PDA

View Full Version : Miller's numbers similar to Thomas

DenBronx
11-24-2012, 04:40 PM
DENVER — The coach only needed to watch Von Miller for a practice or two before he realized what he was seeing.

As Miller tells it, defensive coordinator Joe Kines came up to him shortly after he arrived at Texas A&M and said, ‘‘You play like a guy I used to coach.’’

That guy: Derrick Thomas.

This Sunday, like so many Sundays in years past, No. 58 will be roaming the field at Arrowhead Stadium, trying to make life miserable for opposing quarterbacks, running backs, and offensive linemen. This No. 58 will be Miller, the Broncos linebacker, who became a big fan of Kansas City’s No. 58, Thomas, after Kines pointed out the similarities.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://www.chieftain.com/broncos/miller-s-numbers-similar-to-thomas/article_7331db44-35ef-11e2-a9cf-0019bb2963f4.html

DenBronx
11-24-2012, 04:41 PM
The REAL comparison is, did Thomas sack dance as good as Miller?

Sorry...couldnt resist. :)

Northman
11-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Seeing Miller when we first drafted him i thought of Derrick Thomas as well. Great he is living up to that type of play.

honz
11-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Von is already far better than Thomas ever was, IMHO. One of the best defenders to ever grace an NFL field already in his young career.

Jsteve01
11-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Von is already far better than Thomas ever was, IMHO. One of the best defenders to ever grace an NFL field already in his young career. come on man. A season an a half in and he's far better? You need to take off the orange tinted glasses for a minute before you post again

DenBronx
11-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Honestly, I dont see Miller as the same as Thomas. I see something more, something better! Miller is his own animal. Years from now when Miller is in the HOF people will be saying we have to find us a Von Miller to help win us a championship. Miller is faster and has a really good football IQ.

DenBronx
11-24-2012, 08:17 PM
come on man. A season an a half in and he's far better? You need to take off the orange tinted glasses for a minute before you post again

He's comparing Millers year and a half to Thomas year and a half. What in the hell is wrong with that? Fans can already see Miller is special....so wake up!!!

Canmore
11-24-2012, 09:00 PM
He's comparing Millers year and a half to Thomas year and a half. What in the hell is wrong with that? Fans can already see Miller is special....so wake up!!!

He's special, what a talent. How many sacks would he have if he hadn't worn a club at the end of last season? At the rate he going...5 more. If he stays healthy, the sky is the limit. Literally.

Ziggy
11-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Derrick Thomas rushed the passer nearly every passing down. He didn't drop back in coverage like Von does. Then again, the NFL wasn't near as much of a passing league when DT played. I've watched them both, and they are similar in talent. I'll compare them after Von has been in the league for a decade. Right now, I'm just glad to have him as a Bronco.

honz
11-25-2012, 12:38 AM
come on man. A season an a half in and he's far better? You need to take off the orange tinted glasses for a minute before you post again
We have a bunch of all time greats on this team...PFM, Champ, Von, Demaryius, Rahim Moore, Chris Harris, Clady, Kuper, Dreesen, Woodyard, and Moreno...just to name a few.

Jsteve01
11-25-2012, 01:48 AM
We have a bunch of all time greats on this team...PFM, Champ, Von, Demaryius, Rahim Moore, Chris Harris, Clady, Kuper, Dreesen, Woodyard, and Moreno...just to name a few. ah I see what u did there

Simple Jaded
11-25-2012, 04:06 AM
ah I see what u did there

I don't, what am I missing?.......

honz
11-25-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't, what am I missing?.......

You forgot the fact that I am a dumbass, that's what you are missing!