PDA

View Full Version : What would our record be if Tebow was still our QB?

sneakers
12-10-2012, 04:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fhrgu.jpg

Northman
12-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Looking at the schedule, probably 5-11.

swaiy
12-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Whatever adds up to a 10-15 ranged first round pick.

Dapper Dan
12-10-2012, 04:55 AM
I believe we finish with an 8-8 record.

It also opens up a big can of worms about other moves we would have made. Another $15 million or so would be freed up.

Dapper Dan
12-10-2012, 04:56 AM
*Note: We're definitely better off by having the best quarterback that ever lived.

Dean
12-10-2012, 07:39 AM
As one of the better teams in the NFL, why does it matter. Time does not reverse.

Tned
12-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Probably struggled in the first half of the season with the brutal schedule, and then as the defense got better, we would have done pretty good in the second half. We would probably have finished around .500 and be battling for the AFC West title.

Broncfan1970
12-10-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm sure Norv lays awake wishing he was so his team would still be in contention to win the west

ShaneFalco
12-10-2012, 10:42 AM
316-0

BroncoNut
12-10-2012, 10:53 AM
6 and 10 I bet. Tebow wasn't really that good.

weazel
12-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Would have beat Raiders once, Pittsburgh and KC. 3-10

silkamilkamonico
12-10-2012, 12:42 PM
With our defense, 9-7. Our defense is pretty f'n good.

Tebow won what, 8 games last year with our defense who wasn't as good as this years?

Or are you guys saying Tebow really did single handily make it to the playoffs?

topscribe
12-10-2012, 12:46 PM
19-0. Super Bowl champs.

slim
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
**** you, Sneakers.

rationalfan
12-10-2012, 01:05 PM
i'm kinda surprised nobody has made a troll/tebow face yet.

Locnar
12-10-2012, 01:45 PM
To be honest I think we are still a .500 football team.

Our defense has upgraded, and as terrible of a passer Tebow was he still could do things to win us games.

Joel
12-10-2012, 01:54 PM
It's a valid question, but the issue was never whether Tebow>Manning; I don't think even Skip Bayless would suggest that. The issue was and is whether Manning retires before we get all the other talent between us and a Super Bowl, if his $20 million/year salary PREVENTS getting it and what we do in 2-3 years if the answer to the first two questions is "yes." Peyton won't last long enough to give us a dozen wins for a half dozen years like he did Indy, but even if he did I'd rather have Eli if they ended like in Indy: With an abrupt and early playoff exit. That's not a shot at Peyton; the Colts D is so hopeless even Tony Dungy couldn't make it respectable, just good enough for one of the best offenses in history to eke out a Super Bowl win against Rex Grossman. My point is, I'd rather have Elis two Super Bowl wins than Peytons 7 straight 12 win seasons with ONE Super Bowl win and another loss. The Colts were the winningest team of the 21st Centurys first decade, but the Pats went 3/4 in Super Bowls: Which one did people consider a dynasty? ;)

I'm not content to win lots of games; I want to win THE game. Maybe I'm spoiled, but more likely just got frustrated watching the Oilers make 7 straight playoffs (yea!) but never get past the divisional round (boo!)

As to this seasons record alone, well, I doubt we'd have much more trouble beating Pitt with Tebow than last time, and the Raiders and Chiefs are so awful we could probably beat them with ARCHIE Manning. The same goes for Carolina, and San Diego, albeit to a lesser extent. Cincinatti was much better last year when we beat them with ORTON, so I don't see any problems there. That's 8 wins, so we're down to "could we have beaten Tampa and New Orleans with Tebow?" The Saints haven't been the same since Bountygate broke, and the Bucs are a mediocre team, so I think we'd win one of those games, meaning we're MAYBE one game better with Manning—and $20 million poorer, with a QB who'll be spending his Sundays on the couch three years from now.

Chef Zambini
12-10-2012, 01:55 PM
2 wins, maybe 3.

sneakers do you own a fleet of fishing boats?

Chef Zambini
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
all you guys that think our D would make a difference, I offer the AZ cardinals as exhibit A against any such notions !
the cards have an excellent D ! but over time a poor excuse for a QB will wear down any defense!
the cards started off 4-0, thay have not won a game since !
yesterday... well just look at the final score.
Tebow cant unseat SANCHEZ and sanchez sucks !
I cant understand how any rational football fan can hold on to the notin that TT can actually be a viable NFL QB !

next year/
dancing with the stars.

bcbronc
12-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Doesn't matter, Tebow is too fragile to play his style over any extended time. The real question is "how many wins would we have with Hanie at the helm?"

slim
12-10-2012, 02:32 PM
all you guys that think our D would make a difference, I offer the AZ cardinals as exhibit A against any such notions !
the cards have an excellent D ! but over time a poor excuse for a QB will wear down any defense!
the cards started off 4-0, thay have not won a game since !
yesterday... well just look at the final score.
Tebow cant unseat SANCHEZ and sanchez sucks !
I cant understand how any rational football fan can hold on to the notin that TT can actually be a viable NFL QB !

next year/
dancing with the stars.

They just gave up 58 points to Seatlle.

bcbronc
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
They just gave up 58 points to Seatlle.

2 defensive TDS and 8 TOs.

I think that was kinda Zam's point.

weazel
12-10-2012, 02:45 PM

and Seattle didnt slow down, they were going endzone as much as they could. up 51 - 0 and going for it on 4th and 23 and throwing it into the endzone... lmao, after all these years Pete Carrol is still a college coach

Northman
12-10-2012, 03:17 PM

and Seattle didnt slow down, they were going endzone as much as they could. up 51 - 0 and going for it on 4th and 23 and throwing it into the endzone... lmao, after all these years Pete Carrol is still a college coach

I was thinking the same.

Poet
12-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Tim Tebow would have led the Broncos to an undefeated record. The defense played better last year when he was on the field. I think it's only logical to assume that you would have a 85 Bears dominant D right now if he was your QB. Clear as day.

slim
12-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Lynch averaged more than 11 yards a carry in that game. His back up averaged more than 5.

That has nothing to do with turnovers.

Dapper Dan
12-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I used to think we had a really good defense. Now, I guess, it's no better than Arizona's.

Poet
12-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I used to think we had a really good defense. Now, I guess, it's no better than Arizona's.

To be fair, Fox stopped you guys from having maybe the best D ever this offseason. He's a cancer.

DenBronx
12-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I believe we finish with an 8-8 record.

It also opens up a big can of worms about other moves we would have made. Another $15 million or so would be freed up.

I have to think Mario Williams would be a Bronco if we would have had no plans for Manning.

A better question I think is what would the Titans, Chiefs, Cards or 49ers records be with Manning?

Rick
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I assume we would have still drafted OZ and I believe that more than likely with how much Elway wants a passer back there, OZ would have been the guy out of the gate...not Tebow if manning wasn't here. If not right away then by the bye week.

DenBronx
12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
I assume we would have still drafted OZ and I believe that more than likely with how much Elway wants a passer back there, OZ would have been the guy out of the gate...not Tebow if manning wasn't here. If not right away then by the bye week.

I dont even want to think of that. I think Oswieler will be good one day but I think this season would have been brutal if he was starting.

silkamilkamonico
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
2 wins, maybe 3.

LMAO no

We would have went somewhere around 9-7. Our offense would be averaging just under 20 points a game. We would have a few late game wins, maybe 2 or 3 games where we win while running for 350 yards, and we would have probably just as many blowout losses. We would win the division, and then I think we would be one and one with a playoff blowout loss.

Simple Jaded
12-11-2012, 01:26 AM
They woulda won 3 out of 16.......

Simple Jaded
12-11-2012, 01:31 AM
It's a valid question
No, it isn't.......

Day1BroncoFan
12-11-2012, 01:35 AM
If Tebow was still here Fox and Elway would be gone and we would be fighting for air.

Dapper Dan
12-11-2012, 01:44 AM
When you post a troll face you seem to be trolling. So I'm not sure why this thread is still going. It wont lead to anything good..

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 02:16 AM
hte cards d was on the field 70% of the game. they realize their efforst are futile, they now play like that.

Dapper Dan
12-11-2012, 02:17 AM
hte cards d was on the field 70% of the game. they realize their efforst are futile, they now play like that.

So they stopped caring because the offense is bad? That's pathetic.

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 12:09 PM
yes, pathetic, thats exactly the right way to discribe the cards O.
its like a boat with only the guys on one side doing any rowing.
WTF is that boat going?
they just suffered their worst loss in franchise history.
they have been a franchise for 75+ years !
their QB situation is so bad they could actually improve with TT !

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 12:14 PM
LMAO no

We would have went somewhere around 9-7. Our offense would be averaging just under 20 points a game. We would have a few late game wins, maybe 2 or 3 games where we win while running for 350 yards, and we would have probably just as many blowout losses. We would win the division, and then I think we would be one and one with a playoff blowout loss.what excactly is in that cup?
moonshine?
wood alcohol?
TT wont win 4 more games as starting QB in the NFL in his LIFETIME !
if you put him on the vikings as the QB, they would not win 4 games with him at QB !
ONE DEMENSION is a LOSING demension !

Chef Zambini
12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
yes, pathetic, thats exactly the right way to discribe the cards O.
its like a boat with only the guys on one side doing any rowing.
WTF is that boat going?
they just suffered their worst loss in franchise history.
they have been a franchise for 75+ years !
their QB situation is so bad they could actually improve with TT !... but they still would not win, just improve.

cmc0605
12-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Our defense would keep us in some games, but 8-8 would be pushing it.

There's the argument that we could have gotten a few quality players with Peyton's contract money given the enormous $ room we had,but I can't think of any other available-at-the-time players that would substantially impact this argument, and even if we got one or two other solid guys, we almost certainly wouldn't have Stokley, Tamme, maybe Dreesen, etc without Manning. Then there's the whole "Peyton makes everyone better" thing which I think is completely fair. In short, we would not be a good football team right now.

slim
12-11-2012, 12:31 PM

They are an average defense. Nothing more.

tubby
12-11-2012, 01:32 PM
PU8KCBZtpEk

bcbronc
12-11-2012, 03:22 PM
They are an average defense. Nothing more.

They were outstanding for the first quarter + of the season.

weazel
12-11-2012, 04:40 PM
So they stopped caring because the offense is bad? That's pathetic.

did you watch the game? they quit man. It was pathetic

Ravage!!!
12-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I honestly don't think we would have more than 5 wins. Our defense is better this year, because our offense is THAT much better. Our OL is better, because of who's behind center.

5-11 would have been my guess

Simple Jaded
12-11-2012, 11:57 PM
I honestly don't think we would have more than 5 wins.

5-11 would have been my guess
Homer.......

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Our defense would keep us in some games, but 8-8 would be pushing it.

There's the argument that we could have gotten a few quality players with Peyton's contract money given the enormous $ room we had,but I can't think of any other available-at-the-time players that would substantially impact this argument, and even if we got one or two other solid guys, we almost certainly wouldn't have Stokley, Tamme, maybe Dreesen, etc without Manning. Then there's the whole "Peyton makes everyone better" thing which I think is completely fair. In short, we would not be a good football team right now.if we didnt have PFM, we would mot have any free agents signing with us !
no receiver would want to come here, or Rb !
no o lineman !

Dapper Dan
12-12-2012, 02:46 AM
if we didnt have PFM, we would mot have any free agents signing with us !
no receiver would want to come here, or Rb !
no o lineman !

Like Willis McGahee? Like Bunkley?

ShaneFalco
12-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Tebow traded to the rams

BroncoJoe
12-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Tebow traded to the rams

:confused:

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 11:12 AM
rams?
is he going to be their mascot?
one of those half man half ram creatures with hairy legsm bi, bair man torso and of course the ram horned head?
beef would like that ! does he carry a flute?
or a clipboard?

Ravage!!!
12-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Tebow traded to the rams

yeah... thats exactly what Fisher wants, to coach ANOTHER running QB that can't throw.

He's lived through that nightmare, and chose the Rams because of Bradford.

Fullback32
12-12-2012, 11:26 AM
For all those who talk of winning records with "He who shall not be named" at QB this season, I think the last three games of the season are forgotten due to the playoff win against a 60% Steelers team. The reality of the situation is that by the end of last season, opposing teams figured it out. That would have carried over to this year, so the thought of 3 to 5 wins is actually more realistic.

Chef Zambini
12-12-2012, 11:33 AM
For all those who talk of winning records with "He who shall not be named" at QB this season, I think the last three games of the season are forgotten due to the playoff win against a 60% Steelers team. The reality of the situation is that by the end of last season, opposing teams figured it out. That would have carried over to this year, so the thought of 3 to 5 wins is actually more realistic.HE STARTED 6-0 HE FINISHED 2-5
once there is film and game history on a QB oponents will figure out their strengths and weaknesses and exploit the weaknesses while defending against the strenghts!

Dapper Dan
12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
For all those who talk of winning records with "He who shall not be named" at QB this season, I think the last three games of the season are forgotten due to the playoff win against a 60% Steelers team. The reality of the situation is that by the end of last season, opposing teams figured it out. That would have carried over to this year, so the thought of 3 to 5 wins is actually more realistic.

The Steelers were 60%

turftoad
12-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Answer to the thread title. I don't care because he's not our QB anymore.Thank god. Just glad we don't have to deal with it anymore.

Cugel
12-12-2012, 04:51 PM
With our defense, 9-7. Our defense is pretty f'n good.

Tebow won what, 8 games last year with our defense who wasn't as good as this years?

Or are you guys saying Tebow really did single handily make it to the playoffs?

They were playing a last place schedule last year. This year they played a FIRST place schedule with the Steelers, Falcons, Texans, Patriots, Bucs, and Ravens, as well as the division matchups.

Tebow would have lost every tough game. Just as he did against the Patriots last year. Then the Broncos would split their division games maybe 4-2.

Thus, somewhere between 6-10 and 7-9. Probably the Chargers win the division. And ZERO chance to advance in the post-season if they do get in.

When will the Tebowites stop this insanity?

Do you think Rex Ryan doesn't want to save his job? He's going to be FIRED at the end of this season! Why isn't he playing Tebow?

Because Tebow sucks and can't throw a forward pass and he sees this every week in practice. The Jets players have all commented publicly on it in the NY Daily News.

Last year was a fluke because teams weren't ready to defend against the spread offense. The Patriots showed how you do it and nobody would be surprised this year.

But, hey! Don't take my word for it! Just wait until next year when Tebow gets traded to Jacksonville and they go 4-12 with him as their starter. That will be the end of Tebow's career in the NFL.

He can then go back to snipping the foreskins off Filipino teen-aged boys, for Jesus. :coffee:

bcbronc
12-13-2012, 02:43 AM
Cug, Tebow has had a rib injury lately. Don't know if Tebow would have got the tap when Sanchez got pulled the other day, but who knows.

Not that it matters. He's not an NFL QB and I can't see him ever being one.

Hawgdriver
12-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Dude. Love that ride last season. But. Only way I can answer.

Is Marion Barber still in the NFL?