PDA

View Full Version : Two days to first glimpse!

Dirk
08-12-2009, 07:12 AM
I know that the first preseason game is filled with mistakes and inconsistant play but I am getting energized!

I can't wait to see the boys back on the field against San Fran this Friday. This has been such a long and rocky offseason.

Lots of changes around the team. Coaches, players, defensive scheme, offensive scheme.

It's going to be a whole new era starting this year with the Broncos. Hopefully it will be for the best!!

I will be extremely happy if they can be a .500 club this year with all the changes. But if they aren't I won't be asking for the head of McD or Nolan as I know that it takes time to install new schemes and to get everyone on board.

My one hope is that they continue to grow and get better as the season progresses to give us a much better team in 2010. Of course I won't be disapointed if they make the playoffs. :D

I ask that those McD haters give the man a chance to get this thing going. It won't happen over night. So try not to call for his head after the first few games. Even though I know the love for the team will get you going. :lol:

I believe we will see a whole new look and feel to the Broncos and once it clicks....it is going to be awesome!

CoachChaz
08-12-2009, 07:21 AM
I know that the first preseason game is filled with mistakes and inconsistant play but I am getting energized!

I can't wait to see the boys back on the field against San Fran this Friday. This has been such a long and rocky offseason.

Lots of changes around the team. Coaches, players, defensive scheme, offensive scheme.

It's going to be a whole new era starting this year with the Broncos. Hopefully it will be for the best!!

I will be extremely happy if they can be a .500 club this year with all the changes. But if they aren't I won't be asking for the head of McD or Nolan as I know that it takes time to install new schemes and to get everyone on board.

My one hope is that they continue to grow and get better as the season progresses to give us a much better team in 2010. Of course I won't be disapointed if they make the playoffs. :D

I ask that those McD haters give the man a chance to get this thing going. It won't happen over night. So try not to call for his head after the first few games. Even though I know the love for the team will get you going. :lol:

I believe we will see a whole new look and feel to the Broncos and once it clicks....it is going to be awesome!

You may as well ask everyone to send you a check for $100. No way in hell ill the haters give McD, Nolan or anyone more than 10 minutes to prove their worth. Even if we win 40-0...they'll find something to bitch about

Dirk
08-12-2009, 07:34 AM
You may as well ask everyone to send you a check for $100. No way in hell ill the haters give McD, Nolan or anyone more than 10 minutes to prove their worth. Even if we win 40-0...they'll find something to bitch about

You are probably right. But I had to say it. ;)

MasterShake
08-12-2009, 07:40 AM
You are probably right. But I had to say it. ;)

At least Broncos fans are consistent and stubborn. You can hate a QB all the way to the AFC Championship game in this town! :lol:

For the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to having FOUR preseason games. I think we are going to need them all just to learn all the new names. I have my little program I got at the Invesco Field training camp and I've been studying it like crazy trying to see who's who.

Dirk
08-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Living in Missouri I can't go to the training camps. This year more than any in a long time I wish I could go.

CoachChaz
08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
If nothing else, things will be interesting all season.

T.K.O.
08-12-2009, 10:53 AM
i'm so stoked i could......do some crazy things people do when they're stoked !!!
i am leaving for the bay area (sf) on sunday,had i not been such a dumas i would have planned my trip a few days earlier and been at the sf game (doh !)
but the good news is i close my business at 8 friday night so at least i get to watch the first game live !:couch2::

TXBRONC
08-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm always excited at this time of the year because its the start of a new season, and its getting my first real look at the new guys on the team.

I'm not meaning to be a wet blanket but I do caution people not get overly excited should Denver win this game or for that matter if they should have a winning record in the preseason. I would image that McDaniels is going to keep things very vanilla on both sides of the ball.

T.K.O.
08-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm always excited at this time of the year because its the start of a new season, and its getting my first real look at the new guys on the team.

I'm not meaning to be a wet blanket but I do caution people not get overly excited should Denver win this game or for that matter if they should have a winning record in the preseason. I would image that McDaniels is going to keep things very vanilla on both sides of the ball.

i do know better than to put too much stock in preseason performance and/or record ,however i think i heard somewhere that only a couple teams that went 0-4 in the preseason have ever made the playoffs.
so it does give you some idea where you stand with the rest of the league.
and as for mcd throwing out vanilla gameplans,im not so sure .
in his recent interview he made it pretty clear he wants the team to experience as much real game time as possible.
he did say the gameplan would be a bit less than when the season starts,but it sounded to me like he wants to "test" his players and really see where they are at in the playbook as well !:salute: