PDA

View Full Version : So who would have gone in if Ramsey had gotten hurt yesterday.

sneakers
11-05-2007, 07:10 AM
The answer in years passed would have been easy-Rod Smith. Anyone know who it would have been yesterday?

SR
11-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Chuck Norris. We would've won then.

Krugan
11-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Thay showed a shot of Mike Leach taking snaps.

Could have been interesting.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Thay showed a shot of Mike Leach taking snaps.

Could have been interesting.

Yea I just getting ready to say that. I saw him taking snaps on the sideline.

Skinny
11-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Much love and respect for Leach, but that's a scary thought ...

omac
11-05-2007, 09:31 AM
If we somehow managed to get Adam Carriker, the DT, he could've played QB. I read an article somewhere that said he was even being recruited by some colleges as a QB, and in that same article, he threw the football like a bullet for a long distance.

Funny, all before the draft, the priority possition was DE because of the lack of pass rush. Now it's DT because of the weak run defense.

Fan in Exile
11-05-2007, 09:51 AM
If we somehow managed to get Adam Carriker, the DT, he could've played QB. I read an article somewhere that said he was even being recruited by some colleges as a QB, and in that same article, he threw the football like a bullet for a long distance.

Funny, all before the draft, the priority possition was DE because of the lack of pass rush. Now it's DT because of the weak run defense.

For some of us the priority was DT because we saw the weakness there. However this wasn't the draft class for a DT. You can only take the guys who come out. Carriker was listed as a DE for the draft, we didn't really need another undersized DT. Although I have heard good things about how he's playing.

Den21vsBal19
11-05-2007, 10:12 AM

Just saw this from the RMN ~

Backup plan

Quick: Name the Broncos emergency quarterback had backup Patrick Ramsey been injured.

It isn’t easy.

Rookie Darrell Hackney practices on the scout team but is on the practice squad. Rod Smith had been a break-the-glass replacement in previous seasons when Denver carried two active quarterbacks.

The answer is tight end/long snapper Mike Leach.

The possibility was discussed early in the year, so he was well aware of the looming situation. Leach hasn’t played any quarterback in his football life, save for one junior varsity game in high school.

"I’m familiar with the offense having been here so many years," the eight-year veteran said. "But in an emergency situation someone’s got to do it and I’ve been around long enough that I know how to get everybody lined up and the plays we’re running."

Leach has spent six seasons with Denver but mainly has played special-teams and has yet to notch his first NFL catch.

"It would have been something strange," he said of the prospect of playing QB. "I never thought I’d complete a pass before I caught one in this league. But I’m glad we didn’t have to go to it."

Heck, he should have been iching to get in, a chance to play QB with absolutlely no blame to be cast in his direction ;)

Although the way our line's been playing..............maybe not :eek:

omac
11-05-2007, 10:33 AM
For some of us the priority was DT because we saw the weakness there. However this wasn't the draft class for a DT. You can only take the guys who come out. Carriker was listed as a DE for the draft, we didn't really need another undersized DT. Although I have heard good things about how he's playing.

He's 6'6, 300 pounds, but packed with muscle; this is a powerful guy. In a pre-season game, I think it was against the Vikings, he manhandled their center. I remember because the sportscasters were saying something like "he's not supposed to be able to pick up and slam down an all-pro center." :D

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 01:19 PM

Much love and respect for Leach, but that's a scary thought ...

Jack of all trades master at most this one would have been another notch on his gun..

To be this versatile is beyond most other players comprehension. Remember all those morons that were calling for his release in training camp..

champbronc2
11-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Haha dude that would've been freakin' sweet if Mike Leach played QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just would want to see him play it!

I've always wanted to see an emergency QB play! :)

We had that happen to us this season in football. We had our 3rd string RB play QB. He wasn't very good lol but it was kinda cool.

Uncle Buck
11-05-2007, 03:43 PM
The answer in years passed would have been easy-Rod Smith. Anyone know who it would have been yesterday?

I was thinkin' it would be the Speaker of the House. :laugh:

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Jack of all trades master at most this one would have been another notch on his gun..

To be this versatile is beyond most other players comprehension. Remember all those morons that were calling for his release in training camp..

Yep I remember several people saying he should released I'm glad Shanahan didn't do that.

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Yep I remember several people saying he should released I'm glad Shanahan didn't do that.

They just look at the TE stats and can't understand how valuable he is to this team.. Almost never a bad snap, almost always near the returner when he is tackled.

That in itself is enough..

Skinny
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
They just look at the TE stats and can't understand how valuable he is to this team.. Almost never a bad snap, almost always near the returner when he is tackled.

That in itself is enough..Other than what you mentioned, emergency QB should state his value enough now. I appreciate his hard work and expertise in what he does.

But hell, that even shocked me!

sneakers
11-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Haha dude that would've been freakin' sweet if Mike Leach played QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just would want to see him play it!

I've always wanted to see an emergency QB play! :)

We had that happen to us this season in football. We had our 3rd string RB play QB. He wasn't very good lol but it was kinda cool.

I would have loved to see it too!

Requiem / The Dagda
11-06-2007, 12:28 AM
They have me on speed dial.

TXBRONC
11-06-2007, 12:33 AM
They have me on speed dial.

And then you woke up. ;)

Retired_Member_001
11-06-2007, 05:45 PM
THIS is why we should have 3 PROPER Quarterbacks on the Depth Chart.