PDA

View Full Version : Does the Late Year Slide Begin?

Traveler
11-26-2012, 10:56 AM
As we know, December is the month when the team "usually" begins to have it's late season slide. Anyone think it will continue? Yesterdays game with KC had me wondering if it had begun or if was it just that KC is a division rival and generally play us pretty tough.

TB is a very good team and the remainder of our games aren't the gimmies most people think. Here's hoping that PM's presence and the continued great play of the defense will help us past this recurring issue.

NightTrainLayne
11-26-2012, 11:06 AM
In years past, the late year slide would have begun with a loss yesterday at Arrowhead. Manning won't let that happen.

Chef Zambini
11-26-2012, 11:09 AM
you are thinking of the shanahan years !
a tradfition honored by JMCD!

lousy in the second half!
second half of games
second half of season.

those were also the TUTEN YEARS !
ouir strength and conditioning program was a misnomer !
things are very different now!
I think our lack-luster performance against the cheifs can serve as a wake-up call, although admittedly, my guess is that the clousd of AYERS fathers death had much to do with his teammates unfocused performance.

Traveler
11-26-2012, 11:11 AM
you are thinking of the shanahan years !
a tradfition honored by JMCD!

lousy in the second half!
second half of games
second half of season.

those were also the TUTEN YEARS !
ouir strength and conditioning program was a misnomer !
things are very different now!
I think our lack-luster performance against the cheifs can serve as a wake-up call, although admittedly, my guess is that the clousd of AYERS fathers death had much to do with his teammates unfocused performance.

Let's hope you are correct!

MasterShake
11-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't think people are giving the Broncos enough credit for this win, personally. Arrowhead was LOUD even though their team is awful. As I watched the game I couldn't believe how well the Chiefs were covering our receivers (it even lead to a few coverage sacks on Manning). The completions Manning did make were in tight windows, and Knowshon had to fight for his yards even though he played very well. That last long drive from our offense was a statement and really put the nail in the coffin on the game, which is exactly what good teams do to win games on the road.

Am I thrilled with the offensive production yesterday? Nope. Still too many drops and even a few bad throws from Manning, but I'm not overly concerned yet. KC was desperate for a win and we got their best shot and we still won not even playing our best game. That game actually reminded me of how well they matched up against Baltimore early in the season where they lost 9-6 or something ridiculous like that. We made the plays we needed to make on defense and offense to win, that is what good teams do. Whether or not we are a great team will be decided the remainder of the year.

Nomad
11-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I think many people know what playing the Chiefs at Arrowhead means. That's why I believe it's ridiculous to refer to this game as a trap game.

But Traveler did bring up a good point about the BRONCOS losing record vs teams with winning records this year. This Sunday will be a great test for the BRONCOS and I don't believe in the mindset of 'it's ok to lose to the Bucs' because it's not as meaningful as far as the AFC goes

MasterShake
11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I think many people know what playing the Chiefs at Arrowhead means. That's why I believe it's ridiculous to refer to this game as a trap game.

But Traveler did bring up a good point about the BRONCOS losing record vs teams with winning records this year. This Sunday will be a great test for the BRONCOS and I don't believe in the mindset of 'it's ok to lose to the Bucs' because it's not as meaningful as far as the AFC goes

Well, even if the Broncos did let up against the Chiefs maybe it was a good wake-up call to not underestimate anyone. I hope they come out firing against Tampa Bay early and often. Especially since I'm taking my dad to that game!

Traveler
11-26-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't think people are giving the Broncos enough credit for this win, personally. Arrowhead was LOUD even though their team is awful. As I watched the game I couldn't believe how well the Chiefs were covering our receivers (it even lead to a few coverage sacks on Manning). The completions Manning did make were in tight windows, and Knowshon had to fight for his yards even though he played very well. That last long drive from our offense was a statement and really put the nail in the coffin on the game, which is exactly what good teams do to win games on the road.

Am I thrilled with the offensive production yesterday? Nope. Still too many drops and even a few bad throws from Manning, but I'm not overly concerned yet. KC was desperate for a win and we got their best shot and we still won not even playing our best game. That game actually reminded me of how well they matched up against Baltimore early in the season where they lost 9-6 or something ridiculous like that. We made the plays we needed to make on defense and offense to win, that is what good teams do. Whether or not we are a great team will be decided the remainder of the year.

Not to take up the Chiefs cause, I think people underestimate the KC defense. They held us to 17 points when we were averaging 30+ for the past 4-5 weeks. It's KC's offense that is holding them back, sans Charles.

Our games against TB & BAL and how well we play the remainder of this month will cement my views about our team. We usually have trouble against really physical teams so these games will shed much light on how much we've caught to the upper echelon teams in the league.

broncofaninfla
11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Even the best of teams have games like this BUT I also credit KC's defense. Denver also couldn't match the intensity of the Chiefs but still managed to win. I'm hoping it's not the annual slide otherwise Denver will be embarassed by Tampa Bay this weekend. Tampa is tough as nails and on the verge of being a very good team. If Denver lays an egg for a second week in a row we will lose to Tampa. Finsgers crossed that doesn't happen....

slim
11-26-2012, 12:41 PM
No.

Northman
11-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Not to take up the Chiefs cause, I think people underestimate the KC defense. They held us to 17 points when we were averaging 30+ for the past 4-5 weeks. It's KC's offense that is holding them back, sans Charles.

Our games against TB & BAL nd how well we play this month will cement my views about our team. We usually have trouble against really physical teams so these games will shed much light on how much we've caught to the upper echelon teams in the league.

Very good points and if the Chiefs are not careful guys like Bowe and Charles may not stick around if they cant find a field general who can lead that offense.

Traveler
11-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Very good points and if the Chiefs are not careful guys like Bowe and Charles may not stick around if they cant find a field general who can lead that offense.

Not embarrassed to say I'd take Charles in a heartbeat.

I Eat Staples
11-26-2012, 01:47 PM
No, we'll win at least 3 of our last 5. All we need is one win to clinch our division.

rationalfan
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
well, we'll see if luke richesson knows what he's talking about regarding his theories on high altitude training over the course of a season.

"I think it's clear, the research is clear, it's more difficult to consistently maintain maximum performance, maximum output at altitude," Richesson said. "There's the build-up of (carbon dioxide) when you train that your body has to deal with, and we have less oxygen. So, to that end we have to make sure everything else in the program is in order. Even the simple things like meals, sleep, what we eat, take on a greater importance."

full article here:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21056509/broncos-strength-coach-luke-richesson-wants-players-finish

Chef Zambini
11-27-2012, 03:58 PM
TUTEN :

RUB SOME DIRT ON IT
LETS JUST PUMP SOME MORE LEAD
TAKE THESE SUPPLEMENTS THAt i have an endorsement contract with.

GEM
11-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Throughout the game on Sunday I kept saying....typical Broncos overlooking bad teams. I don't think I gave them enough credit. I seemed to have forgotten that this was the Chiefs in Arrowhead and as bad as they are, they have numerous top 10 picks on that roster. Perhaps they are a bad team, but they do play us twice a year and it is a rivalry where they know us and they know us well. They very well could have had this game pegged as a must show up to. Now...if we have dropped balls this week and the offense struggles this week again, I might start worrying.

Day1BroncoFan
11-27-2012, 07:44 PM
I doubt it but , we'll see.

dogfish
11-27-2012, 08:43 PM
seriously?

Simple Jaded
11-28-2012, 01:30 AM
People keep talking about the Broncos record against teams with a winning record, as if all their success has come against losing teams. Only three teams would have losing records if they didn't lose to the Broncos, Oak/Car/KC. Except for NO (who would be .500) everybody else has/would have a winning record if they didn't lose to Denver. The Broncos contributed to these teams record.

As it is, the Broncos losses have come against (arguably) the three best teams in the league. Denver had the toughest schedule in the league through the bye week, and it's still not the walk in the park that people wanna believe. Denver is 8-3, they deserve a ton of credit for that. But there is still five games left and anything can happen, yet everybody from fans to talk show hosts have been talking like the AFCW is in the bag for weeks. So much for humility.......

Fullback32
11-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Peyton will not let that happen. Not concerned.

Broncfan1970
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Nope!!!!!

Dapper Dan
11-28-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure how we can judge this team against any other Broncos team in years. They're nothing similar, in my opinion.

broncobryce
11-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Yes

Dapper Dan
11-28-2012, 09:04 PM
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/157/16612445.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/16612445.jpg/)

Chef Zambini
11-29-2012, 12:06 AM
full moon tonight.
see the planet above it?
for some the planet is our hopes and dreams,
for others it is the moon.
which one represents our fear.
the moon appears to be bigger than the planet, but thats just perspective.
hopes / fears/ perspective.

tomjonesrocks
11-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Should have kept TEBOW!

;)

silkamilkamonico
11-29-2012, 10:01 AM
How different does 8-3 feel than 7-4. Denver has had a plethora of 7-4 starts since the turn of the millenium, but I only recall one 8-3 start (2005).

Thnikkaman
11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
6 wins in a row was done with JMcD. I'm hoping we can beat that streak this weekend.

Chef Zambini
11-29-2012, 03:38 PM
6 wins in a row was done with JMcD. I'm hoping we can beat that streak this weekend.its a nice thought and i undersatand the comparisdon, but we are so far beyond the JMCD era and the wasteland he left behind, i hardly think HE merits ANy referance to this current team and the bronco organization.

I will always hate and dispise JMcD and wish him nothing but misery on and off the field, but i dont feel the need to drag his worthless carcass out to be part of any bronco discussions.

Chef Zambini
11-29-2012, 03:41 PM
How different does 8-3 feel than 7-4. Denver has had a plethora of 7-4 starts since the turn of the millenium, but I only recall one 8-3 start (2005).its not how you start, its how you finish !

Thnikkaman
11-29-2012, 05:33 PM
its a nice thought and i undersatand the comparisdon, but we are so far beyond the JMCD era and the wasteland he left behind, i hardly think HE merits ANy referance to this current team and the bronco organization.

I will always hate and dispise JMcD and wish him nothing but misery on and off the field, but i dont feel the need to drag his worthless carcass out to be part of any bronco discussions.

My point was that 6 wins was the threshold to make the dread of a potentially lost season go away.

Simple Jaded
11-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Should have kept TEBOW!

;)
And bench David Bruton?.......

dogfish
12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
late season slide, my ass!

TXBRONC
12-04-2012, 11:23 AM
late season slide, my ass!

My thoughts exactly.

Playing at Arrowhead has historically been a tough place for Denver to win so it wasn't a surprised that we struggled.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
slide my ass!

ewwwww...

NightTerror218
12-04-2012, 12:57 PM
man this slide must suck cause right now its taking us to the PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Chef Zambini
12-04-2012, 12:58 PM
lets see how we do on a short week.
lets see our focus and determination with the division title already on the shelf.
Are our players looking past the raiders , thinking about the ravens?
Are they too busy reading their press clippings to focus on the task at hand?
are they listening in the huddle or being distracted by the wave?
one game at a time....
thursday is on the horizon. its raiders week people !

NightTerror218
12-04-2012, 01:17 PM
lets see how we do on a short week.
lets see our focus and determination with the division title already on the shelf.
Are our players looking past the raiders , thinking about the ravens?
Are they too busy reading their press clippings to focus on the task at hand?
are they listening in the huddle or being distracted by the wave?
one game at a time....
thursday is on the horizon. its raiders week people !

that has been their whole thing this year. One game at a time. Right now they can not take anything for granted they are playing for a bye week in playoffs.