PDA

View Full Version : Game experience.

Superchop 7
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
How do the Broncos improve the game experience?

Chef Zambini
12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
... by winning!
the best bronco game experience is a winning game experience.
I am a football fan....football!
i dont need the cheerleaders, horse mascot,dancing or any of that periferal crap.
I watch to see good football, winning football from my broncos !
I enjoy a good tailgate before the game
and co-ordination of ytraffic before and after.

all the rest of the crap is for wine and cheese ******** who couldnt give two shits about football
i resent those people and pandering to them!
its why the old mile high is gone and fans for 40 years were displaced for luxury boxes and morons who dont even watch the game !

Dapper Dan
12-01-2012, 03:13 PM
The only thing I didn't like about my game experience was the fans. It was demoralizing to see everyone sitting down and bitching rather than standing and screaming. Other than that, I loved everything else.

Simple Jaded
12-01-2012, 04:04 PM
The crowd experience won't be what it was for a long time, imo, that has to happen organically. The Stick-in-the-Muds have to want to get off their ass and scream til they lose their voice.......

Chef Zambini
12-02-2012, 04:03 PM
there used to be 75.000 screaming, loyal dedicated fans at evry mile high game! then they displaced them with sky boxes !

dogfish
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
not sure what you're talking about, chop. . .

we found parking pretty easily, and were able to grill and drink right in the lot, even though it wasn't stadium parking. . . got in line late, still got to our seats in time for the end of the anthem. . . no one hassled us over tickets, not a bucs fan in site, and we screamed our lungs out with no complaints from the neighbors. . . the guys sitting next to us even brought us nachos after i joked about it-- and refused to take any money. . . the stands were loud when the defense was on the field, and quiet the rest of the time. . . there was no line for the bathroom, and the concession stand took my credit card-- unlike last time. . .

other than the price of beer, the game experience was quite fine, thankyaverymuch. . .

the broncos improved it by getting peyton manning. . . .

:defense:

Tned
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
not sure what you're talking about, chop. . .

we found parking pretty easily, and were able to grill and drink right in the lot, even though it wasn't stadium parking. . . got in line late, still got to our seats in time for the end of the anthem. . . no one hassled us over tickets, not a bucs fan in site, and we screamed our lungs out with no complaints from the neighbors. . . the guys sitting next to us even brought us nachos after i joked about it-- and refused to take any money. . . the stands were loud when the defense was on the field, and quiet the rest of the time. . . there was no line for the bathroom, and the concession stand took my credit card-- unlike last time. . .

other than the price of beer, the game experience was quite fine, thankyaverymuch. . .

the broncos improved it by getting peyton manning. . . .

:defense:

Watching on TV, seemed like fans were quiet compared to other games.

Dapper Dan
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I feel like my game experience from home needs improved.

SR
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
I feel like my game experience from home needs improved.

Because of you I was able to watch the game today so I won't complain about my game experience

Dapper Dan
12-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Because of you I was able to watch the game today so I won't complain about my game experience

Awesome. I'm glad I could help. Due to trees and other things, I hadn't seen a game on TV. Another fan gave me a link to that site early in the season, and I've used it every week. I use it for college football and basketball too.

MOtorboat
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Don't do the wave.

Problem solved.

Tned
12-02-2012, 09:50 PM

Damn fans had to have Manning scold them for making too much noiese when offense on field.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Damn fans had to have Manning scold them for making too much noiese when offense on field.

Now that's a game experience!

shank
12-03-2012, 10:14 AM
my experience was fine, i had a blast and can't talk today.

there are still WAY too many people at the games who look like they don't care about the outcome and leave their seats at the beginning of the 4th quarter - i think if you ever get caught doing that without a good reason you should get lifetime ban.

Tned
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM

there are still WAY too many people at the games who look like they don't care about the outcome and leave their seats at the beginning of the 4th quarter - i think if you ever get caught doing that without a good reason you should get lifetime ban.

I like it, that should be in that dang "Respect" code of conduct.

Davii
12-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I think the game experience is outstanding. The team themselves is obviously the biggest factor, winning makes for a better experience. Luckily the Broncos have won every home game I've attended. The people you go with/tailgate with are just as important for your experience, and I've been fortunate enough to spend my gameday with some damn good folks. The same ones that we enjoy the pleasure of their company here on these boards.

Italianmobstr7
12-03-2012, 11:57 AM
It's pretty frustrating sometimes at the stadium. People bitch at you to sit down, most people don't get loud. A lot don't even know much about the team. I sat by complete strangers yesterday & not a single person around me knew that Stokley was inactive or who Holliday was etc... In my opinion, if you still have a voice after the game then you weren't loud enough. Haven't come back from one game this year with my voice intact. Some really fair weather fans go to these games. Props to the fans who are loud the entire game, and who stand and cheer.

slim
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
and the concession stand took my credit card--

Suckers!!!

BroncoJoe
12-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Man, some of you must look for shit to complain about. I've been to numerous games and have had nothing but a great time. If you let the few get to you, maybe you should just stay home and watch it.

There's NOTHING different about the Broncos game experience than at any other stadium. In fact, it's A LOT better than other stadiums I've been to.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Most fans...90% of football fans.... don't know the rosters and backrounds. They don't know about their college offensive system, who's active or why someone is inactive. 90% of the fans that go to games, watch on TV, spend money on merchandise, tailgate, ... don't care about that stuff. I've learned a LONG time ago, that those that are interested are online chatting in message boards. Those that are just your normal fan, will simply root for the team on Sundays, and not worry about them until.... Sunday.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Fan police are out in full force in this thread.

Chef Zambini
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM
I live in scottsdale, thats in AZ.
I cant go to the games. i cant tailgate with fellow fans.
My game experience is on my TV.
my behavior during abroncos game negates my ability ti watch a game in a public setting, other than being at the stadium.
I need more borncos than my sunday Tv experience provides.
thaTS why I am here.
game experince, for me it is inadequate.
for those of you who have the opportunity and priviledge of actaully attending a game, I hope you make the most of it, enjoy yourselves to the fullest, and nobody diminishes your experience.
as for those fair weather fans who really dont know shit about football, or the eam, those who are just there to socialize and do the wave and respond to the ssack dance instead of the ACTUAL SACK!
%^$@# all of them !
they dont deserve the pleasure of attending a game !
they should not be counted in the attendance numbers !
they are the ones that are, 'IN-COM-PLETE"

Ravage!!!
12-03-2012, 01:23 PM
They are the ones paying the bills so that we can have an NFL team in Denver. I salute them!! :salute:

slim
12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Sack dance? We talkin' 'bout a @#$?! sack dance?

dogfish
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Sack dance? We talkin' 'bout a @#$?! sack dance?

that sack dance is the bane of zam's existence!

:wave:

slim
12-03-2012, 01:28 PM

It has done ruined his gameday experience :sad:

Tned
12-03-2012, 01:30 PM

I like the sack dance. The game wouldn't be the same without it.

Chef Zambini
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
fan police are out in full force in this thread.i got my badge on !

Chef Zambini
12-03-2012, 02:40 PM
THE SACK DANCE IS JUST LAME AND STUPID, WHY?
BECAUSE LAME AND STUPID PEOPLE RESPOND TO THE DANCE instead of the actual sACK !.
it represents exactly what everyone here says is wrong with the home croud!
glorifying style, not substance.
celebrating the periferal crap instead of the actual play on the field !
I love unbridled un choreographed enthusiasm.
I love the mile high salute, its tradition and heritage, along with itys simplicity and the appropriaTE NATURE OF COMING aAFTER a score.
a wave during a TV time out, no worries.
but when our own croud is upseting PFM because he cant get his plays called on his own home turf?
WTF? !!!
how can anyone justify that crap !
too much crap !
too much lame viewer and player celebration !
let me know when PFM breaks out his own silly little TD dance !
you folks that call yourselves football fans need to face the reaLITY! sack dances are for the idiots that need a clue that something good has happened!
are you one of those people?
haVE SOME MORE CAMEMBERT TO GO WITH YOUR CHARDONNAY !

slim
12-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Zam, I am doing a dance for you right now. I call it the coo-coo dance.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2012, 03:03 PM
zam needs to get out of the 50's.

Davii
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
zam needs to get out of the 50's.

Or get laid.

slim
12-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Zam, this is the dance I have created for you.

http://youtu.be/g3YD5v9w_3M

gregbroncs
12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Most fans...90% of football fans.... don't know the rosters and backrounds. They don't know about their college offensive system, who's active or why someone is inactive. 90% of the fans that go to games, watch on TV, spend money on merchandise, tailgate, ... don't care about that stuff. I've learned a LONG time ago, that those that are interested are online chatting in message boards. Those that are just your normal fan, will simply root for the team on Sundays, and not worry about them until.... Sunday.

And there is nothing wrong with any of that. I was this kind of fan when I was younger and had less time. Now I enjoy keeping closer tabs on the team.

Tned
12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Shake.... and.... bake....

Dapper Dan
12-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Don't wear a Peyton Manning jersey. Everyone will ask you if you were a fan a fan before Peyton.

I know they have to clean up and all that. But I was wishing I could walk around the stadium a little before I had to leave. They have some cool stuff set up.

Zam, have you been to the Cardinals stadium? I.was really impressed with it.

Italianmobstr7
12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Man, some of you must look for shit to complain about. I've been to numerous games and have had nothing but a great time. If you let the few get to you, maybe you should just stay home and watch it.

There's NOTHING different about the Broncos game experience than at any other stadium. In fact, it's A LOT better than other stadiums I've been to.

Even though I was one of the ones bitching, you are right. I've been to a few away games and their crowds haven't been as good as ours. The experience isn't as good either. I love attending the games, that's why I go to nearly all of them. Just a few little things that are annoying. That said, it's always a great time regardless (as long as we win lol). Thank God for message boards/twitter etc... Nice being able to hold an intellectual convo about the Broncos or the NFL in general somewhere, even if its not at the stadium.

Dapper Dan
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I just wish a lot of these season ticket holders that have been to every game for _____ years would realize that some people like me can only make it to a game every few years. It's the same at any game at any stadium. There will always be "those people" and "that guy".

BroncoJoe
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
I just wish a lot of these season ticket holders that have been to every game for _____ years would realize that some people like me can only make it to a game every few years. It's the same at any game at any stadium. There will always be "those people" and "that guy".

Yeah - Turf was really getting on the nerves of some long-time ticket holders during the Saints game who we sat next to.

In the end, he was sweet-talking them. What a salesman.

Tned
12-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah - Turf was really getting on the nerves of some long-time ticket holders during the Saints game who we sat next to.

In the end, he was sweet-talking them. What a salesman.

Why?

BroncoJoe
12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Why?

Old fogies. They figured he was drunk - mainly due to his accent.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-03-2012, 07:24 PM

That's something I do at most of the Jaguars games I go to (unless the Broncos are in town) - usually I wear my Broncos gear ;). I root for the Jags and cheer when they make good plays, but I honestly don't care about the outcome and I sure as shit don't want to fight the traffic at the end for a team I don't care about. The folks you're talking about probably aren't big-time fans like those of us who post here are. The sad thing is, probably 25% of the crowd aren't the hardcore fans of yesteryear. They're the casual fans who go to games because they have nothing better to do, or because their friends went, or because they won tickets, or they are there as a guest of a hardcore fan but really couldn't care less about the game.

I always kind of find it funny that typically I know more about the Jaguars, their players, coaches, etc then the season ticket holders I'm sitting next to. Next time you're at a game, strike up a conversation with the random dude sitting next to you about the O-line and call them out by name while looking at his body language and seeing how he responds. I think you'd be surprised that if his name isn't Miller, Dumervil, or Bailey or he's not a skill position on offense, a good amount of fans just don't know, or care, who they are... :whoknows:

MOtorboat
12-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Old fogies. They figured he was drunk - mainly due to his accent.

Holy shit. Turf is Cajun?

dogfish
12-03-2012, 07:39 PM

no. . . he sounds just like he's from canada, eh. . .

tubby
12-03-2012, 10:51 PM

no. . . he sounds just like he's from canada, eh. . .
Lol. No offense turf

Chef Zambini
12-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Don't wear a Peyton Manning jersey. Everyone will ask you if you were a fan a fan before Peyton.

I know they have to clean up and all that. But I was wishing I could walk around the stadium a little before I had to leave. They have some cool stuff set up.

Zam, have you been to the Cardinals stadium? I.was really impressed with it.
cardinal stadium:
its a nice looking facility.
but it has more than its share of problems !
the glendale polioce do an absolutly shitty job of traffic control!
when the games were at ASU, traffic was orchestrated to maximize flow, at the new location, the police just stand on the corner watching the traffic lights and do NOTHING to enhance the flow of traffic.

TAILGATING, they do not allow open flame BBQ but apart from that, they allow tailgaiter to be tailgaiters and the grass picnic area is AWESOME !
at ASU, their security people loved to hassle folks for no reason whatso-ever !

LOUSY GAVE VIEWING EXPERIENCE this is why I dont go to games at the cards stadium !
we got my dad season tickets for the first season.
we were 30 rows up from the field on the 20 yard line and the view STUNK !
the way the stadium and seating is constructed, the lower seats span out widetaking fans a great distance from the field and at a slop and angle that makes viewing the game challenging at best. they have huge video screens on each end zone, HALF of which is dedicated to a BEER AD !
all the electronic video enhaNCEMENTS ARE UTILIZED TO sell !
BEER !
you cant find a down and distance indicator, or a line of scrimmage indicator other than the actual chain markers, and thiose were difficult to see from our angle.
viewing is better on the second level! lower level seats suck !
and the food is worthless overpriced crap too!
not a single decent vendor in the entire stadium !
if I ever go to that stadium again, it would be to tailgate with fellow bronco fans. I would then leave to go to YRADHOUSE to actually watch the game and enjoy the experience with good food and a quality beer offering !

Dapper Dan
12-05-2012, 02:54 PM
cardinal stadium:
its a nice looking facility.
but it has more than its share of problems !
the glendale polioce do an absolutly shitty job of traffic control!
when the games were at ASU, traffic was orchestrated to maximize flow, at the new location, the police just stand on the corner watching the traffic lights and do NOTHING to enhance the flow of traffic.

TAILGATING, they do not allow open flame BBQ but apart from that, they allow tailgaiter to be tailgaiters and the grass picnic area is AWESOME !
at ASU, their security people loved to hassle folks for no reason whatso-ever !

LOUSY GAVE VIEWING EXPERIENCE this is why I dont go to games at the cards stadium !
we got my dad season tickets for the first season.
we were 30 rows up from the field on the 20 yard line and the view STUNK !
the way the stadium and seating is constructed, the lower seats span out widetaking fans a great distance from the field and at a slop and angle that makes viewing the game challenging at best. they have huge video screens on each end zone, HALF of which is dedicated to a BEER AD !
all the electronic video enhaNCEMENTS ARE UTILIZED TO sell !
BEER !
you cant find a down and distance indicator, or a line of scrimmage indicator other than the actual chain markers, and thiose were difficult to see from our angle.
viewing is better on the second level! lower level seats suck !
and the food is worthless overpriced crap too!
not a single decent vendor in the entire stadium !
if I ever go to that stadium again, it would be to tailgate with fellow bronco fans. I would then leave to go to YRADHOUSE to actually watch the game and enjoy the experience with good food and a quality beer offering !

So you don't like it?

I didn't have a problem with traffic. I guess it's because I parked further away and took the bus to my car. I didn't tailgate. The game itself sucked but I have no other complaints.

I worked security at ASU for a bit. I think the people that run it could do a better job.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2012, 01:42 PM
30 minutes before the actual start of the game, those cops on the corner actually control the lights and the flow of traffic.
but they will watch 40 cars line up to make a left hand turn to get to the stadium and not do shit aboput it if its anything longer than 30 minutes before gametime.
they stand out there 4 hours before gametime doing jack shit !
ALSO ticket holders have to ENTER at designated gates !
there will be a gate with ZERO peole waiting to get in and 200 yardsd away 400 people lined up to enter the stadium. but no wat will thos guards allow you to enter the stadium if your ticket does not correspond to that gate! assinine! I am piised off before i even enter the stadium to buy a warm beer in a flimsy plastc cup for $9 dollars! only to take a seast wuith a shitty view of the game, no view of down or distance and 2 huge moniters, with half the sceeen dedicated to a beer ad, yes I hate the stadium experience !