PDA

View Full Version : Learning to cook

Poet
12-10-2012, 06:19 PM
I have zero cooking ability. I eat out a lot and microwave a lot of crap. I want to learn to cook, but the task seems daunting to me.

Any suggestions?

slim
12-10-2012, 06:31 PM
The stove has burners on top. The oven is the one with a door.

Water boils at 212F

chazoe60
12-10-2012, 06:35 PM
just start trying to cook stuff. Seriously, cooking is like anything else, if you practice you'll get better. Find a cookbook that looks good to you and just try to cook some stuff from it. Also, if you have a community college near you take a class, it's also a cool place to meet chicks.

slim
12-10-2012, 06:37 PM
just start trying to cook stuff. Seriously, cooking is like anything else, if you practice you'll get better. Find a cookbook that looks good to you and just try to cook some stuff from it. Also, if you have a community college near you take a class, it's also a cool place to meet chicks.

Yeah, just find a recipe for your favorite dish and try it. You will find things about it you like and things you don't like and you can adjust it the second time around.

Just experiment and try different things (not sexually, but with your food).

MileHighCrew
12-10-2012, 06:39 PM
use lots of oil, salt and mayo. You'll love it

NightTerror218
12-10-2012, 06:42 PM
buy recipe book and follow directions.

Timmy!
12-10-2012, 06:52 PM
If the food tastes shitty, add bacon.

Poet
12-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Timmy, I'll just forget about cooking and only eat bacon.

/thread.

MOtorboat
12-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't bother. You pretty much suck at everything.

Poet
12-10-2012, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't bother. You pretty much suck at everything.

I think I'm a pretty good Bengals fan and I'm not a bad writer. You cut me deep, Mo.

SR
12-10-2012, 07:21 PM
I have zero cooking ability. I eat out a lot and microwave a lot of crap. I want to learn to cook, but the task seems daunting to me.

Any suggestions?

Find a recipe online for something you like. Follow it to a t. Take your time. Meal.

MOtorboat
12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Let's start easy, King. Get two pieces of bread and piece of cheese. Place skillet on burner. Turn burner knob to medium heat. Put butter on one side of one of the pieces of bread and place the bread butter-side down in the skillet. Place cheese on bread in skillet. Butter one side of other piece of bread, place on top of cheese, butter side up.

Let cook for a few minutes, then flip til golden brown on both sides.

You're welcome.

NightTrainLayne
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Just try it. Take a big risk, and try something that seems outlandish, but something you really like to eat.

Odds are you will make something delicious. If not, keep trying. I was scared to really cook for a long time, and finally took the plunge trying out some recipes from the Internet that looked really good, but were initially daunting. The results have been fantastic, but you can't do it if you don't try.

WTE
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
King, I find cooking to be relaxing and theraputic. That's why I'm such a swell and easy going guy.

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 02:44 AM
consider that if you take up cooking, you may end up like me.

ignore all this great advice and encoragement you are getting and just continue to eat out and depend on the professionals.

while you are eating try to avoid thinking,
'shit, zam may have made this"

not that you will listen to anything I say, but i reccomend you start by reading a few simple internet recipes on how to cook a whole chicken.
I woiuld even post a method for you, but I have no doubt you would resent it !
but something as simple as cooking a whole chicken properly can be very gratifying.

first question is what cooking aparatus do you posess?
pans, kmives, cutting board, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, the basics.

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 03:31 AM
King, I find cooking to be relaxing and theraputic. That's why I'm such a swell and easy going guy.works for me !

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Let's start easy, King. Get two pieces of bread and piece of cheese. Place skillet on burner. Turn burner knob to medium heat. Put butter on one side of one of the pieces of bread and place the bread butter-side down in the skillet. Place cheese on bread in skillet. Butter one side of other piece of bread, place on top of cheese, butter side up.

Let cook for a few minutes, then flip til golden brown on both sides.

You're welcome.

thank you Mo. I think I will try it. what is that a recipe for?

PatriotsGuy
12-11-2012, 10:09 AM
thank you Mo. I think I will try it. what is that a recipe for?

Beef Wellington

Thnikkaman
12-11-2012, 10:21 AM
King, start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeVbhTwA38

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 10:22 AM
zam's got a pretty good, if not great chili recipe.

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 10:44 AM
King, start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeVbhTwA38

this is excellent. covers just about every important aspect of food preparation for the at home preparer. Very well presented, kept my attention 10 of 10

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 11:26 AM
King, start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeVbhTwA38 alton Brown is the man! put in the na,me of anything you think you might want to cook and follow it with alton brown on a google sarch.
better than a cook book!
you can SEE it done start to finish, and then do it yourself.
alton brown holds the key to YOUR culinary future.

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
alton Brown is the man! put in the na,me of anything you think you might want to cook and follow it with alton brown on a google sarch.
better than a cook book!
you can SEE it done start to finish, and then do it yourself.
alton brown holds the key to YOUR culinary future.

first time I ever saw this fellow. I'm not big on watching cooking networks. I was truly impressed

WTE
12-11-2012, 11:39 AM
zam's got a pretty good, if not great chili recipe.

I didn't like it. He said don't add salt until the very end. Terrible advice. How are you supposed to check for proper flavoring without salt?

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
I didn't like it. He said don't add salt until the very end. Terrible advice. How are you supposed to check for proper flavoring without salt?

I didn't notice that, but sounds like you didn't even try it. iirc, there were other seasonings added well before the final stages. plus it's one of those recipes taht you probalbly need to tweek arouind with for you own preferences. I got a lot of compliments from the batch I prepared from it for a ski trip last season.

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
salt intensifies during cooking.
it is ALWAYS best to season with salt at the END of the process!
taste at the END to adjust salt and seasoning, this TOP for any chef worthy of the title !
salt can always be added, it can never be removed.

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 12:33 PM
taste at the END to adjust salt and seasoning, this TOP for any chef worthy of the title !

I remember now. and I was wondering about the chemical change in salt during heating, if any. dont' think there are any. what do you mean by "intensifies"

slim
12-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Zam is full of it. You can never have too much salt.

WTE
12-11-2012, 12:40 PM

Well I guess we can agree to disagree.

(Actually I hate that expression. In a prior job the audit dept. gave one of my employees an error that was wrong. I was arguing with her back and forth and she finally said, "I guess we can agree to disagree."

I replied with, "I didn't agree to anything." I thought it was a great comeback.

Shortly thereafter she forwarded an inappropriate e-mail to her staff and I was instructed to fire her on the spot b/c her boss was on vacation.

I enjoyed that very much.)

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 12:46 PM

(Actually I hate that expression. In a prior job the audit dept. gave one of my employees an error that was wrong. I was arguing with her back and forth and she finally said, "I guess we can agree to disagree."

I replied with, "I didn't agree to anything." I thought it was a great comeback.

Shortly thereafter she forwarded an inappropriate e-mail to her staff and I was instructed to fire her on the spot b/c her boss was on vacation.

really, wow. I never fired someone. How does one go about doing that? was this in your bikeshop business ?

to me agree to disagree means to quit arguing abouit a matter which is perfectly fine for me.

NightTrainLayne
12-11-2012, 12:53 PM

What you think was a witty reparte, actually means that you agreed with her. If you don't agree to disagree, then you are no longer disagreeing.

smh

WTE
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM
What you think was a witty reparte, actually means that you agreed with her. If you don't agree to disagree, then you are no longer disagreeing.

smh

WTF??? I was up late watching Patriots and drinking beer! I don't understand a word you just said!

chazoe60
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I see a perfect oportunity for some good old fashioned bartering. Zam teaches King to cook and King teaches Zam to spell and type. A positive bonus would be what I predict to be a long and beautiful friendship.

NightTrainLayne
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
WTF??? I was up late watching Patriots and drinking beer! I don't understand a word you just said!

I'm not surprised.

MOtorboat
12-11-2012, 01:21 PM
I see a perfect oportunity for some good old fashioned bartering. Zam teaches King to cook and King teaches Zam to spell and type. A positive bonus would be what I predict to be a long and beautiful friendship.

Lol.

slim
12-11-2012, 01:46 PM

He said you're an idiot.

WTE
12-11-2012, 02:10 PM
He said you're an idiot.

I'm gonna crush that little gimp.

BroncoNut
12-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Zam is full of it. You can never have too much salt.

so be it. pour the whole canister in there and then some. I won't be eating any of it

Poet
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I will let you know how this occurs on Saturday.

NightTrainLayne
12-11-2012, 10:01 PM

What are you planning? Let us know so that we can set odds and take wagers.

MOtorboat
12-11-2012, 10:02 PM

What are you planning? Let us know so that we can set odds and take wagers.

Yes. We need details.

And photos. Especially photos.

Poet
12-11-2012, 10:20 PM
I might try Chef's idea.

DenBronx
12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Rule #1. Never argue with someone who has Chef in their screen name. They might know something about cooking.

King, you sound like a bachelor. Not only do I save money by eating out, I also save time and it probably taste much better.

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 04:14 AM
whole roasted chicken, S.E.D. (simple, easy, delicious)

ingredients
2 whole chickens (just as easy to make two and you will want both !)
carrots
celery
onions, sweet (onion, vidalia or walla walla)
beer or wine, 12 ounces
salt, pepper, garlic POWDER, (herbs)

optional:
orange, red apple or granny smith, leek, garlic

procedure:

chop up the vegertables all about the same size( about the size of your thumb or mo's dick) and put them in a roasting pan,one big enough for both chickens to sit in side by side.
(buy an aluminum disposable one if you dont have one YET.
if you plan to buy a roasting pan, I reccomend PYREX, glass pan.

pour some oil on top of the veggies and mix well so they get an even coat along with the sides and bottom of the pan.
if you use fresh garlic SMASH it before choping it to release its oils.

roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 425.
stir once or twice to avoid burning, brown is ok, black is not!

while the veggies brown, prepare your chickens

remove all the loose parts in the chicken cavety, necks and livers, etc. wash them and regrifdgerate for another occasion.
sometimes they are stuffed in a bag in the front of the bird, under the skin, make sure you remove them.
wash the birds well wirh cold running water.
(always wash and dry yout protiens before cooking.)
set the washed birds on a cuttingboard and rub them with oil over their skin.
season the inside cavity of the birds with salt (kosher) fresh cracked black pepper and garlic POWDER.
if you know you like certain herbs.
like tarragon or rosemary, you can add a few branches or sprinkles of dried herbs to the inside of the cavity,
remove the roasted veggies from the oven, they should smell awesome and have nice brown edges.
pour some good beer or white wine over the veggies and stir.
you should have about 2 inches of liquid floating in the bottom of your pan, use water to make up the difference if you are needing more than 12 ounces of beer or wine.
put the chickens in the pan and caefully to avoid burning the shit out of yourself stuff the cavites with the assorted vggies and roasted fruits.
(use a pair of tongs or large spoon if the veggies are too hot)
with the breast side up place the pan with veggies and stuffed chickens in the oven at 425.
roast for 15 minutes to get the breast side (top) nice and brown)
remove fro oven and turn the chickens over so the breast are now down in the pan to baste in the liquid.
return all to the oven to roast another 20 minutes, so the bottoms of the chickens can now get brown.
remove all from oven
take the chickens OUT of the pan and place on a sheetpan or another EMTY roasting pan.
save the veggies and the juices, we will use those to make a stock later.
put the chickens breast side UP back in to the oven, to roast and crisp, breast side UP
for 10 -15 additional minutes.
use a meat thermometer to test the doneness
you want 150 degree reading if you stick the thermo in the breast, 160 degre reading if you put it in the thick part of the thigh. be sure the thermo is NOY touching any BONE.
let the chicken rest at room temp for about 5 minutes then pull apart and devour like a savage

WTE
12-12-2012, 06:21 AM
King, I have a much simpler chicken recipe than that long-winded one above.

Buy one of these:

Season chickens with lemon pepper seasonings

Place chicken in cooker

Set it.

Forget it

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 11:25 AM
yes you have to read the instructions. if you cant take the TWO minutes that requires, you dont have the mindset to be a cook!
all this preperation will take less than 20 minutes, maybe 30 for a first timer.
1 hour of cooking time start to finish
those slow cook rotisserie roasters take 3-4 hours.
and if you stuffthem with aromatics to maximize flavor, you have the SAME prep time and you have to TRUSS thoise birds to keep them on the skewer , the stuffing inside and the wings from flaPPING AROPUND !

Thnikkaman
12-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Rule #1. Never argue with someone who has Chef in their screen name. They might know something about cooking.

King, you sound like a bachelor. Not only do I save money by eating out, I also save time and it probably taste much better.

Really? Are you serious? Give me the money you spend on food in a day, and I'll make you meals for 3 days.

WTE
12-12-2012, 11:53 AM
yes you have to read the instructions. if you cant take the TWO minutes that requires, you dont have the mindset to be a cook!
all this preperation will take less than 20 minutes, maybe 30 for a first timer.
1 hour of cooking time start to finish
those slow cook rotisserie roasters take 3-4 hours.
and if you stuffthem with aromatics to maximize flavor, you have the SAME prep time and you have to TRUSS thoise birds to keep them on the skewer , the stuffing inside and the wings from flaPPING AROPUND !

No they take two hours to cook. And you don't need to add stuffing to maximize the flavor. They're delicious with just a little bit of seasoning.

And the best part is watching them turn a delicious golden brown as they cook. It's kinda like watching a fire in the fireplace. Very relaxing.

But yes, you do need to wrap them in twine. That's not a biggie.

MOtorboat
12-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Screw these fancy ******s King.

Grab some boneless chicken breasts and a McCormick's marinade packet from the seasoning aisle (look on the back of the packet, you'll likely need oil and possibly vinegar or red wine vinegar depending on which packet you pick). Marinate the chicken in a plastic bag with the seasoning mix for half an hour, and then either slap it on the grill, bake it or in a pan on the stove.

A lot easier than this whole chicken crap.

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 12:40 PM
rotisserie cooking is great, its uniform roasting and basting.
chicken is ideal in one of those ovens!
do you want to learn to cook, or do you want to buy a specialty oven?
i suggested the whole chicken as aposed to grilling a breast because i figure any adult man alrerady has some experince grilling.
I suggested a whole chicken because it will be the most gratifying for you to complete the process and feel inspired to do more cooking !
and you will next be making a stock, the FOUNDATION of all cooking.
tel me patsy, what kind of stock do you make from a rotisserie chicken?

Thnikkaman
12-12-2012, 12:45 PM
rotisserie cooking is great, its uniform roasting and basting.
chicken is ideal in one of those ovens!
do you want to learn to cook, or do you want to buy a specialty oven?
i suggested the whole chicken as aposed to grilling a breast because i figure any adult man alrerady has some experince grilling.
I suggested a whole chicken because it will be the most gratifying for you to complete the process and feel inspired to do more cooking !
and you will next be making a stock, the FOUNDATION of all cooking.

And here's how to carve it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d739zXtd8XQ

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 12:46 PM
No they take two hours to cook. And you don't need to add stuffing to maximize the flavor. They're delicious with just a little bit of seasoning.

And the best part is watching them turn a delicious golden brown as they cook. It's kinda like watching a fire in the fireplace. Very relaxing.

But yes, you do need to wrap them in twine. That's not a biggie.2 hours versus one
how long to read the oven instructions.
how long to tie the bird on to the rotating skewers how long to clean that oven when its all done?

whats the gameplan king?
have you checked out other whole chicken recipes on line?

WTE
12-12-2012, 12:47 PM

I don't make chicken soup from a chicken that's already cooked. I throw an uncooked bird in a stock pot with carrots, onions and celery. I then remove everything, toss the veggies, place the stock in the fridge overnight, skim the fat in the morning.

Make my stock the next day w/ fresh veggies and after I'm satisified with the flavor I add my de-boned chicken meat cook for a few more minutes and serve.

I think it's similar to the way Julia Child does it, not sure.

chazoe60
12-12-2012, 12:47 PM
King here's a badass way to make some yummy potatoes that go well with chicken.

Take a bag of baby yukon gold potatoes, they should be roughly the size of ping pong balls or smaller, boil them for about ten to fifteen minutes. They be done boiling when you can stick a fork in them and the weight of the potatoe makes them fall off the fork. Then cut them each in half.

Take a sautee pan and put extra virgin olive oil in it. I like spice so I also add a mixture of spices and hot sauces to the olive oil. Heat the oil on med-high heat and add the potatoes. Sautee them to a golden brown. I like them with a little crunch. I also like to shread a little habenero pepper cheddar cheese over them toward the end of the sauteeing process, it adds flavor, more spice, and helps add to the crunch.

Simple easy delicious potatoes.

WTE
12-12-2012, 12:49 PM
2 hours versus one

I guess you missed the part about watching the birds cook is very relaxing. Like watching a fire in the fireplace.

PatriotsGuy
12-12-2012, 12:51 PM
And here's how to carve it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d739zXtd8XQ

That's how I carve it but I do the thighs and legs before the breasts.

Dirk
12-13-2012, 08:06 AM
King, here is the first thing I cooked as a meal. I got it out of a magazine years ago. It's quick, easy cleanup and surprisingly delicious.

Peel and slice 4 large potatoes. Make the slices about a quarter inch thick.
Take a large frying pan and put some Crisco in it. About 4 heaping tablespoons.
Once the Crisco melts and is hot, place the potatoes in. Make sure they aren't wet or it will pop the Crisco on you.
Cook the potatoes flipping them occasionally on medium heat until they are done and brown to your liking. (I like mine crispy). You may need to add a bit more Crisco as they cook.
Once the potatoes are to your liking, drain off any additional grease. Set the pan on a cool burner.
Open one can of sweet corn and drain. Pour the corn into the pan with the potatoes.
Slice 4 to 5 hotdogs about a quarter inch thick into the pan with the potatoes and corn.
Place the pan back on the burner on low heat and stir gently as not to mash your potatoes.
About 5 mins everything should be hot and ready to eat.
Salt and pepper to taste.

A couple of utinsels, frying pan and your dishes are all there is to clean up. Total cooking time around 40 mins.

Again, I found this to be surprisingly delicious.

PatriotsGuy
12-13-2012, 09:16 AM
King, here is the first thing I cooked as a meal. I got it out of a magazine years ago. It's quick, easy cleanup and surprisingly delicious.

Peel and slice 4 large potatoes. Make the slices about a quarter inch thick.
Take a large frying pan and put some Crisco in it. About 4 heaping tablespoons.
Once the Crisco melts and is hot, place the potatoes in. Make sure they aren't wet or it will pop the Crisco on you.
Cook the potatoes flipping them occasionally on medium heat until they are done and brown to your liking. (I like mine crispy). You may need to add a bit more Crisco as they cook.
Once the potatoes are to your liking, drain off any additional grease. Set the pan on a cool burner.
Open one can of sweet corn and drain. Pour the corn into the pan with the potatoes.
Slice 4 to 5 hotdogs about a quarter inch thick into the pan with the potatoes and corn.
Place the pan back on the burner on low heat and stir gently as not to mash your potatoes.
About 5 mins everything should be hot and ready to eat.
Salt and pepper to taste.

A couple of utinsels, frying pan and your dishes are all there is to clean up. Total cooking time around 40 mins.

Again, I found this to be surprisingly delicious.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

chazoe60
12-13-2012, 09:18 AM

Pags, how many times do we have to tell you to quit talking about what you had for dinner?

Dirk
12-13-2012, 09:20 AM

Like I said, I was surprised it tasted so good. It doesn't sound like it....but it works.

slim
12-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Stop being an elitist douche bag.

PatriotsGuy
12-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Stop being an elitist douche bag.

lol crisco? hot dogs?? come on

slim
12-13-2012, 12:25 PM
lol crisco? hot dogs?? come on

You don't like hot dogs?

PatriotsGuy
12-13-2012, 12:27 PM
You don't like hot dogs?

I love hot dogs but usually we buy Hebrew National and I eat them as hot dogs, I don't fry them in crisco with corn

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I love hot dogs but usually we buy Hebrew National and I eat them as hot dogs, I don't fry them in crisco with corntry earl campbels hot links! they are awesome, I have not purchased any other kind of dog or sausage since first trying Ec's hot links !

wait, I do get fresh brats for tailgate BBQ, but I have not done that for years.

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't make chicken soup from a chicken that's already cooked. I throw an uncooked bird in a stock pot with carrots, onions and celery. I then remove everything, toss the veggies, place the stock in the fridge overnight, skim the fat in the morning.

Make my stock the next day w/ fresh veggies and after I'm satisified with the flavor I add my de-boned chicken meat cook for a few more minutes and serve.

I think it's similar to the way Julia Child does it, not sure.
this is good, this is the way a jewish grandmother would make chicken soup.
but ROASTED bones make the best stock !
if you de-boned that boiled/ stewed chichken, then roasted the bones and added the old veggies and broth , you would then creat an awesome flavored broth/ stock for future cooking or for a fabulous chicken soup. this is the way a french/ jewish/ italian mother would make her soup if she had a real cooking background and not just the hand-me down methods of previous generations.

roasted bones make the best stocks, if its not in the bible, it should be.

Poet
12-13-2012, 01:14 PM
I appreciate everyone in this thread.

slim
12-13-2012, 01:18 PM
I appreciate everyone in this thread.

It's too bad Terrell Davis isn't in this thread :sad:

Poet
12-13-2012, 01:18 PM
It's too bad Terrell Davis isn't in this thread :sad:

I adopted him!

MOtorboat
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
King, I just made a wonderful lunch. Baked chicken with one of those McCormick marinades and garlic rice from Rice a Roni.

Less than 10 bucks. Three meals.

Poet
12-13-2012, 01:23 PM
I wonder if salsa would go well with that chicken?

BroncoJoe
12-13-2012, 01:23 PM
King, I just made a wonderful lunch. Baked chicken with one of those McCormick marinades and garlic rice from Rice a Roni.

Less than 10 bucks. Three meals.

WOW! That's only $3.33 per meal and you have a penny left over to do what ever you want with!

Awesomeness.

MOtorboat
12-13-2012, 01:24 PM
WOW! That's only $3.33 per meal and you have a penny left over to do what ever you want with!

Awesomeness.

Smartass.

Dirk
12-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Dude...you don't fry the hotdogs in crisco...the crisco is only for frying the taters....you drain off the crisco before adding the hotdogs and corn.

I bet you have never had a Cheetos Blizzard either have you? The crunchy Cheetos not the puffs. The contrast of salty and sweet makes that work also.

Live a little on the wild side!!

BroncoJoe
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Dude...you don't fry the hotdogs in crisco...the crisco is only for frying the taters....you drain off the crisco before adding the hotdogs and corn.

I bet you have never had a Cheetos Blizzard either have you? The crunchy Cheetos not the puffs. The contrast of salty and sweet makes that work also.

I think I'm going to be sick.

slim
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM

It's kind of like hot dogs and homemade potato chips. I could probably do without the corn (not a big fan of corn), but yeah, I would try it.

Ignore Pags, he is rich and only eats fresh lobster and kobe beef.

Poet
12-13-2012, 01:28 PM
What is Kobe Beef, other than something forced upon the women of Colorado?

MOtorboat
12-13-2012, 01:29 PM

Expensive beef.

Poet
12-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Expensive beef.

Is it worth it?

Thnikkaman
12-13-2012, 01:32 PM

No, but I've had a Krispy Kreme shake.

MOtorboat
12-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Is it worth it?

Never had it. It comes from a Japanese cow, so it's imported. Probably increases the price.

Thnikkaman
12-13-2012, 01:33 PM

The most marbled and tasty beef you will ever eat. I would like to eat it in a carpaccio.

slim
A cheeto blizzard....that is awesome.

Poet
Never had it. It comes from a Japanese cow, so it's imported. Probably increases the price.

It's probably good at math.

Thnikkaman
12-13-2012, 01:34 PM

PatriotsGuy
12-13-2012, 02:04 PM
What in the flying bleep is a cheetos blizzard

Thnikkaman
12-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Tonight I shall dine on BiBimBap. I might double egg it depending on how many calories I have left for the day.

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
It's probably good at math.real kobe beef will laugh at stupid gameshows and thats probably a picture of Kobe beef on vacation !

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 03:00 PM
1933that looks like a picture of a NY steak. the marbeling is off the charts !
How does that cow not have a heart attack?
the secret to heart health is figuring out how a kobe cow survives its diet !

BroncoNut
12-13-2012, 03:02 PM
thinking about trying to increase my muscle mass just for kicks. I'm lifting relatively light weights (12-15 reps) right now pretty diligently. change in diet may be in order. I need more protein in it. rihgt now alot of salads and chicken. i want to try to just eat more in general. low on carbohydrates for early onset diabetes. I'm going to try a higher protein diet to see if I get stronger or even bigger at this age (46). I think I will try to start lifting bigger weights here soon too. nothing less than 8 reps minimum.

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 03:30 PM
you want LEAN protein, you shouldnt even be READING about kobe beef !

BroncoNut
12-13-2012, 03:36 PM
that looks like a picture of a NY steak. the marbeling is off the charts !
How does that cow not have a heart attack?
the secret to heart health is figuring out how a kobe cow survives its diet !

that's too much marbling, bet it tastes good though.

Thnikkaman
12-13-2012, 04:12 PM
thinking about trying to increase my muscle mass just for kicks. I'm lifting relatively light weights (12-15 reps) right now pretty diligently. change in diet may be in order. I need more protein in it. rihgt now alot of salads and chicken. i want to try to just eat more in general. low on carbohydrates for early onset diabetes. I'm going to try a higher protein diet to see if I get stronger or even bigger at this age (46). I think I will try to start lifting bigger weights here soon too. nothing less than 8 reps minimum.

Nut, give 5x5s a try.

Chef Zambini
12-18-2012, 11:21 AM
so what did you cook?

Poet
12-18-2012, 02:22 PM
so what did you cook?

Nothing. I spent the day studying for finals and writing papers. I was bummed. I plan on throwing some beef and other meat products in a skillet with my favorite vegetables. It's what happens to be in the house.

weazel
12-18-2012, 02:24 PM

Any suggestions?

just go steal Pags' wife from him

PatriotsGuy
12-18-2012, 02:27 PM
No, don't!

weazel
12-18-2012, 02:30 PM

it's beef that you have never ever had in North America. People may have been fooled into believing they are eating Kobe beef, but it's impossible. No Japanese beef, let alone Kobe, is exported into North America, it's illlegal. All those cute menu items that claim to be Kobe, Wagyu or any other type of Japanese beef are lies. There are groups in the US that raise cattle and call them wagyu or American Wagyu or American Kobe because they can get away with stealing trademarks but it's just an American cow, it might even be better than Kobe, it all depends on ones taste right?

*edit... until September of this year. Wow Thnik, I didnt know that it was allowed now. Cool.