PDA

View Full Version : Kuper downgraded from probable to doubtful and is likely out for the game

Tned
12-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Subject says it all.

Nomad
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Why was he hurt to begin with? Or a better question.....what's his injury?

Tned
12-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Why was he hurt to begin with? Or a better question.....what's his injury?

Original injury he's been battling was an ankle injury (sprain), which had him out for about a month, after he returned from his broken arm. I'm guessing he aggravated that on Sunday or in practice or getting off the plane. He was listed as a full participant in practices this week, prior to this downgrade.

Timmy!
12-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Probably just playing it safe, smart in my opinion. Let kuper heal up for the ravens.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
will he dress for the game?
dont use him if we dont need him.
but have him on hand! did he get the kosher meal on the flight/
tell me he didnt have the fish !

Tned
12-06-2012, 02:09 PM
will he dress for the game?
dont use him if we dont need him.
but have him on hand! did he get the kosher meal on the flight/
tell me he didn't have the fish !

Please keep anti-Semitic comments out of the main forum. Please bait elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 02:19 PM
anti-semetic, please, its a joke!
first, I do not think kuper is jewish, regardlkess of his last name.
second, somebody made a joke about him getting hurt exiting the plane, so i expanded on that with
AIRPLANE, THE MOVIE' referances
and third I happen to be a HEB, so spare me the anti-semetic acusations !

pnbronco
12-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Subject says it all.

Well dang. Manny back has been hurt too. So do we have someone to back up the back up?

Tned
12-06-2012, 02:30 PM
anti-semetic, please, its a joke!
first, I do not think kuper is jewish, regardlkess of his last name.
second, somebody made a joke about him getting hurt exiting the plane, so i expanded on that with
AIRPLANE, THE MOVIE' referances
and third I happen to be a HEB, so spare me the anti-semetic acusations !

Sorry, didn't realize this was a joke thread. Based on your outlandish statements in other threads, I assumed you were making a religious/bigoted comment.

As to the hurt on the plane, I said that, and it wasn't a joke. It was making the point that he was listed as a full participant (some of us actually look at facts when posting stuff, rather than wild ass speculation), so therefore explaining he either aggravated it in the game or practice, or some kind of freak accident happened.

Tned
12-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Well dang. Manny back has been hurt too. So do we have someone to back up the back up?

He's listed on the injury report now with a hammy I think. I was wondering who's next in line. I need to check the depth chart.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Sorry, didn't realize this was a joke thread. Based on your outlandish statements in other threads, I assumed you were making a religious/bigoted comment.

As to the hurt on the plane, I said that, and it wasn't a joke. It was making the point that he was listed as a full participant (some of us actually look at facts when posting stuff, rather than wild ass speculation), so therefore explaining he either aggravated it in the game or practice, or some kind of freak accident happened.well of course because I haVE ALWAYS PROJECTD A RELIGOUS/ RACIST PERSONNA IN ALL MY PREVIOUS POSTS. OF COURSE THAT WOULKD BE YOUR FIRST AND MOST NATURAL ASSUMPTION.
just like when I was the the one accused of spreading an aids rumor about porer. well of course zam is the culprit.
even if I wasnt a jew, we would have so much in common.
happy hannukah bytches !

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 02:44 PM
He's listed on the injury report now with a hammy I think. I was wondering who's next in line. I need to check the depth chart.I didnt know jews had a "hammy"
that aint kosher !

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 02:52 PM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d056b3dd60/black-and-jewish-black-and-yellow-parody
lighten up people!

stay healthy kuper,

try some chicken soup !

CoachChaz
12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Between Kuper's injuries and Beadles and Ramirez's inconsistencies...I'm starting to wonder if we shouldnt be looking at a guy like Barrett Jones come April

Tned
12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Between Kuper's injuries and Beadles and Ramirez's inconsistencies...I'm starting to wonder if we shouldnt be looking at a guy like Barrett Jones come April

I'm not familiar with him, but a buddy and I have been talking the last few weeks about the Broncos roster and what holes they might need to fill in April (or depth to add) and we have also talking about the Oline probably being a key upgrade/addition spot. Whether it's depth, or upgrading LG (or RG if Kuper's injury bug continues) or even possibly center. Either way, we are too thin on the line, and even beyond that, could probably use an upgrade in talent with some of them.

Krugan
12-06-2012, 06:09 PM
ughhh, we need healthy oline!

And wtf is with all the crazy ramblings, I work with the public and its like someone broke a huge freak pinata and is oozed crazy everywhere:/

now to log into a kup thread only to have some nonsense spewed in crazy talk about a totally nonrelated subject.

topscribe
12-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Well, Beadles has been doing pretty well lately, and Kuper's not fragile - he's
just had some bad luck with a couple injuries. But the Broncos do badly need
depth, especially when Ramirez is the first option in the "next man up." That in
itself doesn't speak well of depth on the O-line, so I have to agree there . . .

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 06:45 PM
do you think we could draft somebody in time for tonights game?

Tned
12-06-2012, 07:02 PM
do you think we could draft somebody in time for tonights game?

Just to be clear, is this a joke or outlandish real question? I'm struggling to tell the difference between your jokes and your "well thought out" posts.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Does anyone else think Kuper could play C down the road? Iirc he played some in college.......

topscribe
12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Does anyone else think Kuper could play C down the road? Iirc he played some in college.......
The Broncos just need for him to stay healthy at guard. It becomes quite
obvious that there is a considerable difference in the performance of the entire
O-line when he is in there, as opposed to when he isn't. Except for Clady, of
course . . .

Simple Jaded
12-07-2012, 02:29 PM
obvious that there is a considerable difference in the performance of the entire
course . . .

I don't think he's breaking down at this point but you have to admit this could be the start.

My point is with the depth at the interior of the OL, Walton, Beadles and Ramirez are marginal/servicable starters and ideal backups, imo. Koppen won't play much longer, at least not as a starter, so my question was basically in response to the idea of drafting Barrett Jones: I still think there are defensive issues that need to be addressed in round one and Jones will be long gone by late round 2.

Could G be addressed in round 2 with the future of C already on the team? Personally I'd rather put my money on Kuper (or even Beadles) instead of Walton. I still love the idea of drafting/signing a RT and moving Franklin to G.......

Dean
12-08-2012, 08:21 AM
course . . .

Kupesdad posted that it was just some scar tissue breaking loose and some swelling in the high ankle area. With 14 days of relative rest and treatment I would think he will be able to go.

LTC Pain
12-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Get well soon Kupes!!!

Chef Zambini
12-08-2012, 10:50 AM
we need everyone healthy and all hands on deck when we face the ravens !
what are we, 0-7 in recent games?
have we ever beat the ravins?

Chef Zambini
12-08-2012, 10:55 AM
we need everyone healthy and all hands on deck when we face the ravens !
what are we, 0-7 in recent games?
have we ever beat the ravins?
we have NEVER beaten the ravens in baltimore.
nevermore.

Chef Zambini
12-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Does anyone else think Kuper could play C down the road? Iirc he played some in college.......isnt kuper the back-up long snapper?

MOtorboat
12-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Ugh. No. Kuper plays RG. He's very good at RG. Leave him at effing RG.

Cugel
12-08-2012, 12:50 PM

The Broncos get J.D. Walton back next year and they are high on him.

Frankly, I think that Koppen is an upgrade, but he's getting older by the minute and maybe won't be back next year.

If he does, he'll be a backup.

Kuper may be able to play the Ravens game. We'd better hope so because Ramirez sucked against the Raiders and they have ZERO pass rush!

Literally, Miller had more sacks going into the game than the entire Raiders team -- yet he had only the one sack of Palmer and they had THREE sacks of Manning.

Chef Zambini
12-08-2012, 01:13 PM
cugel, long time no post, welcome back.

Cugel
12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Well, Beadles has been doing pretty well lately, and Kuper's not fragile - he's
just had some bad luck with a couple injuries. But the Broncos do badly need
depth, especially when Ramirez is the first option in the "next man up." That in
itself doesn't speak well of depth on the O-line, so I have to agree there . . .

Well, they lost J.D. Walton and Phillip Blake for the year early and both will be back next season.

So, they should probably be set at C at least.

As for G, and T they might well look at adding a guy in the 1st or 2nd round if one fell they liked.

Denver should be drafting no better than 25. So, looking at end of the first round prospects, we see that G Kevin Zeitler went to the Bengals at #26 and T's Cordy Glenn and Jonathan Martin were highly regarded OL taken in the 2nd round. That shows the kind of players you can get in the late 1st to 2nd rounds -- pretty deep. That's the place you look for starting OL, (except franchise LTs).

So, G or RT could be a logical pick if the Broncos are looking for an upgrade to either Beadles or Kuper, but other positions are probably higher priority.

Starting with finding another stud DT.

They also need to look for a monster pass-catching TE, an every down RB, another big-play WR, and possible S help.

They seem to be pretty deep at LB if they keep DJ Williams to go with Miller, Woodyard, Trevathan and Brooking (assuming he comes back). They might cut MLB Bust Nate Irving (not even on the active roster 1/2 the time). I'm not a fan of Joe Mays, but he could be back next year too (if they keep him).

All in all, when you look at the roster they don't have a lot of desperate needs. They are the most solid at all positions since 1998. Not really any weak positions, just areas where they could use more impact players (TE or WR for instance aren't needs, but could be upgraded).

They can always use more top flight CBs although they seem set and next year they get former starting S Quinton Carter back as well.

DE could be an upgrade although they are getting BOTH starter LDE Jason Hunter and his backup Jeremy Beal returned from season ending injuries. Ty Warren will be released so that frees up a DT spot either for a FA or draft pick if someone falls they like.

Simple Jaded
12-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Agree to disagree on Walton, from what I understand Peyton Manning thinks he's a dingbat. Koppen is so much better it's not even debatable. My thinking is down the line when Koppen is no longer a candidate to start, I know Kuper is the RG but the C position is becoming more and more important. Barrett Jones would be an ideal 1st round possibility, somebody who could play G and move to C down the line, gaining starter experience and familiarity with running Manning's no-huddle line calls, but he won't be there in the 2nd round (may not even be there in the 1st).

Dismiss it as folly, I never said move Kuper to C next week, and this isn't like moving the leagues top5 CB to S.......

bcbronc
12-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Jaded is right about one thing, this isn't like moving a top 5 CB to S when he's no longer a top 5 CB. You want to move a top 5 OG in his prime to a new position. And this despite us drafting 2 centers in the past 3 years or so.

And peeps need to come to grips with the fact Beadles isn't going anywhere. He's not a "back up" quality Guard, he's a pretty damn good starter.

Simple Jaded
12-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Kuper is Top5 but Bailey is not? Each team has 2 G's which makes Kuper All-Pro.......not just ProBowl (which has yet to happen), but All-Pro. Really?

As far as Beadles is concerned, the Broncos tried to replace him in April but the Steelers beat them to the punch. It's either Beadles or Kuper, who is supposedly All-Pro, they tried to replace.......or the Broncos planned on moving one of their G's to C and replacing him with DeCastro.......

bcbronc
12-08-2012, 04:54 PM
I'd say Kuper is a top 5 right guard in this league. Hard to judge OL around the legue though, so fair enough.

As for replacing anyone with DeCastro, as far as I know that's just internet speculation. Do you have a link quoting Fox or Elway that they were going to take him? Either way, if you have a chance to upgrade any position, you do it. Even "good" starters can be upgraded.

Simple Jaded
12-09-2012, 04:51 AM
I'd say Kuper is a top 5 right guard in this league. Hard to judge OL around the legue though, so fair enough.

As for replacing anyone with DeCastro, as far as I know that's just internet speculation. Do you have a link quoting Fox or Elway that they were going to take him? Either way, if you have a chance to upgrade any position, you do it. Even "good" starters can be upgraded.

Can't find anything from the horses mouth. Beat writers have talked about DeCastro being the Broncos target, so it's also sports talk radio speculation, take it for what it's worth.

Edit, I think the world of Chris Kuper, btw, so I don't consider the notion of moving him as an indictment of his play at G.......