PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever been to a game in Oakland?

BroncoWave
12-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Tickets are only 10 bucks on StubHub and it's a little over a 3 hour drive from where I live. I'm considering it but I do have some reservations. What's the traffic/parking situation like? Any other issues or concerns about going to a game there? Anyone on here going to the game?

SR
12-03-2012, 11:06 AM
My concern would be the fans. I'd be scared for my life. Literally. If you go, make sure to wear neutral gang colors and don't cheer for Denver.

Grover
12-03-2012, 11:46 AM
There's plenty of parking, but what we did was take the Bart train, which has a stop right at the stadium. Sure there are crowds going to and from Bart, but it's easier than dealing with traffic in my opinion. Oakland Coliseum is a pit and the fans are atrocious, and you feel a little unclean afterwards. But I still had a good time a few years ago - it was opening day 2008 and the Broncos scored 41 points and put a beat down on the Raiders.

My recommendation, like the poster above, is to wear white/grey/black/blue colors and don't cheer for the Broncos, but you'll have plenty of opportunity to boo for the Raiders when they make stupid plays.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2012, 11:46 AM
DO NOT wear Broncos gear if you value your safety. I'm sure that most of the attendees are OK, but I'm not sure I'd risk it myself. Certainly not with a loved one.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Personally, if the tickets are that cheap, then the "quality" of fan lowers. The Raider fans are already known for being some of the worst fans in all of football, and if you lower the tickets down so that any two-bit hood can afford a seat... thats what you are going to get.

I wouldn't waste the money considering what you could lose. Not to mention, if you are constantly looking over yoru shoulder, worried about what you say or how loud you cheer, or walking back to your car..... how is that going to be fun?? You'll have a better seat at home and a lot less stress.

slim
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Fire up the HD, grab some wings and watch from home.

MileHighCrew
12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
This is like asking, I'm going into a prison with very limited guards and I want to hang out in the weight room, anyone see any issue with it? $10 bucks is hard to pass, but every time I read about a fan being beaten to death it happens to be in California.

Softskull
12-03-2012, 02:10 PM
I go just about every year. You will get messed with in Broncos gear. It's usually just a few dirt bags that make it an issue. Parking is never an issue especially since this one wont be sold out. The freeway out front of the stadium is the I-880. I can get messy between 3:00 and 7:00 pm.

NightTerror218
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
nobody has ever returned from one

Nomad
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Go in full BRONCOS gear with a huge sign that says 'Raiders Suck'!

weazel
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
I think you'll be fine, just make sure you constantly remind them how bad they and their team sucks. Oh, and make sure you dress like a cholo

Poet
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Don't go.

MasterShake
12-03-2012, 02:33 PM
I've been to 2 games there, both times with some bad seats near the top. Up there people are just busy getting drunk and booing their own team and keeping track of fantasy stats on their phones. Like others have said, wear neutral stuff and just sit back and enjoy the Broncos beatdown of the Raiders.

The worst part is probably going through the parking lot to the stadium, feels like a prison yard. For the most part, the fans are there just to have a good time. You keep to yourself you will have no problem and can take in a nice game in a crappy stadium. How many times do you get to see Peyton live?

Ravage!!!
12-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I also would recommend if you go, to where a sign that says "Yeah, I'm Bronco fan...if you don't like it.. say somethin'!!"... and on the back, where a Target with the PROUD Bronco horsehead in the bulls-eye circle baby (Maybe Target will sponsor you a shirt to wear)!!! Then SCREAM like crazy when their team is on offense, and LAUGH when they make a penalty... and be SURE to do the Broncos proud and yell out " IN-COME-PLETE"... when a pass is missed!!

Do us proud

Poet
12-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Also call all Oakland fans a bunch of pussies. This type of toughness will endear you to them.

MasterShake
12-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Also call all Oakland fans a bunch of pussies. This type of toughness will endear you to them.

And make sure you hide the Sharpies from all the women there. They will be furious that they won't be able to have eyebrows for the game!

Nomad
12-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I also would recommend if you go, to where a sign that says "Yeah, I'm Bronco fan...if you don't like it.. say somethin'!!"... and on the back, where a Target with the PROUD Bronco horsehead in the bulls-eye circle baby (Maybe Target will sponsor you a shirt to wear)!!! Then SCREAM like crazy when their team is on offense, and LAUGH when they make a penalty... and be SURE to do the Broncos proud and yell out " IN-COME-PLETE"... when a pass is missed!!

Do us proud

Reminds me of the Dave Chapelle skit when he explains that no one messes with the only white boy who rolls with a group of black guys because he's one crazy mofo and don't **** with him.:lol:

Poet
12-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I also read that Oakland fans are like sharks in that if you punch their nose they will retreat. If they get lippy, start swinging!

slim
12-03-2012, 02:40 PM

Find the biggest guy in your section and punch him in the mouth. You will have instant respect.

Poet
12-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Find the biggest guy in your section and punch him in the mouth. You will have instant respect.

It's like prison, really.

Don't drop the soap, fight for respect, get a tattoo that's 'homemade'. We all know the basics.

NightTerror218
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I have to an A's game and to a Golden State game.....each time people from opposing team was jumped in parking lot.

Poet
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Oakland is a terrible place filled with terrible people. Carpet bomb that city.

Chef Zambini
12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
makes foir a great epitaht on your gravestone,
'SEATS WERE ONLY TEN BUCKS" .

SR
12-03-2012, 04:36 PM

Best advice in this thread.

I Eat Staples
12-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I always wondered how people from Oakland could afford to go to the games since only like 20% of them are employed.

Nick
12-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I was born and raised in bay area. I have gone to about 7-8 games Broncos @ Raiders. I however went with people that were raiders fans and also tail gated with them. I seen countless bad experiences for other people and can tell you every story imaginable. #1 stay away from $10 seats up on top... That is where most fights are at. If you are not sporting colors they will rip on you because they know your a broncos fan. I sported broncos gear but also had big friends and they had season tickets... Even though they knew all the people around use they would chant f broncos and Raaaaaaaiiiiiiders etc.

I however loved going to the games.

Magnificent Seven
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I am going to this game. Every year, we go to Oakland for Broncos vs. Raiders game. You can wear Broncos gears at the game. They will just barking. Just ignore them and keep walking. They have plenty security guards in every where and It is safer than Elway's years. Our seats will be on Broncos' side.

Note: Never go to the restroom at halftime. Go there early or after game.

We usually take a Bart to the game. We park at the Bart station in our area and ride on the Bart to the Oakland Coliseum.

Buff
12-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Seem like a pretty hospitable bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8cvNpPqo9Y

MOtorboat
12-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Cheech: Want me to teach you some Spanish, man?
Chong: Okay.
Cheech: When you see a friend, you say, hey, how's it going, pendejo?
Chong: Hey, how's it going, pendecko?
Cheech: ...yeah, that's close enough.
Chong: What does that mean, man?
Cheech: Oh, it means my really good friend.
Chong: How's it going, pend... Pen... how was that, again?
Cheech: Pendejo.
Chong: Pendecko.

BroncoWave
12-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Looks like I'm gonna pass on going. Might as well just save my money/time and go to a better game in the future. I was planning on going to the Manning Bowl in NY next year so I think I will stick with that. Thanks for the input guys!

SR
12-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Looks like I'm gonna pass on going. Might as well just save my money/time and go to a better game in the future. I was planning on going to the Manning Bowl in NY next year so I think I will stick with that. Thanks for the input guys!

You're probably better off. I would feel safer walking through South Phoenix or East LA than going to a Raider game.

DenBronx
12-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Tickets are only 10 bucks on StubHub and it's a little over a 3 hour drive from where I live. I'm considering it but I do have some reservations. What's the traffic/parking situation like? Any other issues or concerns about going to a game there? Anyone on here going to the game?

I've been to several of them but never a night game and I never plan on going to a night game. I only live an hour away from Oakland.

My experience was ok but the raider fans are highly annoying and usually very drunk. I wouldnt recommend to ever bring kids with you. I go with a few buddies but I enjoy watching it in HD at home nowdays. There are some friends of mine going to this still and heck for $10 you really cant beat that....but remember, you get what you pay for and fans hate going to this stadium for a reason. Even raider fans hate going to the games, that's why there's always a blackout and a struggle to sell tickets.

You will see many fights, maybe get beer on you from all of the drunks, going to the bathroom will get you into a confrontation, walking into and out of the stadium is absolutely like walking through a prison, the raaaaaaaiiidders chants are going to make you want to knock someone out. They are very disrespectful there so I wish you luck!!!

The absolute only way I ever go now is to buy a luxury suite. You need about 10-15 people to all go in with you and it ends up being around $150 per person but the experience is so much better. You get parking included, meet players and the suite is nice.

tubby
12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Go. Wear orange. Shut your mouth and you will be fine.

horsepig
12-04-2012, 01:45 AM
This is like asking, I'm going into a prison with very limited guards and I want to hang out in the weight room, anyone see any issue with it? $10 bucks is hard to pass, but every time I read about a fan being beaten to death it happens to be in California.

Not at the "hole", that shit only happens in LA. C'mon Bronco fans, they are, after all, only football fans, sort of.
I've been to ganes all over the country and sdome of the most gracious and friendly fans were in Oakland. They treated me like royalaty because of my "Huskers" hat (I'm a bug eater, from Nebraska). Their4 fans told me that Nebraska rewpresents the best of collegiat sports.

They were very friendly, just like any other fan base, in talking about certain play3ers, etc...

They are , after all, football fans. They don't seem to like Denver fans very much, but do we like Faider fans at Invescosportomonopolic Mile High?

Quit being r5eactionary ********. If you can get NFL tickets for $10, I say buy 10 mor 20 and take all your friends, even if they might be so stupid as to be Seabutthawk dickwad fans.

BroncoSexyDaddy
12-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I think with Manning on our team it brings a respect factor to our team.The Raiders are not fighting for a playoff spot this season,so the fans don't care to cause trouble,they are a humble group now.You can wear your bronco gear to the game.If anything a lot of the Oakland fans are going to the game to watch Manning,they have nothing to play for.

It will be safe imo,i live in Oakland.

Benetto
12-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Raiders fans are all talk...If you have thick skin and let it go in one ear and out the other, its just another stadium...If you start answering them, and trash talking back...That's probably when the problems start for opposing fans.

Don't even think of sitting in the black hole area...It seems like a prerequisite to have either a shaved head, covered in prison tattoos, be on probation, or traded food stamps to get your game ticket.

Day1BroncoFan
12-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Raider fans like big orange and blue weiners, make sure you take yours with.