PDA

View Full Version : Brock Osweiler

Superchop 7
12-04-2012, 01:50 PM
At this point I would give the kid a couple of series in the first half to gain experience......I think the team would benefit in the long run.

MOtorboat
12-04-2012, 01:52 PM
No.

Ravage!!!
At this point I would give the kid a couple of series in the first half to gain experience......I think the team would benefit in the long run.

In the first half?

Thats never going to happen. I can see the second half of the last Chiefs game, though.

CoachChaz
Not sure how...unless Peyton goes down with an injury. But if that happens...I dont know that a few series is going to make a big difference in his development

NightTerror218
12-04-2012, 02:13 PM
No way. We already start slow as it is.

I think he will play in the final KC game (last game of season) depending on how badly we need to win game. If we have no shot at #2 seed then he could get a lot of time in that game. Sit the starters and people who have had injuries. A rest game.

slim
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Good idea.

Day1BroncoFan
12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Nfw!

Italianmobstr7
12-04-2012, 03:16 PM
No way unless we have no shot at the 2 seed in week 17...

BroncoWave
12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Wut? We are still fighting for a first round by you know.

Northman
12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Brock wont play unless we have locked up the 2 seed.

DenBronx
12-04-2012, 03:32 PM
If we have the 2nd seed locked up then I think Brock will deffinitely play.

Osweiler, Ball, Willis, Porter....all of those guys should get alot of playing time if that happens.

Man it seems so weird talking about the 2nd seed. I guess its been way too long.

NightTerror218
12-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Brock wont play unless we have locked up the 2 seed.

or have no shot at it. If we win out and lose to baltimore. baltimore and NE win out. Then we could play Os since we would be a lock at #4.

Chef Zambini
12-04-2012, 03:39 PM
brock will only play if the outcome means nothing!

would like to see the kid in action.
i would like for him to get some game experience.

BUT NWIH do I want to see him on the field this year !
and neither does JFE !

GEM
12-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Not with home field advantage on the line. Could make a huge difference playing the Ravens at home vs in Baltimore. No thanks.

GEM
12-04-2012, 03:53 PM
brock will only play if the outcome means nothing!

would like to see the kid in action.
i would like for him to get some game experience.

BUT NWIH do I want to see him on the field this year !
and neither does JFE !

Do you have a red rotary phone in your office with a direct line to JFE? I mean, you seem to know what he is thinking at all times.

:lol:

SR
12-04-2012, 03:57 PM

Absolutely not.

Simple Jaded
12-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Sounds like something the Rockies would do.......

Chef Zambini
12-05-2012, 09:51 PM
I HOPE WE GET TO SEE BROCK PLAY...
after each game that we are up by 30 in the 4th quarter.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Do you have a red rotary phone in your office with a direct line to JFE? I mean, you seem to know what he is thinking at all times.

:lol:actually, it orange.
but it is tethered to the wall.
very old school.

tubby
12-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Mods please move this thread to the septic tank

Chef Zambini
12-05-2012, 11:45 PM
yes nobody weant to talk about the mistake that is brock osweiler. make it all go away.

MOtorboat
12-05-2012, 11:48 PM
yes nobody weant to talk about the mistake that is brock osweiler. make it all go away.

Not quite as dumb as your Champ Bailey rants, but still pretty stupid.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2012, 11:53 PM
brock is the future. all others need not apply. we already have our PFM replacement, end of discussion. no need for concern.

MOtorboat
12-05-2012, 11:56 PM
brock is the future. all others need not apply. we already have our PFM replacement, end of discussion. no need for concern.

Yes, Brock Osweiler is the quarterback of the future.

Can you explain to my why there IS legitimate need for concern?

Anything?

Nothing?

Thought so.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:05 AM
My legitimate concern is that JFE has painted himself in to a corner on this one based on the controvercial nature of the selection process and the manner in which JFE has defended the entire draft and selection process. THEREFORE no other candidate for the job will be considered and i watched brock o in college ASU, my back yard and he showed me NOTHING to indicate that he is worthy of the exclusion of all others ! that is my concern, thanks for asking !

MOtorboat
12-06-2012, 12:06 AM
My legitimate concern is that JFE has painted himself in to a corner on this one based on the controvercial nature of the selection process and the manner in which JFE has defended the entire draft and selection process. THEREFORE no other candidate for the job will be considered and i watched brock o in college ASU, my back yard and he showed me NOTHING to indicate that he is worthy of the exclusion of all others ! that is my concern, thanks for asking !

So just bitching for bitching sake. Typical Zam.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:28 AM
the subject is brock O I am concerned that the broncos, specificly JFE will refuse to take an objective look at alternatives. thats my concern. you call it bitching, but then like night follows day you follow every single posy I make to bitch about it so i guess when it comes to bitching you are the undeniable expert.

Tned
12-06-2012, 12:29 AM
the subject is brock O I am concerned that the broncos, specificly JFE will refuse to take an objective look at alternatives. thats my concern. you call it bitching, but then like night follows day you follow every single posy I make to bitch about it so i guess when it comes to bitching you are the undeniable expert.

You weren't formally a Browns fan, were you? :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:37 AM
So just bitching for bitching sake. Typical Zam.always a personnal attack, rarely an objective opiniuon just a defaming comment about the poster(zam) and no rational comment of your own.
you post to chastize, not to enhance the conversation.
YOU turn every thread into one of these personnal batllegrounds you are pathetic. but the mods just turn a blind eye to the Mo m.O.
why is that?
please put me on ignore so others interested in discussion can talk about broncos without fear of similar reprisal.
how many new members in the last year?
you would think PFM would generate a thousand, but if would be membersa read any of your harassment, I thnk they would reconsider.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Peyton Manning talks about still working on timing with the offense even this late into the season. Do you really want to take away any available time that they have? We need to be clicking on all cylinders when it comes playoff time.

I do agree that it would be nice to see Osweiler play the last few minutes of a game that's already wrapped up. Just to get him a minute or two and let out players rest. This "garbage time" is usually runs and not passes anyway.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2012, 12:40 AM

What exactly do you mean by this?

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:52 AM
not by just me, but by others especially denver media, have questioned JFE on the brock selection! john has had to defend the selection and the process. you might recall the GM was FIRED right after the draft?
well to quell the mob JFE has been vigorous in his defense of the brock selection, he said candidly, "yes we have SACRIFICED (his exact words) the present for the future. brock osweiler is our future."

so how can anyone expect JE to bring in a viable alternative while brock is still around?
not me. I see a man JFE, resolute in his determination to PROVE that he was RIGHT.
I see stubbornness and a defensive posture that will preclude the broncos from taking an objective look at alternatives.
JFE has hand-cuffed himself to brock O.
thats what I mean.

Timmy!
12-06-2012, 12:59 AM
:crackpot:

Dapper Dan
12-06-2012, 01:01 AM
not by just me, but by others especially denver media, have questioned JFE on the brock selection! john has had to defend the selection and the process. you might recall the GM was FIRED right after the draft?
well to quell the mob JFE has been vigorous in his defense of the brock selection, he said candidly, "yes we have SACRIFICED (his exact words) the present for the future. brock osweiler is our future."

so how can anyone expect JE to bring in a viable alternative while brock is still around?
not me. I see a man JFE, resolute in his determination to PROVE that he was RIGHT.
I see stubbornness and a defensive posture that will preclude the broncos from taking an objective look at alternatives.
thats what I mean.

You're trashing Elway because he hasn't replaced Osweiler yet? Or because we don't have a spare quarterback of the future in case something happens to Oz?

Tned
12-06-2012, 01:05 AM

thats what I mean.

Yes, you "see" all of that, but that in no way makes it reality or anything other than wild conjecture on your part.. It is just as likely, or more likely, that an objective analysis by Elway and his staff is that Brock projects as a starting NFL quarterback.

The fact that they dress him as the ONLY backup to Manning on game day supports this vs your wild conjecture.

Simple Jaded
12-06-2012, 01:05 AM
I see a man JFE, resolute in his determination to PROVE that he was RIGHT.

Based on what, exactly? Osweiler is an absolute non-story, what is Elway doing to prove he was right?.......

Simple Jaded
12-06-2012, 01:08 AM
You're trashing Elway because he hasn't replaced Osweiler yet? Or because we don't have a spare quarterback of the future in case something happens to Oz?

Is he actually complaing about the selection of Osweiler while simultaneously complaining that Elway won't select another QB?.......

Tned
12-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Is he actually complaing about the selection of Osweiler while simultaneously complaining that Elway won't select another QB?.......

Yep

Timmy!
12-06-2012, 01:12 AM
:pop2:

Dapper Dan
12-06-2012, 01:14 AM

Compception.

Simple Jaded
12-06-2012, 01:17 AM
So Zam doesn't care about the 2nd round draft pick, he just doesn't like Osweiler?.......

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 01:21 AM
are we going to draft another Qb next year?
arfe we going to look for a Fa QB with a potential to start?
if so when, what season?
as long as brock does not play there is nothing wrong with brock.
am I eager to see him start, hell no.
any of you?
anyone see anything special from brock this pre-season?
wasnt he liste BEHIND henne? yes you all know he was!
My concerns are legitimate.
your refusal to look at the situation is short sighted and blind to reality.

Simple Jaded
12-06-2012, 01:23 AM
if so when, what season?
any of you?

What are you concerned about, I don't get it?.......

Dapper Dan
if so when, what season?
any of you?

You don't have very much patience, do you?

Chef Zambini
osweiller is the proclaIMED HEIR APPARENT, ANYINE REFUTE THAT?

Simple Jaded
12-06-2012, 01:24 AM
osweiller is the proclaimed heir apparent, anyine refute that?

Not me.......

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 01:30 AM
who thinks the future is settled? who here wants to tell me brock is the future, no need to worry and no need to go window shopping for any other Qb?
brock is our guy! who wants to say that publicly?
JFE already did !
he proclaimed that brock O is our future he admitted that he SACRIFICED the PFM window of opportunity tio select brock instead of a player who can help us for the here and now.
my problem with brock is that he EXCLUDES all other viable options !
JFE is handcuffed to brock !
so, unless BO is the next aaron rogers, i am very much concerned about the post PFM era.
I pray PFM plays 5 more years !
because brock osweiler is going to be our ONLY alternative.
why am I so concerned/ecause I see what the cardinals look like in the post kurt warner era.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Brock Osweiler is our quarterback of the future right now. No need to draft another quarterback or to pick up a free agent. If Peyton gets hurt, Oz will play. When Peyton retires, Oz will take over.

Simple Jaded
12-06-2012, 01:37 AM
who thinks the future is settled? who here wants to tell me brock is the future, no need to worry and no need to go window shopping for any other Qb?
brock is our guy! who wants to say that publicly?
JFE already did !
he proclaimed that brock O is our future he admitted that he SACRIFICED the PFM window of opportunity tio select brock instead of a player who can help us for the here and now.
my problem with brock is that he EXCLUDES all other viable options !
JFE is handcuffed to brock !
so, unless BO is the next aaron rogers, i am very much concerned about the post PFM era.
I pray PFM plays 5 more years !
because brock osweiler is going to be our ONLY alternative.
why am I so concerned/ecause I see what the cardinals look like in the post kurt warner era.
What is your problem with Osweiler? You haven't seen anything from him and he won't play as long as Manning is around so your concern is irrational.

The Broncos just drafted the dude, I sincerely doubt they have any interest in drafting another QB next year.......

Pudge
12-06-2012, 01:47 AM
I think we should draft a quarterback every year and keep them all until manning retires then have a completion for them to start. One has to be decent. Now that's logic

Simple Jaded
12-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Bullshit, you don't like Osweiler and you're throwing yourself a pity party. What we don't know about Brock Osweiler could problably fill Mile High Stadium so it's hypocritical to say that you know there is reason for concern and ridicule the notion that there is "no need to worry and no need to go window shopping".

If WE can't be sure about his future how can YOU?.......

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 01:54 AM
i dont think osweiller justifies the exclusivity. I would love to be wrong, but what are the odds?
in proclaiming brock the HEIR APPARENT we turn our backs on at least 20 other potential candidates foir the job.
I have seen brock b play. I dont think he warrants that kind of commitment. but then he wasnt my sons college roomate so WTF do i know.

Davii
12-06-2012, 02:03 AM
but then he wasnt my sons college roomate so WTF do i know.

My magic 8 ball says "outlook hazy, ask again later". I'll ask it when Oz plays some snaps to look at....

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Bullshit, you don't like Osweiler and you're throwing yourself a pity party. What we don't know about Brock Osweiler could problably fill Mile High Stadium so it's hypocritical to say that you know there is reason for concern and ridicule the notion that there is "no need to worry and no need to go window shopping".

If WE can't be sure about his future how can YOU?.......

you are missing the point.
perhaps your rage and pre-disposed atitude torwards me might be the problem.
the POINT is YES, brock is an uncertainty, absolutekly correct, however. in all this, JFE has made an absolutely certain proclamation and commitment to brock O
' he is our FUTURE yes I did SACRIFICE our present to select him.
this is JFE's defiant stance !
so we are stuck with brock and no other candidate need apply for the next 5 years!
not only did JFE select Os over kaepernik wilson and noles, he has made it very clear that os is his choice over every single QB to come out of college in the next 5 years and every FA QB to hit the market in that timespan as well.
thats an aaron rogers kind of commitment.
I do have serious doubts about brock being anywhere close to the next aaron rogers. why?
I have seen him play.

Davii
12-06-2012, 02:14 AM
the POINT is YES, brock is an uncertainty, absolutekly correct, however. in all this, JFE has made an absolutely certain proclamation and commitment to brock O
so we are stuck with brock and no other candidate need apply for the next 5 years!
not only did JFE select Os over kaepernik wilson and noles, he has made it very clear that os is his choice over every single QB to come out of college in the next 5 years and every FA QB to hit the market in that timespan as well.
I do have serious doubts about brock being anywhere close to the next aaron rogers. why?
I have seen him play.

Please provide a link to proof that John Elway said that.

bcbronc
12-06-2012, 03:15 AM

I think Zam's issue is more that he'd rather have gone all in on "Plan A" and (done something like) take D. Martin in the 1st and then used the picks used to acquire Os and Hilman to move up to get Wolfe. Then get a Foles or Cousins on day 3 to groom behind Manning, or wait to draft a someone who falls unexpectedly next draft. But because Elway used his 2nd pick of the draft on Os, Elway won't look at potential steels until Os has proven himself one way or the other.

It's a fair position, one made immediately after the draft by plenty of posters, and by many since. There's no doubt that NOT taking Osweiler last draft would have allowed us to make a bigger improvement THIS season (obviously depending how they used the picks instead).

Elway gambled that the long term gain will be worth the short term "pain". I understand where Zam's coming from, but don't agree. Os has to pan out for it to be a good gamble, but imo Elway has earned the benefit of the doubt with his performance so far. If Elway saw something in this kid, I'm willing to give him a couple of years to see how he develops. Couldn't ask to be in a better environment for a young project QB, and Os has the physical tools. We'll see what happens.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2012, 03:23 AM
I think Zam's issue is more that he'd rather have gone all in on "Plan A" and (done something like) take D. Martin in the 1st and then used the picks used to acquire Os and Hilman to move up to get Wolfe. Then get a Foles or Cousins on day 3 to groom behind Manning, or wait to draft a someone who falls unexpectedly next draft. But because Elway used his 2nd pick of the draft on Os, Elway won't look at potential steels until Os has proven himself one way or the other.

It's a fair position, one made immediately after the draft by plenty of posters, and by many since. There's no doubt that NOT taking Osweiler last draft would have allowed us to make a bigger improvement THIS season (obviously depending how they used the picks instead).

Elway gambled that the long term gain will be worth the short term "pain". I understand where Zam's coming from, but don't agree. Os has to pan out for it to be a good gamble, but imo Elway has earned the benefit of the doubt with his performance so far. If Elway saw something in this kid, I'm willing to give him a couple of years to see how he develops. Couldn't ask to be in a better environment for a young project QB, and Os has the physical tools. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the translation. I have no problem with someone thinking that. I just disagree. I agree with you that this front office has earned the benefit of the doubt on their decisions. Derek Wolfe seems to be just about the best DL from the draft. Many people wanted Stills, Worthy, etc. I feel like these guys know what they're doing until they prove me otherwise. There will always be the things in workouts and practices that we don't see. I didn't see much of the preseason. Maybe Osweiler had a bad one. I don't know. I know I've seen a lot of guys have good preseasons, and a lot of them aren't in the NFL anymore. Where is Joe Webb anyway? Some guys have good games, good seasons, and it means nothing for their longterm success.

I would just hate to change anything or do anything different since we're doing so well.

Tned
12-06-2012, 08:05 AM
if so when, what season?
any of you?

You do realize how egotistical it appears that every time someone (or the majority of people) disagree with you, you just say they are blind, stubborn or some other criticism/insult??? :confused:

Will they draft another QB? Possible, very late in the draft, since you need three QBs and Hanne is not good at all. Or, they may go after another veteran QB as a backup. Neither of which would be an indictment of Owseiler. Not yet. He was never projected be starter ready, as some prospects are.

Also, as to not initially being listed number 1, you can say that about multiple draft picks, on the Broncos and elsewhere, especially under coach Fox. He's clearly a coach where you have to earn your way up the depth chart and eventually on to the field. That means all the rookies start at the back end of the depth chart, and have to move ahead of competition. Brock did that.

MOtorboat
12-06-2012, 08:18 AM
I have seen him play.

So what? Osweiler is the quarterback who will take over for Manning. Just bitching for bitching's sake. Shit gets so old. And it's in every thread.

TXBRONC
12-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I have seen him play.

As usual you're either full of shit or intentionally misleading. Elway didn't say he sacrificed the present for the future. He said you have to balance the two.

Tned
12-06-2012, 08:46 AM
While there is zero evidence or even justified speculation to support Zam's position, on the Elway comment he is 100% correct. I also remember him saying it and did a quick Google to get the exact quote:

"It's a perfect situation where there's not the pressure for him to come in and start right away," Elway said. "He's not ready for that. But he's also going to learn from Peyton and ... I think it's a great learning experience for him to where we are set for the future."

"And he's our guy for the future," Elway said. "And sometimes we have to sacrifice the short-term for the long-term to grab the guy that you believe can be that next guy for you, and that's Brock Osweiler."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7934109/john-elway-denver-broncos-says-brock-osweiler-was-long-term-pick

So, yes, Elway said that, but there is nothing wrong with that. His point was not controversial, because it's a fact. A great deal of draft picks are developmental. It's the reason the media makes such a big deal when players make impacts in rookie seasons.

The Broncos were/are sitting with a 36 year old QB coming off a serious neck injury. There choices were to go forward with him until he couldn't play, and then, too late, draft a replacement, or as they did, draft a QB now that they think can be the starter in 2-3 years.

Elway has said multiple times that he believes Manning will play 2-3 years. I'm not sure I've ever seen Elway make a comment about Manning playing five seasons, regardless of the length of the contract (in fact, the next phase of the contract will be the Broncos extending it for TWO more years if he passes a physical before 2013, and then they have the option to extend him to the fourth year, and then to the fifth year or can simply cut him after the third year). Sure, if Manning is still playing at an elite level at the end of 2014 and Manning isn't ready to retire, then they will likely pick up the option for 2015 (not technically an option, but essentially the same).

However, Elway is planning on having Manning for 2-3 years, and needing to develop a long term replacement during that time frame. There is nothing to date that says that Osweiler ISN'T or can't be that guy. Only time will tell, because many, if not most, draft prospects fail to live up to expectations. But it's BS to say he's already a bust.

artie_dale
12-06-2012, 09:03 AM
In my opinion, there are no guarantees when it comes to players, coaches, and teams in the NFL.

Sure, Brock was drafted kinda high, but the way Peyton is playing, I'm confident he'll be with us for 3 years (Peyton), or he may even finish his contract. If Brock has to be his understudy for that duration, sobeit. That's a lot of time to teach and assess, Ossy. I'm confident Elway himself, will know whether they will need a different QB or not if Ossy doesn't pan out. With Peyton is so good at staying healthy, it'd be a waste to get a top notch young QB just to sit behind him. (Peyton). In short, Peyton Manning is our present and our future (3-5 yrs total).

MOtorboat
12-06-2012, 09:05 AM
It's a much better, clearer way to go with than flying by the seat of your pants and only drafting a quarterback when it's almost too late.

That's what Zam is advocating for, and I just CANNOT agree with that approach.

Tned
12-06-2012, 09:08 AM
It's a much better, clearer way to go with than flying by the seat of your pants and only drafting a quarterback when it's almost too late.

That's what Zam is advocating for, and I just CANNOT agree with that approach.

Elway is trying to get Broncos back to a perennial winning team, that doesn't go through normal cyclical NFL down stretches (multiple years of low, single digit wins). One of the things you HAVE to do to avoid those bad down years is to develop talent that is capable of stepping in to start. If you don't, then if your starter goes down (QB more than any other position) the team will have problems.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Elway is trying to get Broncos back to a perennial winning team, that doesn't go through normal cyclical NFL down stretches (multiple years of low, single digit wins). One of the things you HAVE to do to avoid those bad down years is to develop talent that is capable of stepping in to start. If you don't, then if your starter goes down (QB more than any other position) the team will have problems.yes I agree it makes sense to have PFMs understudy already in camp!
I dont dispute any of that. but JFE has painted himself in to a corner defending BO as being that guy! he therefore would look foolish if within the 3-5 year period he entertained the idea of actually bringing in somebody else who could compete for the job.
in essence, JFE has declared thaT bo IS THE HEIR APPARENT AND THEREFORE NO OTHER OPTION WILL BE CONSIDERED. that is where I have my biggest problem.
the EXCLUSION of all other possibilities because jfe has commited to b.o.

as for the conditions that exist for a QB to develop, those are great, but OSWEILER does not define those conditions, he is only the benificiary ! those same opps would be available to ANY candidate, comprende?
we are not going to give ANY consideration to any of the possible 20 candidates over the next 3-5 years that could be the next bronco QB. that spot is already filled, ignore all the other options, forget about any johnny football that might come out of college or NFL free agent looking for a better fit, our guy is brock, he is better than ANY other opportunity.
the same guy that could NOT unseat henne as the #2 and had to be GIVEN the job !
will JFE be able to swallow his pride ?
or will he be stubborn like he was on draft day?
who was our GM during the draft?
who is it now?

Tned
12-06-2012, 11:33 AM
yes I agree it makes sense to have PFMs understudy already in camp!
I dont dispute any of that. but JFE has painted himself in to a corner defending BO as being that guy! he therefore would look foolish if within the 3-5 year period he entertained the idea of actually bringing in somebody else who could compete for the job.
in essence, JFE has declared thaT bo IS THE HEIR APPARENT AND THEREFORE NO OTHER OPTION WILL BE CONSIDERED. that is where I have my biggest problem.
the EXCLUSION of all other possibilities because jfe has commited to b.o.

as for the conditions that exist for a QB to develop, those are great, but OSWEILER does not define those conditions, he is only the benificiary ! those same opps would be available to ANY candidate, comprende?
we are not going to give ANY consideration to any of the possible 20 candidates over the next 3-5 years that could be the next bronco QB. that spot is already filled, ignore all the other options, forget about any johnny football that might come out of college or NFL free agent looking for a better fit, our guy is brock, he is better than ANY other opportunity.
the same guy that could NOT unseat henne as the #2 and had to be GIVEN the job !
will JFE be able to swallow his pride ?
or will he be stubborn like he was on draft day?
who was our GM during the draft?
who is it now?

You clearly have no clue how the NFL and talent evaluation works. Front office routinely discuss someone being the future at a given position, only to find out that he didn't develop as expected. I think you are projecting your own insecurities on John Elway and assuming he would be too "afraid" to go another direction if Osweiler didn't pan out, just because you would be afraid to admit a mistake. This line of thinking just makes no sense and you have ZERO basis for these statements.

Anyone that thinks John Elway can't survive a bad draft pick, ASSUMING Osweiler turns out to be a bad pick, is sorely mistaken.

Nomad
12-06-2012, 11:37 AM
If the BRONCOS blow out the Raiders like many are predicting, I'd like to see Osweiler get some playing time, after the game is out of reach. That goes for the next 3 games as well......I don't see the BRONCOS blowing out the Ravens though.

Ravage!!!
12-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Elway had questions from everyone, including himself, of "what IF Manning can't come back?" "What IF Manning gets injured?" "What IF Manning's neck truly is fragile, and he gets it re-injured during the season, or even before the season starts?" What then?? What do we do then?

Elway had that answer.... we have a young QB, that we drafted, that we'll move forward with. We have a QB on the roster that we'll then use as a building season, with our young rookie, just as many teams in the NFL are doing.

What REALLY REALLY is irritating, is this BS concept of "mortgaging the future" crap, purely because we took a QB with a 2nd round pick. The pick, AT THE TIME...absolutely, 100%, made sense and was the right move to make. Hell, it still makes sense now, if Manning gets injured before, or during the year, next season.

What would have been the plan for the "what if Manning can't come back?" A veteran in that was meant to back up Manning? Who? That would mean we would have had a year of starting some crappy vet, with NOTHING to gain because that crappy back-up vet would NEVER be our starter. It would make a LOT more sense to start a young QB, with gaining the experience of NFL games, and one that COULD be out future starter.

If Osweiler doesn't work out, or never starts.... so what? DO we really think that would be the "problem" (if any) of this franchise? Do we really think that Elway isn't "man enough" to fix any problems that may exist?? Do we really think we would look back and say "Yeah, if Elway only would have drafted that...lb (or whatever) this team would have been a much better team!?!? I don't get the problem?

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 11:45 AM
If the BRONCOS blow out the Raiders like many are predicting, I'd like to see Osweiler get some playing time, after the game is out of reach.me too!
It concerned me that BO got no time with or against any first string talent during the pre-season.
it concerned me that BO was not listed or EVER played as the #2 QB, and ONLY afer the press started HOUNDING JFE about the pecking order, did BO get awqarded the job without EARNING it on the field !
so yes, I am anxious to see BO, but only when the game is out of reach !
or maybe in week 17 when there is nothing to play for.
I hope BO is a the next aaron rogers and i look like a horses ass for my concern, i really do!
but up till now BO has shown me NOTHING to indicate that he is worthy of the title crowned prince, heir apparent, exclusive option to take over the thrown.
sorry.

Ravage!!!
12-06-2012, 11:46 AM
:lol: "..has shown ME nothing..."

as if showing you anything means squat.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Elway had questions from everyone, including himself, of "what IF Manning can't come back?" "What IF Manning gets injured?" "What IF Manning's neck truly is fragile, and he gets it re-injured during the season, or even before the season starts?" What then?? What do we do then?

Elway had that answer.... we have a young QB, that we drafted, that we'll move forward with. We have a QB on the roster that we'll then use as a building season, with our young rookie, just as many teams in the NFL are doing.

What REALLY REALLY is irritating, is this BS concept of "mortgaging the future" crap, purely because we took a QB with a 2nd round pick. The pick, AT THE TIME...absolutely, 100%, made sense and was the right move to make. Hell, it still makes sense now, if Manning gets injured before, or during the year, next season.

What would have been the plan for the "what if Manning can't come back?" A veteran in that was meant to back up Manning? Who? That would mean we would have had a year of starting some crappy vet, with NOTHING to gain because that crappy back-up vet would NEVER be our starter. It would make a LOT more sense to start a young QB, with gaining the experience of NFL games, and one that COULD be out future starter.

If Osweiler doesn't work out, or never starts.... so what? DO we really think that would be the "problem" (if any) of this franchise? Do we really think that Elway isn't "man enough" to fix any problems that may exist?? Do we really think we would look back and say "Yeah, if Elway only would have drafted that...lb (or whatever) this team would have been a much better team!?!? I don't get the problem?

Osweiler doesn't work out, or never starts.... so what? DO we really think that would be the "problem" (if any) of this franchise? Do we really think that Elway isn't "man enough" to fix any problems that may exist?? Do we really think we would look back and say "Yeah, if Elway only would have drafted that...lb (or whatever) this team would have been a much better team!?!? I don't get the problem?[/QUOTE]
it is this part that does concern me the most !
I honestly wonder if JFE will allow himself to see the true value in BO and bring in somebody else if warranted!
JFE seemed pretty stubborn and commited to the kid. he overlooked all the other rookie options in favor of his kids college roomate!
I love elway, see my sig!
that does not mean he aint human and subject to all the human frailties.
I guess we will have to wait and see, but for now the subject is BROCK, and i have expressed my concerns.
it sure would be nice to see BO on the field and do somethings to give me hope!
but let me be clear about this;
I hope to see brock with a clipboard, not a football on gameday for the next 3+ seasons !

Timmy!
12-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Omfg!!! The Broncos took a projected 2nd round qb in the 2nd round....and he gets to sit and learn from PFM for several years. This shit will not stand! Burn dove valley! Fire Elway! We must draft more qbs and sign free agent qbs, u know, cause we didnt already address that position!

Ravage!!!
12-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Omfg!!! The Broncos took a projected 2nd round qb in the 2nd round....and he gets to sit and learn from PFM for several years. This shit will not stand! Burn dove valley! Fire Elway! We must draft more qbs and sign free agent qbs, u know, cause we didnt already address that position!

YEah.. another retarded complaint for the sake of complaining.

Nomad
12-06-2012, 12:09 PM
me too!
It concerned me that BO got no time with or against any first string talent during the pre-season.
it concerned me that BO was not listed or EVER played as the #2 QB, and ONLY afer the press started HOUNDING JFE about the pecking order, did BO get awqarded the job without EARNING it on the field !
so yes, I am anxious to see BO, but only when the game is out of reach !
or maybe in week 17 when there is nothing to play for.
I hope BO is a the next aaron rogers and i look like a horses ass for my concern, i really do!
but up till now BO has shown me NOTHING to indicate that he is worthy of the title crowned prince, heir apparent, exclusive option to take over the thrown.
sorry.

I was just answering the OPs post.....didn't read the 5 pages of the thread. I don't think Osweiler is ready to prove himself as the heir but I guess I'm interested to see what he has learned so far from Manning.

rationalfan
12-06-2012, 12:16 PM
the back end of this thread wouldn't exist if people accepted the idea that not every draft pick will produce a good player; and one pick (save, maybe, the overall pick) isn't going to ruin a gm's/executive's career. check the draft stats, a lot of players don't succeed, and a lot of gms/executives aren't getting fired.

and even my comment is moot considered we have no idea, yet, if osweiler will be a good player. patience; i'm fine with it as long as the team is winning.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Omfg!!! The Broncos took a projected 2nd round qb in the 2nd round....and he gets to sit and learn from PFM for several years. This shit will not stand! Burn dove valley! Fire Elway! We must draft more qbs and sign free agent qbs, u know, cause we didnt already address that position!this is so far removed from what I have expressed as my concern it doesnt even warrant a response.
like all the other CCO you like to create drama and portray my comments as something far removed from what I actually posted.

thanks for continuing to diminuish the quality of the discussion and only fuel the fire of senseless hostility.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:36 PM
i was ok with the bo selection when it was made, even though i did not agree with it.
but after listening to JFE defend it, my concern level increased.
' again to be clear,

not because brock is not a viable candidate,
but because now it would appera that JFE has declared him an exclusive candidate.
yes, that concerns me !

Ravage!!!
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
but because now it would appera that JFE has declared him an exclusive candidate.
yes, that concerns me !

THats just ridiculous. But then, I think you like to live in the world of ridiculous.

Timmy!
12-06-2012, 12:46 PM
this is so far removed from what I have expressed as my concern it doesnt even warrant a response.
like all the other CCO you like to create drama and portray my comments as something far removed from what I actually posted.

thanks for continuing to diminuish the quality of the discussion and only fuel the fire of senseless hostility.

http://wemeantwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/hypocrisy.jpg

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:46 PM
so rav, you dont think JFE is fully commited to BO as the heir apparent?

Ravage!!!
12-06-2012, 12:48 PM
so rav, you dont think JFE is fully commited to BO as the heir apparent?

He better be!! Isn't that the point of drafting him to sit and learn behind Manning? I wouldn't want Elway to be anything OTHER than committed to Osweiler. It would be STUPID not to be. So yeah, I think Elway is absolutely committed to Brock. Why would he not be?

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:48 PM
http://wemeantwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/hypocrisy.jpg
cute, how about a hostility meter?

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:50 PM
He better be!! Isn't that the point of drafting him to sit and learn behind Manning? I wouldn't want Elway to be anything OTHER than committed to Osweiler. It would be STUPID not to be. So yeah, I think Elway is absolutely committed to Brock. Why would he not be?
so then why is my comment about him being 100 % commited so rediculous?

Ravage!!!
12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
so then why is my comment about him being 100 % commited so rediculous?

Because thats not the entirity of your comment. For one, you keep insisting that Elway "mortgaged" the future by taking Os. THen you keep insisting that Elway is so committed that he's somehow going to "stick" with him if he doesn't work out. All of which is ridiculous. None has any evidence of being real, and the "concerns" that Elway won't move on has absolutely ZERO base to it. Its nothing more than using a subject to badmouth Elway for the sake of complaining and badmouthing Elway... with NOTHING to back it up.

Elway drafted Os for the right reasons. To have a QB that has a lot of potential, that would have been a 1st round talent the following year, and getting him for a 2nd round pick while giving him the opportunity to sit behind a GREAT QB from which to learn. All the while, giving the Broncos "plan B" if Manning truly was too injured, too hurt, or just couldn't come back from the damage to the nerves in his neck.

You want to bitch moan and complain because now you dn't think we will/can/want to draft another QB later on down the years. Which makes no sense, because what would make that pick any more "safe" than the one we just did make? It's ridiculous to think that Elway doesn't have what it takes to simply realize that a 2nd round pick isn't the man, and if we NEED to, move on from him. When in reality, moving on from a 2nd round pick is MUCH easier than it would be had we waited and drafted a QB in the first after Manning retires.

Then there is your "100% committed." As if that doesn't change over time. OF COURSE Elway is 100% committed to Osweiler right now... he SHOULD be. I would be PISSED off as a fan if he wasn't. I don't know why you would want, and certainly expect, to read anything from Elway's quotes OTHER than him being 100% behind and supportive of Os as being our QB after Manning.

But the mere, ridiculous thought, that you want to break down... word for word... something Elway says at THIS point in Osweiler's career (or even Elway's for that matter)..and judge him as to what his intentions will be, his thought process will be, or how he perceives the SERIOUSNESS of his job by already proclaiming that he is SOOOO deeply invested in Brock Osweiler's success, (a second round pick), that he would be willing to put an inferior product on the field because HE doesn't have the CONFIDENCE to move on (.... IF.... such an action needs to be made)....... is absolutely absurd. Not only has Elway proved, thus far, that he is willing to take all the necessary steps that are needed to put Denver BACK up on top, but to think that Elway is somehow going to be "doubted" because he was smart enough to use a 2nd round pick on a potential QB, is yet another... over the top.... ridiculous.... and purely for the sake of throwing out gripes.... complaint that has no substance to it.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 02:27 PM
werll said. we will see how rediculous my concerns are. hopefully not for a very long time.
meanwhile i remain concerned while still considering JFE the greatest bronco ever, both on and off the field.
I hope that JFE will be just as objective as you hope! and that BO is the next aaron rogers.
i would love to be wrong on this one,but my concerns are far from rediculous, and there is no malaice in my concerns as you try to prtray them.

MOtorboat
12-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I honestly don't even know, even after six months and probably thousands of posts from Zam on this subject, exactly what his concern, or point, is.

No joke. I have no clue what he is arguing for or against.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I honestly don't even know, even after six months and probably thousands of posts from Zam on this subject, exactly what his concern, or point, is.

Osweiler may not work out. And if he doesn't, Zam can brag about it while the Broncos have problems. If Oz does well, Zam can say he's glad he was wrong. Win/Win for pessimists

MOtorboat
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Osweiler may not work out. And if he doesn't, Zam can brag about it while the Broncos have problems. If Oz does well, Zam can say he's glad he was wrong. Win/Win for pessimists

But he just said he doesn't have a problem with the pick.

:whoknows:

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM

No joke. I have no clue what he is arguing for or against.blind rage and pre-disposed hostility will do that.

MOtorboat
12-06-2012, 02:38 PM
blind rage and pre-disposed hostility will do that.

It probably has more to do with your lack of an ability to form proper sentences and paragraphs.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2012, 02:43 PM
But he just said he doesn't have a problem with the pick.

:whoknows:

我不知道贊在談論什麼。

swaiy
12-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Zam, you arent really a chef... are you? You damn near posted in every thread on the front page. You're probably burning dishes left and right!

Ravage!!!
12-06-2012, 02:47 PM

he says that he's "ok with the pick".. although he said that he feels some other position should have been taken.

He says his MAIN concern, for some reason, is that John is SOOO committed to Os, that if he doesn't work out, that John won't spend another draft pick on a QB because we "already have Os drafted".. thus, drafted Osweiler has somehow made it so that John won't be "WILLING" to draft another QB when the time comes. He feels that somehow, Elway has "mortgaged" the future and married the Broncos to Osweiler, a 2nd round pick, purely because Elway has stated that he wants Os to be the man after Manning retires.

Now this wouldn't REALLY be a problem, if Zam felt Os was a good QB. BUUUTT.... Zam feels the ONLY reason that Elway drafted Osweiler is because Os and John's son were friends in college. THUS, Zam feels that Elway is incapable of keeping his personal feelings out of work, and is running the Denver Broncos with nepotism rather than professionalism.

Nomad
12-06-2012, 02:49 PM
我不知道贊在談論什麼。

Is that a Confucius saying?:lol:

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM
he says that he's "ok with the pick".. although he said that he feels some other position should have been taken.

He says his MAIN concern, for some reason, is that John is SOOO committed to Os, that if he doesn't work out, that John won't spend another draft pick on a QB because we "already have Os drafted".. thus, drafted Osweiler has somehow made it so that John won't be "WILLING" to draft another QB when the time comes. He feels that somehow, Elway has "mortgaged" the future and married the Broncos to Osweiler, a 2nd round pick, purely because Elway has stated that he wants Os to be the man after Manning retires.

Now this wouldn't REALLY be a problem, if Zam felt Os was a good QB. BUUUTT.... Zam feels the ONLY reason that Elway drafted Osweiler is because Os and John's son were friends in college. THUS, Zam feels that Elway is incapable of keeping his personal feelings out of work, and is running the Denver Broncos with nepotism rather than professionalism.rav, I will be honest, there is an element of truth to all of your assertions. I thought the pick was questionable given PFMs window of opportunity. I was perplexed at JFEs fixation and I do think his "personnal" relationship with brock played a huge part in the selection process. so do others and they have intimated as much both publicly and privatly to JFE.
and thats why JFE has such a defensive posture about the pick !
john said SACRIFICE, not morgage, get it right or incure the wrath of MO !
we will see how willing JFE is to bring alternatives to dove valley.
we will see.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Zam, you arent really a chef... are you? You damn near posted in every thread on the front page. You're probably burning dishes left and right!no I dont burn dishes, all my dishes are oven safe and usually I put pans, not dishes in the oven.
I work at Hyatt House in scotsdale and I am the entire food and beverage department from 3pm untill 11 pm.
cook, busboy, waiter, bartender, host, dishwasher, roomservice waiter and anything and everything associated with food and beverage.
Am i a chef/
I graduted the CIA in december 1984.
I call myself a hospitality professional.

swaiy
12-06-2012, 03:21 PM
no I dont burn dishes, all my dishes are oven safe and usually I put pans, not dishes in the oven.
I work at Hyatt House in scotsdale and I am the entire food and beverage department from 3pm untill 11 pm.
cook, busboy, waiter, bartender, host, dishwasher, roomservice waiter and anything and everything associated with food and beverage.
Am i a chef/
I graduted the CIA in december 1984.
I call myself a hospitality professional.

I didnt literally mean dishes as in what you put food on lol

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 03:25 PM
um, I knew that.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 03:27 PM
swaiy,

I used to work as a waiter at a restaurant called Bobby Mc gees where everyone dressed in a costume.
CHEF ZAMBINI was one of the characters i played.

Day1BroncoFan
12-06-2012, 03:42 PM
This thread has become ridiculous. I say we put Os at safety and Champ at QB, problem solved.

rationalfan
12-06-2012, 03:49 PM
This thread has become ridiculous. I say we put Os at safety and Champ at QB, problem solved.

i would pay money to see champ play QB.

bcbronc
12-06-2012, 05:12 PM
i would pay money to see champ play QB.

I've honestly thought this would be a great way to make the probowl interesting...have the best defensive players in the league play offense and vice versa. And in barefeet on the beach.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 05:28 PM
yes, its rediculous to be concerned about who will play QB after PFM,
lets move on.
we should have the same laizes-faire atitude the cardinals fans did when warner was their QB.

Ravage!!!
12-06-2012, 05:31 PM
We have a young QB on the roster to learn. To worry "now".. and act as if all is lost when there hasn't been a single ounce of evidence to support your "concern"... is rIdiculous to say the least.

Tned
12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
我不知道贊在談論什麼。

-- -.-- / --. --- -.. --..-- / .- / ... .- .-.. .. . -. - / .--. --- .. -. - / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -... . / .- / -... .-.. . ... ... .. -. --. .-.-.-

Tned
12-06-2012, 05:36 PM
yes, its rediculous to be concerned about who will play QB after PFM,
lets move on.
we should have the same laizes-faire atitude the cardinals fans did when warner was their QB.

The problem is, the issue isn't about worrying who will play QB after Manning, but instead your unfounded assertion that Elway would damage the organization rather than admit Osweiler isn't the answer IF Osweiler turns out NOT to be the answer.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 05:48 PM
I never suggested that JFE woulkd intentionally harm the team, dont be rediculous. but would his ego compell him to hold on to a notion that others around him could see was not the best?
yes, of course.
would coach ryan deliberatly do something to damage the jests/
of course not. but is he going to start sanchez this week?
yes, and thats just lame stupid loyalty clouding his judgement!
The circumstances surrounding the brock pick have the potential to cloud JFE's judgement.
Taking him in the first place was already a cloudy issue. his defiant defense of the selection just paints tyhe corner a little tighter.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 05:51 PM
We have a young QB on the roster to learn. To worry "now".. and act as if all is lost when there hasn't been a single ounce of evidence to support your "concern"... is rIdiculous to say the least.
yes, I am definatly acting like all is lost, exactly.
wow, I came so close to throwing myself in front of oncoming traffic, thanks rav for talking me off the ledge.

Dzone
12-06-2012, 06:27 PM
LMAO!!!!!! funny ass thread

Tned
12-06-2012, 07:03 PM
yes, I am definatly acting like all is lost, exactly.
wow, I came so close to throwing myself in front of oncoming traffic, thanks rav for talking me off the ledge.

Sarcasm, especially bad sarcasm, is anger's ugly cousin.

Simple Jaded
12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Something tells me that if the Broncos start coming to the realization that Osweiler isn't the heir apparent they'll draft another QB in the meantime. Sorta like signing Mike Adams just 9 months after drafting two S's and extending Joe Mays (stop laughing) 9 months after drafting the MLB they thought would replace him.

It's absurd to insist that Elway will allow his ego to get in the way of being able to judge Osweiler's development.......

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 10:04 PM
if you say so.
osweiler is doing a great job tonight.

Nomad
12-06-2012, 10:06 PM
We won't see Osweiler tonight because Denver isn't going to blowout the Raiders.

BroncoJoe
12-06-2012, 10:08 PM
if you say so.
osweiler is doing a great job tonight.

Unfortunately, your brain has about the same level of activity.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Unfortunately, your brain has about the same level of activity.

Ben Roethlisberger:

its funy becuz both Oswyler on the feild and chef zams brain hav no activity. is wat he is saying