PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Wesley Woodyard out vs. Raiders; D.J. Williams likely starter

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard did not practice Wednesday and will not play in Thursday's game at Oakland, Denver coach John Fox said.

The team said Woodyard did not make the trip to Oakland.

Woodyard, who leads the Broncos with 62 tackles and is third on the team with four sacks, suffered a sprained ankle in the second quarter of Sunday's 31-23 victory against Tampa Bay, and he did not return.

Veteran D.J. Williams or rookie Danny Trevathan is expected to replace Woodyard. Williams, a starter since his rookie season in 2004, missed the first nine games of the season because of two suspensions.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22130131/broncos-wesley-woodyard-not-practicing-unlikely-play-at

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I hope DJ can distinguish himself on the field. the raiders have a great TE, who will draw that assignment?

DenBronx
12-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Broncos drop 45 points on the raiders this game, easy!

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 01:44 AM
there has been alot of bravado talk about how we are going to put massive points up against our opponnents. single digit wins against those same foes.
a defensive TD the difference essentially from us and our most recent opponent.
I hope our players and coaches dont harbor a similar short week easy opponent mentality.

MOtorboat
12-06-2012, 08:23 AM
I hope DJ can distinguish himself on the field. the raiders have a great TE, who will draw that assignment?

What? Do you even know who their tight ends are?

Tned
12-06-2012, 08:53 AM
My money is on DJ starting over Trevathan, because of the comms equipment. Prior to this year, DJ was the guy getting the defensive plays from the sideline and passing them on. They need one guy to stay in there all game long. My money is on DJ for that role over Trevathan at this point.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:54 PM
What? Do you even know who their tight ends are?burt and ernie?