PDA

View Full Version : Opposing defenses learning it's worth risk to pressure Peyton Manning

Denver Native (Carol)
12-07-2012, 05:56 PM
From Oct. 15 to Nov. 11, the Broncos allowed Peyton Manning to be sacked one time.

Yes, just one time in four games, a run that included a trip to Cincinnati to face the Bengals, those same Bengals who are currently tied with the Broncos for the league's sack lead (39) even though Cincinnati has played one fewer game at the moment.

But that run is certainly over. And mixed in with all of the victories of late — eight in a row and counting — the Broncos have slipped back into their early-season pattern of letting Manning get hit more along the way.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22147039/opposing-defenses-learning-its-worth-risk-pressure-peyton

BroncoWave
12-07-2012, 05:59 PM
At least two of the 2 sacks last night were directly attributable to Ramirez IIRC. Once we get Kuper back I don't think blitzing us will be such a good idea.

topscribe
12-07-2012, 06:14 PM
At least two of the 2 sacks last night were directly attributable to Ramirez IIRC. Once we get Kuper back I don't think blitzing us will be such a good idea.
I think it's become obvious: Kuper's presence raises all the boats in the O-line . . .

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2012, 09:12 PM

Exactly. Look at the dates. Manning's sack numbers plummet when Kuper is healthy and rise when he's out. Everyone knows to rush and overload Ramirez's and Franklin's side when Ramirez is in because Franklin can only block one and Ramirez blows his assignment more than any other O-lineman on the team.

Tned
12-07-2012, 09:17 PM
RT @MaseDenver To update a stat from yesterday: Manning has been sacked once every 82.5 pass plays w/ Kuper at RG, once every 19.9 w/ Ramirez at RG.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

swaiy
12-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I know Ramirez is a backup but sheesh. I was ready to tear my hair out watching whoever it was blow right passed him to sack Manning or blow Moreno up in the backfield.

Tned
12-07-2012, 10:35 PM
I knew it was a major downgrade with Ramirez in there, but those sack stats by Mason are unbelievable. It's also not like we are talking a one or two game sample. I think it's something like 7 stats for Ramirez and 6 for Kuper, and interspersed throughout the season, as Kuper missed the start, then a couple games, and then this game.

bcbronc
12-08-2012, 03:32 AM
RT @MaseDenver To update a stat from yesterday: Manning has been sacked once every 82.5 pass plays w/ Kuper at RG, once every 19.9 w/ Ramirez at RG.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

Wow. Is there really not another option?

BroncoTech
12-09-2012, 01:35 AM
I can remember back in the era when Shanny was building the Broncos specifically to beat the Colts it was the consensus of this forum the only way to beat Manning was to blitz him early and often. If you could pressure him early in the game he would get a bit rattled. But that pretty much applies to most NFL QB's.