PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather play in Playoffs?

ShaneFalco
12-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Who would you want to see the Broncos play against the most?

Rematch vs Kubiak and the Texans ?

Showdown of the Old Colt vs the New one?

Manning Versus Brady... Nuff Said?

Manning Time Vs Dick Lebeau?

Return of Ray Lewis ?

BroncoWave
12-03-2012, 01:31 AM
First round, either Indy or Cincy. Past that, anyone but the Pats.

ShaneFalco
12-03-2012, 01:36 AM
I really want to see Manning Versus Luck.

Although i would like to play the Pats. To be the best, you gotta beat the best. Pats have had our number for too long. I think its time the tables turned.

Simple Jaded
12-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Denver's first SB run was called The Redemption Tour, iirc, playing three teams they lost to in the regular season/previous playoffs. J-ville, KC and Pitt.......

bcbronc
12-03-2012, 02:16 AM
Indy. Easiest out.

Skinny
12-03-2012, 04:56 AM
Pitt. I think we've got their number.

SR
12-03-2012, 06:46 AM
I disagree with the whole "To be the best you have to beat the best" cliche. Denver is good, but NE scares the shit out of me.

Dean
12-03-2012, 07:27 AM
I want it all. I want a first round bye followed by a game versus the Colts.

SR
12-03-2012, 07:41 AM
I want it all. I want a first round bye followed by a game versus the Colts.

Well as it sits right now the Wild Card round would be Indy at Denver. Assuming Denver wins that game and New England wins at home versus Pittsburgh, Denver would end up playing at Houston with New England playing at Baltimore for the Division round.

igoe4broncos
12-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Indy. Peyton Manning would be motivated as hell...no way he lets Denver lose that game.

Nomad
12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I really want to see Manning Versus Luck.

Although i would like to play the Pats. To be the best, you gotta beat the best. Pats have had our number for too long. I think its time the tables turned.

Playing Indy would make a good story line and I want to see the BRONCOS play the Pats to see if they have really improved.

BRONCOS will play the Ravens in 2 weeks so.

SR
12-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Playing Indy would make a good story line and I want to see the BRONCOS play the Pats to see if they have really improved.

BRONCOS will play the Ravens in 2 weeks so.

Personally, I don't want to "see if they have really improved". I'd rather see other teams do the legwork. It'd be great if teams like Shittsburgh, Indy, and Baltimore could knock off teams like Houston and New England. Houston and New England are the two best teams in the AFC IMO.

Nomad
12-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Personally, I don't want to "see if they have really improved". I'd rather see other teams do the legwork. It'd be great if teams like Shittsburgh, Indy, and Baltimore could knock off teams like Houston and New England. Houston and New England are the two best teams in the AFC IMO.

Each to their own I guess.

Army Bronco
12-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I want to see us play the Pats. I want revenge from this and last year.

BroncoWave
12-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I want to see us play the Pats. I want revenge from this and last year.

I don't. I'm with SR on this one. I'd rather have the easiest path to the SB possible. And that means not playing the Pats IMO.

SR
12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't. I'm with SR on this one. I'd rather have the easiest path to the SB possible. And that means not playing the Pats IMO.

It's a backwards logic, but there are still some holes on this team that a team like NE can really exploit. I would like nothing more than to see Denver shit all over Tom Brady's chest, but it's not really a chance I WANT to take.

Chef Zambini
12-03-2012, 11:18 AM
its all compelling football ! its the freakin play-offs !
no match-up can be taken lightly !
every match-up will bring an element of revenge!
I just want to win !

Day1BroncoFan
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I wanna beat up on the patsies. We most likely have to beat them to get to the bowl, unless someone else does first.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm both ways. Give me the easiest path tot he Super Bowl. No one looks back as a team is lofting that trophy over their head and says "they don't deserve it because they didn't play _____."

On the other hand, we made the Patriots look much better than they are on that Sunday, and I would love to be the team to knock them out, and I truly think we could do it.

Tned
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
We don't seem to matchup very well against the Pats right now. I equate that to back in the day when we didn't matchup well against Indy. Pats could beat Indy and we could beat the Pats, but we couldn't beat Indy. I think it's the combo of Brady being able to get the ball out very quick, negating our pass rush to a large extent, and the matchup problems created by their two tight ends (I think I read Gronk may be back for the playoffs).

So, for that reason, I would take any AFC team other than the Pats.

If I was to choose one, I would go with the Colts, as I think they are the weakest of those teams in the poll.

SR
12-03-2012, 01:36 PM
We don't seem to matchup very well against the Pats right now. I equate that to back in the day when we didn't matchup well against Indy. Pats could beat Indy and we could beat the Pats, but we couldn't beat Indy. I think it's the combo of Brady being able to get the ball out very quick, negating our pass rush to a large extent, and the matchup problems created by their two tight ends (I think I read Gronk may be back for the playoffs).

So, for that reason, I would take any AFC team other than the Pats.

If I was to choose one, I would go with the Colts, as I think they are the weakest of those teams in the poll.

Most of the times I think the Colts are the weak link the AFC, but the Steelers have looked pretty awful at times this year and they've been really banged up for the majority of the season. Harrison isn't playing well this year. Their running game is in shambles for the most part. Just not a great team.

Tned
12-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Most of the times I think the Colts are the weak link the AFC, but the Steelers have looked pretty awful at times this year and they've been really banged up for the majority of the season. Harrison isn't playing well this year. Their running game is in shambles for the most part. Just not a great team.

Agreed. I thought about that, but by the playoffs, Ben will probably be back and healthy, and he just has a knack for winning. The team, while looking really bad at times, could make some noise in the playoffs. So, on balance, I think I would take the Colt's inexperience, but it's a close call between them at Pitt.

PatriotsGuy
12-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Gronk will be back :)

slim
12-03-2012, 02:44 PM

Tom Brady is a homo.

Chef Zambini
12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
that guy is dummer than a box of rocks. he is the most likely candidate to suffer a non football related injury he is so stoopid.

slim
12-03-2012, 02:50 PM
I don't care who we play, as long as I can watch Von dance!

bcbronc
12-03-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't care if Von dances as long as we get the last laugh.

PatriotsGuy
12-03-2012, 03:16 PM
that guy is dummer than a box of rocks. he is the most likely candidate to suffer a non football related injury he is so stoopid.

There's no denying it, he is one dumb mfer.

SR
12-03-2012, 04:30 PM

Sick burn...

NightTerror218
12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I think we have the Steelers number, not to mention playing at home is a complete advantage for us.

CrazyHorse
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
The winner of the NFC?

ShaneFalco
12-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Looks like everyone wants to play the colts haha

artie_dale
12-03-2012, 09:17 PM
I think this Broncos team can beat ANY TEAM when they are hitting on all cylinders. I guess you can say that about a handful of teams, but what that tells me is this Broncos team is ready and capable of making a run. All we need is the momentum the last few SB winners had going into the playoffs.

Canmore
12-04-2012, 02:53 AM
I think this Broncos team can beat ANY TEAM when they are hitting on all cylinders. I guess you can say that about a handful of teams, but what that tells me is this Broncos team is ready and capable of making a run. All we need is the momentum the last few SB winners had going into the playoffs.

Let's line them up and knock them down and that includes the Pats. Who right now wants to face the Broncos? I don't hear anyone saying take me!

The way things look to me at this point in time, leads me to believe we are going to be in the running for a bye. Doesn't that sound nice.

ATLbroNCO
12-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Any path that does not include the Patriots looks good to me.

bcbronc
12-04-2012, 03:06 AM
All we need is the momentum the last few SB winners had going into the playoffs.

That's the one negative about this winning streak. We might be hitting our peak too early. Hopefully we can stay sharp with the division locked up so early.

I do see the Oakland game as an actual trap game. I know every game this season has been called a trap game, and I know it's Oakland, but this game fits the bill.

Just clinched div title
Thursday game on the road
Baltimore next week
Oakland with nothing to play except beating their new HCs former team
Shanny is gone and Oakland has sucked for a long time, not sure the players will have the same hate for the Faid that many of us do.

imo how sharp this team is vs Oakland will tell us a lot about their focus.

Canmore
12-04-2012, 03:12 AM
That's the one negative about this winning streak. We might be hitting our peak too early. Hopefully we can stay sharp with the division locked up so early.

I do see the Oakland game as an actual trap game. I know every game this season has been called a trap game, and I know it's Oakland, but this game fits the bill.

Just clinched div title
Thursday game on the road
Baltimore next week
Oakland with nothing to play except beating their new HCs former team
Shanny is gone and Oakland has sucked for a long time, not sure the players will have the same hate for the Faid that many of us do.

imo how sharp this team is vs Oakland will tell us a lot about their focus.

I'm not big on "trap games", but if we are going to hit a snag this divisional away game on Thursday night definitely has the makings for an upset. We really need to be focused and quickly. Thursday night shows up awfully quick.

artie_dale
12-04-2012, 08:00 AM
I think this game will test our players more mentally than anything. The comeback during that first game against SD was a true testiment of what the team is capable of overcoming. Division games are never a "gimmie" in my opinion. Hopefully, the team plays with enough balance and poise to keep our heads on. I have a feeling our defensive line is going to set the tone in this one. We just need to run the ball well on offense and Knowshon still hasn't played at the level McGahee has played at (which somewhat balanced the offense).

MOtorboat
12-04-2012, 08:32 AM
The 49ers.

TXBRONC
12-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Beyond gettig a first round bye I don't think there is an easy path to the Super Bowl.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I ALWAYS ALWAYS want to be the Raiders....but if there is a game I would throw away so that we play better later, tis this crappy Thursday night game (I absolutely HATE thursday games. Who was the brainchild of this idea??) Rest a player that might need some wounds healed up and don't rush anyone back that might need an extra week. The Baltimore game coming up next is much more important for that sake of purely getting ready for the playoffs. We KNOW we are better than Oakland and they aren't even in the same league. Baltimore is another litmus test for this team.

artie_dale
12-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I ALWAYS ALWAYS want to be the Raiders....but if there is a game I would throw away so that we play better later, tis this crappy Thursday night game (I absolutely HATE thursday games. Who was the brainchild of this idea??) Rest a player that might need some wounds healed up and don't rush anyone back that might need an extra week. The Baltimore game coming up next is much more important for that sake of purely getting ready for the playoffs. We KNOW we are better than Oakland and they aren't even in the same league. Baltimore is another litmus test for this team.

I can agree with this. Not necessarily throwing the game away, but giving some guys some reps who need'em. GOSH I hope they don't pull Peyton early. He's my starting FFB QB in my keeper league and I'm still undefeated in that league (knock on wood). Should I start Stafford just in case?