remember the pats were 16-0 and didn't take the lombardi? Houston has been blowing it's load even earlier (last year too). The underdog jersey has always looked good on us and vets like champ and even DJ and Doom all have beaten the pats. Sure I would rather play them here but we can do this...

EastCoastBronco
12-11-2012, 08:14 AM
To beat the Pats you have to be able to match them score for score...because they will score.
Despite all of the media stroking of Manning, the display we put on in the red zone against a 32nd place Oakland defence was pathetic.
We play like that against the Pats (in Mile High or Foxboro) and it won't even be close...

Tned
12-11-2012, 08:45 AM
To beat the Pats you have to be able to match them score for score...because they will score.
Despite all of the media stroking of Manning, the display we put on in the red zone against a 32nd place Oakland defence was pathetic.
We play like that against the Pats (in Mile High or Foxboro) and it won't even be close...

During the course of this year, when the Broncos have had to score, they have scored. What that tells me is that part of the issue on drives when they don't "have to" score is play calling. Even in the losses to Atl, Hou and NE, in large part those were due to shaky defense and offensive turnovers early (Hou also had two long passes on defensive breakdowns), and then they went away from the conservative play calling and scored almost at will.

The question is whether or not the Broncos can compete in a shootout and be aggressive from snap one, or will they play conservative, let a team like the Pats get a big lead and be too far behind to catch up.

Whether they are 3 or 4 matters very little. In both cases, they will get one game at home and have to play two on the road to make it to the Super Bowl, and very likely will have to play NE in Foxboro. The one thing about putting off when we play the Pats is the chance that someone else beats them. The 1/2 seed has always been the important goal, because that gives the team a much needed week off and makes it only two wins to the SB, and at least one of them at home.

Anyway, all that yapping aside, I hope the Broncos beat Bal, because the #2 seed is still not out of reach, and with Houston's loss last night, even the number 1 seed is a slim possibility.

NE Opponents:
49ers
@ Jax
MIA

If we look at NE, a loss next week is still a possibility. I was watching NFL AM this morning, and at least one of those guys was predicting SF would win next week. If they get passed SF, then while a loss at Jacksonville or home against Miami is possible, NE should win those games. So, we are looking at a chance, a fairly good one, that they lose one game.

HOU Opponents:
Colts
Vikings
@Colts

If we look at Hou's opponents, things are much harder to predict. Houston should win all of those games, but could lose any of them. The Colts have been a team that have looked very good at times this year, and their young QB is getting better every week. I find this impossible to predict, thinking Houston could go anywhere from 3-0 to 0-3 down the stretch, but more than likely no worse than 2-1.

Assuming the Broncos win out, which they should do with the Ravens injuries and OC change, the Broncos would be 13-3. If Houston loses one more game, they are 13-3, and beat the Broncos in a tiebreaker. I should note that even if it's a three way tie, where NE, Houston and Den are at 13-3, then NE gets the number one seed because they have swept the head-to-head games. So, in all cases, the Broncos need to be a game ahead of NE/Houston for any given seeding.

So, I think the number one see is possible, but unlikely. The number two seed for the Broncos should come down to next week. If NE beats SF, then by all rights they should have the #2 seed locked up.

Basically, next weekend will go a long way to determining where the Broncos are seeded. If the Broncos win and NE and Hou lose, then the Broncos would have and control the #2 seed and would be in position to take the #1 if Houston slips up and goes 2-1.

Nothing good comes from losing, but some good things do and can come from winning.

Hope Broncos win in Baltimore on Sunday.

TXBRONC
12-11-2012, 09:18 AM
No nothing good is going to come out losing is not a good thing.

In 1996 we had the "easiest path" to the Super Bowl and yet Denver lost to the Jaguars in the second round.

MasterShake
12-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Plus you have to remember the playoffs are a whole different game. They brought up a good point on the radio that a few years ago New England smoked the Jets in the regular season only to turn around and lose to them at home in the playoffs. Anything can happen if you team executes properly.

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 09:49 AM

Your thinking here is self destructive young man. so they put an ass whooping on a texas team that is highly reveered. It's December and it's the NFL dammit!! get jacked

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Houston has looked weak lately and so have the Ravens. The Texans could easily lose two of their next three (Colts x2, and the Vikings). To the banged up Ravens... losing this game would be terrible. I still like our odds at a number 2 seed. At some point in these playoffs (if we make it far enough) we will be playing the Pats.

if we dont' play them in the playoffs and another team doesn't knock them out, it's conceivable that we could meet up with them in the superbowl, if we make it that far

UnderArmour
12-11-2012, 10:08 AM
After the Pats blew out the Texans last night we not only need to win this game against Baltimore, we need to win by 3 or 4 touchdowns to strike fear into our enemies. This is a team that can beat New England in New England and it's important we make the rest of the league aware of this with a dominant road victory. We can't blow this opportunity.

Slick
12-11-2012, 10:11 AM
I think we almost need to lose one game before the playoffs start. I don't like our chances at winning 14 in a row. Remember when we lost to the Giants when Denver was 13-0. Best thing that could have happened to us that season. It refocused the team and made them more hungry.

I'd rather us lose one of the next three, than lose in the playoffs.

Does that even make sense?

:bandit:

cmc0605
12-11-2012, 10:21 AM
if we dont' play them in the playoffs and another team doesn't knock them out, it's conceivable that we could meet up with them in the superbowl, if we make it that far

You need to re-think this post.

PatriotsGuy
12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
You need to re-think this post.

No he doesn't, he's trolling.

TXBRONC
12-11-2012, 10:35 AM
No he doesn't, he's trolling.

Nut doesn't troll.

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM
with 4 teams involved each with 3 games to play, thats 12 games to speculate about. its al conjecture and speculation.
what should we do when we play the ravens?

" YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, HELLO ! "

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME "

BroncoWave
12-11-2012, 11:06 AM
I never said we should try to lose. Try re-reading my post. I'm simply speculating on if losing this week might be better in the long run. After thinking further though, it would probably be better to have the confidence of beating a top level team heading into the playoffs.

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 11:09 AM
I think we almost need to lose one game before the playoffs start. I don't like our chances at winning 14 in a row. Remember when we lost to the Giants when Denver was 13-0. Best thing that could have happened to us that season. It refocused the team and made them more hungry.

I'd rather us lose one of the next three, than lose in the playoffs.

Does that even make sense?

:bandit:i UNDERSTAND YOUR INTENT, BUT this would make more sense if the broncos were currently UNDEFEATED, we are not!
we already know how it feels to lose.

we dont know how it feels to beat the ravens in baltimore.
I think clearing that hurdle would do more to galvibize this team than losing a game.

Northman
12-11-2012, 11:13 AM
If we can't beat the teams in front if us in the playoffs, we aren't gonna win a Superbowl regardless of seeding so who cares. I'd like to think we match up against anyone favorably, but the Ravens game will be a good barometer.

This. Just play the games and play smart and anything can happen. If its meant to be than its meant to be.

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 11:15 AM
... and lets not worry about the "in a row' thing.
we dont have to win 14 in a row, we already got the first 8 !
lets continue to focus on beating the terams we face each week! we cant win any other games and no other team other than our opponent is going to beat us that week either !
we win by focusing on our opponent, lets focus on beating the ravens.

cmc0605
12-11-2012, 11:34 AM
My hope is that Peyton watched Tom Brady last night and decided that he wants to one-up his hall of fame counterpart.

MasterShake
12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
My hope is that Peyton watched Tom Brady last night and decided that he wants to one-up his hall of fame counterpart.

My hope is that Peyton watched Tom Brady last night, threw a bottle of whiskey at the TV, then proceeded to put a giant log on his back and run up a mountain like Rocky training for his fight with Drago.

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 11:52 AM

like apollo creed reviewing his first fight with Rocky huh?

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 12:00 PM
sorry, love the drama, but I would hope that PFM spent those 4 hours preparing for the ravens

PatriotsGuy
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
My hope is that Peyton watched Tom Brady last night, threw a bottle of whiskey at the TV, then proceeded to put a giant log on his back and run up a mountain like Rocky training for his fight with Drago.

He more than likely furrowed his huge forehead

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I dont think PFM became the player he is by being fixated on TB or any other QB.
focused on the task at hand, thats more the PFM M.O.

cmc0605
12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
sorry, love the drama, but I would hope that PFM spent those 4 hours preparing for the ravens

He is doing that for the remaining 212 hours from the beginning of last Friday to the end of this coming Saturday. Then he's traveling to Baltimore midnight Sunday, but indirectly...he's going North into Canada , jogging east until he hits the Arctic waters, swimming East to Europe, and then back again until he hits Maryland. All with his football pads on his back. He'll be there by game time. He'll get some sleep after the game then repeat for the following week.

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM

the ravens shouldn't be much of a problem.

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
He is doing that for the remaining 212 hours from the beginning of last Friday to the end of this coming Saturday. Then he's traveling to Baltimore midnight Sunday, but indirectly...he's going North into Canada , jogging east until he hits the Arctic waters, swimming East to Europe, and then back again until he hits Maryland. All with his football pads on his back. He'll be there by game time. He'll get some sleep after the game then repeat for the following week.

holy crap. he better not miss the maryland shores or he's gonna be late to the game

WTE
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
the ravens shouldn't be much of a problem.

What's the date and time of the Ravens game Nut?

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 12:21 PM
the ravens shouldn't be much of a problem.did we hire camron as a one week consultant?

CrazyHorse
12-11-2012, 01:16 PM
NO! I hope we win out.

NEPatriots
12-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Here we go again with you guys...
Everytime you play New England or might play New England you talk yourselves up into these scenarios about how you're not the same team and how you can beat the Patriots and then every single time your Official Gameday Thread turns into a trail of tears while Brady is demolishing you with shock and awe in what is basically a blow out. New England can contain Manning and has been containing Manning for over a decade. Your defense has absolutely zero answer for Brady and his weapons.

I understand rooting for your team but what's the definition of insanity again?

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 02:36 PM
I dont think PFM became the player he is by being fixated on TB or any other QB.
focused on the task at hand, thats more the PFM M.O.

sounds like you've got a new hero

HORSEPOWER 56
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Everytime you play New England or might play New England you talk yourselves up into these scenarios about how you're not the same team and how you can beat the Patriots and then every single time your Official Gameday Thread turns into a trail of tears while Brady is demolishing you with shock and awe in what is basically a blow out. New England can contain Manning and has been containing Manning for over a decade. Your defense has absolutely zero answer for Brady and his weapons.

Any given Sunday, bro. That's why they play the games. If it didn't matter and games were decided by fans and predictions, they'd just put the Pats in the Superbowl every year where they'd lose like they have the last 2 times. We've both lost 3 games. Both teams are in the playoffs no matter what happens the last 3 weeks. Both teams haven't lost in awhile and are looking to finish the year strong. Don't get ahead of yourself. It's about seeding now. If the Broncos and Pats have to meet in the playoffs, wouldn't you feel better if it was in Foxboro? Likewise, we'd feel better about Mile High.

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 02:39 PM

doing the same thing over and expecting different results. Point taken. watch the way your gay ass qb walks away in your sig. why is he clenching up his ass cheeks like that? some type of habit?

Tned
12-11-2012, 02:40 PM

Smack forum is that way =====================>

rationalfan
12-11-2012, 02:49 PM
watch the way your gay ass qb walks away in your sig. why is he clenching up his ass cheeks like that? some type of habit?

you know, before the internet, this is the kind of stuff i expected from a raiders fan. always thought the broncos fans were better than this. the internet proved me so wrong.

NEPatriots
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I honestly don't care where the Patriots play Denver because i'm that confident in the superiority of my team.

I know where the Smack talk forum is. I'm honestly not trying to talk smack. I think to imply that you should all recognize the reality of the situation, which is Denver will be HUGE underdogs against the Patriots, is just talking football, the REALITY of football, and not talking empty trash.
Just reminding you that for the last two seasons i've been visiting this forum and everytime you play us you come up with all these scenarios in your head about how you're `really going to beat us this time` and then game time comes and it's over by the 2nd quarter.

For Denver to have any chance at knocking New England out of the play offs they're going to have to play their most over achieving, inspired game of football in franchise history and a lot of things are going to have to go your way to the point that aspects of the game seem flukey.

Pats are averaging 36 PPG, something that was only achieved by the '07 Pats and you have to go back to the 60's to find another time it happened. This New England offense is historic in nature and this has all been without Gronk or Hernandez on the field at the same time.

I'm just not sure some of you realize what a tall order beating the Patriots is going to be.

MasterShake
12-11-2012, 03:47 PM
I honestly don't care where the Patriots play Denver because i'm that confident in the superiority of my team.

I know where the Smack talk forum is. I'm honestly not trying to talk smack. I think to imply that you should all recognize the reality of the situation, which is Denver will be HUGE underdogs against the Patriots, is just talking football, the REALITY of football, and not talking empty trash.
Just reminding you that for the last two seasons i've been visiting this forum and everytime you play us you come up with all these scenarios in your head about how you're `really going to beat us this time` and then game time comes and it's over by the 2nd quarter.

For Denver to have any chance at knocking New England out of the play offs they're going to have to play their most over achieving, inspired game of football in franchise history and a lot of things are going to have to go your way to the point that aspects of the game seem flukey.

Pats are averaging 36 PPG, something that was only achieved by the '07 Pats and you have to go back to the 60's to find another time it happened. This New England offense is historic in nature and this has all been without Gronk or Hernandez on the field at the same time.

I'm just not sure some of you realize what a tall order beating the Patriots is going to be.

That's all fine and good, but the Pats have had some inexplicable losses to Seattle, Baltimore, and Arizona. They are hardly the Juggernaut the 2007 team was, and even they had a glaring weakness when the Giants pressured Brady which was exposed again last year. I'm not saying the Broncos can put up the kind of pressure consistently with their front 4 that the Giants did, but the Pats are vulnerable. I for one welcome the challenge of the Patriots and I know if we want to be in the Superbowl, the road more than likely goes through Foxborough. Since 2000, the series between New England and Denver (counting playoffs) is a 6-6 draw. I think the Broncos match up pretty well against New England, and if you want to call it a tall order so be it. I would be shocked if the Pats put up the kind of game against Denver they did earlier this year and would DEFINITELY be surprised if we lost like we did last year with Tebow.

If you want to talk about the REALITY of football, then you should realize that just a few years ago the "mighty" Pats blew up the Jets in the regular season then got knocked out by that same team lead by Mark Sanchez in the playoffs. I hope we get the chance at New England again, and as a fan who doesn't have to cover receivers or blitz the quarterback and I can sit here and say with a lot of confidence that I welcome it.

BroncoJoe
12-11-2012, 03:49 PM
If Houston and New England swap spots, which is likely IMO, we're better off in the 3rd seed.

RebelRocker
12-11-2012, 04:15 PM

Not necessarily. To stop the Pats, you have to get three things going your way.

1. a relentless pass rush on Tom Brady. He's proven in critical times that if you can force a lot of pressure, their offense will stall.

2. Have a good offensive output.

3. Have few or no turnovers.

You do those three things and I give us a great chance to beat them, as with any other team.

RebelRocker
12-11-2012, 04:20 PM
If Houston and New England swap spots, which is likely IMO, we're better off in the 3rd seed.

That's looking very likely.

EastCoastBronco
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM

1. a relentless pass rush on Tom Brady. He's proven in critical times that if you can force a lot of pressure, their offense will stall.

You do those three things and I give us a great chance to beat them, as with any other team.

Point #2 is exactly what I was talking about.

Nomad
12-11-2012, 06:42 PM

An interior pass rush is what the BRONCOS needs and something they lack.......Brady sits in the pocket all day and picks the defense apart. Other than that, I do agree with your assessment.

Tned
12-11-2012, 08:04 PM

A statement like this is simply asinine, and you are either talking smack or clueless: "they're going to have to play their most over achieving, inspired game of football in franchise history..."

It doesn't matter if Denver is an underdog, that's stupid and an uninformed statement. I take it you haven't been following football long.

Sent from my Android Xoom using Forum Runner

Buff
12-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Give us all a break. Your 2007 team was 1000x better and didn't win a SB. Your team is very beatable, just like your wife. Don't worry - I know the smack forum is that way.

Nomad
12-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Give us all a break. Your 2007 team was 1000x better and didn't win a SB. Your team is very beatable, just like your wife. Don't worry - I know the smack forum is that way.

You never know....he may be from Nebraska.

capt. Jack
12-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Do the Patsies have a forum? If so patsie fans should hang out there! This is The Broncos forum! I want to puke when I think about the Patsies and that Josh character.

Mike
12-12-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't find anything wrong with admitting NE is playing the best football right now. Every team that plays them will be underdogs especially in NE. Tom Brady is playing exceptional football.

I think Denver could beat them. But they will have to play error-free football for 4 qtrs, something they haven't really done this year. They can't afford to let NE get up early or settle for FGs.

I also think it is better for Denver to go into the playoffs winning than it is for them losing, so losing in Balt for an "easier" seeding would be counterproductive, IMO. The best scenario is to win out and do it by totally destroying Balt, Cle, KC.

wc_ben
12-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Love your Tatum quote just then :cool: but I agree I'd love to see the pats come into Mile High for a revenge game. But if the Broncos need to go to NE at some point it would be great to them lose in front of those shitty bandwagon fans that fill up that place (for the most part)

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Do the Patsies have a forum? If so patsie fans should hang out there! This is The Broncos forum! I want to puke when I think about the Patsies and that Josh character.do you park your boat next to capt'n stabbin' ?

MasterShake
12-12-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't find anything wrong with admitting NE is playing the best football right now. Every team that plays them will be underdogs especially in NE. Tom Brady is playing exceptional football.

I think Denver could beat them. But they will have to play error-free football for 4 qtrs, something they haven't really done this year. They can't afford to let NE get up early or settle for FGs.

I also think it is better for Denver to go into the playoffs winning than it is for them losing, so losing in Balt for an "easier" seeding would be counterproductive, IMO. The best scenario is to win out and do it by totally destroying Balt, Cle, KC.

The biggest edge NE has over us right now is their consistency on offense and their Tight End play. When New England gets the lead, their defense plays on a whole different level as well. The blueprint is out there to beat them, but I can agree that Denver would have to execute it nearly perfectly to win. The best part about our streak right now is that we are so good that even with mistakes we can rattle off wins against teams we are "supposed" to beat.

I'd gladly play the Pats again just because I think it would be a great game, but I wouldn't be upset if they got knocked out by someone else in the playoffs. I just don't want that croc-wearing nancy boy anywhere near another Superbowl trophy when players like Champ Bailey deserve it more. Well, not necessarily deserve it more, but I root for the Broncos so that's who I want to win!:lol:

PatriotsGuy
12-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Do the Patsies have a forum? If so patsie fans should hang out there!

We did once, until the great breeze of 08 that scattered us across the double u double u double u's for a long while. Some of us washed up on these friendly shores, and decided that the love you make is equal to the love you take

BroncoNut
12-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Nut doesn't troll.

Tink is the biggest troll by far on this site.

Cugel
12-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Anyway, all that yapping aside, I hope the Broncos beat Bal, because the #2 seed is still not out of reach, and with Houston's loss last night, even the number 1 seed is a slim possibility.

NE Opponents:
49ers
@ Jax
MIA

If we look at NE, a loss next week is still a possibility. I was watching NFL AM this morning, and at least one of those guys was predicting SF would win next week. If they get passed SF, then while a loss at Jacksonville or home against Miami is possible, NE should win those games. So, we are looking at a chance, a fairly good one, that they lose one game.

HOU Opponents:
Colts
Vikings
@Colts

If we look at Hou's opponents, things are much harder to predict. Houston should win all of those games, but could lose any of them. The Colts have been a team that have looked very good at times this year, and their young QB is getting better every week. I find this impossible to predict, thinking Houston could go anywhere from 3-0 to 0-3 down the stretch, but more than likely no worse than 2-1.

Assuming the Broncos win out, which they should do with the Ravens injuries and OC change, the Broncos would be 13-3. If Houston loses one more game, they are 13-3, and beat the Broncos in a tiebreaker. I should note that even if it's a three way tie, where NE, Houston and Den are at 13-3, then NE gets the number one seed because they have swept the head-to-head games. So, in all cases, the Broncos need to be a game ahead of NE/Houston for any given seeding.

So, I think the number one see is possible, but unlikely. The number two seed for the Broncos should come down to next week. If NE beats SF, then by all rights they should have the #2 seed locked up.

IF the Patriots lose to the 49ers, and the Broncos win out, then they will finish 13-3 and have the #1 or #2 (more probably) seed.

But, watching the Patriots the other night I seriously doubt they lose to S.F. And then it's two patsies in Jacksonville and Miami. They could rest Tom Brady and still beat those teams.

Hence the Pats finish 13-3 and there's no way for the Broncos to get the #2 seed because of the head-to-head tiebreaker they lose to BOTH the Pats & Texans.

I'd rather see the Broncos at home against Indy and then away against the Texans because I think they could win both games.

But, I also think the Pats will wind up with the #1 overall seed anyway because the Texans play the Colts twice more. I think they will lose at least 1 of those games and finish 13-3. They'd still have the tie-breaker over Denver but would lose out to the Pats on the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Hence, Pats #1, Texans, #2 and Broncos #3 or #4.

If they lose to the Ravens they could wind up with the #4 seed and have to travel to N.E. for the 2nd round just like last year!

And it will be the same result as last year.

If we play them in the AFC Championship game I think it could be a different story. By then Denver would have beaten the Texans already, and possibly the Colts or Steelers as well. They would be on a roll. (Texans can't finish worse than #3 since they will have only 3 losses, while the Ravens have at least 4).

BroncoWave
12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
IF the Patriots lose to the 49ers, and the Broncos win out, then they will finish 13-3 and have the #1 or #2 (more probably) seed.

But, watching the Patriots the other night I seriously doubt they lose to S.F. And then it's two patsies in Jacksonville and Miami. They could rest Tom Brady and still beat those teams.

Hence the Pats finish 13-3 and there's no way for the Broncos to get the #2 seed because of the head-to-head tiebreaker they lose to BOTH the Pats & Texans.

I'd rather see the Broncos at home against Indy and then away against the Texans because I think they could win both games.

But, I also think the Pats will wind up with the #1 overall seed anyway because the Texans play the Colts twice more. I think they will lose at least 1 of those games and finish 13-3. They'd still have the tie-breaker over Denver but would lose out to the Pats on the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Hence, Pats #1, Texans, #2 and Broncos #3 or #4.

If they lose to the Ravens they could wind up with the #4 seed and have to travel to N.E. for the 2nd round just like last year!

And it will be the same result as last year.

If we play them in the AFC Championship game I think it could be a different story. By then Denver would have beaten the Texans already, and possibly the Colts or Steelers as well. They would be on a roll. (Texans can't finish worse than #3 since they will have only 3 losses, while the Ravens have at least 4).

The Texans only have 11 wins. If they lose out they could finish in the 4 seed.

sneakers
12-13-2012, 03:53 AM
I was thinking about this today too..

sneakers
12-13-2012, 03:54 AM
The Texans only have 11 wins. If they lose out they could finish in the 4 seed.

If houston loses all the rest of the games, they wont win teh division!

edit: if colts win out they be 12-4...and teh colts play the texans twice still.

Tned
12-13-2012, 07:43 AM

They almost lost to Miami a week and a half ago, so I'm not sure I buy the "they could rest Tom Brady and still beat those teams."

There is no question that New England is good. This is nothing new, but people are over-reacting to the Texans game and forgetting the multiple games that the Patriots either lost or struggled in.

artie_dale
12-13-2012, 08:37 AM
New England almost lost to Miami becuase for some reason, Miami ALWAYS gives NE a very hard time at least once a year. I chalk it up as a divisional game and those are never "gimmies".

I say "No WAY JOSE!" Beating Baltimore will be more validation, which is what we obviously need since some of you don't think we can compete with New England. I want to face New England again. When we played them, we lost due to two fumbles (McGahee & D. Thomas) and NE caught our defense off guard with the most hurried-up no-huddle offense I've ever seen (which is what they also did against Houston). So, I hope Del Rio recognized that and preps our boys for it. If our defense can get ready faster (which isn't easy), I think we have enough talent to matchup against their WR's so our DL can get to Brady, OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AGAIN!

Tned
12-13-2012, 08:43 AM
New England almost lost to Miami becuase for some reason, Miami ALWAYS gives NE a very hard time at least once a year. I chalk it up as a divisional game and those are never "gimmies".

I say "No WAY JOSE!" Beating Baltimore will be more validation, which is what we obviously need since some of you don't think we can compete with New England. I want to face New England again. When we played them, we lost due to two fumbles (McGahee & D. Thomas) and NE caught our defense off guard with the most hurried-up no-huddle offense I've ever seen (which is what they also did against Houston). So, I hope Del Rio recognized that and preps our boys for it. If our defense can get ready faster (which isn't easy), I think we have enough talent to matchup against their WR's so our DL can get to Brady, OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AGAIN!

I agree NE/Miami is a division game, and those are often fights, even when one team is better than the other -- kind of like recent games the Broncos have played against KC & Oak. However, a lot of us Broncos fans seem to look at the KC/Oak games as scary indicators that the Broncos aren't as good as we thought, but the NE/Mia game as an anomaly because Miami is a division rival.

That said, I agree with everything you said in this post. :2thumbs:

PatriotsGuy
12-13-2012, 09:14 AM
I think a good strategy would be for Denver to lose all of the remaining games.

artie_dale
12-13-2012, 09:26 AM

^^^A little validation from the other side.

MasterShake
12-13-2012, 09:41 AM

Good point. And to counter, I think Tom Brady should always call the "Run fast and get open play" in the huddle. Then when they hike the ball, he just closes his eyes and chucks the ball in the air as far as he can. I think the Pats could win a lot of games like that.

Dzone
12-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Now I look forward to Knowshon Moreno proving his critics wrong. Myself included. He will do good as long as he runs instead of dancing. Ravens have sucked against the run this year. Moreno could be running downhill a lot on sunday. The more I hear about the Ravens, the more terrible they are sounding. They are depleted and giving up a lot of yards.

Army Bronco
12-13-2012, 11:00 AM

Good point. And to counter, I think Tom Brady should always call the "Run fast and get open play" in the huddle. Then when they hike the ball, he just closes his eyes and chucks the ball in the air as far as he can. I think the Pats could win a lot of games like that. Or Brady can use his normal strategy of crying to the refs after every single bad play.

Ravage!!!
12-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Now I look forward to Knowshon Moreno proving his critics wrong. Myself included. He will do good as long as he runs instead of dancing. Ravens have sucked against the run this year. Moreno could be running downhill a lot on sunday. The more I hear about the Ravens, the more terrible they are sounding. They are depleted and giving up a lot of yards.

They co uld be getting Lewis back this week. His leadership and calling on the field, alone, could make a big difference on that.

I'm still pretty critical of Moreno, but would love for him to have a HUGE game against Baltimore!

Dzone
12-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I hope Ray Lewis plays. He is about as slow as Joe Mays. I think we can abuse him with some misdirection , leaving him running the opposite way and not having the speed to recover. Boom. Knowshon, Hillman and Ball combine for 200 yards

Poet
12-13-2012, 01:17 PM
I hope Ray Lewis plays.

Really? When he first went out he was fourth in tackles and legitimately playing at a Pro Bowl level.

T.K.O.
12-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Good test to see how we might fair in the playoffs if we have to play back east for any reason;)

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 04:35 PM
be careful what you wish for.
you cant discount the motivation he provides in uniform, on the field.
he aint what he used to be, but his impact on the team and the home crowd is undeniable.
see joan of arc for details.

slim
12-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why any Bronco fan would want to see him play this week.

Wouldn't break my heart if he has to miss one more game.

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 05:38 PM
... the only reason would be beating the ravens at full strength with no excuses.
we beat the ravens, yeh,but...
like our win last year against the steelers, yeh, but...
I want our broncos to beat the ravens in balt, wether or not the murderer is in uniform !
go broncos!

Simple Jaded
12-13-2012, 05:53 PM
I would hope losing this game would have a silver lining, this game concerns me the most after the Hous/NE games. Streaks are meant to be broken and almost all the streaks are trending with Denver. The current winning streak, B-mores losing streak and Manning's record vs the Ravens.

This schedule has been a btch, I cringe when people talk about blowouts and easy wins.......

SmilinAssasSin27
12-13-2012, 06:43 PM

But ya also don't wanna make it unnecessarily hard on yourself either. Pittsburgh is beginning to get healthy and is as dangerous as ANYONE when at full strength. With 3 weeks to go, it's too early to jockey for positioning. That said, if this were week 17 and we could pick between Indy and Pitt? No brainer...

Cugel
12-14-2012, 04:03 PM
There's simply no way to know whether it would be better for Denver lose or win this game.

If they lose, they might very probably wind up with the #4 seed. That might mean they play Pittsburgh at home and then travel to Texas -- or it could be NE.

I think the Patriots win out. They are playing great ball and if they get past the 49ers at home they have the Jacksonville Little Sisters of the Poor, and the Miami Prancing Nuns in the last 2 weeks.

They could beat those teams just by showing up. Likely they go 13-3. If Texans lose one of their remaining two games with the Colts (they finish the season with the Colts at Indy), then they are #2 seed.

Then Denver would need the #3 seed to avoid playing in NE in the 2nd round. Hopefully, Baltimore or Pittsburgh could knock them off, thus giving the AFC Championship game at home or in Texas, but I doubt it.

artie_dale
12-18-2012, 09:18 PM
So, was that win convincing enough to prove the Broncos are a team to reckon with? Or did it prove how bad Baltimore sucks? Oh, and how about how SF powned NE? That proved that NE can be beat.

The Broncos are a different team than they were when they lost to Atl, NE, and Hou. If you can believe that... then you're where I am.

Tned
12-18-2012, 10:03 PM
So, was that win convincing enough to prove the Broncos are a team to reckon with? Or did it prove how bad Baltimore sucks? Oh, and how about how SF powned NE? That proved that NE can be beat.

The Broncos are a different team than they were when they lost to Atl, NE, and Hou. If you can believe that... then you're where I am.

Prior to week 14, the guys on NFL AM (NFL Network) along with several other shows were saying the Broncos were the best team in the NFL. After the Broncos non-impressive win against Oak and New England's win over Houston, the same people last week were going on about how New England is clearly the best team in the NFL. Now, driving home from Little Rock, I hear on Sirius Radio (simulcast Total Access) that Denver is the best team in the NFL.

Kind of funny the way that ball has bounced.

Army Bronco
12-18-2012, 10:16 PM

Prior to week 14, the guys on NFL AM (NFL Network) along with several other shows were saying the Broncos were the best team in the NFL. After the Broncos non-impressive win against Oak and New England's win over Houston, the same people last week were going on about how New England is clearly the best team in the NFL. Now, driving home from Little Rock, I hear on Sirius Radio (simulcast Total Access) that Denver is the best team in the NFL.

Kind of funny the way that ball has bounced. Its houstons turn next week.

Joker56
12-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Pitt lost to Dallas,the good ole Pats mailed it in against SFran....
The Broncos walked all over poor,injured Rav's
as Dorkdork said ... they have so many injuries and they played so damn well ... LOL
Yea , sure ...
And we got the #2 Seed ... Go Broncs !!!!!

Buff
12-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Joker seems familiar. I can't quite put my finger on it...

Joker56
12-19-2012, 07:08 PM
I am really just been lurking for years on here,registered a year ago or so... but just enjoyed reading the forum.
Just started to post last few days ... LOL
I been a Broncos fan sence 1971 as a 14 year old who came from a communist country ,never saw a football game before and ended up in Loveland,Colorado learning about the USA , football, learning english ... and so on ...

Buff
12-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I am really just been lurking for years on here,registered a year ago or so... but just enjoyed reading the forum.
Just started to post last few days ... LOL
I been a Broncos fan sence 1971 as a 14 year old who came from a communist country ,never saw a football game before and ended up in Loveland,Colorado learning about the USA , football, learning english ... and so on ...

I see... Hey, random question, how do you feel about bull fighting?

Joker56
12-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Why can't the bulls just get along ?
Why fight ?
They need to watch or listen to more Bronco games ..

Bacchus
12-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Don't get me wrong, I want us to win and haven't given up on the 2 seed, but assuming the Pats hold on the 2 seed is looking grim. If the current seeds hold. The 3 would play Pitt and then NE, while the 4 would play Indy then Houston. I would way rather have the 4 in that scenario. I don't want us to tank or anything, but the 4 is looking mighty attractive if we don't get the 2.

I know I am late to this thread but "uhhh NO!!"