PDA

View Full Version : My lockscreen wallpaper on my phone#

BroncoDiva87
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM
This is my lockscreen on my phone. 2 of my fave players! Just took a pic i found on the web. Set it as the lockscreen wallpaper.

Davii
11-24-2012, 12:19 AM
I like it!

BroncoJoe
11-24-2012, 09:46 AM
I like the fact she's an Android girl.

NightTrainLayne
11-24-2012, 11:03 AM
I like the fact she's an Android girl.

I've never met a Bonnie that wasn't really nice.

BroncoDiva87
11-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks Guys! :)

BroncoJoe
11-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Here's mine:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/Screenshot_2012-11-25-08-36-31.png

BroncoJoe
11-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Or my alternate one...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/Screenshot_2012-11-25-08-44-43.png

BroncoDiva87
11-25-2012, 08:57 PM
very nice!!

Pudge
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Here's mine!

SR
11-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Here's mine!

Grow up

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Pudge
11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
I think it's classy

SR
11-25-2012, 09:57 PM
I think it's classy

This is mine

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
What did you guys use to take those screenshots?

BroncoJoe
11-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Do you have an android?

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Do you have an android?

Indeed. It's about to get replaced with a better android though.

BroncoJoe
11-26-2012, 12:19 PM
volume down and power button simultaneously with ICS. Not sure if that works with the other OS versions.

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 12:40 PM
My phone will be stuck on gingerbread, but I'm eligible for upgrade at the end of the month. I'm hoping I'll get to use a little bonus money for a Galaxy S III or something of that caliber.

CoachChaz
11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
My upgrade date is Dec. 16. I still have the Galaxy S, so I'm definitely looking at the the Galaxy III for Christmas. I swear they only make phones to last 2 years. Mine is pissing me off quite frequently lately

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
My upgrade date is Dec. 16. I still have the Galaxy S, so I'm definitely looking at the the Galaxy III for Christmas. I swear they only make phones to last 2 years. Mine is pissing me off quite frequently lately

I've got the same phone however mine is a referb. It randomly reboots, the wifi antenna sucks, and the internal memory on this thing is shite.

Dapper Dan
11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
volume down and power button simultaneously with ICS. Not sure if that works with the other OS versions.

I'll be damned. It works. I meant to look up how to take a screenshot, but I kept forgetting.

I had an iPhone for roughly 3-4 years. My wife and I finally decided to break about from them and it's awesome. I got the Motorola Atrix HD and she got the Samsung Galaxy SIII. Her's was about $110 more than mine, but I feel like they are pretty much the same.

Dapper Dan
11-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Dapper Dan
11-26-2012, 01:35 PM
My background and lockscreen are the same. My lockscreen has my name, address, and home phone number on it.

SR
11-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Indeed. It's about to get replaced with a better android though.

That's like replacing a retard with someone slightly less retarded.

BroncoDiva87
11-26-2012, 01:41 PM
I have ICS & I pushed power button + home button to get my screen capture

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 01:55 PM

Was it difficult typing that with Steve Job's rotting **** in your mouth? ;-)

BroncoJoe
11-26-2012, 01:57 PM

Oh dear.

CoachChaz
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
I've got the same phone however mine is a referb. It randomly reboots, the wifi antenna sucks, and the internal memory on this thing is shite.

It's no different with one that isnt refurbished. I've been having the same problems a lot lately

BroncoDiva87
11-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Great comeback! I have been having a crappy day today, so, anything I said would be really beneith me. And I just don't want to go there....

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Great comeback! I have been having a crappy day today, so, anything I said would be really beneith me. And I just don't want to go there....

In all fairness, I started it with SR earlier.

Dapper Dan
11-26-2012, 02:05 PM
I know it may be a little draining on the battery, but I like the live wallpapers.

CoachChaz
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM
I know it may be a little draining on the battery, but I like the live wallpapers.

Maybe on a newer phone it's better, but if I ran it on mine, I'd be recharging in 30 minutes

Dapper Dan
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Maybe on a newer phone it's better, but if I ran it on mine, I'd be recharging in 30 minutes

I'm not too impressed with my battery with or without the live wallpaper.

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 02:30 PM
The first thing I do when I get a new phone is buy an extended battery. Even an 1800 mAh battery makes a ton of difference.

Dapper Dan
11-26-2012, 02:32 PM
The first thing I do when I get a new phone is buy an extended battery. Even an 1800 mAh battery makes a ton of difference.
Mine is always plugged in anywhere. I don't mind.

SR
11-26-2012, 05:37 PM

No. That doesn't effect my hands at all. Makes my eyes water and my tongue burn a tad, but the ole dick beaters are fine!

SR
11-26-2012, 05:38 PM

So now you're better than us?

BroncoDiva87
11-26-2012, 06:05 PM
No, Absolutely not. My bad day had nothing to do with your childish comment regardless of who started what. Had I commented on it, I would had made a GIANT ass out of myself, something I can freely admit.

BroncoDiva87
11-26-2012, 06:08 PM
In all fairness, I started it with SR earlier.

In all honesty, My Bad day had nothing to do with anyone on here... & to take it out on someone that makes a comment that seems childish, only makes me the ass. regardless of who started what

SR
11-26-2012, 07:12 PM
No, Absolutely not. My bad day had nothing to do with your childish comment regardless of who started what. Had I commented on it, I would had made a GIANT ass out of myself, something I can freely admit.

Well obviously you're still unfamiliar with some of the personalities around here.

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 07:12 PM
In all honesty, My Bad day had nothing to do with anyone on here... & to take it out on someone that makes a comment that seems childish, only makes me the ass. regardless of who started what

We'll just poke you a bit. See what sets you off. Kind of a forum hazing if you will.

BroncoJoe
11-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Man, she is a diva.

:)

SR
11-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Man, she is a diva.

Uh oh.

BroncoDiva87
11-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Lol! :) its not all that.... ;) just read that at the wrong time of day thats all :rolleyes:

We'll just poke you a bit. See what sets you off. Kind of a forum hazing if you will.

BroncoDiva87
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Man, she is a diva.

That's MS Diva to you!! :D:smack::eviltongue::cool::laugh:

BroncoDiva87
11-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Ya think? :nod: I shouldn't have even commented in the first place..... and for that I'm:sorry:

Well obviously you're still unfamiliar with some of the personalities around here.

BroncoJoe
11-26-2012, 07:51 PM
You'll learn that most everything posted is in jest.

BroncoDiva87
11-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Yep... I knew that for the most part... Just lost my mind for a little bit. But, I found it, so its all good now....:D

Pudge
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM
You guys are going way easier on her than me. I lurked for almost a year because I was scared of you guys. Cyber bullying is a serious issue..

BroncoDiva87
11-26-2012, 08:00 PM
HA! I am a Diva.... ya know... Diva= not skeerd by a little hazing... Especially some I may have brought on myself..... :cool:

You guys are going way easier on her than me. I lurked for almost a year because I was scared of you guys. Cyber bullying is a serious issue..

SR
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Ya think? :nod: I shouldn't have even commented in the first place..... and for that I'm:sorry:

You didn't hurt my feelings. I was just giving you shit

Davii
11-27-2012, 12:18 AM

What a bitch.

Pudge
11-27-2012, 12:42 AM
See there you go again, davii, your scaring me

BroncoDiva87
11-27-2012, 06:27 AM
Hmm. Didn't we already discuss this? :)
Sounds like
someone needs a hug, or a clue, or perhaps a tissue....:p

What a bitch.

Tned
11-27-2012, 09:25 AM

Hey, what'd you just do!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7RMpb9u_Ds

Tned
11-27-2012, 09:28 AM

When you get the "next big thing" the S3, all you do is swipe the edge of your palm from the right edge to left edge of the screen and it creates a 1280x720 screenshot image in your gallery.

BroncoDiva87
11-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Cool! I like my s2 .. Maybe i will see an s3 in my future... :cool:

When you get the "next big thing" the S3, all you do is swipe the edge of your palm from the right edge to left edge of the screen and it creates a 1280x720 screenshot image in your gallery.

Davii
11-27-2012, 11:44 AM
I got my S3 Thanksgiving night at Best Buy for 50$. Best fifty bucks I ever spent. This phone is amazing.

Thnikkaman
11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
I got my S3 Thanksgiving night at Best Buy for 50$. Best fifty bucks I ever spent. This phone is amazing.

I want one very much. I just don't think the boss will let me spend the money to get one.

Davii
11-27-2012, 11:49 AM
I want one very much. I just don't think the boss will let me spend the money to get one.

By boss, do you mean wife?

If so, I bought two.... Made it easier to convince the "Commanding Officer" that it was a worthy expenditure.

Tned
11-27-2012, 12:01 PM

I've had mine since they launched. I am as happy with it now as then. Huge, clear screen. Good battery life (very good using Juice defender).

Couldn't be happier.

BroncoJoe
11-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Mine is a bit older - the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but I am really happy with it. Have 12 months before I can upgrade again...

BroncoJoe
11-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Hey T - do you use the free JuiceDefender or the pay version?

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Hey T - do you use the free JuiceDefender or the pay version?

I use the pay version of Juice Defender on my Thunderbolt. I think it's worth it. You just have to customize it for it to provide even more battery life, which takes a little time.

SR
11-27-2012, 01:17 PM
I use the pay version of Juice Defender on my Thunderbolt. I think it's worth it. You just have to customize it for it to provide even more battery life, which takes a little time.

Is that like an app killer?

Thnikkaman
11-27-2012, 01:20 PM
I tried using Juice Defender on my Evo Shift but I found that I would lose minutes on my clock.

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Is that like an app killer?

App killers don't really save battery life. But for lack of a better word, yes, it's like an app killer.

The Android system uses RAM much differently than a computer does. App killers are based on the notion that Android RAM is used like a computers RAM, and it's not. So they often do more harm than good.

http://www.androidpit.com/do-task-killers-work

Juice Defender actually manages your battery usage. Turning on and off 4g/3G radios, WIFI, Bluetooth, etc, and managing apps usage and access to those radios, and screen brightness in order to preserve actual battery life, instead of uselessly trying to "free up" RAM by killing apps.

SR
11-27-2012, 04:29 PM
App killers don't really save battery life. But for lack of a better word, yes, it's like an app killer.

The Android system uses RAM much differently than a computer does. App killers are based on the notion that Android RAM is used like a computers RAM, and it's not. So they often do more harm than good.

http://www.androidpit.com/do-task-killers-work

Juice Defender actually manages your battery usage. Turning on and off 4g/3G radios, WIFI, Bluetooth, etc, and managing apps usage and access to those radios, and screen brightness in order to preserve actual battery life, instead of uselessly trying to "free up" RAM by killing apps.

Gotcha. Do android phones not have auto brightness for the screen? I know the brighter it gets the more juice it sucks.

BroncoJoe
11-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Gotcha. Do android phones not have auto brightness for the screen? I know the brighter it gets the more juice it sucks.

It has auto set for brightness - but you can also download different apps that adjust to your liking.

Davii
11-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Yes. Moreso than the screen these manage everything else. For instance, if I didn't turn off gps after arriving somewhere the juice defender would notice after a bit and shut it down. Or maybe I'm connected to wifi but for syringe reason still have the 4g antenna on, it would shut it down until I turn it back on or leave the WiFi.

SR
11-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes. Moreso than the screen these manage everything else. For instance, if I didn't turn off gps after arriving somewhere the juice defender would notice after a bit and shut it down. Or maybe I'm connected to wifi but for syringe reason still have the 4g antenna on, it would shut it down until I turn it back on or leave the WiFi.

Hmm. Sounds like battery life is an issue

Davii
11-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Hmm. Sounds like battery life is an issue

On some phones.... I personally haven't dropped below 65% charge yet and that was after more than 24 hrs without being plugged in. Many tests have found the S3 and the new nexus to have a better battery life than the iPhone 4s or 5. And let's not even discuss the map issue... Apple made a Microsoft type move and screwed their entire fanboi customer base out of a better experience there.

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2012, 09:43 PM
So, all this talk of phones prompted me to check when I'm eligible for an upgrade. . .

Lo and behold, I'm eligible Dec. 7.

So, what should I be getting? I probably won't do anything immediately, so are there any new phones on the horizon of coming out?

Thnikkaman
11-27-2012, 09:58 PM
NTL, I've been looking here

http://www.newcellphonesblog.com/

But I don't know what carrier you're on.

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2012, 10:06 PM
NTL, I've been looking here

http://www.newcellphonesblog.com/

But I don't know what carrier you're on.

Thanks.

I think I'll wait a while. There's not really anything out there that is a big enough upgrade from my HTC Thunderbolt to make the hassle worthwhile.

Davii
11-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks.

I think I'll wait a while. There's not really anything out there that is a big enough upgrade from my HTC Thunderbolt to make the hassle worthwhile.

The S3 or the new Nexus are both good upgrades for you NTL.

SR
11-28-2012, 06:08 AM
Thanks.

iPhone

NightTrainLayne
11-28-2012, 09:23 AM
iPhone

I've got an iPod touch, and an iPad.

I don't want to downgrade my smartphone though.

Thnikkaman
11-28-2012, 10:01 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_make8834ib1rqyzs4.gif

SR
11-28-2012, 10:31 AM

Then get an iPhone FIVE! ;)

Thnikkaman
11-28-2012, 10:35 AM

Or get a powerful piece of hardware that doesn't treat you like you are waiting in line for Oranges in the USSR.

Davii
11-28-2012, 11:18 AM

That way you're only "somewhat" behind on technology instead of "ridiculously" far behind like on the 4 or below?

QR8A3T6sPzU

Dapper Dan
11-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Something I didn't understand about the commercial, wouldn't the thing where you bump Galaxy phones together to exchange information be the same as the iPhone Bump app?

Davii
11-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Something I didn't understand about the commercial, wouldn't the thing where you bump Galaxy phones together to exchange information be the same as the iPhone Bump app?

No. The bump app has nothing to do with near field communications. The bump app, which is on both iphone and android, sends contact info and other small bits by sms or mms if i remember correctly. Newer versions can send pics over the internet but takes time, requires the application on both phones, pins, requests, etc, and utilize data services so it counts against those of you that have data limits.

Think of NFC more like an auto pair Bluetooth file transfer of sorts. The phones send the data between each other, no cell tower etc needed, so it doesn't count against you. I can even send an app to someone's phone, or load directions on Google maps and shoot them to my nexus 7 tablet, etc.

NFC is used for a lot more than sharing photos, the possibilities are huge. For instance, I went to the grocery store last night, when I was at the register I held my phone near the pay pass, entered my pin on my phone and received the receipt on my phone.

NFC is growing in popularity and usefulness quickly. Apple does not have NFC on the new iPhone but does plan it for the next model.

Check out nearfieldcommunication.org to learn more, it's pretty cool to think of the uses for it.

Dapper Dan
11-28-2012, 05:36 PM
No. The bump app has nothing to do with near field communications. The bump app, which is on both iphone and android, sends contact info and other small bits by sms or mms if i remember correctly. Newer versions can send pics over the internet but takes time, requires the application on both phones, pins, requests, etc, and utilize data services so it counts against those of you that have data limits.

Think of NFC more like an auto pair Bluetooth file transfer of sorts. The phones send the data between each other, no cell tower etc needed, so it doesn't count against you. I can even send an app to someone's phone, or load directions on Google maps and shoot them to my nexus 7 tablet, etc.

NFC is used for a lot more than sharing photos, the possibilities are huge. For instance, I went to the grocery store last night, when I was at the register I held my phone near the pay pass, entered my pin on my phone and received the receipt on my phone.

NFC is growing in popularity and usefulness quickly. Apple does not have NFC on the new iPhone but does plan it for the next model.

Check out nearfieldcommunication.org to learn more, it's pretty cool to think of the uses for it.

What all devices does it work on? My wife has the Galaxy S3, but can I do it on my Motorola Atrix? I'll keep trying to look it up. I was just wondering if you or someone already knew from personal experience.

Dapper Dan
11-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Nevermind. No NFC on my phone.

Davii
11-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Nevermind. No NFC on my phone.

Check out nfcworld (http://www.nfcworld.com/nfc-phones-list/) for a list of phones that are currently NFC compatible.

BroncoDiva87
11-30-2012, 07:40 PM
iPhone

I have an ipod touch and an iPad as well, but there is too much Istill like about android to give it up completely

Thnikkaman
12-01-2012, 10:29 AM
My upgrade is today. I may have to suck it up and do the Walmart deal to get the Galaxy S III. The $100 gift card may be too much to pass up. If I do the buyback with my old phone, I'll pretty much be getting the phone for $25.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Sounds like a no-brainer.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2012, 11:28 AM
My upgrade is today. I may have to suck it up and do the Walmart deal to get the Galaxy S III. The $100 gift card may be too much to pass up. If I do the buyback with my old phone, I'll pretty much be getting the phone for $25.

I got the Motorola Atrix HD. I paid $20 and then got the $100 Wal Mart card.

SR
12-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I got an iPhone 4. Two years ago. And it's a warrior.

Thnikkaman
12-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I love this phone so far. So glad I avoided the brick that is the iPhone.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2012, 05:14 PM

You got the Galaxy S3?

They're pretty awesome.

SR
12-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Your brain is a brick

Dapper Dan
12-01-2012, 06:15 PM
You don't have to buy an otterbox for a brick to keep it from shattering.

SR
12-01-2012, 06:32 PM
You don't have to buy an otterbox for a brick to keep it from shattering.

I don't think they make Otter cases big enough for Tinker's head

Thnikkaman
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I don't think they make Otter cases big enough for Tinker's head

Why would they? My head isn't an electronic device. .. yet.

Sent from my mighty Galaxy S III using Google chrome.

Dapper Dan
12-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Why would they? My head isn't an electronic device. .. yet.

Hahaha. Nice.

SR
12-02-2012, 09:21 PM

Well done