PDA

View Full Version : 950 The Fan reports Cutler......

Nomad
11-05-2007, 10:39 AM
They reported from a source that Cutler was done for the year. I don't know how credible and I guess we'll have to wait till it comes from the horses mouth (Shanahan) but this will be the biggest hit yet of the season, if the news is true!

SR
11-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I haven't been able to find anything anywhere. I checked the Post, the DRMN, ESPN, and every other NFL site I know and I haven't seen anything. Most of them just have a blurb about him being carted off the field and awaiting an MRI.

Nomad
11-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I don't know SR! I don't live in Denver but listening to 950 over the computer! And The Sports Guys named the source (I forgot) and was going to talk about it this hour or until more info is given out. That's why I'm in question to the folks who live in the Denver area. if i hear more I'll let you know. Can you listen to 950 on the computer you are on.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't know SR! I don't live in Denver but listening to 950 over the computer! And The Sports Guys named the source (I forgot) and was going to talk about it this hour or until more info is given out. That's why I'm in question to the folks who live in the Denver area. if i hear more I'll let you know. Can you listen to 950 on the computer you are on.

I have been listening to them since 7:00, and I also heard Mike Evans say that it is reported that Cecil Lamey has said that Cutler will be out for the remainder of the year, and they were trying to get in touch with Cecil to confirm, and find out how Cecil knew. They go off at 10:00, and Jim Rome is then on, so they do not have much longer to confirm this with Cecil.

SR
11-05-2007, 11:42 AM

I tried, but it won't let me pick up streaming media. I just keep checking the News sources online and ESPN...still nothing.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2007, 11:59 AM
I tried, but it won't let me pick up streaming media. I just keep checking the News sources online and ESPN...still nothing.

I just heard that Lamey's sources are from footballguys.com. I have not had time to check that out.

Medford Bronco
11-05-2007, 12:06 PM
It looks like 4-12 is a real possiblity

:sad:

Ramsey is not that bad, but if he does not get time, he gets really
antsy and this offensive line with out Nalen and Hamilton is really sucky now

speardog
11-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Seasons over. Cut Adams, Lynch and Rice and get playing time for the youngsters.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Guys I don't its one source. If he were done the Sports Media Outlets like ESPN would have been on it by now.

Nick
11-05-2007, 12:54 PM
First post in thread was 7 somthing in morning... before any MRI was done. It is a possibility he could be done... but no one knows yet.

Nomad
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Guys I don't its one source. If he were done the Sports Media Outlets like ESPN would have been on it by now.

Reading at BM, some poster said he had a hairline fracture. Now what news source I don't know. But if it's just a hairline fracture, I don't see Denver risking him coming back even with two or three games left. I don't know I'm not much on finding news. Now Rome is on and 950 isn't reporting anything!

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Reading at BM, some poster said he had a hairline fracture. Now what news source I don't know. But if it's just a hairline fracture, I don't see Denver risking him coming back even with two or three games left. I don't know I'm not much on finding news. Now Rome is on and 950 isn't reporting anything!

Rome is usually right on top of things like that. It would be big news if it were really bad. A hair line fracture yea I could see where you could be right about that. At least it wouldn't be an ACL.

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Rome is usually right on top of things like that. It would be big news if it were really bad. A hair line fracture yea I could see where you could be right about that. At least it wouldn't be an ACL.

If it is a hairline fracture they can plate it and he could be playing this weekend.. Well maybe not football but he could be playing very soon. He needs to be on the field getting experience, even if we lose, he is getting reps at NFL speed. .. Leach as a B/U QB is not wise..

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
If it is a hairline fracture they can plate it and he could be playing this weekend.. Well maybe not football but he could be playing very soon. He needs to be on the field getting experience, even if we lose, he is getting reps at NFL speed. .. Leach as a B/U QB is not wise..

Agreed, at the same time I could see Shanahan keeping him on the sideline for a weeks as well.

Nomad
11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't know! But I don't want everyone rowled up. I was only listening to The Fan this morning and questioned people living in the area, but the BRONCOS news conference is at 2:30 (Central Time) on FSRM Channel 645 on Directv so I'll shut up until I hear the news from Shanahan!

underrated29
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I SAW ON CBS, that jay said it might be a hairline, but he thinks he should be ready to go next week.

It does not sound that bad and if he misses time it will only be a week or two, not full season

Krugan
11-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Im just going to give the answer we will here from shanny, "its seems to be pretty minor at this point, we will see how he progresses during the week, and go from there".

Then come sunday Cutler will be questionable, and wont play.

The following week will be more fluff, with a 2nd week out.

Week 3 of the injury the truth will come out.

No matter what the extent of he Injury may be, we wont know the truth until he either has surgery or cant go for an extended period of time.

NameUsedBefore
11-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Or, vice versa, he plays this coming week :D

Krugan
11-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Or, vice versa, he plays this coming week :D

Okay okay, or what you said!

champbronc2
11-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I heard there should be an update around 6 PM ET today?

Maybe MT, but there should be an MRI update.

Also Cutler said it was probably a hairline fracture.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 03:21 PM
You know guys something else to keep in mind is that when Jay returned from the locker room to the field he wasn't on crutches and he was baring weight on his leg while he was on the sideline.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
You can put weight on a hairline fracture.

Tned-Mobile
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
anyone watching the press conference?

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 03:31 PM
anyone watching the press conference?

Is it on right now?

Tned-Mobile
11-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Is it on right now?
yes. fox rocky mountain. door closed

SBboundBRONCOS
11-05-2007, 03:37 PM
im listening to it and they said x-ray negative mri negative but he is very sore

and of course we will know more on wednesday lol

Nomad
No stress fracture! Badly bruised! Shanny doesn't know! So he's keeping a tight lip! Watching the conf. at the moment

SBboundBRONCOS
no stress fracture or anything so it looks good for the season but not sure about the next week or 2

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 03:38 PM
im listening to it and they said x-ray negative mri negative but he is very sore

and of course we will know more on wednesday lol

That's still a very good sign.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 03:39 PM
no stress fracture or anything so it looks good for the season but not sure about the next week or 2

I would rather they let him sit than risk further injury.

By the way thanks for the updates.

Nomad
11-05-2007, 03:40 PM
That's still a very good sign.

This is the news I was hoping for and not the rumors that floated around, but still let Cutler take his time coming back!

Uncle Buck
11-05-2007, 03:41 PM

I just heard the same, but that he may practice on Wed. Still questionable if he plays this Sun, however...

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 03:41 PM
This is the news I was hoping for and not the rumors that floated around, but still let Cutler take his time coming back!

I couldn't agree more.

Astrass
11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
oh man, thats good news

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 04:26 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/breakingnewsalerts/local_story_309152005.html

(CBS4/AP) DENVER Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler had an MRI on his lower left leg and it came back negative, Head Coach Mike Shanahan said Monday.

Shanahan said he wasn't sure if Cutler could play Sunday and he would know more during practice on Wednesday.

Cutler left the game early in the second quarter Sunday when his legs and ankles were twisted as Shaun Rogers sacked him, then another Lions player hit him as he was going down. He did not return to the game.

"I got hit with a helmet on the outside of my leg," he said Sunday.

Cutler was helped off the field and was later taken off it on a cart as he unstrapped his shoulder pads. He was 3-for-4 for 20 yards.

Patrick Ramsey replaced him, then completed his first pass of the season to give the Broncos a first down.

Ramsey completed 29 of 46 passes for 262 yards with a touchdown pass in the final minutes, an interception and one fumble that was returned for a score.

Running back Travis Henry did not play in the fourth quarter after hurting his left knee, but said he felt fine after the game. Henry was held to 31 yards rushing on nine carries.

McKeough
11-05-2007, 05:01 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/11/05/shanahan-fireside-week-9/

Bruised leg, still sore, but no fracture.

Yeesh, I'm surprised after all the injuries we've had this year. I half expected his leg to be shattered in 29 different places and require 312 screws with several metal plates. :rolleyes:

-EDIT- I see after reading the "950 The Fan reports Cutler......" that these articles are posted there too, but their buried amongst posts that say he's done for the season and other conflicting reports.

Just thought it'd be a good idea to have a post that doesn't give both messages about his injury, but delete it needed.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 05:15 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/11/05/shanahan-fireside-week-9/

Bruised leg, still sore, but no fracture.

Yeesh, I'm surprised after all the injuries we've had this year. I half expected his leg to be shattered in 29 different places and require 312 screws with several metal plates. :rolleyes:

-EDIT- I see after reading the "950 The Fan reports Cutler......" that these articles are posted there too, but their buried amongst posts that say he's done for the season and other conflicting reports.

Just thought it'd be a good idea to have a post that doesn't give both messages about his injury, but delete it needed.

I'm glad the report that was given to start this thread was wrong.

Medford Bronco
11-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I would have him sit vs a very good KC defense

Have him stronger for the following week.

Its not like the QB play lost totally.

this team has a million problems and I would want a healthy Cutler and hope
he can improve more as the season wears on

this season IMO is lost anyways, a miracle is needed to stop the run as the personel is putrid....

focus on being in games and having a chance to win IMHO

we shall see. I still do not feel good at all. :mad:
remember I have taken enough crap to last a lifetime here in Boston
and I do not hate the Pats players etc, I quite enjoy Brady this year. He is having a seson we will probably never see again. its truely remarkable.......its the arrogance in the media around here that is mind-boggling.....

and some of the fans are just plain morons (some are good but at least half are not) they see Med in a Denver jacket and start :laugh: at him..

its like kicking a dog when he is down.....where were they as Pats fans in 1990 when they were 1-15 and pretty pathetic when the last game of the year vs the Giants, more Giant fans were there?

My friend who is a Redskins fans, said that football teams are like the stock market, what comes up must eventually come down..

the 49ers of the 80s and now
Dallas is good now but before Parcels they sucked really bad

or some teams always suck.....case in point, the Arizona Cardinals, they have talent and still suck.. their new coach there has to change the culture and I think eventually will, but still has an uphill battle

sorry for the rant.......been a crappy weekend of sports in general

jlarsiii
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I would have him sit vs a very good KC defense

Have him stronger for the following week.

Its not like the QB play lost totally.

this team has a million problems and I would want a healthy Cutler and hope
he can improve more as the season wears on

this season IMO is lost anyways, a miracle is needed to stop the run as the personel is putrid....

focus on being in games and having a chance to win IMHO

we shall see. I still do not feel good at all. :mad:

remember I have taken enough crap to last a lifetime here in Boston
and I do not hate the Pats players etc, I quite enjoy Brady this year. He is having a seson we will probably never see again. its truely remarkable.......its the arrogance in the media around here that is mind-boggling.....

and some of the fans are just plain morons (some are good but at least half are not) they see Med in a Denver jacket and start :laugh: at him..

its like kicking a dog when he is down.....where were they as Pats fans in 1990 when they were 1-15 and pretty pathetic when the last game of the year vs the Giants, more Giant fans were there?

My friend who is a Redskins fans, said that football teams are like the stock market, what comes up must eventually come down..

the 49ers of the 80s and now
Dallas is good now but before Parcels they sucked really bad

or some teams always suck.....case in point, the Arizona Cardinals, they have talent and still suck.. their new coach there has to change the culture and I think eventually will, but still has an uphill battle

sorry for the rant.......been a crappy weekend of sports in general

Don't worry about it MB. We, as fans, are destined to have down seasons. No one is going to be good forever. That is why we bask in the glory of it all when we have really good seasons. It fades so fast. Even as you have to deal with every fair weather fan in New England just take comfort in knowing that they will fade as fast as they arrived.

At least you know what you are, and you represent it well. That is more than most can say about the fans that are around today. So many are only around for the good times, and they abandon their teams as soon as the going gets tough.

We will have our day, and when that day comes you can throw it in the face of all of those that didn't join you if you so feel like it. Just be prepared for it to take awhile. Nothing that is truly good in this life really comes easy after all.

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Don't worry about it MB. We, as fans, are destined to have down seasons. No one is going to be good forever. That is why we bask in the glory of it all when we have really good seasons. It fades so fast. Even as you have to deal with every fair weather fan in New England just take comfort in knowing that they will fade as fast as they arrived.

At least you know what you are, and you represent it well. That is more than most can say about the fans that are around today. So many are only around for the good times, and they abandon their teams as soon as the going gets tough.

We will have our day, and when that day comes you can throw it in the face of all of those that didn't join you if you so feel like it. Just be prepared for it to take awhile. Nothing that is truly good in this life really comes easy after all.

the problem with NE is they are good and have a great front office to go with the coaches..

Until that changes expect them to be contenders.. Remember how many Championship games they have went to since craft bought the team..

They will not fade or implode like DEN is doing now..

Medford Bronco
11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
the problem with NE is they are good and have a great front office to go with the coaches..

Until that changes expect them to be contenders.. Remember how many Championship games they have went to since craft bought the team..

They will not fade or implode like DEN is doing now..

JR I do not think it is about NE fading now.
jarsi was pointing out fair weather fans and all teams have
them when their team is crappy.

Life is like a circle. the NFL is not like Mlb where you can spend to keep your team good for a long time,

Brady will eventually retire and the Pats will be looking for the next Brady.
they sure do not have it in Matt Cassell

look over 10 years and all teams transition

I give NE full credit and like I have said, I admire how awesome they are.

maybe Shanny can take and learn from them. Build from the draft etc.

free agent signings will never get it done, unless its one or two pieces
Like Adalius Thomas and Randy Moss. for NE. etc.

or for Denver in 97 getting Neil Smith to help on the line....God I miss him, he was a fun guy to watch..

its all about focusing on my "for entertainment purposes only pools" now
My favorite color is Green where the loyatlity is in winning etc :salute:

thanks for cheering me up some. great insights from both of you.

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
JR I do not think it is about NE fading now.
jarsi was pointing out fair weather fans and all teams have
them when their team is crappy.

Life is like a circle. the NFL is not like Mlb where you can spend to keep your team good for a long time,

Brady will eventually retire and the Pats will be looking for the next Brady.
they sure do not have it in Matt Cassell

look over 10 years and all teams transition

I give NE full credit and like I have said, I admire how awesome they are.

maybe Shanny can take and learn from them. Build from the draft etc.

free agent signings will never get it done, unless its one or two pieces
Like Adalius Thomas and Randy Moss. for NE. etc.

or for Denver in 97 getting Neil Smith to help on the line....God I miss him, he was a fun guy to watch..

its all about focusing on my "for entertainment purposes only pools" now
My favorite color is Green where the loyatlity is in winning etc :salute:

thanks for cheering me up some. great insights from both of you.

good post.

But I think the front ofice there will pull another brady type out of their pocket when he goes.. They have lost more to FA than any other team and are still top notch..

I do not have ANY CONFIDENCE that mikey will learn from them about drafting you base team...

Krugan
11-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Well, the way this season is going, there is a pretty good chance denver will be able to pick in the top 12 or so without having to trade picks to move up.

This is how you start to build, you need to get nice high picks:P

omac
11-05-2007, 11:00 PM
good post.

But I think the front ofice there will pull another brady type out of their pocket when he goes.. They have lost more to FA than any other team and are still top notch..

I do not have ANY CONFIDENCE that mikey will learn from them about drafting you base team...

Moss, Crowder, and Thomas have had significant impact in games, and it's only their rookie season. Dumervil's already proven his worth, and D.J.'s a pretty good linebacker. Scheffler's proving to be an excellent clutch receiving tight end. Cutler's arquably the best QB we've had since Elway. We've also had great free agent acquisitions during the offseason. The injuries are something Shanny can't control. Despite that, you have no confidence in Shanny? To each his own I guess.

Oh, and when the Patriots picked up Brady, it wasn't them being smart. They gravely underestimated his worth, or they would've taken him in the 1st or 2nd or even 3rd round. They got him in the 6th round. They picked Adrian Klemm, J.R. Redmond, Greg Randall, Dave Stachelski, Jeff Marriott, and Antwan Harris before they picked Tom Brady, and none of these guys are on the team's roster. So it wasn't brilliant of them getting Brady in the 6th; they severely underestimated his worth, as did the whole league. They were pretty lucky in that one. That's pretty different from the Colts, who picked Peyton over Ryan Leaf; now that was a great decision.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Moss, Crowder, and Thomas have had significant impact in games, and it's only their rookie season. Dumervil's already proven his worth, and D.J.'s a pretty good linebacker. Scheffler's proving to be an excellent clutch receiving tight end. Cutler's arquably the best QB we've had since Elway. We've also had great free agent acquisitions during the offseason. The injuries are something Shanny can't control. Despite that, you have no confidence in Shanny? To each his own I guess.

Oh, and when the Patriots picked up Brady, it wasn't them being smart. They gravely underestimated his worth, or they would've taken him in the 1st or 2nd or even 3rd round. They got him in the 6th round. They picked Adrian Klemm, J.R. Redmond, Greg Randall, Dave Stachelski, Jeff Marriott, and Antwan Harris before they picked Tom Brady, and none of these guys are on the team's roster. So it wasn't brilliant of them getting Brady in the 6th; they severely underestimated his worth, as did the whole league. They were pretty lucky in that one. That's pretty different from the Colts, who picked Peyton over Ryan Leaf; now that was a great decision.

Over the last two how have Patriots picks fared? Not too good. If they're re scent draft picks were as productive as they thought they would be, they wouldn't have dipped into free agency to get Adulis Thomas and Randy Moss.

Medford Bronco
11-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Over the last two how have Patriots picks fared? Not too good. If they're re scent draft picks were as productive as they thought they would be, they wouldn't have dipped into free agency to get Adulis Thomas and Randy Moss.

But to compare the Pats whole defensive line has been high picks for the most part since 2001

futer HOFer Richard Seymor (at least in my eyes)
Vince Wilfork and the very very underrated Ty Warren.

now thats a defensive line and they also have drafted
a very good offensvie line and filled in with some free agents.

Brady may have been lucky but to all those who do not know
Brady has worked extremely hard at getting better. when he
was behind Bledsoe in 2000, his release was very slow and he was not
strong..He studies as hard as any QB in this league

now the flamable statement. If Cutler is 3/4 as good as Brady in
his career, he will be very very successful.

Hate him or not, he deserves tons of credit. and he has
so much intensity it is not even funny...He wants to be perfect
and has been unbelieveable this year. If NE wins the super Bowl, this
will go down as one of the best all time seasons a Qb has had..
Brady is a good teammate, unlike Peyton Manning. he will never throw
his own team under the bus....and please spare me the system QB crap.
as some might say. ...hate him, but he is great and is one of the 10 best
all time already and will be in the top 3 IMHO by his retirement.

TXBRONC
11-06-2007, 12:28 AM
But to compare the Pats whole defensive line has been high picks for the most part since 2001

futer HOFer Richard Seymor (at least in my eyes)
Vince Wilfork and the very very underrated Ty Warren.

now thats a defensive line and they also have drafted
a very good offensvie line and filled in with some free agents.

Brady may have been lucky but to all those who do not know
Brady has worked extremely hard at getting better. when he
was behind Bledsoe in 2000, his release was very slow and he was not
strong..He studies as hard as any QB in this league

now the flamable statement. If Cutler is 3/4 as good as Brady in
his career, he will be very very successful.

Hate him or not, he deserves tons of credit. and he has
so much intensity it is not even funny...He wants to be perfect
and has been unbelieveable this year. If NE wins the super Bowl, this
will go down as one of the best all time seasons a Qb has had..
Brady is a good teammate, unlike Peyton Manning. he will never throw
his own team under the bus....and please spare me the system QB crap.
as some might say. ...hate him, but he is great and is one of the 10 best
all time already and will be in the top 3 IMHO by his retirement.

That same group on its own wasn't enough to beat the Colts last year. They went after big names something they hadn't done up to this point under Belichek.

Over the last two drafts who have the Patriots picked that is a stand out? That was my point.

Medford Bronco
11-06-2007, 12:32 AM
That same group on its own wasn't enough to beat the Colts last year. They went after big names something they hadn't done up to this point under Belichek.

Over the last two drafts who have the Patriots picked that is a stand out? That was my point.

Its hard to have great players drafting 28-30 every year.

I understand TX to a point but they only needed a couple of pieces to get
to the promised land. they have already won 3 Super Bowls with a great mix...

FA is okay IMHO if you need it to finish a team, not build one as Shanny has tried to do the last few years very unsuccessfully for the most part, except for 05.. the drafting here has been average to below average at best.

TXBRONC
11-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Its hard to have great players drafting 28-30 every year.

I understand TX to a point but they only needed a couple of pieces to get
to the promised land. they have already won 3 Super Bowls with a great mix...

FA is okay IMHO if you need it to finish a team, not build one as Shanny has tried to do the last few years very unsuccessfully for the most part, except for 05.. the drafting here has been average to below average at best.

Absolutely its tough to get great players when you're consistantly drafting in the bottom portion of the 1st round.

I agree that they only need a few pieces to make a serious run because still have relatively young nucleus.

I disagree with you that Shanahan has tried to just build the team through free agency. He has been using the draft just not as successfully the Patriots have until recently. He has leaned heavier on free agency than the draft but it's not like abandoned either from my perspective. The Redskins in my opinion fit your discription better than the Broncos in my opinion.

Lonestar
11-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Absolutely its tough to get great players when you're consistantly drafting in the bottom portion of the 1st round.

I agree that they only need a few pieces to make a serious run because still have relatively young nucleus.

I disagree with you that Shanahan has tried to just build the team through free agency. He has been using the draft just not as successfully the Patriots have until recently. He has leaned heavier on free agency than the draft but it's not like abandoned either from my perspective. The Redskins in my opinion fit your discription better than the Broncos in my opinion.

With the exception of 2007 draft how many DL types has mikey picked that had an impact? UNO that was price the rest of his DL players have been Fa's and cast offs. I'll take that back he also took berry but did not have the brains to keep him.

Sorry but I'll take the genius and front office in NE any day of the week over what we have in DEN controlling this melt down. I use that term as a negative Mikey has slowly degraded this team since the super bowl years with his masterstroke genius of DAFTING those players. Until 2005 with the CB draft he had never drafted a CB that was worth a damn either. His only successes at drafting were LB's and late round Oline guys.

Now granted so far the 2005 draft was the start to rebuilding this team,he had a strong year SO FAR in 2006 and 07. But the years before well IMO they sucked.

omac
11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Well, Deltha O'Neal had a pretty good 2001 season in Denver with 9 interceptions. He later had a pretty good 2005 season in Cincy with 10 interceptions. He's also been a pro-bowler. So maybe he did pick a corner in the draft with potential.

TXBRONC
11-06-2007, 01:08 PM
With the exception of 2007 draft how many DL types has mikey picked that had an impact? UNO that was price the rest of his DL players have been Fa's and cast offs. I'll take that back he also took berry but did not have the brains to keep him.

Sorry but I'll take the genius and front office in NE any day of the week over what we have in DEN controlling this melt down. I use that term as a negative Mikey has slowly degraded this team since the super bowl years with his masterstroke genius of DAFTING those players. Until 2005 with the CB draft he had never drafted a CB that was worth a damn either. His only successes at drafting were LB's and late round Oline guys.

Now granted so far the 2005 draft was the start to rebuilding this team,he had a strong year SO FAR in 2006 and 07. But the years before well IMO they sucked.

Hmm. First all Denver didn't draft Berry the brought him in via free agency. Bertrand Berry? He has yet to play a full season and hasn't had double digit sacks in the last two years because he can't stay healthy.

Wait a minute Jr you said yourself there is new sheriff in town (Jim Bates) and he's the one actually making the picks. Which is Shanahan or Bates. Or isn't Shanahan problem if they fail and Bates genuis if they succeed?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BerrBe99.htm

Year TM | G | Tkl Ast Sack INT PD FF FR |
+----------+-----+-----------------------------------+
| 1997 ind | | |
| 1998 ind | | |
| 1999 ind | | |
| 2001 den | | |
| 2002 den | 10 | 10 2 6.5 0 0 0 2 |
| 2003 den | 14 | 24 13 11.0 0 4 3 1 |
| 2004 ari | 14 | 39 9 13.5 0 4 4 2 |
| 2005 ari | 8 | 24 10 5.5 0 1 2 1 |
| 2006 ari | 10 | 20 3 6.0 0 2 3 1 |

He hasn't drafted a corner that is worth a damn? You're mistaken, O'Neal as omac mentioned has been a pro bowler and I also be to differ with you about Darrent Williams and Foxworth.
| TOTAL* | 56 | 117 37 42.5 0 11 12 7

BCJ
11-06-2007, 03:44 PM
reporting rumors without a source or facts makes threads horrible. Links would help on seriousness like this.

TXBRONC
11-06-2007, 05:47 PM
reporting rumors without a source or facts makes threads horrible. Links would help on seriousness like this.

The person who started this thread give a source. It was the radio station 950 The Fan.

Lonestar
11-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Well, Deltha O'Neal had a pretty good 2001 season in Denver with 9 interceptions. He later had a pretty good 2005 season in Cincy with 10 interceptions. He's also been a pro-bowler. So maybe he did pick a corner in the draft with potential.

yet for almost every pick he made, the wr's ran by him for score shortly thereafter. he cost us more points than he got us.. He was a head case then and still is.. picks mean next to nothing if you give the points back soon thereafter..

Lonestar
11-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Hmm. First all Denver didn't draft Berry the brought him in via free agency. Bertrand Berry? He has yet to play a full season and hasn't had double digit sacks in the last two years because he can't stay healthy.

Wait a minute Jr you said yourself there is new sheriff in town (Jim Bates) and he's the one actually making the picks. Which is Shanahan or Bates. Or isn't Shanahan problem if they fail and Bates genuis if they succeed?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BerrBe99.htm

Year TM | G | Tkl Ast Sack INT PD FF FR |
| 1997 ind | | |
| 1998 ind | | |
| 1999 ind | | |
| 2001 den | | |
| 2002 den | 10 | 10 2 6.5 0 0 0 2 |
| 2003 den | 14 | 24 13 11.0 0 4 3 1 |
| 2004 ari | 14 | 39 9 13.5 0 4 4 2 |
| 2005 ari | 8 | 24 10 5.5 0 1 2 1 |
| 2006 ari | 10 | 20 3 6.0 0 2 3 1 |

He hasn't drafted a corner that is worth a damn? You're mistaken, O'Neal as omac mentioned has been a pro bowler and I also be to differ with you about Darrent Williams and Foxworth.
| TOTAL* | 56 | 117 37 42.5 0 11 12 7

Your corret it was the other DE that got away i forget his name right.
Actually both of them got away one to JAX and the other to PHX. Heyward maybe jus treally tired and not on my noramal keyboard so bear with me.

Darrent was a decent CB nothing spectacular certainly not a champ. Good stater material for teh most part yet lots of folks wanted to see him replaced last year near the end of the year and then he was killed which made him better in everyones mind than he actually was..

BAte I beleive had a lottosay with who was brught in and drafted. Weall know tha mikey has the final say but I think a condition of Bates coming to town was he got a BIG commitment from Mikey that the D side woudl be his to run. Has it wne tacording to plan nope. But then with the injuries and the lack of getting one more fat DT I use the term fat for massive clogger ..... someon it take double teaming him to move.. Thaomas is to young and rookie to make a huge impact this year and has been forced into OJT.. Much moreso than they wanted to do IMO..

So is it bates or mikey that gets the blame Bate is responsible as far as I'm concerned but mostly because of the DT problem in DEN.. they thought they had two but they did not have their hearts in Bates scheme and are now somewhere else.. ut then again AMikey made the finaldecision on what went down so you choose who is at fault. Is that clear as mud?

BTW I'm still not impressed at all with foxworth. You can be however, I will not hold it against you..

Simple Jaded
11-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Actually both of them got away one to JAX and the other to PHX. Heyward maybe jus treally tired and not on my noramal keyboard so bear with me.

Darrent was a decent CB nothing spectacular certainly not a champ. Good stater material for teh most part yet lots of folks wanted to see him replaced last year near the end of the year and then he was killed which made him better in everyones mind than he actually was..

BAte I beleive had a lottosay with who was brught in and drafted. Weall know tha mikey has the final say but I think a condition of Bates coming to town was he got a BIG commitment from Mikey that the D side woudl be his to run. Has it wne tacording to plan nope. But then with the injuries and the lack of getting one more fat DT I use the term fat for massive clogger ..... someon it take double teaming him to move.. Thaomas is to young and rookie to make a huge impact this year and has been forced into OJT.. Much moreso than they wanted to do IMO..

So is it bates or mikey that gets the blame Bate is responsible as far as I'm concerned but mostly because of the DT problem in DEN.. they thought they had two but they did not have their hearts in Bates scheme and are now somewhere else.. ut then again AMikey made the finaldecision on what went down so you choose who is at fault. Is that clear as mud?

BTW I'm still not impressed at all with foxworth. You can be however, I will not hold it against you..

I think you are talking about Reggie Hayward, Jr...

omac
11-07-2007, 07:59 AM
yet for almost every pick he made, the wr's ran by him for score shortly thereafter. he cost us more points than he got us.. He was a head case then and still is.. picks mean next to nothing if you give the points back soon thereafter..

Really? So he was burned for about 8 or 9 TDs in those same games? Interesting.

Nomad
11-07-2007, 08:30 AM

If you read the thread and post in the thread I was asking a question to people who lived around Denver. I've been around long enough and the members know me here that I rarely asks questions or start threads but hearing this news from The Fan was worth the question. So I do not need your permission or anyone else's to ask a question. Everyone here can listen to The Fan on the internet if their computer is capable, it's free.

Anyway, Cutler's will be ok and I only hope they give him time to heal.

Lonestar
11-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Really? So he was burned for about 8 or 9 TDs in those same games? Interesting.

Enough bad coverage that, mikey benched him and tried to make WR out of him..

Now is that a head case?

I guess the real question whose head case is it?

Mikeys or delta.

Gotcha on this one you can not win this arguement..

TXBRONC
11-07-2007, 02:35 PM

His name is Reggie's last name is Hayward with "a" not an "e" just an f.y.i.

I'm going to needle you bit here (I know nothing new. ;)). The point wasn't whether or not Darrent was another Champ Bailey. No one has ever said that he was, your comment was Shanahan as never drafted cornerback that was worth a damn. My response was that is incorrect Williams was a solid starter. So what some people wanted him replaced at the end of last season he wouldn't have been and I believe he would have done solid job for us again this year.

As far who is at fault for the problems this year on defense, I asked first.

Finally I'm really not worried if you hold against on how I view Foxworth.

TXBRONC
11-07-2007, 02:37 PM

Now is that a head case?

Mikeys or delta.

I don't think you have anyone this Jr. Delta was moody player when he was with us, that's well know fact.

omac
11-07-2007, 04:52 PM

Now is that a head case?

Mikeys or delta.

I don't have the stats for that, but I'll take your word for it, you probably do have me on this one.

But didn't we do this whole thing at length in Broncomania, hehehe? :D

No matter, new forum, new posts. :cheers:

Medford Bronco
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't think you have anyone this Jr. Delta was moody player when he was with us, that's well know fact.

My final staw with Delta was in 2003 when playing NE at home on the
Monday night game after the intential safety NE took, he let the free kick go over his head and Den had putrid field postion.

I do not think he ever played defense for us again after that game.

TXBRONC
11-07-2007, 06:33 PM
My final staw with Delta was in 2003 when playing NE at home on the
Monday night game after the intential safety NE took, he let the free kick go over his head and Den had putrid field postion.

I do not think he ever played defense for us again after that game.

No he didn't. After that game he was moved to wide receiver.