PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Red Sox

MOtorboat
12-01-2012, 02:01 PM
http://mlb.ed4.net/unsub/unsub.cfm?c=3O5IO&be=ZGlhbmFncmFtQGVhcnRobGluay5uZXQ%3D&rl=5GO8ZM&n=GY5VZJ&t=BOS&%2F&partnerId=ed-6614577-474785320

@dianagram This is the message that greeted me when I went to unsubscribe from a RED SOX ticket email alert http://mlb.ed4.net/unsub/unsub.cfm?c=3O5IO&be=ZGlhbmFncmFtQGVhcnRobGluay5uZXQ%3D&rl=5GO8ZM&n=GY5VZJ&t=BOS&%2F&partnerId=ed-6614577-474785320 … #ummm #redsox

:pound:

Is WTE's son running this team?

From the link, if it goes away:

[LOGO of REDSOX.com]

If you would like to be removed from the Orioles Ticket Guide mailing list you can unsubscribe by selecting the "Please remove me" option below and clicking Submit.

To manage your subscription to all redsox.com mailing lists click here to log in or create a new account and adjust your preferences.

Please remove me from the Orioles Ticket Guide mailing list

On second thought, please keep me on the Orioles Ticket Guide mailing list

weazel
12-01-2012, 02:05 PM
that organization fell apart quickly

WTE
12-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Next time I chat with my good buddy Larry Lucchino I will let him know about this extremely minor issue.

Hey, is it true the Rockies new High School manager will be issuing his players report cards throughout the season?

weazel
12-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Next time I chat with my good buddy Larry Lucchino I will let him know about this extremely minor issue.

Hey, is it true the Rockies new High School manager will be issuing his players report cards throughout the season?

yep, the red sox sure fell apart quickly. It won't take long to right the ship though, deep pockets.

Softskull
12-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Pedroia is from my town. I remember reading about him when he played HS ball here. His family seem like good people. Hope he gets traded too.

CoachChaz
12-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Money cures everything

weazel
12-02-2012, 02:09 AM
Money cures everything

well, in baseball it does wonders

Thnikkaman
12-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I think they are still drinking PBR and eating KFC, but in the front office now.

Wonder if the BoSux will give us their entire starting rotation for Fowler

CoachChaz
12-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I think they are still drinking PBR and eating KFC, but in the front office now.

Wonder if the BoSux will give us their entire starting rotation for Fowler

Outside of Lester...you'd be getting screwed. Not to mention...COL wouldnt trade Fowler for Verlander

WTE
12-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Outside of Lester...you'd be getting screwed. Not to mention...COL wouldnt trade Fowler for Verlander

Clay Buccholz has good stuff and don't be surprised if John Lackey comes back from his Tommy John and gives them 16 wins.

CoachChaz
12-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Clay Buccholz has good stuff and don't be surprised if John Lackey comes back from his Tommy John and gives them 16 wins.

Considering Lackey has exceeded 14 wins just once in his career...I can promise you, I'll be surprised.

Buchholz has had ONE good season and his stuff is flat since. He could rebound, but I would buy low on him right now.

And why the hell are they giving Napoli 39 mil over 3 years? I thought they were trying to be more frugal

WTE
12-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Considering Lackey has exceeded 14 wins just once in his career...I can promise you, I'll be surprised.

Buchholz has had ONE good season and his stuff is flat since. He could rebound, but I would buy low on him right now.

And why the hell are they giving Napoli 39 mil over 3 years? I thought they were trying to be more frugal

Buccholz started poorly last season but then got going pretty good. Napoli really wanted 4 yrs and Boston wasn't willing to go that long. Boston doesn't mind over-paying on 2-3 year contracts instead of burying themselves on long-term deals.

They're trying to remain flexible for the future b/c they have some talent in their farm system.

CoachChaz
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Buccholz started poorly last season but then got going pretty good. Napoli really wanted 4 yrs and Boston wasn't willing to go that long. Boston doesn't mind over-paying on 2-3 year contracts instead of burying themselves on long-term deals.

They're trying to remain flexible for the future b/c they have some talent in their farm system.

I dont know how much faith I'd put into that. The Sox minor leagues arent all that great. They had a few guys step up this year, but I dont know that many of them can be expected to be prime contributors. Jacobs is young, but took a step backwards this year...Bogaerts could be solid, but probably not until 2014...Bradley is more of a #2, move the runner over guy that can steal a few bases. As far as Webster, Barnes and De la Rosa on the mound...they all look like bullpen guys.

Maybe they develop quick, but as fo now...not much there to get too excited about

CoachChaz
12-04-2012, 05:39 PM
The joke continues. Johnny Gomes - $10 mil...David Ross- $3 mil...Mike Napoli - $39 mil...Shane Victorino - $38 mil.

Cherington is an idiot.

WTE
12-04-2012, 05:50 PM
The joke continues. Johnny Gomes - $10 mil...David Ross- $3 mil...Mike Napoli - $39 mil...Shane Victorino - $38 mil.

Cherington is an idiot.

I like all the moves. Short term. No stupid 7 to 8 year deals like other teams. The Sox are done w/ those.

You wait Coach Chaz. 93 wins next year.

CoachChaz
12-04-2012, 05:58 PM
I like all the moves. Short term. No stupid 7 to 8 year deals like other teams. The Sox are done w/ those.

You wait Coach Chaz. 93 wins next year.

Where is it coming from? Neither one of those players is close to being worth the money. Is Victorino suddenly a RF? Ever seen Napoli play defense at 1B? $3 mil for a back up catcher? Gomes is going to turn one good (half) season into a new career? Realistically, they just shelled out about $40 mil a year for 6-8 wins.

WTE
12-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Where is it coming from? Neither one of those players is close to being worth the money. Is Victorino suddenly a RF? Ever seen Napoli play defense at 1B? $3 mil for a back up catcher? Gomes is going to turn one good (half) season into a new career? Realistically, they just shelled out about $40 mil a year for 6-8 wins.

Victorino has played right field before. He's a 3 time Gold Glover. I think he can play any outfield position. Plus, he's insurance in CF for the oft-injured Jacoby Ellsbury in case he's injured again or is traded.

I'm not worried about Napoli at first. Hopefully the Red Sox give him a lot of time at first in spring training and he get's more comfortable. Ever see Big Papi play 1st? He does just fine.

David Ross is regarded as one of the best back-up catchers in the game. They need a mentor for salty/Lavarnway and I wasn't happy w/ the way our catchers called games last year. Ross can really help our pitching staff that's not performing to expectations.

But enough with my Red Sox. Tell us all the wonderful things your Orioles have done thus far this off-season.

elsid13
12-04-2012, 07:48 PM

I like the approach the Red Sox front office is taking. The guys that went after all fit a particular hitting style and are on short term contracts that will allow Bogaerts (age 20) and Bradley, Jr (age 22) to develop for the next couple of years at Triple A or Double A.

I wouldn't be surprised if the play Victorino plays left, with a healthy Kalish splitting time with Gomes in right. They still need to address the starting pitching (most likely by trade) but they have some solid pieces that will make them competitive and playing for a wild card.

Thnikkaman
12-05-2012, 10:17 AM

Victorino homebrews and Gomes has the best beer battered fried chicken recipe. Napoli has the hook-up for Adderol.