PDA

View Full Version : Do you realize

Northman
12-04-2012, 01:02 PM
That right now Manning has the second best Qb rating he has ever had in his entire career at 104.6? That's crazy.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2012, 01:17 PM
all with his neck about to "fall off."

NightTerror218
12-04-2012, 01:17 PM
and his noodle arm

BroncoNut
12-04-2012, 01:18 PM
qb ratings mean almost nothing to me. Until someone can explain to me how they are calculated, I'm not going to get a huge stiffy about this like Northman

Chef Zambini
12-04-2012, 01:26 PM
pfm...
he's good.
I hope those staples hold up.

CoachChaz
12-04-2012, 01:26 PM
...and all this without beating a legit playoff team. Wow.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2012, 01:27 PM
qb ratings mean almost nothing to me. Until someone can explain to me how they are calculated, I'm not going to get a huge stiffy about this like Northman

I honestly don't hold the QB rating to a very high regard, but when comparing one player to himself, its a nice little stat to see that he's playing as effeciently as he ever has.

BroncoNut
12-04-2012, 01:28 PM
...and all this without beating a legit playoff team. Wow.

well. we are a legit playoff team so put that in your ear and smoke it

CoachChaz
12-04-2012, 01:31 PM
well. we are a legit playoff team so put that in your ear and smoke it

True. We've done a great job of beating up on bad teams. I guess I'd just be a little more excited if our individual and team accomplishments came in wins against teams with winning records. We'll see how good this has made us pretty soon

Ravage!!!
12-04-2012, 01:31 PM
True. We've done a great job of beating up on bad teams. I guess I'd just be a little more excited if our individual and team accomplishments came in wins against teams with winning records. We'll see how good this has made us pretty soon

We can only play the teams on the schedule.

CoachChaz
12-04-2012, 01:33 PM
We can only play the teams on the schedule.

Not arguing. Just wishing we had more "tune up" opportunities throughout the season.

MileHighCrew
12-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I bet he is sleepless at night wondering how great his career could have been if he had been a Broncos all these years ;) GO BRONCOS

BroncoNut
12-04-2012, 01:34 PM

I see what you are saying, but I've noticed since I've followed the NFL that noone is really that effin good this time of the year. so we weren't able to beat Atlanta or the Texans a couple of months ago? really, what does that mean now? you know what I mean Chaz?

I was going to ask you , are youi still off the smokes with the ecig?

BroncoNut
12-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I bet he is sleepless at night wondering how great his career could have been if he had been a Broncos all these years ;) GO BRONCOS

who North? If he is, he is wasting his time.

OldschoolFreak
12-04-2012, 01:50 PM

Totally disagree. It's a little bit of a black box but is a good indicator of overall QB efficiency in it's consideration of completion %, TD/INT ratio, YPA, etc. Much more useful than some basic stat like yards, TDs, or YPC.

I really want PMFM to win the NFL QB rating crown this year--that will be the biggest statistical driver of a 5th MVP.

CoachChaz
12-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I see what you are saying, but I've noticed since I've followed the NFL that noone is really that effin good this time of the year. so we weren't able to beat Atlanta or the Texans a couple of months ago? really, what does that mean now? you know what I mean Chaz?

I was going to ask you , are youi still off the smokes with the ecig?

Yep. Friday will officially be my 10 month mark

NightTerror218
12-04-2012, 02:01 PM

I was glad we beat TB, they have been good lately.

BroncoNut
12-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Totally disagree. It's a little bit of a black box but is a good indicator of overall QB efficiency in it's consideration of completion %, TD/INT ratio, YPA, etc. Much more useful than some basic stat like yards, TDs, or YPC.

I really want PMFM to win the NFL QB rating crown this year--that will be the biggest statistical driver of a 5th MVP.

what are you disagreeing with? you like qb ratings apparently so good for you. Go jerk off all over them with North

BroncoNut
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I was glad we beat TB, they have been good lately.

if they were so good why did we beat them then?

BroncoNut
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Yep. Friday will officially be my 10 month mark

of pregnancy? damn Coach, have that baby already!!

NightTerror218
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
if they were so good why did we beat them then?

because we are better :2thumbs:

OldschoolFreak
12-04-2012, 02:17 PM
what are you disagreeing with? you like qb ratings apparently so good for you. Go jerk off all over them with North

No jerking necessary; all I'm saying is...

name a better single indicator of overall efficiency/effectiveness of a QB?

BroncoNut
12-04-2012, 02:20 PM
No jerking necessary; all I'm saying is...

name a better single indicator of overall efficiency/effectiveness of a QB?

I disagree. jerking is necessary.

my question is this osf. how is qbr calculated. show me an equation. what do the scores mean? what is the highest a qbrating can be?

Ravage!!!
12-04-2012, 02:47 PM

Problem with the QB ratings is that people use the QB rating to judge a QBs performance. It was designed and formulated in 1970 to give the layman an idea on how good a player is by giving a "NUMBER" to describe his abilities. Which, in itself, is pretty lame. Now remember, in in 1970, people didn't get to watch all the football games. Most got to watch 1 game a week, if that. They got their information from the newspapers the following day...thus rarely got to see everyone play...not to even mention actually compare them to every other QB in the league.

Now the QB rating is STILL using the same formula as it did back in 1973, and that's using the "average" of 1970 stats to give out the "number"...which is why the QB ratings of today's QBs are so much higher than those in the past.

Considering the amount of information that people have at their disposal, how much football is now available, how much more people know than they used to about football, not to mention the mere fact that people can watch ANY Game ..each and every Sunday.... has made the QB rating a stat that should be obsolete.

Not even mentioning the mere concept of trying to 'judge' a player's abilities and skills by comparing a mathematical number that was conceived by some made-up formula, that is using stats to base them on that are 40 years old......

Ravage!!!
12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I disagree. jerking is necessary.

my question is this osf. how is qbr calculated. show me an equation. what do the scores mean? what is the highest a qbrating can be?

This is the best explantion, as to the formula and how to calculate, that I've read... http://voices.yahoo.com/the-nfl-quarterback-rating-formula-guide-compute-6702518.html

Northman
12-04-2012, 03:11 PM

Would you rather be 8-8 and losing gamed 7-3?

Northman
12-04-2012, 03:16 PM
LOL, this thread really wasn't about the legitimacy of the Qb rating. Only that I found it interesting that at this stage of his career he has managed to do this. All while learning a new system. Playing with crappy receivers (allegedly), no running game, and a corner who is washed up and should be playing safety.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2012, 03:31 PM
LOL, this thread really wasn't about the legitimacy of the Qb rating. Only that I found it interesting that at this stage of his career he has managed to do this. All while learning a new system. Playing with crappy receivers (allegedly), no running game, and a corner who is washed up and should be playing safety.

yeah.. sorry about that. I agree. Considering the career that Manning has had, its pretty awesome that THIS season is one of his very highest!!

nyuk nyuk
12-04-2012, 08:30 PM
There's a reason the critics have long gone shut their mouths. :laugh::salute::elefant:

Softskull
12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I wonder what is QB rating is while fans are doing the wave?

nyuk nyuk
12-04-2012, 09:56 PM
That right now Manning has the second best Qb rating he has ever had in his entire career at 104.6? That's crazy.

Is there an article or stat sheet somewhere on this you can link us to? I'd like to throw it in some folks' faces. :D

nyuk nyuk
12-04-2012, 09:58 PM

:tsk::damnmate:

Undoubtedly down. How can you run a no-huddle and audible with that kind of racket? It throws off the whole offense.

MOtorboat
12-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Is there an article or stat sheet somewhere on this you can link us to? I'd like to throw it in some folks' faces. :D

Not sure if facetious, but:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12531/peyton-manning
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4256

BroncoNut
12-04-2012, 11:09 PM
do I realize what? that you are gay? Yes, as a matter of fact I do

Simple Jaded
12-04-2012, 11:40 PM
If only the Broncos losses had been to Oak, KC and Car instead three of the best teams in the league, then we'd have nothing to worry about.......Am I right?

Btw, the Patriots have beat two "legit playoff teams", the Colts and the Broncos. The Texans have beat three, GB, Chi and Den. Atlanta hasn't beat any team you could call "legit playoff teams".......

NightTrainLayne
12-05-2012, 12:04 AM
If only the Broncos losses had been to Oak, KC and Car instead three of the best teams in the league, then we'd have nothing to worry about.......Am I right?

Btw, the Patriots have beat two "legit playoff teams", the Colts and the Broncos. The Texans have beat three, GB, Chi and Den. Atlanta hasn't beat any team you could call "legit playoff teams".......

How come we don't count for Atlanta?

CrazyHorse
12-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Pittsburgh could be a playoff team.

Dapper Dan
12-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Were't we suppose to have the second toughest schedule in the NFL?

I Eat Staples
12-05-2012, 10:31 AM

The Texans lost to Green Bay.

We beat the Steelers and Bengals, both of which are playoff teams or at least playoff contenders. The Bucs are a playoff contender.

Northman
12-05-2012, 10:39 AM

Just look up peyton manning pro reference.

Davii
12-05-2012, 11:03 AM

I think his " shut the hell up" rating is close to 100%. Rumor has it that even Schiano didn't speak until his team had the ball.

Joker56
12-05-2012, 04:32 PM
i been a Lurker for years... had to jump in .... just had to....
you know... if we move Champ to safety i bet ya a million bucks Manning's qb rating will shoot through da roof....
whatcha all think ?

BroncoNut
12-05-2012, 04:33 PM
i been a Lurker for years... had to jump in .... just had to....
you know... if we move Champ to safety i bet ya a million bucks Manning's qb rating will shoot to da roof....
whatcha all think ?

I think you should go back to lurking

weazel
12-05-2012, 05:27 PM

even when you stare at North's avatar for a while?

Northman
12-06-2012, 12:13 PM

even when you stare at North's avatar for a while?

He prefers men.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 12:20 PM
what is her QB rating?

Poet
12-06-2012, 01:38 PM

Best. Quarterback. In. Football.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 02:06 PM
what I really dig is the R-E-S-P-E-C-T THAT pfm gets from all the other players and coaches during and especially after the game !
Thats great to see !

vandammage13
12-06-2012, 02:50 PM
all with his neck about to "fall off."

I know...what a bunch of morons...:behindsofa:

vandammage13
12-06-2012, 02:52 PM

I do agree its a bit troubling that the top 3 teams on the schedule we lost to them all...but at the same time, we played those teams at the beginning of the year and I think we are a much better team right now than we were in week 3.

We'll see in about 4 weeks how good we really are.

vandammage13
12-06-2012, 02:57 PM

Broncos?

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 02:58 PM
I know...what a bunch of morons...:behindsofa:

those were MOSTLY tebow enthusiasts so they were morons before PFM entered the equasion !

Ravage!!!
12-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I do agree its a bit troubling that the top 3 teams on the schedule we lost to them all...but at the same time, we played those teams at the beginning of the year and I think we are a much better team right now than we were in week 3.

We'll see in about 4 weeks how good we really are.

Not only did we lose to them early in the year, when the opposing teams had QBs that have been with their teams for some time, we can literally SEE the improvement of our team as we have moved through the season. I'm not so sure we can say the same thing about the teams we lost to.

After all, didn't he Falcons lose to the Saints, barely beat the Raiders, and won by just a single point against the Bucs? All teams have their ups and downs, and we just happened to have the toughest schedule in the NFL during our first 5 weeks of the season.

Right now, my biggest concern for this team is not who we play against, but injuries. The lost of McGahee is going to be a giant loss later down the road.

BroncoNut
12-06-2012, 03:15 PM
He prefers men.

I'll take a man for a lover, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I prefer them over a female lover.

Poet
12-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I'll take a man for a lover, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I prefer them over a female lover.

This explains...nothing actually.

BroncoNut
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
This explains...nothing actually.

what is that supposed to mean? I think the post is pretty clear.

Poet
12-06-2012, 03:19 PM
what is that supposed to mean? I think the post is pretty clear.

I feel that you need to read what I po....you know what? Nevermind. Be yourself.

BroncoNut
12-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I feel that you need to read what I po....you know what? Nevermind. Be yourself.
Ok. I will continue on with kicking your ass. thanks :hi:

Poet
12-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Ok. I will continue on with kicking your ass. thanks :hi:

:laugh: