PDA

View Full Version : Broncos rookie RB Ronnie Hillman "very excited" about additional snaps

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Speaking to reporters following Friday's practice, Broncos rookie running back Ronnie Hillman acknowledged that practices "were different" this week.

Hillman is expected to get more carries Sunday in Kansas City as a replacement for injured starter Willis McGahee. But Hillman, a former San Diego State standout, said he doesn't feel nervous.

"I'm very excited," he said. "It's just another opportunity to play ball and I'm looking forward to going out there to play."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22054048/broncos-show-energy-during-friday-practice-before-departing

shank
11-23-2012, 11:30 PM
hopefully more touches will allow him to get in rythm and show more of what he's already shown a few flashes of.

turftoad
11-24-2012, 11:14 AM
hopefully more touches will allow him to get in rythm and show more of what he's already shown a few flashes of.

I hope so too. I have Leshone McCoy hurt so I am starting Hillman in one of my fantasy leagues.

SR
11-24-2012, 12:02 PM
I personally want to see Hillman run with a little tenacity. He showed on this TD run that he's not afraid to put his head down and make contact. I'd like to see that more. IMO, the kid has a lot to prove and now is his time to show why he was drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

UnderArmour
11-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Hillman isn't suited to fill the role of bruising back so I have a feeling Moreno is the back to watch tomorrow. Hillman is an explosive player but he's a better pass catcher and change of pace guy than a "run it down your throat" back. We've carried Moreno for the inevitable moment that McGahee got injured and with our offense there simply was not enough room on the game plan to keep 2 of the same type of back active on our roster up to this point. Hillman will be the lead back in name only, it's Moreno's job to lose.

Chef Zambini
11-24-2012, 12:19 PM
its still first and foremost about executing the BLOCKING assignment.
it puzzles me how all of you ignore this top priority !
the runner that BLOCKS the best will see the most PLAYS !
I am guessing thats BALL !
who gets the most TOUCHES?
that matters less than who is designated to keep PFM clean !
yes we need a run game, but most important we need a healthy PFM ! (the run game is part of that equasion, I know )