PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Free agents

speardog
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Where to spend the money?

There are only two positions in FA where there is quality depth. How many of these players that will actually be FAs is unknown.

I think Denver should sign a F.A. G and a F.A. LBer. These positions are deep and will let Denver draft a DT and S.

2008 FA OL
Ruben Brown, UFA, Chicago Bears
An aging veteran, Brown has a lot of experience opening holes for backs and allowing time for passers. He’s a solid guard who holds down his position quite well. If he decides to stick around, he may have a couple of good seasons left. Teams won’t line up to sign him, but there should be a handful that show interest.

Alan Faneca, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Faneca seems to be the most likely of this group to leave his current team. Rumors suggest that he plans on leaving after the season and has not discussed an extension with the Steelers. Faneca is a quality guard who has started in five Pro Bowls and been selected as a first team All-Pro five times as well. He also still has some prime seasons of his career remaining. Faneca will receive the most interest at his position, could be the most coveted offensive linemen after the season, and should also be one of the most coveted players available in all of the NFL.

Ryan Lilja, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
A quality guard, Lilja is relatively young and has a Super Bowl ring to call his own. The Colts will do well to sign him to an extension, but there’s a chance that Lilja tests the market. In reality, the system that Lilja plays within is a nice fit, and he could easily stay because of it.

Max Starks, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Starks is young and massive, and another Pittsburgh player that may leave the Steel City. He’s 25 and is listed at 6’7” while weighing 337 pounds. His size and age will make him a desired player on many team’s list. A top tier tackle will always garner interest and Starks may lead the free agent class at the spot because of the high level of play he has shown on the field.

Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
A big, experienced guard, Womack could get a decent offer from any team missing out on a top tier target like Faneca. If Womack isn’t the outright starter in Seattle this season, look for him to find work elsewhere with an expanded role guaranteed.

Jake Scott, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Scott is the starting right guard for one of the top offensive line units in the entire NFL, and his ability to help protect Peyton Manning should equate to a nice contract number. Indianapolis has found a way to retain most of their line talent in recent seasons, and it should come as no surprise if Scott is locked into a long-term deal in the near future.

Other Free Agent Offensive Linemen
OG P.J. Alexander UFA Atlanta Falcons
OG Rick DeMulling UFA Indianapolis Colts
OT Nat Dorsey UFA Cleveland Browns
OT Trai Essex RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
OG Chris Kemoeatu RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
OT Cory Lekkerkerker RFA San Diego Chargers
OT Sean Locklear UFA Seattle Seahawks
OG Brian Rimpf RFA Baltimore Ravens
OT Todd Steussie UFA St. Louis Rams
OG Keydrick Vincent UFA Baltimore Ravens
OG Fred Weary UFA Houston Texans
OT Travelle Wharton UFA Carolina Panthers

2008 FA LBer

Lance Briggs, UFA, Chicago Bears
Since 2004, Briggs has been a standout linebacker for the Bears. He’s overshadowed by Brian Urlacher much of the time, but Briggs gets the job done as is evidenced by the fact that he’s totaled more than 100 tackles in each of the past three seasons and that he’s added four sacks and five interceptions over that time. Teams are going to line up to try and entice Briggs to come play for them, and whichever team lands him will be adding one of the top weak-side defenders in the league. The chances of Briggs leaving seem good.

Tedy Bruschi, UFA, New England Patriots
The safe bet is that Bruschi will retire once his contract ends after the season, but if he can be convinced to play another season or two, he’ll be able to attract decent attention as a leader with valuable playoff experience and championships under his belt. In fifteen games during the ’06 season, Bruschi logged 112 total tackles and an interception, all after coming back from a stroke. Bruschi has proven that he’s not only talented and has a natural ability for the game, but also that he’s one tough customer with a work heart that can’t be measured. He is a unique breed of a player.

Karlos Dansby, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Dansby may very well end up being the cream of the crop in terms of linebackers during the next free agency period. He has excellent size and is coming into his own as a top level defensive player. He will turn 26 later this season and has consecutive seasons of 80 or more tackles. He also collected three interceptions in ’05 and an impressive eight sacks in ’06. Being young, strong, and talented should land him a large contract, and the Cardinals could be the team locking him up very soon.

Demorrio Williams, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Williams is slightly undersized, but he has a knack for finding the ball and making the play. His 217 combined total tackles over the past two seasons is a solid number, and he’s been helpful against the passing attack at times. He is also appealing because he’s still maturing at the position and is just 27 years old. Atlanta will try to retain his services, but Williams might command more money on the open market.

Boss Bailey, UFA, Detroit Lions
Bailey has strong coverage skills and works hard to make plays. Bailey is physically gifted, but he has battled injury the past two seasons and hasn’t had a chance to show consistent play. Due to lost games, he’s also been unable to work on developing a knack for tracking down the ball. Bailey needs to be more physical, but also find a way to stay healthy. He’ll turn 28 early in the season, and will need to be on the field to garner attention on the free agent market.

Other Free Agent Linebackers
Jordan Beck RFA Atlanta Falcons
Kevin Bentley UFA Seattle Seahawks
Darryl Blackstock RFA Arizona Cardinals
Brandon Chillar UFA St. Louis Rams
Danny Clark UFA Houston Texans
Na'il Diggs UFA Carolina Panthers
Landon Johnson UFA Cincinnati Bengals
Teddy Lehman UFA Detroit Lions
Lemar Marshall UFA Washington Redskins
Kawika Mitchell UFA New York Giants
Mark Simoneau UFA New Orleans Saints
Sam Williams UFA Oakland Raiders

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 10:02 PM
lets see Boss Bailey and Champ on the same team Hmmmmm..

DenBronx
11-05-2007, 10:58 PM
lets see Boss Bailey and Champ on the same team Hmmmmm..

no thanks, id rather see lance briggs or dansby on the same team as champ.

briggs is a tackling machine.

both briggs and dansby are not going to come cheap but after the seasons over im pretty sure a few guys are going to get cut or not resigned. we should have more than enough cap room.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Of the top free agents that will be available the one that I would be most interested in getting is Alan Faneca.

BaiLeY324
11-05-2007, 10:59 PM
As we saw this past offseason. Good free agent pickups don't create a good team.

You can't build a team through free agency, the draft is where it's at.

DenBronx
11-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Where to spend the money?

I think Denver should sign a F.A. G

These positions are deep

what position is that??? i dont think were interested at this time.

DenBronx
11-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Of the top free agents that will be available the one that I would be most interested in getting is Alan Faneca.

i like that idea of getting him too. i just wonder at his age if he will be durable enough. he would help buy cutler the time he needs. it all starts upfront anyway....i just dont want to see cutler getting thrown around like a rag doll.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 11:02 PM

My guess is free agent guard.

The best available lineman in free agency will be Faneca but I doubt we can draw him here.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 11:07 PM
i like that idea of getting him too. i just wonder at his age if he will be durable enough. he would help buy cutler the time he needs. it all starts upfront anyway....i just don't want to see cutler getting thrown around like a rag doll.

Hey the Broncos brought in the man of a 1000 surgeries (Mark Schlereth) when he was about the same age. Faneca as far as I know has been very healthy throughout his career.

DenBronx
11-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey the Broncos brought in the man of a 1000 surgeries (Mark Schlereth) when he was about the same age. Faneca as far as I know has been very healthy throughout his career.

i miss mark as a bronco.

whats the story on ryan harris? is he hurt?

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 11:16 PM
i miss mark as a bronco.

whats the story on ryan harris? is he hurt?

He's on the active roster, but rookie offensive lineman don't play there first year here because the complexity of the scheme.

dogfish
11-05-2007, 11:33 PM
when you factor in age, positional need and likely price, dansby would definitely be my first choice from that group. . .

where's the DTs? i'm pretty sure haynseworth and starks are two of the better options. . .

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 11:40 PM
when you factor in age, positional need and likely price, dansby would definitely be my first choice from that group. . .

where's the DTs? i'm pretty sure haynseworth and starks are two of the better options. . .

Isn't Starks considered a bust?

Skinny
11-06-2007, 12:04 AM
As we saw this past offseason. Good free agent pickups don't create a good team.

You can't build a team through free agency, the draft is where it's at.Mikey loaded this team up with FA's in 95' and on. On both sides of the ball. It was the foundation of what went on to win the back-to-back SB's.

Bill Romonowski
Mark Schlereth
Ed McCaffrey
Neil Smith
Glenn Cadrez
Howard Griffith
Mike Lodish
Alfred Williams
Darrien Gordon

The list goes on ...

No, it does'nt always work but it can ... and FA has it's advantages. Building through the draft is easier said than done ... and easier doing it in the top 10 year in and year out but what's the fun in that.

TXBRONC
11-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Mikey loaded this team up with FA's in 95' and on. On both sides of the ball. It was the foundation of what went on to win the back-to-back SB's.

Bill Romonowski
Mark Schlereth
Ed McCaffrey
Neil Smith
Glenn Cadrez
Howard Griffith
Mike Lodish
Alfred Williams
Darrien Gordon

The list goes on ...

No, it does'nt always work but it can ... and FA has it's advantages. Building through the draft is easier said than done ... and easier doing it in the top 10 year in and year out but what's the fun in that.

Keith Traylor (althougth he was drafted by Denver several years earlier)

Tony Jones

Harry Swayne

Brian Habib

Gary Zimmerman

Vaughn Hebron

Derek Loville

Requiem / The Dagda
11-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Faneca sucks this year.

Lonestar
11-06-2007, 01:48 AM
no thanks, id rather see lance briggs or dansby on the same team as champ.

briggs is a tackling machine.

both briggs and dansby are not going to come cheap but after the seasons over im pretty sure a few guys are going to get cut or not resigned. we should have more than enough cap room.

I was making a play on words brothers on the same team Hmmmmm....

I could care less as long as gold is gone. If we get some beef up front almost anyone can play LB.

Key word here is almost,..

speardog
11-06-2007, 02:38 AM

I'm torn. Briggs and Fanaca would both be awesome pickups. I guess I hang towards Briggs because he would allow Williams to move out from MLB and he would also solidify the middle of the defense. I do love Fanaca too but I think with Briggs and then drafting DT Okam from TX will fix the middle of the defense in an instant.

TXBRONC
11-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm torn. Briggs and Fanaca would both be awesome pickups. I guess I hang towards Briggs because he would allow Williams to move out from MLB and he would also solidify the middle of the defense. I do love Fanaca too but I think with Briggs and then drafting DT Okam from TX will fix the middle of the defense in an instant.

I've watched some of Okam it seems that at times he dominates the line of scrimage, but others he doesn't.

silkamilkamonico
11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Let's go after Lance Briggs and Michael Turner, or another vet RB that will fit well into Denver's system.

Then Denver can officially be known as the Washington Redskins of the AFC.

WAB
11-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think we should be going after anything more than one or two solid contributor/starter-types.

Demorrio Williams would be a good cost-savers signing, because he wouldn't demand much and he'll give you some solid play at weakside LB. His signing would coincide with the release of Ian Gold, obviously.

Boss Bailey is phsyically talented, yes, but that hasn't amounted to much in his career. He's constantly injured, and when he's on the field he hasn't been all that good anyways.

Retired_Member_001
11-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Alan Faneca, Jake Scott, Jordan Gross, Albert Haynesworth, Karlos Dansby and Lance Briggs. It's a big wishlist but it NEEDS to be done.

Although I seriously doubt that Albert Haynesworth will leave the Titans.

Retired_Member_001
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Faneca sucks this year.

Probably because he is so unhappy there.

DenBronx
11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Faneca sucks this year.

which is going to devalue his contract. i hope he sucks the rest of the year some he comes at a lower price.

2 key pickups in FA is OL and LB. I think we should continue to draft on the DL because we can keep in youthfull and energetic upfront. Now, Hanesworth wouldnt be a bad pick up either but he is getting up there in age.

Faneca and Dansby would be my choices in FA. We should be able to sign both. Then look to the draft for our other needs.

Or, sign Faneca, Dansby and Hanesworth then trade our whole 2008 draft away to gaurantee Mcfadden. Those 4 key players and a healthy 2008 Broncos would be sweet.

Of course we'd have to cut Gold, Henry, 1 or 2 DTs, and Rod Smith.

Retired_Member_001
11-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Alan Faneca, Jake Scott, Jordan Gross, Albert Haynesworth, Karlos Dansby and Lance Briggs. It's a big wishlist but it NEEDS to be done.

Although I seriously doubt that Albert Haynesworth will leave the Titans.

Just to add, I don't actually expect all these players to be signed by us, but these are the players we should look at.

Faneca and Dansby should be at the top of the list.

underrated29
11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
I have a feeling we sign 1 or none of these wishlist players. Hope i am wrong, but something inside just says probably not.

I would hope we get one of the top lbs in FA if we do. If not id say fanaca, good oline is harder for us to get then good dline (as far as FA goes i mean.)

TXBRONC
11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
which is going to devalue his contract. i hope he sucks the rest of the year some he comes at a lower price.

2 key pickups in FA is OL and LB. I think we should continue to draft on the DL because we can keep in youthfull and energetic upfront. Now, Hanesworth wouldnt be a bad pick up either but he is getting up there in age.

Faneca and Dansby would be my choices in FA. We should be able to sign both. Then look to the draft for our other needs.

Or, sign Faneca, Dansby and Hanesworth then trade our whole 2008 draft away to gaurantee Mcfadden. Those 4 key players and a healthy 2008 Broncos would be sweet.

I don't know Bronx do you really think that one off year will hurt his asking price? I'm not so sure it will unless he's coming off a serious injury.

DenBronx
11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I have a feeling we sign 1 or none of these wishlist players. Hope i am wrong, but something inside just says probably not.

I would hope we get one of the top lbs in FA if we do. If not id say fanaca, good oline is harder for us to get then good dline (as far as FA goes i mean.)

good oline help is always harder and more expensive to find. we need to throw out the pj alexanders, kupers and fosters and get the faneca type players.

dts usually dont command as much and are easier to find. if we get quality lbs then that always helps an average dt look pretty good. one more quality dt should really help out.

I don't know Bronx do you really think that one off year will hurt his asking price? I'm not so sure it will unless he's coming off a serious injury.

well all i know is its not going to help his contract go up. but he's still going to get a big contract and im sure there are going to be at least 5 other teams interested in him this offseason.

DenBronx
11-06-2007, 06:47 PM
id expect alan faneca to get a steve hutchinson (vikings) contract or more.

look what petersons doing with a hutchinson blocking.

champbronc2
11-06-2007, 07:56 PM

My guess is homosexual.....:laugh:

lol FAG

speardog
11-06-2007, 08:02 PM

why would you cut Rod Smith?

DenBronx
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
why would you cut Rod Smith?

why wouldnt we? basically he needs to retire. this year was a "thank you" year for smith. he got paid lots of money just to ride the bench till wekk 9 then get put on ir. i doubt he will ever be the same. this is one position we cant afford to play around at. i love smith but its time for him to move on.

UnderArmour
11-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Unfortunately, you don't get to sign big name free agents if you collapse at the end of the year. Nobody wants to play for a 5-11 or 6-10 team. Nobody wants to play for you, and can you honestly blame them? I'd just forget about this thread because the answer is probably no from most of these guys. All the more reason why the focus should be on this year and not next year.

Lonestar
11-06-2007, 11:31 PM
good oline help is always harder and more expensive to find. we need to throw out the pj alexanders, kupers and fosters and get the faneca type players.

dts usually dont command as much and are easier to find. if we get quality lbs then that always helps an average dt look pretty good. one more quality dt should really help out.

well all i know is its not going to help his contract go up. but he's still going to get a big contract and im sure there are going to be at least 5 other teams interested in him this offseason.

This statement is false good to great DT are very hard to come by..mini moron like most of ours do not perform and therefore are cheap..

DenBronx
11-07-2007, 02:21 AM
This statement is false good to great DT are very hard to come by..mini moron like most of ours do not perform and therefore are cheap..

compare hutchinsons contract to those you speak of.

faneca will shatter that.

Lonestar
11-07-2007, 09:18 AM
compare hutchinsons contract to those you speak of.

faneca will shatter that.

Is he on a rookie contract yet?

I do not know him so I will have to research it, I do not have the time to look it up NOW. there are occasionl finds in the NFL but Mikey has yet to find one..

But for the most part great DT's are at preimium WHen I get home I give you the facts of life on DT's..

Hutchison
Player Info
Draft Info

OL (#76)
Year: 2001

Minnesota Vikings
Round: 1

Key Largo, FL
Position: 17

Salary History

2006 585000.00
2007 2035000.00
2008 4450000.00
2009 5450000.00
2010 6550000.00
2011 6680000.00
2012 6950000.00

The following ar top ten team agaisnt the rush with salaries for there DT as list on the NFLPA site.
The number of solo Tackles appear in red after their name if there is not a number they are not listed on the other web site.

Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TDs FDs 20+
Ten 8 153 19.1 528 3.5 66.0 3 30 2
Min 8 199 24.9 563 2.8 70.4 3 33 2
Bal 8 212 26.5 593 2.8 74.1 2 27 3
Pit 8 157 19.6 608 3.9 76.0 2 30 3
Dal 8 186 23.2 675 3.6 84.4 4 40 2
Phil 8 204 25.5 743 3.6 92.9 4 40 2
GBay 8 202 25.2 750 3.7 93.8 3 37 3
Wash 8 200 25.0 760 3.8 95.0 6 47 1
NO 8 212 26.5 775 3.7 96.9 4 40 2
Nyg ) 8 193 24.1 808 4.2 101.0

Player Name Position Team Compensation
Brown, Tony DT TT 2,093,125.00 13
Haynesworth, Albert DT TT 5,553,334.00 20
Johnson, Antonio DT TT 285,000.00
Starks, Randy DT TT 850,000.00 8
Vickerson, Kevin DT TT 79,900.00
Winkler, Ulrich DT TT 79,900.00

Bolston, Conrad DT MV 79,900.00
Evans, Fred DT MV 360,000.00
Williams, Kevin DT MV 3,000,000.00 14
Williams, Pat DT MV 2,650,000.00 18

Bannan, Justin DT BR 1,000,000.00 11
Edwards, Dwan DT BR 510,000.00
Fitch, Zarnell DT BR 79,900.00
Gregg, Kelly DT BR 800,000.00 14
Ngata, Haloti DT BR 360,000.00 16
Parker, J'Vonne DT BR 79,900.00

Hampton, Casey DT PS 1,760,000.00 0
Hoke, Chris DT PS 600,000.00 1
Paxson, Scott DT PS 79,900.00

Ayodele, Remi DT Dal 285,000.00 4
Ferguson, Jason DT DAL 2,000,000.00 0
Johnson, Terry DT DAL 510,000.00

Bunkley, Brodrick DT PE 360,000.00 16
Clark, Jeremy DT PE 79,900.00
Patterson, Mike DT PE 543,750.00 24
Ramsey, LaJuan DT PE 360,000.00 0
Reagor, Montae DT PE 720,000.00 1
Scott, Ian DT PE 650,000.00

Cole, Colin DT GBP 595,000.00 3
Harrell, Justin DT GBP 285,000.00 0
Jolly, Johnny DT GBP 360,000.00 7
Muir, Daniel DT GBP 285,000.00
Pickett, Ryan DT GBP 1,475,000.00 17
Thompson, Orrin DT GBP 79,900.00
Williams, Corey DT GBP 850,000.00 12

Alexander, Lorenzo DT WR 285,000.00 2
Boschetti, Ryan DT WR 510,000.00 0
Golston, Kedric DT WR 360,000.00 2
Griffin, Cornelius DT WR 420,0000.00 13
Montgomery, Anthony DT WR 360,000.00 8

Boykin, McKinley DT NOS 79,900.00
Clancy, Kendrick DT NOS 125,0000.00
Lake, Antwan DT NOS 750,000.00 4
Thomas, Hollis DT NOS 200,0000.00 18
Young, Brian DT NOS 2,450,000.00 12

Alford, Jay DT NYG 285,000.00 0
Bake, Dek DT NYG 285,000.00
Cofield, Barry DT NYG 360,000.00 8
Davis, Russell DT NYG 720,000.00 3
Joseph, William DT NYG 705,000.00
Kuehl, Ryan DT NYG 720,000.00
Robbins, Fred DT NYG 2,500,000.00 16
Wright, Manuel DT NYG 360,000.00 3

THESE ARE THE TOP TEN TEAMS AND WHAT THEY SPEND ON DT

For stats:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/stats/playersort/NFL/DL-TACKLES/2007/regular?&_3:col_1=2&_3:col_2=16&print_rows=9999

for salary:
http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx

But looking at teh above numbers the good ones are geting big money.. Where have I hear that one before, the guy we cut..

Retired_Member_001
11-07-2007, 11:08 AM
id expect alan faneca to get a steve hutchinson (vikings) contract or more.

look what petersons doing with a hutchinson blocking.

Good point about Peterson and Hutchinson, BUT..........look at the other players on that Vikings offensive line in particular,Bryant McKinnie and Matt Birk. In my opinion, these are two top end lineman. Having one amazing blocker and having 4 other terrible ones doesn't do. To have a good offensive line we need several good blockers, that's why it would be good to bring in 2 good offensive lineman, or atleast sign one through FA and Draft another one.

Skinny
11-07-2007, 12:39 PM
To have a good offensive line we need several good blockers, that's why it would be good to bring in 2 good offensive lineman, or atleast sign one through FA and Draft another one.I agree with ya Wookiee. On the Drafted O-lineman ... i would prefer that selection in the earlier rounds or 1st day. That's just me ...

The Vikings can afford to pick lineman in the early or later rounds and develope them quick and often ... they have two O-line coaches with more than 20 years of O-line coaching experiance ... each ...

Wonder who's on their PS ...

I would love to get Faneca. He'd be an upgrade over Holland IMO.

speardog
11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
why wouldnt we? basically he needs to retire. this year was a "thank you" year for smith. he got paid lots of money just to ride the bench till wekk 9 then get put on ir. i doubt he will ever be the same. this is one position we cant afford to play around at. i love smith but its time for him to move on.

Rod Smith's contract is garunteed. It will have no effect on the cap whether he is cut or not.

So why cut him?

silkamilkamonico
11-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Rod Smith's contract is garunteed. It will have no effect on the cap whether he is cut or not.

So why cut him?

We need the roster space for guys that can compete.

It's pretty clear, that aside from Walker, Stokley, and MArshall, we're pretty lousy at the position, and have been over the years.

Guys like Hixon and Clark, simply getting cut even before the season ends. At one time they were our #4 and 5 this season.

It's time for Shanahan to re-evaluate the WR position in terms of what he's looking for.

Over the years those spots were designated for special team players. We get an injury or 2 at the WR position, and all of a sudden those guys are getting released for other players, some who don't even play WR.

Retired_Member_001
11-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I agree with ya Wookiee. On the Drafted O-lineman ... i would prefer that selection in the earlier rounds or 1st day. That's just me ...

The Vikings can afford to pick lineman in the early or later rounds and develope them quick and often ... they have two O-line coaches with more than 20 years of O-line coaching experiance ... each ...

Wonder who's on their PS ...

The selection would NEED to be a first round pick or a second round pick.

Just a point, if we signed Alan Faneca and Jake Scott, we would have the best guard combo in the league in my opinion, unfortunately those are two big money guards.

However I think RT is a big problem because Erik Pears is hopeless, LT is also a problem because Lepsis is REALLY struggling BUT we have got rookie Ryan Harris.

In my opinion we should sign Alan Faneca, draft a RT and take a look at Jake Scott.

Alan Faneca is a LG by the way, Montrae Holland is a RG.

I would love our offensive line to look like this next season:

LT - Ryan Harris
LG - Alan Faneca
C - Chris Myers
RG - Jake Scott
RT - Drafted player (Gosder Cherilus would be a good pick if we end up with the 12-16th pick)

Of course the amazing Jake Long would be a great option if we end up THAT bad.

It's so sad when we are forced to talk about the off-season DURING the regular season.

DenBronx
11-07-2007, 03:51 PM
We need the roster space for guys that can compete.

It's pretty clear, that aside from Walker, Stokley, and MArshall, we're pretty lousy at the position, and have been over the years.

Guys like Hixon and Clark, simply getting cut even before the season ends. At one time they were our #4 and 5 this season.

It's time for Shanahan to re-evaluate the WR position in terms of what he's looking for.

Over the years those spots were designated for special team players. We get an injury or 2 at the WR position, and all of a sudden those guys are getting released for other players, some who don't even play WR.

its being rumored that larry fitzgerald and chad johnson are going to be on the block this offseason. either one of those guys would be good.

i say that because i dont have faith in shanahans abilities to scout a wr. bmarsh is the only one he has done ok at the whole time he has been here. id prefer if we were going to go after a wr to do it in free agency and not the draft.

Retired_Member_001
11-07-2007, 03:54 PM
its being rumored that larry fitzgerald and chad johnson are going to be on the block this offseason. either one of those guys would be good.

i say that because i dont have faith in shanahans abilities to scout a wr. bmarsh is the only one he has done ok at the whole time he has been here. id prefer if we were going to go after a wr to do it in free agency and not the draft.

A big fat no to Chad Johnson. He's funny and all but he's getting up there in age.

The Fitz would be an amazing pickup though. Where did you hear this?

DenBronx
11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
A big fat no to Chad Johnson. He's funny and all but he's getting up there in age.

The Fitz would be an amazing pickup though. Where did you hear this?

i read it at BM and a few other reports....cant remember off hand right now but ill see if i can resurface the article.

i really doubt they will let him go. fitz is the one bright spots on that team right now. but if they do i dont even think we would go after him. guys like faneca and hanesworth are more important at this time.

why not cj? only 7 years in the league and is a game breaker. thats only 3 more years than fitz.

underrated29
11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
i still dream at night about us picking up larry fitz. Oh that would be so awesome! Imagine if we did. we would have to have one of the best offenses in the league- lets take a look:

We would have fitz,walker,marshall,stokes- best group of 4 wr out there. All we would need is a solid oline to block for them and cutler, and of course our rb. Play action...or crap just plain running the ball would be so mcuh better as the defenses would have to be worried about walk/fitz/marsh stretching the field, crossing the middle, or running after the catch.

Now i look at things and say, if, and pray somehow we make if, come true. we get fitz, then all we would need is 1 or 2 good oline guys, 1 or 2 lbs (1 of them has to be really good) and 1 or 2 dt, and a safety, and people will say pats who?

chances are we get 1 oline 1 lb and 2 dt and draft a late rd safety. Assuming we get fitz.

i also agree no to johnson.

Lonestar
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
i still dream at night about us picking up larry fitz. Oh that would be so awesome! Imagine if we did. we would have to have one of the best offenses in the league- lets take a look:

We would have fitz,walker,marshall,stokes- best group of 4 wr out there. All we would need is a solid oline to block for them and cutler, and of course our rb. Play action...or crap just plain running the ball would be so mcuh better as the defenses would have to be worried about walk/fitz/marsh stretching the field, crossing the middle, or running after the catch.

Now i look at things and say, if, and pray somehow we make if, come true. we get fitz, then all we would need is 1 or 2 good oline guys, 1 or 2 lbs (1 of them has to be really good) and 1 or 2 dt, and a safety, and people will say pats who?

chances are we get 1 oline 1 lb and 2 dt and draft a late rd safety. Assuming we get fitz.

i also agree no to johnson.

folks we had no issues when we had Rod Eddie mac and Sharpe having a bevy of WR' does us no good if we run 50% of the time to start out with.

DO you honestly think Fitz, Walker and Marshall could coexist on any team they all want the ball and we have not even talked about Scheffler and Graham and any tosses to the RB.

You all have to stop and remember there is only ONE FOOTBALL on the field at a time while having all that talent would be nice there is no way to keep all those egos happy..

Retired_Member_001
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
i read it at BM and a few other reports....cant remember off hand right now but ill see if i can resurface the article.

i really doubt they will let him go. fitz is the one bright spots on that team right now. but if they do i dont even think we would go after him. guys like faneca and hanesworth are more important at this time.

why not cj? only 7 years in the league and is a game breaker. thats only 3 more years than fitz.

Why not CJ?

Because Chad Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald have the same talent in my opinion, so why not go for the guy 5 years younger?

Retired_Member_001
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
folks we had no issues when we had Rod Eddie mac and Sharpe having a bevy of WR' does us no good if we run 50% of the time to start out with.

DO you honestly think Fitz, Walker and Marshall could coexist on any team they all want the ball and we have not even talked about Scheffler and Graham and any tosses to the RB.

You all have to stop and remember there is only ONE FOOTBALL on the field at a time while having all that talent would be nice there is no way to keep all those egos happy..

Yeah good point JR.

First of all, I don't see Fitz or Chad Johnson leaving their teams ESPECIALLY Fitzgerald. The other thing is we would most certainly have to get rid of Walker and most probably Stokley as well which I don't mind doing, but we'd lose the leadership they provide, especially Stokley. I don't trust Shanahan scouting a WR either DenBronx,but sadly, it's something we have to put up with.

Another point, there's no point in having 2 amazing receivers (Fitz and Marshall) as well as two good tight ends ( Graham and Scheffler) if your offensive line doesn't give your Quarterback enough time to throw the ball.

Melkor
11-07-2007, 05:12 PM

I have no links to back me up, but the story goes that he is unhappy as the new coach Whisenhunt would like to run the ball a lot more than Dennis Green would.

Now Leinart is out, Warner is back and Fitzgerald gets some balls thrown to him, so maybe he is not so unhappy at the time.

No matter what I just do not see how we should get him. Even if he was on the block there would be lots of teams wanting him. Right now the rumour is that Dallas would give one of their picks for him.
I just do not see how we can allow ourselves to do that. Maybe we offer something like Javon Walker and a future second round pick or something but I do not think it would be a good idea to give up any first day picks this year.

I would love to have Fitzgerald in Denver, but unless we can get Arizona to accept players or something in exchange I just do not see it happen.

Melkor
11-07-2007, 05:36 PM

If I recall it right, Faneca is almost destined for Arizona. The reason he got so mad with the Pittsburgh front office was that they did not hire Ken Whisenhunt as their new head coach after Bill Cowher. Next they let Whisenhunt bring Russ Grimm along with him to Arizona. Two coaches Faneca had a lot to do with in many years. I actually think he stated something like that he would follow them when his contract was up.

dogfish
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM

i hate to point it out, but there's no guarantee walker's knee is ever going to be 100% again. . . still, even if it's not, defensive tackle, linebacker, and probably offensive line should be higher priorities than WR IMO-- hell, probably RB as well. . . no matter how good your WR corps is, if the defense sucks all they're good for is constantly trying to come from behind-- i'm not real big on the idea of being a shootout team. . . our O is pretty close as it is, and will only continue to get better as cutler gains experience. . . it's the defense that's CRYING out for help. . . . :mad:

underrated29
11-07-2007, 05:40 PM
no of course not it would never happen, for all those reasons you explained and others too. 1 ex. is we are a running team, that right their is his number 1 conflict.

We need oline, dt and LB RIGHT NOW, and saftey,rb,wr soon.

Dont get confused about my fantasy post, I would love for my fav wr to play for us, but it will never happen.

Skinny
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
If I recall it right, Faneca is almost destined for Arizona. The reason he got so mad with the Pittsburgh front office was that they did not hire Ken Whisenhunt as their new head coach after Bill Cowher. Next they let Whisenhunt bring Russ Grimm along with him to Arizona. Two coaches Faneca had a lot to do with in many years. I actually think he stated something like that he would follow them when his contract was up.I did'nt know or realize Grimm went with Whisenhunt ... well damn.
Though i have'nt seen anything about Faneca having Zona high on his list ... i take yer word for it ... it makes sense ...

TXBRONC
11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Rod Smith's contract is guaranteed. It will have no effect on the cap whether he is cut or not.

So why cut him?

There are no NFL contracts that are guaranteed Spear.

dogfish
11-07-2007, 07:09 PM
If I recall it right, Faneca is almost destined for Arizona. The reason he got so mad with the Pittsburgh front office was that they did not hire Ken Whisenhunt as their new head coach after Bill Cowher. Next they let Whisenhunt bring Russ Grimm along with him to Arizona. Two coaches Faneca had a lot to do with in many years. I actually think he stated something like that he would follow them when his contract was up.

I did'nt know or realize Grimm went with Whisenhunt ... well damn.
Though i have'nt seen anything about Faneca having Zona high on his list ... i take yer word for it ... it makes sense ...

i can't remember where either (probably PFT), but i've definitely heard the same thing. . . doesn't mean that anything is written in stone, of course, but it would make a lot of sense-- not only because grimm's there, but because they still need OL help pretty badly. . . faneca would not only help in the short term (you know they want to run the ball better than they have this year), but would also be a quality mentor for young guys like latui and levi brown. . .

Poet
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Faneca is overrated. He is atrocious as far as pass blocking goes, and while he has an amazing skill as far as run blocking go his age and price tag is going to lead him to a place like Washington IMO.

Lonestar
11-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I have no links to back me up, but the story goes that he is unhappy as the new coach Whisenhunt would like to run the ball a lot more than Dennis Green would.

Now Leinart is out, Warner is back and Fitzgerald gets some balls thrown to him, so maybe he is not so unhappy at the time.

No matter what I just do not see how we should get him. Even if he was on the block there would be lots of teams wanting him. Right now the rumour is that Dallas would give one of their picks for him.
I just do not see how we can allow ourselves to do that. Maybe we offer something like Javon Walker and a future second round pick or something but I do not think it would be a good idea to give up any first day picks this year.

I would love to have Fitzgerald in Denver, but unless we can get Arizona to accept players or something in exchange I just do not see it happen.

DO you suppose that whinehunt runs the ball less than mikey does?

Lets see trade from a PHX run first team, for the team that has more running yards in the past decade than any other team in the league.

Yep that would make him want to come here.

Lonestar
11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
i hate to point it out, but there's no guarantee walker's knee is ever going to be 100% again. . . still, even if it's not, defensive tackle, linebacker, and probably offensive line should be higher priorities than WR IMO-- hell, probably RB as well. . . no matter how good your WR corps is, if the defense sucks all they're good for is constantly trying to come from behind-- i'm not real big on the idea of being a shootout team. . . our O is pretty close as it is, and will only continue to get better as cutler gains experience. . . it's the defense that's CRYING out for help. . . . :mad:

I agree 1000% recent all these folks getting excited about a Rb or WR the bleeding is on the DL mostly at DT. Fix that and most other problems go away or are minimized.

Lets see if the OLINE is clogged and not beating on the LB's they get better.

Same goes for the safety and CB's if they are not having to play the run.

If the defense gets better and the team has to score less . Less pressure on the still yet rookies on this team..
By that I mean players who have not played a full year on more than a part time basis..

The old adage still applies offense wins game but defense wins championships..

But in order for basic winning to take place you have to be able to stop the other offense from scoring 35 plus points every game.. That will not happend with a wish list of WR' and RB's perhaps not even Oline guys....

DenBronx
11-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Faneca is overrated. He is atrocious as far as pass blocking goes, and while he has an amazing skill as far as run blocking go his age and price tag is going to lead him to a place like Washington IMO.

i dont know that he is overated but he is getting old. he has been in the league for 10 years already but alot of mileage is built up in those 10 years. the guy took a beating for bettis and parker.

if value is there in the 1st for the ol then denver might go that direction.

hell, who knows anymore. shanny always throws a curve ball come draft day.

Skinny
11-07-2007, 09:24 PM
i can't remember where either (probably PFT), but i've definitely heard the same thing. . . doesn't mean that anything is written in stone, of course, but it would make a lot of sense-- not only because grimm's there, but because they still need OL help pretty badly. . . faneca would not only help in the short term (you know they want to run the ball better than they have this year), but would also be a quality mentor for young guys like latui and levi brown. . .I hear ya ... I was one who figured since Kerney and Bill Johnson had a player/coach relationship in Atl. ... Kearney would lean heavily toward Denver. But ...

TXBRONC
11-07-2007, 09:37 PM
I hear ya ... I was one who figured since Kerney and Bill Johnson had a player/coach relationship in Atl. ... Kearney would lean heavily toward Denver. But ...

Money sometimes speaks louder than relationships.

DenBronx
11-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Money sometimes speaks louder than relationships.

lol and kerney thought he had a better chance to get to the superbowl with the seahawks. looks like he was right on that one.

Retired_Member_001
11-08-2007, 07:46 AM
i can't remember where either (probably PFT), but i've definitely heard the same thing. . . doesn't mean that anything is written in stone, of course, but it would make a lot of sense-- not only because grimm's there, but because they still need OL help pretty badly. . . faneca would not only help in the short term (you know they want to run the ball better than they have this year), but would also be a quality mentor for young guys like latui and levi brown. . .

Give Faneca enough money and he'll come to us. Faneca is also very upset at being so underpaid in Pittsburgh, give him a big fat contract and I'm pretty sure he'll come to us, especially since Arizona are hopeless and much worse off than we are. Faneca would rather block for Cutler and even Selvin Young than Leinart and James in my opinion.

speardog
11-08-2007, 12:31 PM
There are no NFL contracts that are guaranteed Spear.

Rod's is. He renegotiated his contract to a $1.5 million contract for this year and next year guaranteed. It was something Shanny wanted to do. Rod can stay these next two years or he can retire and he still gets his money.

Shanny did this after Rod's surgury. Basically telling him he can take all the time he wants. A true class act by Shanny.

speardog
11-08-2007, 12:33 PM

He is a 5 time probowler in only 7 years in the league. THat is one more probowl than Nalen. Denver could use some overrated people like that!!!

Lonestar
11-08-2007, 12:34 PM
He is a 5 time probowler in only 7 years in the league. THat is one more probowl than Nalen. Denver could use some overrated people like that!!!

YEP:salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
You can talk about Faneca's Pro-Bowls all you want but the fact is we don't need to shelve out top dollar to a would be 32 year old offensive lineman. Interestingly enough, if you ask Steelers fans who have been consistently watching the games, and if you saw what the Broncos did to Faneca when we played them - you can see he's not the same player he was perhaps 2 to three years ago. He's out of his prime. He's already been there, done that. It'd be another free agent signing that would get more money than he deserves.

Let Kuper develop, and we have several other youth who can play guard if need be. Give those people a chance. We're giving them a chance this year. Where I believe Denver could invest higher draft selections for offensive lineman, I do not believe in giving a guy like Faneca the money he'll be deserving. Some guards were getting 35 to 40 million in contracts this past off-season. That's ridiculous. We could draft several offensive lineman early and not have to pay them that much, (unless it was a top ten selection - where tackles would demand a ridiculous amount of cash) and that's the route I'd rather go.

I think getting Faneca would be a mistake. He's not playing at a high level, and he'll be 32 years old next year. I'll take a pass on this guy.

People want to always trash Shanahan's decisions (more Sundquist's actually - that's the T R U T H) in regards to free agents, and getting Faneca would be more of the same in that category.

All the money in the world isn't going to be the answer for a 30/31 year old malcontent guard heading into the downside of his career.

Retired_Member_001
11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
You can talk about Faneca's Pro-Bowls all you want but the fact is we don't need to shelve out top dollar to a would be 32 year old offensive lineman. Interestingly enough, if you ask Steelers fans who have been consistently watching the games, and if you saw what the Broncos did to Faneca when we played them - you can see he's not the same player he was perhaps 2 to three years ago. He's out of his prime. He's already been there, done that. It'd be another free agent signing that would get more money than he deserves.

Let Kuper develop, and we have several other youth who can play guard if need be. Give those people a chance. We're giving them a chance this year. Where I believe Denver could invest higher draft selections for offensive lineman, I do not believe in giving a guy like Faneca the money he'll be deserving. Some guards were getting 35 to 40 million in contracts this past off-season. That's ridiculous. We could draft several offensive lineman early and not have to pay them that much, (unless it was a top ten selection - where tackles would demand a ridiculous amount of cash) and that's the route I'd rather go.

I think getting Faneca would be a mistake. He's not playing at a high level, and he'll be 32 years old next year. I'll take a pass on this guy.

People want to always trash Shanahan's decisions (more Sundquist's actually - that's the T R U T H) in regards to free agents, and getting Faneca would be more of the same in that category.

All the money in the world isn't going to be the answer for a 30/31 year old malcontent guard heading into the downside of his career.

You've gone from calling Faneca a would be 32 year old to calling him a 30 year old. Faneca is currently 30 and would be 31 next off-season, at the end of the 2008 season he would be 32. Faneca could still give us 5 good years of service. The reason he is playing so bad right now is because he is so unhappy in Pittsburgh. Randy Moss sucked for the Raiders when he was unhappy and now look what he is doing in New England.

Even if we play Chris Kuper at LG, Chris Myers at C, we would still have major problems at RG. That's where Jake Scott comes in who is currently 26 and is one of the better pass blocking guards in the league, let's face it, he plays for the Colts.

By the way, Shanahan himself says that one of the reasons he came to Denver is so he could have FULL control over all transactions.

TXBRONC
11-08-2007, 01:58 PM
You've gone from calling Faneca a would be 32 year old to calling him a 30 year old. Faneca is currently 30 and would be 31 next off-season, at the end of the 2008 season he would be 32. Faneca could still give us 5 good years of service. The reason he is playing so bad right now is because he is so unhappy in Pittsburgh. Randy Moss sucked for the Raiders when he was unhappy and now look what he is doing in New England.

Even if we play Chris Kuper at LG, Chris Myers at C, we would still have major problems at RG. That's where Jake Scott comes in who is currently 26 and is one of the better pass blocking guards in the league, let's face it, he plays for the Colts.

By the way, Shanahan himself says that one of the reasons he came to Denver is so he could have FULL control over all transactions.

Interestingly Denver brought in guard back in the early 90's that was about Faneca's age now and he stayed about five years. In fact he had over 20 different operations during the coarse of his career.

DenBronx
11-08-2007, 02:13 PM

i must admit, your swaying my judgement on him. im starting to think faneca would be a mistake....mainly for the reasons you described above. im not high about getting him anymore. i wanted rice, we got rice and now he is a bust. we need to get younger not older.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
You've gone from calling Faneca a would be 32 year old to calling him a 30 year old. Faneca is currently 30 and would be 31 next off-season, at the end of the 2008 season he would be 32.

What's your point? He'll be 31 in December, and he'd be 32 by the time he's completed one year in Denver. Not exactly the kind of spring chicken we need to add to an offensive line where Hamilton, Nalen and Lepsis are over 30 each, some even higher. Especially with two of them being on IR.

Faneca could still give us 5 good years of service. The reason he is playing so bad right now is because he is so unhappy in Pittsburgh. Randy Moss sucked for the Raiders when he was unhappy and now look what he is doing in New England.

The key word here is could, but in reality - probably not. If the reason for him playing bad is because he's unhappy - I don't want that sort of player on the team. I want players who will give it their all on every down, regardless of their situations. Secondly, Faneca playing bad because he's "unhappy" could probably be the worst description anyone could bring up for him right now. He's in a contract year, he should be playing his ass off. Too bad he's not, and it's the truth he's having a bad year.

Comparing Randy Moss' situation to Faneca's is erroneous. There are many, many other factors which made Moss unhappy, and why his performance suffered. It wasn't all on him. It's all on Faneca in Pittsburgh.

So this means we need to spend 40 million plus on an overrated guard whose prime has ended and his playing like a pussycat right now because he's a baby? No thanks.

I'd really be interested in reading this quote, and regardless - there are people inside the Denver area (such as Wabbit on the Mane) who report that Sundquist is getting the bad end of the stick on most of the FA deals. I'll go ahead and agree with him.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Interestingly Denver brought in guard back in the early 90's that was about Faneca's age now and he stayed about five years. In fact he had over 20 different operations during the coarse of his career.

Did Mark Schlereth command a contract that would have at least fifteen million in guarantees and over 40 million dollars total?

You're comparing ages of players when bringing them in at a different time in football, and a decade later. I could go on the flip side and say one of the reasons Dan Neil isn't playing football is because of his knees and that's the truth.

Faneca isn't worth the 40 million he'd be getting any way you slice it.

Retired_Member_001
11-08-2007, 04:05 PM
What's your point? He'll be 31 in December, and he'd be 32 by the time he's completed one year in Denver. Not exactly the kind of spring chicken we need to add to an offensive line where Hamilton, Nalen and Lepsis are over 30 each, some even higher. Especially with two of them being on IR.

If we are planning on training up the youngsters, wouldn't it be wise to have a great mentor there. Inexperience will also cause us problems and since Nalen's career is over, experience would be vital. Don't forget that Lepsis is on his last legs. We could get 5 years of top play out of Faneca as well as needed experience. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

The key word here is could, but in reality - probably not. If the reason for him playing bad is because he's unhappy - I don't want that sort of player on the team. I want players who will give it their all on every down, regardless of their situations. Secondly, Faneca playing bad because he's "unhappy" could probably be the worst description anyone could bring up for him right now. He's in a contract year, he should be playing his ass off. Too bad he's not, and it's the truth he's having a bad year.

Faneca is one of the best guards in the league no matter what you say, he deserves respect, respect Pittsburgh aren't giving him.

Comparing Randy Moss' situation to Faneca's is erroneous. There are many, many other factors which made Moss unhappy, and why his performance suffered. It wasn't all on him. It's all on Faneca in Pittsburgh.

It's all on Faneca that he is being treated will disrespect?

So this means we need to spend 40 million plus on an overrated guard whose prime has ended and his playing like a pussycat right now because he's a baby? No thanks.

I highly doubt Jake Scott will demand 40 million plus.

I'd really be interested in reading this quote, and regardless - there are people inside the Denver area (such as Wabbit on the Mane) who report that Sundquist is getting the bad end of the stick on most of the FA deals. I'll go ahead and agree with him.

As I said before, I suppose we will just agree to disagree.

dogfish
11-08-2007, 05:23 PM

good post. . . . bringing in high-priced, aging veterans is exactly what we DON'T need to do. . . if you're going to shell out high dollars in free agency, you want to get players ENTERING their prime, not leaving it. . . IF denver wants to make a splash with a big free agent signing, the best players to look at would be karlos dansby, michael turner, or possibly stompy haynseworth if they want to deal with that headache (lance briggs is also possibly, but there you're talking mega-dollars). . . .

Requiem / The Dagda
11-08-2007, 05:45 PM
If we are planning on training up the youngsters, wouldn't it be wise to have a great mentor there. Inexperience will also cause us problems and since Nalen's career is over, experience would be vital. Don't forget that Lepsis is on his last legs. We could get 5 years of top play out of Faneca as well as needed experience. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

I would never, ever pay 40 million dollars to a guard in the NFL. Absolutely not, regardless if he is Alan Faneca.

Faneca is one of the best guards in the league no matter what you say, he deserves respect, respect Pittsburgh aren't giving him.

A lot of Pittsburgh fans feel differently, and I think it's obvious the Steelers don't feel he's worth the money he really wants.

I
t's all on Faneca that he is being treated will disrespect?

This is the problem with NFL players today. They believe they are entitled to the money, and deserve it. Sure, he's a Pro-Bowl player - but I hate players with bad attitudes like this. He should be thankful where he's at, and what he's accomplished. The Broncos need to get hungry players who have things to prove, and will play every game like it's their last - not play the game for a paycheck since they're "entitled" to it.

I highly doubt Jake Scott will demand 40 million plus.

I don't think he will either, and I never referenced him. My beef is with Faneca.

As I said before, I suppose we will just agree to disagree.

Which is absolutely fine. If Faneca becomes a Bronco, I'll hope for the best. I agree that we could use some leadership and experience, but at the price cost - I don't know. 40 million is a **** ton for a guard.

speardog
11-10-2007, 04:47 PM
good post. . . . bringing in high-priced, aging veterans is exactly what we DON'T need to do. . . if you're going to shell out high dollars in free agency, you want to get players ENTERING their prime, not leaving it. . . IF denver wants to make a splash with a big free agent signing, the best players to look at would be karlos dansby, michael turner, or possibly stompy haynseworth if they want to deal with that headache (lance briggs is also possibly, but there you're talking mega-dollars). . . .

If Nalen and Lepsis don't come back an aging veteran might be exactl what Denver needs.

It's all about how well, Kuper and Meyers play. If Shanny thinks they can handle it then fine. Hopefully they will develop to be great and Denver won't have to sign Faneca.

sneakers
11-12-2007, 06:11 AM

Remember in Team America: World Police the "Film Actor's Guild"? Hahahaa

sneakers
11-12-2007, 06:12 AM
If Nalen and Lepsis don't come back an aging veteran might be exactl what Denver needs.

It's all about how well, Kuper and Meyers play. If Shanny thinks they can handle it then fine. Hopefully they will develop to be great and Denver won't have to sign Faneca.

I agree... :D