PDA

View Full Version : This Del Rio guy can really coach

broncobryce
12-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I hope we have him for at least one more season. It doesn't hurt to have the best defensive player in the NFL (Miller), but our D is playing lights out lately.

DenBronx
12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Del Rio was an upgrade!! This move was a total blessing in disguise. He has made everyone play at a higher level and really knows how to use everyone.

We have to offer this guy the farm to stick around awhile. I hope he does because I smell a championship!

Dapper Dan
12-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Yeah. I was pretty down when we lost, I forgot his name, so early. But we definitely upgraded here.

Dean
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Del Rio was an upgrade!! This move was a total blessing in disguise. He has made everyone play at a higher level and really knows how to use everyone.

We have to offer this guy the farm to stick around awhile. I hope he does because I smell a championship!
Throw in the equipment, water leases,and whatever else he wants.

DenBronx
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Throw in the equipment, water leases,and whatever else he wants.

I think Del Rio would be smart to wait and see if we win a SB. That would only skyrocket his asking price and he would be able to hand pick where he wanted to go. He said earlier in the year he just wants to be a DC for a while. I think after so many years you get kind of burned out with it. He really shines as a DC.

Does anyone know how long his contract is with us or how long we signed him on to be DC?

The last time he was able to just concentrate on defense he won a SB (Ravens).

Rick
12-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I was never THAT impressed with Allen. Not that I felt he was bad...I just felt he was over rated.

With Nolan and now Del Rio I always felt we had a true stud DC out there, I just never felt that with Allen.

nyuk nyuk
12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Now let's hope we can keep him around at least until PFM retires.

Poet
12-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Don't give him too many years or too much money. He'll get lazy like he did in Jacksonville.

DenBronx
12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Don't give him too many years or too much money. He'll get lazy like he did in Jacksonville.

Well to be fair King, did Del Rio ever have a Peyton Manning or a complete team in Jacksonville? Thats a low budget market and they never seem to go after anyone in free agency. Their only hope it seemed was to hit the draft choices (MJD). Jacksonville did have some pretty solid defenses under his watch and I think thats where he does best, in fact I think he's a better DC than HC, even though players love they guy.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2012, 04:49 PM
How long was in he in Jax.. quite a while.

Poet
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
He went to work late and left early.

Tned
12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
How long was in he in Jax.. quite a while.

7 or 8 years I believe.

I think Del Rio would be smart to wait and see if we win a SB. That would only skyrocket his asking price and he would be able to hand pick where he wanted to go. He said earlier in the year he just wants to be a DC for a while. I think after so many years you get kind of burned out with it. He really shines as a DC.

Does anyone know how long his contract is with us or how long we signed him on to be DC?

The last time he was able to just concentrate on defense he won a SB (Ravens).

I don't recall them talking about how long his contract was. Not sure the Broncos usually release that on assistant coaches.

Fox just stated that the Broncos would be his last coaching job. If Del Rio is serious about not wanting to jump right back into a head coaching role (I don't buy what he said myself, and think he would), then one option would be to hang around as DC here with hopes of taking over with Fox steps down.

Tned
12-03-2012, 05:31 PM
He went to work late and left early.

Yea, I have read two sides to that story. On the one hand, that Del Rio was lazy and didn't put in the hours that other HC's do. On the other, I read some reporters saying that was overblown and that the biggest problem was the ownership not willing to spend money on players, leaving Del Rio hand cuffed and in a bad position.

DenBronx
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
7 or 8 years I believe.

I don't recall them talking about how long his contract was. Not sure the Broncos usually release that on assistant coaches.

Fox just stated that the Broncos would be his last coaching job. If Del Rio is serious about not wanting to jump right back into a head coaching role (I don't buy what he said myself, and think he would), then one option would be to hang around as DC here with hopes of taking over with Fox steps down.

Thats the ideal situation. I would think Fox will be here at least until Manning retires but if we win 1 or 2 rings who knows then what will happen.

Tned
12-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Thats the ideal situation. I would think Fox will be here at least until Manning retires but if we win 1 or 2 rings who knows then what will happen.

I'm not sure how many HC vacancies there will be this year, but with the Broncos jumping up to the #3 defense this year, I think there is a real good chance he gets offers this year. The only question is whether or not he was sincere about not wanting to go right back to head coaching. Also, I think we have to recognize not all jobs are equal. Even if he was sincere when he told Manning that, if the right job opens up, he could change his mind.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2012, 05:51 PM
His kid just QB'd the 5-A State Champion football team, and has committed to Oklahoma. Colorado is the closest to there, outside of Dallas or maybe St. Louis. Not sure if he has any other kids in school here still or not.

That team also features Eddy Mac's kid.

DenBronx
12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure how many HC vacancies there will be this year, but with the Broncos jumping up to the #3 defense this year, I think there is a real good chance he gets offers this year. The only question is whether or not he was sincere about not wanting to go right back to head coaching. Also, I think we have to recognize not all jobs are equal. Even if he was sincere when he told Manning that, if the right job opens up, he could change his mind.

Well if the Broncos are sincere about winning a SB then they need to match any offer for him. I dont think its just about money to Del Rio though.

Tned
12-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Well if the Broncos are sincere about winning a SB then they need to match any offer for him. I dont think its just about money to Del Rio though.

Well, not really just about money. If he wants to be a head coach, chances are just paying him an equivalent amount to stay as DC wouldn't be enough.

Dapper Dan
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
His kid just QB'd the 5-A State Champion football team, and has committed to Oklahoma. Colorado is the closest to there, outside of Dallas or maybe St. Louis. Not sure if he has any other kids in school here still or not.

That team also features Eddy Mac's kid.
I thought it was Oklahoma St

BroncoJoe
12-03-2012, 07:08 PM
I thought it was Oklahoma St

Probably - I just remember it was OK.

broncofaninfla
12-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm impressed most with Del Rios adjustments during the game. If something works for an opposing offense he is good at taking it away. Fingers crossed he stays a couple of years.

Poet
12-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Yea, I have read two sides to that story. On the one hand, that Del Rio was lazy and didn't put in the hours that other HC's do. On the other, I read some reporters saying that was overblown and that the biggest problem was the ownership not willing to spend money on players, leaving Del Rio hand cuffed and in a bad position.

Being in a bad position doesn't mean go home early. He's a good coach, but the flaws are there. It was just an off-handed post made while I was waiting for my pizza to get here.

Dapper Dan
12-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Being in a bad position doesn't mean go home early. He's a good coach, but the flaws are there. It was just an off-handed post made while I was waiting for my pizza to get here.

I thought it was sarcasm. Did you really mean it? If so, I want my High Five back.

Poet
12-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I thought it was sarcasm. Did you really mean it? If so, I want my High Five back.

How in the ****............god dammit.

I think it is time for me to leave all Broncos threads. This will work out well for all of us.

Dapper Dan
12-03-2012, 09:13 PM
How in the ****............god dammit.

I think it is time for me to leave all Broncos threads. This will work out well for all of us.

:der:

Poet
12-03-2012, 09:18 PM
:der:

That was sarcasm.

Dapper Dan
12-03-2012, 09:28 PM
That was sarcasm.

Oh. I am slow tonight. Forgive me.

Chef Zambini
12-04-2012, 12:53 PM
JDR, best since mike nolan.
I hope JDR will stick around alot longer!
his relationship with fox and JFE are probably the biggest elements to keep JDR in denver.
Does he ski?
that would be #3, most of the other NFL teams hve little to offer in skiing incentives.