PDA

View Full Version : Denver mayor, Broncos pursue 2018 Super Bowl Bid

Army Bronco
11-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Moderators: not sure if i did this right but i took it from my Denver Post app.
So Denver is pursuing hosting a SB! Hope we represent the AFC that day!

Denver mayor, Broncos pursue 2018 Super Bowl bid

BY JEREMY P. MEYER, THE DENVER POST - THE DENVER POST WED, 28 NOV 2012 18:01:52 -0700

NightTrainLayne
11-28-2012, 09:13 PM
I think it would be a great idea. Denver has to be a better destination than Detroit. Obviously, it's an outdoor venue, but Denver has amazing weather considering the season.

Dapper Dan
11-28-2012, 09:15 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/11/28/denver-broncos-submit-bid-to-apply-for-super-bowl/

DENVER (CBS4)- The City of Denver and the Denver Broncos are tossing their football in the stadium for the possibility of hosting a future Super Bowl at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

According to Patrick Smyth, Executive Director of Media Relations for Denver Broncos Football Club, “We submitted an application with the NFL’s Super Bowl Advisory Committee to bid on the 2018, ’19 and ’20 Super Bowls.”

Vic Lombardi ‏tweets:

Broncos take: If New York/NJ can host a cold-weather Super Bowl, why not us?

BroncoWave
11-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Well if trends hold we won't be appearing in the Super Bowl the year we would host. That will be a stress-free year!

chazoe60
11-28-2012, 09:30 PM
I would love that. I would also love an Aspen Winter Olympics(for the money and community developement that happens certainly not the two weeks of traffic and misery) but I doubt either will happen in my lifetime.

Buff
11-28-2012, 09:59 PM
They opened a can of worms by giving New York a Super Bowl. I will scream east coast bias bloody murder if we aren't considered.

DenBronx
11-28-2012, 10:04 PM
If Denver doesnt get the bid then I'm going to cry racism.

Buff
11-28-2012, 10:21 PM
If Denver doesnt get the bid then I'm going to cry racism.

Coach McCartney has your back.

MOtorboat
11-28-2012, 10:40 PM
They opened a can of worms by giving New York a Super Bowl. I will scream east coast bias bloody murder if we aren't considered.

Start crying. Lamar Hunt lobbied for YEARS to bring it to Kansas City...

Buff
11-28-2012, 10:43 PM

Yeah, but they always had the no cold weather argument before... Now they've caved to the new NY stadium. So they opened the door, and now we're kicking it in. Get on board, Mo.

MOtorboat
11-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, but they always had the no cold weather argument before... Now they've caved to the new NY stadium. So they opened the door, and now we're kicking it in. Get on board, Mo.

Oh. I'm on board.

Start crying. Because it ain't happening.

Army Bronco
11-28-2012, 10:48 PM

Yeah, but they always had the no cold weather argument before... Now they've caved to the new NY stadium. So they opened the door, and now we're kicking it in. Get on board, Mo. This no cold weather stuff is dumb. I always thought football is better in the cold! Hits hurt more and the game seems more intense.

Dapper Dan
11-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Im sorry. I did a search. I didnt see the thread.

Dzone
11-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Would love to see it played in a foot of snow and a blizzard with zero visibility LOL We sure dont want to make anyone want to move to colorado, its already too crowded here:mad:

NightTrainLayne
11-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Im sorry. I did a search. I didnt see the thread.

No worries. It was probably in the wrong forum, but I put them together so we didn't have the same conversation going on in two places.

ShaneFalco
11-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Manning will retire, Tebow will return, The broncos will host their superbowl!

Dapper Dan
11-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Manning will retire, Tebow will return, The broncos will host their superbowl!

Oh. Gawd.

Dzone
11-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Tebow will have the Jaguars in the Denver super bowl...to add to his legacy of greatness in the mile high city

Canmore
11-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Oh. I'm on board.

Start crying. Because it ain't happening.

As much as I would like to see a Super Bowl in Denver, I just don't see it happening. Would be cool, but I think it is not very likely.

Tned
11-29-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't think the aversion to the cold has anything to do with the actual game, but instead all the stuff leading up to and around the game and how that would be impacted by cold rather.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

weazel
11-29-2012, 12:02 PM
good luck with that... as cool as it would be, the NFL doesn't want the Superbowl in cities like Denver. They like the warm climate or dome cities.

I personally think it should be played outdoors no matter what in any weather. Say what you will about the CFL but the Grey Cup is usually entertaining and they play it in any type of weather imaginable, football in the rain or snow is perfect!

Superchop 7
12-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Just put a retractable top over the field......if they are serious about this.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2012, 11:44 AM
I dont see anything wrong with playing in cold weather. All teams do it all season. Some more than others. It's a game. If it's cold, it'll be cold for both teams. Maybe teams like Pittsburgh and Green Bay shouldnt have to play in a dome against a dome team in the Super Bowl. I just think the NFL wants everything to be pretty.

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2012, 11:49 AM
It's about all the Hoity-Toity bigwigs having a vacation destination. Most of the big dollar tickets sold for the Superbowl are sold to folks for whom the game is just a distraction from their winter vacation.

That being said, with Denver's proximity to Aspen, Vail etc., Denver might have a better shot than some other cities.

Nomad
12-01-2012, 11:51 AM
I dont see anything wrong with playing in cold weather. All teams do it all season. Some more than others. It's a game. If it's cold, it'll be cold for both teams. Maybe teams like Pittsburgh and Green Bay shouldnt have to play in a dome against a dome team in the Super Bowl. I just think the NFL wants everything to be pretty.

It's not about the game anymore:ohwell:

BroncoJoe
12-01-2012, 12:21 PM
I get the logic behind a warm-weather city. You have the best competing, and want optimal conditions. That said, I personally don't care as I'd watch anyway. But imagine if one of our 5' snow dumps happened on gameday. Not really a great atmosphere for the game, or the fans (rich or average).

Nomad
12-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I find snow games very entertaining which this year doesn't look like there will be any.

Superbowl doesn't cater to the average fan who doesn't mind sitting in weather to watch their favorite team in the big game. It's the ones who have the fattest wallets and many of those are one game wonders.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2012, 02:35 PM
The only game I've been able to make it to in Denver so far, it snowed. The stadium erupted. I wasn't even wearing a jacket. I drank 2 of those vodka mixed drinks and stood and screamed the entire game. Then in the fourth quarter I jumped up and down. I really didn't have a problem staying reasonably warm. I love the snowy or rainy gameday. It's called football weather. Or at least that's what I always thought.

Ravage!!!
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
They tried to have a Super Bowl in Detroit not long ago, and from all reports it was a disaster. Not because the city, but because of the weather. People want to travel to the game and enjoy all the activities that lead up to the Super Bowl. The NFL has their interactive things for kids, there are lots of outdoor festivals, music, booths from retailers..games.....

Not to mention, put me in the boat of those that want to watch either a nice weather game, or indoor game, for the super bowl. I don't want to have snow, rain, sleet, or super cold that would effect the game. I want the two best teams on the field, and I want the game to be determined by the players.. not the field or weather. If teams can't pass, or run, because of some kind of weather condition... yuck. Give me that "once in a while" ...but not for a championship game.

I just dont' see Denver getting the bid. Kansas City didn't for the same reason.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Then let's always make it a dome. You don't want the sun getting in anyone's eyes. That would be an outside presence effecting the game.

No matter what the field conditions are, the teams are in the same conditions as each other. It's raining on both teams. It's snowing on both teams.

I can see your line of thinking. That's exactly why the NFL has made its Super Bowls where they have since before I was alive.

I wouldn't mind it being a neutral place every year. Either make it available to all NFL teams to host, or to none.

BigDaddyBronco
12-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I think the Super Bowl they are going to hold at the Meadowlands in a couple years is really going to have an impact if any other cold weather destinations get a chance. Denver would be a great place for a SB.