PDA

View Full Version : Who should we get - Jays injury

OB
11-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Merge if already started - sorry - did a quickie search

Who would you guys suggest we go after if Jay's injury is serious - news looks good - MRI - no stress fracture but its gotta be one hell of a bruise to think it was broken to begin with

So who is available and who should we try to get

Mtnman - give Jake a :call: and see if he will come out of retirement :D :hug:

topscribe
11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
OB, you dare to tempt a Mod?? :D

-----

OB
11-05-2007, 09:44 PM
OB, you dare to tempt a Mod?? :D

-----

Sorry top didnt mean to tempt ya with the quickie comment - ;) Rest assured its a very pleasurable drawn ... oh wait:focus:

topscribe
11-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Sorry top didnt mean to tempt ya with the quickie comment - ;) Rest assured its a very pleasurable drawn ... oh wait:focus:

Ooohhh, it's not me you're tempting . . . :ahhhhh:

-----

OB
11-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Ooohhh, it's not me you're tempting . . . :ahhhhh:

-----
If not you than who :)

And serioudly who do you think we should go after, should we need to?

topscribe
11-05-2007, 10:17 PM

And serioudly who do you think we should go after, should we need to?

We're not going to need to. Cutler just has a bruise, according to the MRI.

But I suppose I would bring back Preston Parsons since he already knows the offense.

And I was teasing about Mtnman and Jake. ;)

-----

omac
11-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I agree, Jake would be good ... as a backup ... for Patrick Ramsey. :cheers:

And on a more serious note, Mark Brunell is 3rd on the Redskins depth chart, and he was a starter last season. Ken Dorsey isn't a bad option either. Not too many 3rd QBs on other teams worth taking. There are a lot of good numer 2s, but teams usually don't part with their backup QB during the season.

Krugan
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Just bring up Hackney and keep it in team, if it were needed.

It would do no good, at all, to bring in an outside player at this point in the season. You think this team looks lost now, try bringing in a backup to the backup who has had no time with the team, ever.

Hackney runs with the PSquad and at least knows the formations.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 10:48 PM

And seriously who do you think we should go after, should we need to?

420 what Shanahan would do is activate Hackney from the practice squad to be the back up quarterback. I'm sure he would sign someone for the practice squad but don't think it would be Parson because I think he is out of eligibility.

omac
11-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Just bring up Hackney and keep it in team, if it were needed.

It would do no good, at all, to bring in an outside player at this point in the season. You think this team looks lost now, try bringing in a backup to the backup who has had no time with the team, ever.

Hackney runs with the PSquad and at least knows the formations.

Yeah, it wouldn't work, unless his name was ... Vinny Testaverde. :rockon:

OB
11-05-2007, 11:28 PM
I posted the same questiopn on the other board and the tards all thought I said shanny was DITCHING jay and looking for a new QB - one person suggested my banning - and BM is proud to have these kinds of posters - thats just dumb - every response was so lame

i mean i truly was wondering cause shanny has said that if Jay cant go - they may shop around

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I posted the same questiopn on the other board and the tards all thought I said shanny was DITCHING jay and looking for a new QB - one person suggested my banning - and BM is proud to have these kinds of posters - thats just dumb - every response was so lame

i mean i truly was wondering cause shanny has said that if Jay cant go - they may shop around

What he would do is shop for another practice squad quarterback to replace Hackney.