PDA

View Full Version : Del Rio Seeing Great Success With Defense, But Will He Stay?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-26-2012, 09:43 PM
DENVER (CBS4) – Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio has had a lot of success this season, and that’s sparked speculation he may be ready to be a head coach again.

If that happens, the Broncos would be looking for their eighth defensive coordinator in as many years.

CBS4′s Gary Miller talked with Jake Plummer and Tom Nalen, two former Broncos and buddies, about just what it’s like to go through so many changes.

“It’s huge,” Nalen said. “Players develop relationship with these coordinators. If a coordinator leaves it changes how you draft, it changes your free agency. There’s a lot of things that go into when a guy leaves and a new guy comes, he wants to get his guys in there, to use his system.”

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/11/26/del-rio-seeing-great-success-with-defense-but-will-he-stay/

Dzone
11-26-2012, 11:45 PM
I hope the lazy rumors get started again LOL

bcbronc
11-27-2012, 02:52 AM
I hope the lazy rumors get started again LOL

that and it's pretty obvious that JDR is simply riding the coattails of Von Miller and Champ Bailey. If any GMs or owners are reading this thread, the Broncos defence is playing this good despite JDR, not because of.

UnderArmour
11-27-2012, 09:28 AM
that and it's pretty obvious that JDR is simply riding the coattails of Von Miller and Champ Bailey. If any GMs or owners are reading this thread, the Broncos defence is playing this good despite JDR, not because of.

Agreed. Jack Del Rio is a lazy coach riding off of John Fox. The stellar talent of our defensive tackles is making Del Rio look good NOT the other way around. Kevin Vickerson, Justin Bannan, and Mitch Unrein are All-Pro players being held back by JDR. If not for JDR's laziness and incompetence as defensive coordinator, each of these players would be in the Pro Bowl where they rightfully belong. Rahim Moore, Mike Adams, Keith Brooking, and Tony Carter would also be on their way to a lucrative contract extensions if not for JDR holding back this elite All-Pro talent that would be super stars on any other team. I miss Larry Coyer, Jim Bates, Bob Slowik, Mike Nolan, Don Martindale, and Dennis Allen. JDR is awful. We need to go back to the glory days of Bates and Slowik.

Tned
11-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Agreed. Jack Del Rio is a lazy coach riding off of John Fox. The stellar talent of our defensive tackles is making Del Rio look good NOT the other way around. Kevin Vickerson, Justin Bannan, and Mitch Unrein are All-Pro players being held back by JDR. If not for JDR's laziness and incompetence as defensive coordinator, each of these players would be in the Pro Bowl where they rightfully belong. Rahim Moore, Mike Adams, Keith Brooking, and Tony Carter would also be on their way to a lucrative contract extensions if not for JDR holding back this elite All-Pro talent that would be super stars on any other team. I miss Larry Coyer, Jim Bates, Bob Slowik, Mike Nolan, Don Martindale, and Dennis Allen. JDR is awful. We need to go back to the glory days of Bates and Slowik.

I don't know. I guess I see your point, but I'm not sure that Brooking or Adams are Pro-Bowl talent or that they would get extensions already.... Uh, oh, wait, was that sarcasm? I thought you were being serious, but I think some of that sarcasm that dripped on to your chin, just splashed on my screen...