PDA

View Full Version : BALTOMORE our 'NEVERMORE'

Chef Zambini
12-08-2012, 11:06 AM
We have NEVER beaten the ravens in balt.
Is this some kind of JFE kharma curse?
I for one am sick i of it ! we owe these guys a beat down in the worst way!
when the season started, I had the broncos circled for 5 losses, this was one of them!
gosh, I sure would like to be WRONG on this one !
can we stop ray rice?will manning continue his winning tradition against the hated ravens. will the return of their emotional'murder- leader inspire that defense?
I would kill for a victory !

Nomad
12-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Why would it be a JFE curse? Baltimore Ravens has been kicking the BRONCOS asses there way before then and none of the games have been close either.

Chef Zambini
12-08-2012, 11:31 AM
who drafted john elway?
and what happened to the baltimore colts the very next year?
john elway represents the mayflower to the people of baltimore.
its like kharma that they feel compelled to beat the JFE team, the denver broncos
because to EVERY football fan in balt, JFE is the broncos even when he wasnt playing or an integral part of the team.

NightTrainLayne
12-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Elway has been a continual source of displeasure for Baltimore.

Now that he is back in the saddle running the team, I predict that he will once again bring pain and agony to their sad city. We lost there when Elway was away.

Nomad
12-08-2012, 11:40 AM
So is JFE....John Elway or John Fox & Elway.

No one is talking Colts.....we're talking Ravens and the BRONCOS have always have a tough time matching up with them especially in Baltimore.

***BRONCOS have a chance if Northman leaves the area for the weekend! I think it's him:D:lol:***

I Eat Staples
12-08-2012, 11:55 AM
I think we win this one.

Chef Zambini
12-08-2012, 12:20 PM
the kharma for denver and baltimore goes back to the colts and john elway.
they were the first to call him john F'n elway, and they did not intend it as a compliment like when we say, PFM.
the folks of baltimore dispise JFE because he represents the loss of the COLTS !
thtas the JFE kharma that I was reffering to.
it aint no big thang, jusyt an indication of how old and how deep the baltimore attitude torwards the broncos is ! all because JFE said, i would rather play baseball than play football in baltimore.

Nomad
12-08-2012, 12:22 PM
the kharma for denver and baltimore goes back to the colts and john elway.
they were the first to call him john F'n elway, and they did not intend it as a compliment like when we say, PFM.
the folks of baltimore dispise JFE because he represents the loss of the COLTS !
thtas the JFE kharma that I was reffering to.
it aint no big thang, jusyt an indication of how old and how deep the baltimore attitude torwards the broncos is ! all because JFE said, i would rather play baseball than play football in baltimore.

I really don't remember 1983 that well.:lol: I was 10 yrs old

Chef Zambini
12-08-2012, 12:31 PM
well thats part of why I posted what I did to enlighten those too young to remember or understand how deep this goes. for those who were not born or old enough to remember, JFE was drafted by the baltimore COLTS!
he refused to play for them, said he would rather play for the yankees!
the colts traded away JFE for mark herrman and a lifetime supply of twinkies.
the next year the owner decided he too didnt want to play in baltimore either and under the cover of darkness he brought in a fleet of mayflower trucks and without warning, moved the team to INDY !
many in balt consider the slap in the face by JFE as the first step in the exxodus !
to them. JFE disrespected the city of baltimore, its people, its history, its crabcakes !

Nomad
12-08-2012, 12:32 PM
crab cakes are damn good!

shank
12-08-2012, 02:32 PM
i see what you did there

Skinny
12-08-2012, 02:35 PM
We got this.

Simple Jaded
12-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Fwiw, the Colts also got Chris Hinton, Denver's first round pick that year and a damn good lineman. I don't know what they're bitching about.......

Davii
12-08-2012, 04:28 PM
We haven't beat them in Baltimore, that is true. However, we have already seen this year that this team's history doesn't necessarily impact the present. For instance, how did we do in November games in KC in the past? How many in a row had the Raiders won in Denver? How have we typically done in early East coast starts?

All past items that the current Denver Bronco team has put to bed. Besides, if we REALLY want to look at history, the Ravens are the former Browns, not the Baltimore Colts. I'm pretty sure John Elway has beaten the Browns in Cleveland once or twice...

OrangeHoof
12-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Supposedly, Manning is great against the Ravens. So, which "jinx" do you want to believe?

spikerman
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Fwiw, the Colts also got Chris Hinton, Denver's first round pick that year and a damn good lineman. I don't know what they're bitching about.......

They got Mark Herrmann too IIRC. I don't know what they would have to complain about.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm just not scared of Baltimore this year. At the start of the year, I had it as the game that we had the biggest chance of losing, but as of late, the Ravens just haven't been very impressive. Ray Rice is still ballin', but Flacco has regressed a little this year from where he left off last year and their defense is banged up.

New QB, new year, new team, and a much improved defense give us an excellent chance to pull an "upset" next week. Personally, I think the Ravens will struggle in Washington this week and are walking into a trap. If the 'Skins beat them, the Ravens who have had a big, comfy lead in their division and been second only to Houston in the standings, will start to panic a little. Especially if Pittsburgh and Cincy win Sunday (which I think they will) and pulls to within a game for the division.

Locnar
12-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Baltimore isn't the type of team to throw up a bunch of points the first half of a game. As long as we can contain Rice, which I think we can, we will be able to hold them to a close game at the half where we can make adjustments and do what we do in the second half. I'm not too worried about Flacco even though he can have his moments. He's a big target for Von to attack so hopefully Von gets a couple sacks on him..

MasterShake
12-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I respect Baltimore, but this game doesn't concern me nearly as much as it did earlier in the year. The Broncos will take care if business.

spikerman
12-08-2012, 07:45 PM
They got Mark Herrmann too IIRC. I don't know what they would have to complain about.

By the way, this was a joke.

Nomad
12-08-2012, 07:52 PM
By the way, this was a joke.

Mark Harmon.....early 70s UCLA QB and NCIS guy??

spikerman
12-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Mark Harmon.....early 70s UCLA QB and NCIS guy??

Hahahahaha... no, Purdue QB drafted by the Broncos whose career stats are very close to mine.

Nomad
12-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Hahahahaha... no, Purdue QB drafted by the Broncos whose career stats are very close to mine.

:lol: Never heard of the guy until now.

spikerman
12-08-2012, 08:00 PM
:lol: Never heard of the guy until now.

My job is to inform. :)

I hate using Wiki as a reference for anything, but..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Herrmann

I also just realized that I left an "n" off of his name.

broken12
12-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Its our time to.ruin them like they did us with the fluke plays with Shannon sharpie

Dzone
12-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Who gives a **** what happened in the past? This is a whole new team

Chef Zambini
12-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Fwiw, the Colts also got Chris Hinton, Denver's first round pick that year and a damn good lineman. I don't know what they're bitching about.......the twinkies!

Dean
12-09-2012, 05:54 PM
After watching Shanahan's Redskins get an overtime W, it is obvious that these are not the Ravens of the past few years.

MOtorboat
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
After watching Shanahan's Redskins get an overtime W, it is obvious that these are not the Ravens of the past few years.

They are hurting on defense. Their vertical passing game scares me, however. What doesn't scare me is their play calling.

BroncoBowlby 88
12-09-2012, 07:17 PM
The ravens are a good team and I have a hard time seeing them losing 3 games in a row, and that 3rd game being at home. It will be a huge game for both teams with a lot on the line for both so there won't be a lack of motivation on either side for the W. the ravens are also the best team we've played since the Pats so let's see how we do against a playoff caliber team.

ikillz0mbies
12-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Flacco is as inconsistent as they come. If the Broncos can somehow take Ray Rice out of the equation, then they win easily. The Ravens don't really have a threat on offense other than Rice and the Broncos have a real aggressive defense, whose front seven is going up against a mediocre Ravens offensive line. Not to mention that the Ravens are seriously banged up on defense. It's going to be a tough game, but I see the Broncos squeezing this one out.

nyuk nyuk
12-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Meh, who cares? We're gonna take 'em. :cool:

nyuk nyuk
12-10-2012, 12:28 AM
who drafted john elway?
and what happened to the baltimore colts the very next year?
john elway represents the mayflower to the people of baltimore.
its like kharma that they feel compelled to beat the JFE team, the denver broncos
because to EVERY football fan in balt, JFE is the broncos even when he wasnt playing or an integral part of the team.

Good, so they'll get even angrier when we beat them (with another ex-Colt).

BroncoNut
12-10-2012, 11:38 AM
I may have the opporutunity to attend this contest. I'll find out Wednesday at bowling. 2 raven fans said they might have a ticket.

I think this will be a fun game to watch whether it be at MNT or at my house. theyve got a great offensive line, but if von, wolfe, and Woodyard bring nasty, we can implement an effective pass rush, we should get some turnovers. I think we'll have to get a couple to win this game. FTR

Northman
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Can Cameron was just fired.

MOtorboat
12-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Re-watched the Ravens-Redskins game this evening, and here are my observations. This, of course comes with a caveat. Cam Cameron just got fired. I can see why, because it seemed like he got a little gun-shy in the second half after having success with the deep ball early in the game.

Obviously, one game probably isn't the reason Cameron got canned, but there were some signs I saw that probably were themes this entire year.

On their first drive, the Ravens came out in the eye formation with two receivers (Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin) and Dennis Pitta at TE for the first drive. They ran three straight zone-blocking, off-tackle runs with Ray Rice for 63 yards, had a one-yard loss with the backup and then went over the top to Boldin for the touchdown. DeAngelo Hall and Madieu Williams fell asleep in coverage.

I don't expect the Denver coverage to fall asleep like the Redskins' covermen did in this situation, mostly because the Broncos tend to play different technique. The Redskins allow their defensive backs to be a little more loose in coverage and try to bait quarterbacks into throws. Boldin ran an out and up and burned Hall badly.

In the passing game, the Ravens are literally "all or dump off." Out of the eye, the Ravens run deep outside routes, typically comebacks or go routes, while the running backs, tight ends just run dump-off style routes. They are extremely slow developing pass plays, but they have a very good offensive line which allows them to do it. Even in three-wide sets, the Ravens run deep route combinations, which take a lot of time to develop, while the back just sits down on a dump-off route.

On their second touchdown, Torrey Smith ran a slant and go on one side, while Tandon Doss ran a deep out on the other sideline. Anquan Boldin ran a seem route in the middle. All deep route combinations. Honestly, watching it makes me think Washington's defensive backs just choked. Probably worth noting that the Ravens victimized DeAngelo Hall who is noted for jumping short routes and struggles in deep coverage...

If Denver can get pressure on Flacco, and not let those routes to develop, Denver could stifle the Ravens offense pretty quickly.

On the Ravens' third touchdown against Washington, they went five-wide on a third and 10 from the Redskins 14. Pitta lined up inside, with two receivers outside of him. The receivers ran crossing routes, and Pitta ran a deep out. The crossing routes cleared the safeties and Pitta had one on one with the linebacker in the end zone.

Denver's linebackers have a big test against Pitta, much more so than against Myers in Oakland. Baltimore doesn't go wide like that often, but if they do, Pitta is too big to be covered by Carter or Porter and probably too fast for anyone except Woodyard or Williams. Hopefully, those guys are healthy. I think it's noteworthy that on that same drive, Kerrigan got pressure on Flacco and Flacco rushed his throw. Get pressure on Flacco, and he'll make mistakes, and the deep routes don't have time to develop.

The Redskins turned the tables in the second half because they were able to get pressure on Flacco.

To start the second half, the Ravens went back to what they did on their first drive. Inside zone runs. But after they went to that, and tried to go up top, the Redskins got to Flacco and got a huge turnover on a fumble.

On their next drive, I think Cam Cameron got gun shy. The run worked, but they went for eight straight runs, and then Flacco through an interception, mostly because Kerrigan hit Flacco when he released the ball.

After a screen and a run that went nowhere, Flacco got sacked to start the fourth quarter. Then, on their next drive, again the Ravens went three and out after two runs that went for nowhere and a dump-off pass.

The Ravens only touchdown of the second half came on kind of a gritty drive. They had a couple of dump offs that went for good yardage. Then, Flacco made a great play on a third and four that went for big yardage to Boldin. Rice scored on a seven-yard inside zone.

Again, the Ravens went three and out in overtime, which set up the game-winning field goal for the Redskins.

I don't know what to expect from their offense overall, but it shouldn't be a complete philosophy switch. We aren't going to see the Ravens running the West Coast offense next week. It will be interesting to see how they switch up their route combinations, and how they use the run.

Dzone
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
So much for past history having anything to do with NOW

Chef Zambini
12-17-2012, 12:03 PM
step one of the vengeance-vindication tour !