PDA

View Full Version : Manning As Accurate As Ever Coming Off Neck Injury

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2012, 11:40 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) – So much is made of what Peyton Manning‘s passes look like after four neck operations and a season away from football.

Do they wobble? Do they spiral? Do they dip or dive?

No matter, they’re almost always on target.

The Denver Broncos quarterback is completing 68 percent of his throws, just shy of his career high of 68.8 percent set in 2009 – and that’s with his top two targets dropping 15 passes.

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/12/04/manning-as-accurate-as-ever-coming-off-neck-injury/

bcbronc
12-05-2012, 03:02 AM
bye bye McCoy.

MOtorboat
12-05-2012, 09:08 AM
bye bye McCoy.

:confused:

Davii
12-05-2012, 10:28 AM
:confused:

Truth be told, McCoy will probably be offered a HC position somewhere. His play calling had been much maligned, but to tailor an offense to Tim Tebow midstream and then work with Manning to change everything including terminology... He might not be an offensive guru or whatever, but he has earned respect league wide.

MOtorboat
12-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Truth be told, McCoy will probably be offered a HC position somewhere. His play calling had been much maligned, but to tailor an offense to Tim Tebow midstream and then work with Manning to change everything including terminology... He might not be an offensive guru or whatever, but he has earned respect league wide.

That makes a lot more sense to me. I guess I was thinking the other way around, because a lot of people have been critical of McCoy.

Davii
12-05-2012, 10:40 AM
That makes a lot more sense to me. I guess I was thinking the other way around, because a lot of people have been critical of McCoy.

I'm sure BCbronc was also meaning that McCoy would get fired, but if he isn't here next year I think it will be because he's a HC somewhere. Yes his playcalling leaves a lot to be desired, but you don't hire a HC to call plays.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Every fanbase, of every team in the NFL .. AND College.... complains about the playcalling. Its pretty funny.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Every fanbase, of every team in the NFL .. AND College.... complains about the playcalling. Its pretty funny.

Totally agree Rav - when reading some things people post, it appears they have forgotten that when the Broncos are on offense, the other team is on defense = trying to stop the play. Also, many offensive plays do not work, not because of what the called play was, but rather because the offense did not execute it the way it should have been. But I understand - much easier to blame McCoy.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Totally agree Rav - when reading some things people post, it appears they have forgotten that when the Broncos are on offense, the other team is on defense = trying to stop the play. Also, many offensive plays do not work, not because of what the called play was, but rather because the offense did not execute it the way it should have been. But I understand - much easier to blame McCoy.

yeah.

I just think taht people look at the results of a play. If it worked, it was a good call, and if it didn't.. it wasn't. People forget that these coaches in the NFL go over hundreds of hours of tape, looking for trends, patterns, and tendencies of the other team. Its a chess game of trying to out smart, the other team, while counting on your players to perform as is expected. The other team, has players that are trained to do the same thing...stop us from doing what we want to do. They TOO, ahve studied for patterns, trends, and tendencies. They are calling their chess game to out smart us, and hope their players perform.

Then there is the changing of the plays at the LoS.. adn the changing of the defense..as we are changing our play. Then there is, hopefully, the correct communication between QB and WR as to what kind of coverage they are seeing, and where they are to go.

But, when the fan sees the pass fail, or the run stopped, or the play not work..... its not only a 'bad play call'...but they could have called a better play that 'absolutely' would have worked.

Any time you listen to any talk radio, of any fan base, 90% of the calls will complain about the play calling.

its definitely easier to call plays when you have a Manning, or Brady, running your offense. Brady has gone to the Super Bowl with several OCs at the helm, and we've seen how those move on to be as HCs. Now Weis, has proved to be a very good OC in other places without Brady. While others haven't.

bcbronc
12-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm sure BCbronc was also meaning that McCoy would get fired, but if he isn't here next year I think it will be because he's a HC somewhere. Yes his playcalling leaves a lot to be desired, but you don't hire a HC to call plays.

No, I was meaning what you said earlier. After turning a Tebow led offense into a playoff win, and then helping Manning push to put up some stats that rival his career highs, I think there's a very good chance he'll receive a HC job this offseason. I'd almost bet on him ending up in either SD or KC next year. If not within the division, almost certainly some where.