PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning, Broncos brace for quick turnaround before Raiders game

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2012, 06:18 PM
The Broncos' quick turnaround to play the Raiders on Thursday in Oakland isn't worrisome to Peyton Manning, although the Denver quarterback has little experience with the schedule.

In his first 14 years in the NFL, each with the Indianapolis Colts, Manning remembers playing just two Thursday night road games.

"It's a challenge. I've played in a few Thursday night games (but) I know Coach(John) Fox has had a formula that he's used. I think he's played five times (on Thursday)," Manning said Tuesday at his weekly post-practice press conference. "It's about efficient preparation and a lot of mental preparation. Obviously, the biggest challenge for guys physically is to rest and recover from a physical game on Sunday against Tampa. The key is getting good mental preparation and I think we're in a good start today."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22123149

BroncoWave
12-04-2012, 06:27 PM
We really couldn't have asked for better circumstances to have to play a Thursday night game in. I think the Raiders have quit on the season and this will give us 10 days to prepare for Baltimore. Thursday is always a tough turnaround but if we can pull this game out I really like our chances to run the table.

camdisco24
12-04-2012, 06:39 PM
They only thing that concerns me is the Raiders will be playing with an little extra motivation to honor the passing of their head coach's father. Teams always play harder when there is a tragedy/circumstance that effects them. See the Chiefs last week and the Colts this season.