PDA

View Full Version : So how big of a blow out can we expect?

CrazyHorse
11-22-2012, 02:58 PM
How many points will we beat the Chiefs by? I'm thinking at least 20 but that might be on the low end.

BroncoWave
11-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Definitely 20 or more. Game will be over by halftime.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-22-2012, 03:01 PM
I think we lose this one...

UnderArmour
11-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Brady Quinn will throw for 7 touchdowns and the Chiefs will win 55-10 (Knowshon will run for an 80 yard TD in garbage time).

smith49
11-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Remember the packers v chiefs last year?? Just sayin....... This one might be worse.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Are the Broncos good enough to be this arrogant?.......

BroncoWave
11-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Are the Broncos good enough to be this arrogant?.......

The beautiful thing about being a fan is that you can be as arrogant as you want and it will have no impact on the game.

weazel
11-22-2012, 04:34 PM
you guys are expecting a blow out? You must not watch many Broncos vs Chiefs games.
I dont see the Chiefs offense doing much but there is nothing wrong with their defense.

pulse
11-22-2012, 05:24 PM
you guys are expecting a blow out? You must not watch many Broncos vs Chiefs games.
I dont see the Chiefs offense doing much but there is nothing wrong with their defense.

Romeo Crennel coached teams and defenses have had by far the most success against Peyton Manning over his career:

Peyton Manning in 9 games vs. Romeo Crennel:

CMP/ATT: 197/322 for 61.2% (career: 65.1%)
Y/A: 6.64 (career: 7.6)
TD/INT: 9 TDs / 14 INTs (career: 423 TDs / 205 INTs)
QB Rating: 71.92 (career: 95.4)
Record: 3-6
Points per game: 17

If Peyton Manning's past performances versus Crennel is an indicator for Sunday, Kansas City should be able hold Denver to one of its lowest offensive outputs of the season. However, as alluded to in the previous post, the Chief's offense is so horrible that we may score on defense or put our offense in such great field position, it won't matter how good a defensive effort the Chief's show against Peyton. He should have more than one short field scoring opportunity on Sunday.

I say a 26-13 Broncos win.

iLands
11-22-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm never excited to go to Arrowhead.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2012, 07:12 PM
The beautiful thing about being a fan is that you can be as arrogant as you want and it will have no impact on the game.

See what fame does to ya?.......

Az Snake
11-22-2012, 07:27 PM

chefs played Big Ben and the steelers tough.
TumbaHali and a few other guys on their D played lights out.

I'm worried about Hillis. If he is healthy.....
Jamal Charlie ain't no slouch, he can bust out some yards.
Bowe had a full practice today.

I'm sure the Broncos are not looking past the chefs.
Coach Fox and Coach Manning won't take them for granted.

Broncos 44
chefs 13

SR
11-22-2012, 07:47 PM

chefs played Big Ben and the steelers tough.
TumbaHali and a few other guys on their D played lights out.

I'm worried about Hillis. If he is healthy.....
Jamal Charlie ain't no slouch, he can bust out some yards.
Bowe had a full practice today.

I'm sure the Broncos are not looking past the chefs.
Coach Fox and Coach Manning won't take them for granted.

Broncos 44
chefs 13

I think against the Chiefs the key is to get ahead early and take their running game out of the match. Force Brady Quinn to beat them through the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Dapper Dan
11-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Peyton Manning is 6-1 against KC.

SR
11-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Peyton Manning is 6-1 against KC.

But he's also got a bad record against Romeo Crennel. But these stats are worthless IMO

MOtorboat
11-22-2012, 08:09 PM
This basically ensures it won't be...

Dapper Dan
11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Anything can happen, but Kansas City is pretty awful. When Jamaal Charles is held to under 233 yard rushing, the Chiefs have lost. Do we even know who the starting QB is? I know Crennel may coach a good defense, but his offenses have been historically pretty bad.

shank
11-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Anything can happen, but Kansas City is pretty awful. When Jamaal Charles is held to under 233 yard rushing, the Chiefs have lost. Do we even know who the starting QB is? I know Crennel may coach a good defense, but his offenses have been historically pretty bad.

lol

nyuk nyuk
11-22-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm actually nervous missing McGahee. I'm thinking we may not win this.

Locnar
11-22-2012, 09:46 PM
This game is a tarp.

Dapper Dan
11-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I was worried about this game earlier in the season. Now I'm not. Now I'm just trying to differentiate between the people actually worried and the people who are trying to "unjinx" us.

Thnikkaman
11-22-2012, 09:58 PM
9-3 Broncos

SR
11-22-2012, 10:08 PM
9-3 Broncos

Tebow is gone...

Dapper Dan
11-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Tebow is gone...

But Romeo is still there.

Thnikkaman
11-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Tebow is gone...

Oh, in that case 10-3 Broncos.

MOtorboat
11-22-2012, 10:25 PM
This game is a tarp.

http://dayofthejedi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/142.jpg

NightTrainLayne
11-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Jesus Christ. I hate it when everybody gets cocky. This is a road game in the NFL, and there are some very talented guys on the other side of the ball from us.

SR
11-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Jesus Christ. I hate it when everybody gets cocky. This is a road game in the NFL, and there are some very talented guys on the other side of the ball from us.

That's exactly how I feel.

Dapper Dan
11-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Alluh Akbar, the Chiefs are nearly the worst team in the NFL. I don't really like cockiness either, but I don't see what it matters either way. The FO doesn't listen to us unless we buy a billboard. They're not overlooking the queefs. :elefant:

I will be let down if we lose to the Chiefs. It doesn't matter if I feel confident or cautious about the game.

SR
11-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Alluh Akbar.

What?

Davii
11-22-2012, 10:55 PM
What?

He was making light of another poster saying Jesus Christ.

tomjonesrocks
11-22-2012, 11:11 PM
This team has a way of not taking care of business the way elite teams do.

I say Denver wins, but in a much less convincing way than anticipated.

Will say 24-17 or so.

igoe4broncos
11-22-2012, 11:26 PM
This team has a way of not taking care of business the way elite teams do.

I say Denver wins, but in a much less convincing way than anticipated.

Will say 24-17 or so.

So far, they haven't had much of a problem with that at all. They've beaten all the teams they should beat. They've lost to three good teams (Texans, Pats, Falcons).

Peyton Manning doesn't overlook anyone. He mentioned how tough playing at Arrowhead is at least three times in last week's postgame presser alone. He will have the boys ready to play, I believe.

tubby
11-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Brady Quinn is not one of them. :snicker:

BroncoWave
11-23-2012, 12:29 AM
LOL at fans who think anything a fan says will have any impact on the game. And a bigger LOL at anyone worried we will lose this game. Not gonna happen.

MOtorboat
11-23-2012, 12:30 AM
LOL at fans who think anything a fan says will have any impact on the game. And a bigger LOL at anyone worried we will lose this game. Not gonna happen.

I'm so glad your opinion doesn't matter...

BroncoWave
11-23-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm so glad your opinion doesn't matter...

None of our opinions make any difference in the outcome of the game. That's why I can come on here and be arrogant and it matters not one bit.

MOtorboat
11-23-2012, 12:35 AM
None of our opinions make any difference in the outcome of the game. That's why I can come on here and be arrogant and it matters not one bit.

Correct, but human nature does.

Many fans think players are robots and actually adhere to "coach-speak" and "one game at a time" cliches. They don't. And if fans are cocky, or overlooking the game, or wondering not if the team will win, but by how much, then so are the players. If not more so.

While I joke about "football gods" and "karma" it's more like human nature. So, yes, I do believe the attitude of the fans can be a direct reflection of the feeling of the team. Why? Because its human nature and these players aren't robots.

BroncoWave
11-23-2012, 12:38 AM

Many fans think players are robots and actually adhere to "coach-speak" and "one game at a time" cliches. They don't. And if fans are cocky, or overlooking the game, or wondering not if the team will win, but by how much, then so are the players. If not more so.

While I joke about "football gods" and "karma" it's more like human nature. So, yes, I do believe the attitude of the fans can be a direct reflection of the feeling of the team. Why? Because its human nature and these players aren't robots.

There are just as many fans on here who are scared of this game as think it will be a blowout. I don't think it has any relation to how the players approach games. All Fox has to do is stick in a tape of the GB-KC game from last season. But I also think people forget we have a QB who doesn't overlook anyone. I think he rubs off on the team more than the fans do.

Day1BroncoFan
11-23-2012, 12:56 AM
When was the last time we blew out the chiefs?

Dapper Dan
11-23-2012, 01:04 AM

The last time we had Peyton Manning.

Day1BroncoFan
11-23-2012, 01:08 AM
The last time we had Peyton Manning.

Never.

bcbronc
11-23-2012, 01:35 AM

no, it's 100% about the football gods. You don't ******* mock them. :tsk:

Nomad
11-23-2012, 01:45 AM

I think they did when Orton was QB one year @ Arrowhead. I'd have to look it up, but usually games are close.

sneakers
11-23-2012, 04:49 AM
Chiefs 7, Broncos 3.

MOtorboat
11-23-2012, 08:57 AM

Very true.

Dapper Dan
11-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Chiefs 7, Broncos 3.

That was last year. We didn't have Dan Koppen.

LTC Pain
11-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Forget about the "blow out". Let's just chew up the Chiefs one quarter at a time with methodic Broncos' football. Release the Von-Doom-Wolfe-Manning-DT-Holliday!!! GO BRONCOS!

BroncoWave
11-23-2012, 12:12 PM

The football gods can suck my balls. I dare them to have the Chiefs win this week.

Day1BroncoFan
11-23-2012, 12:15 PM
The football gods can suck my balls. I dare them to have the Chiefs win this week.

You're asking for trouble.

BroncoWave
11-23-2012, 12:20 PM
You're asking for trouble.

I'm just proving a point of how stupid superstitions are. I will happily bump this thread after the game Sunday.

Day1BroncoFan
11-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm just proving a point of how stupid superstitions are. I will happily bump this thread after the game Sunday.

Happily if we lose?

BroncoWave
11-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Happily if we lose?

We aren't going to lose.

Day1BroncoFan
11-23-2012, 12:44 PM
We aren't going to lose.

Okay mister prophet.

SR
11-23-2012, 01:00 PM

I'm not superstitious but I wear home jerseys when they play at home and away when they're away. I don't know why I do it but I don't believe it has any bearing on the outcome of the game.

BroncoWave
11-23-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm not superstitious but I wear home jerseys when they play at home and away when they're away. I don't know why I do it but I don't believe it has any bearing on the outcome of the game.

I think all fans do things like that. It's just the fans who seriously believe those actions will have some impact on the game or believe that proclaiming a blowout will anger the football gods are the ones I like to make fun of.

SR
11-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I think all fans do things like that. It's just the fans who seriously believe those actions will have some impact on the game or believe that proclaiming a blowout will anger the football gods are the ones I like to make fun of.

I hear ya. IMO, superstitious routines are ridiculous.

Nomad
11-23-2012, 01:13 PM
I hear ya. IMO, superstitious routines are ridiculous.

So that means I can wash my BRONCO skivvies now.:lol:

Day1BroncoFan
11-23-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't have the superstition thing going on but I do believe there is a chance KC can win. I laugh at people that think it's a lock that we win.

Thnikkaman
11-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Superstitions are dumb. I just don't expect a blowout based on the rivalry and history.

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't have the superstition thing going on but I do believe there is a chance KC can win. I laugh at people that think it's a lock that we win.

Exactly. It's not about superstition, it's about not recognizing the limits of our favored team.

As a moderator, I hate it because when we do lose a game that everyone was overconfident about, all Hell breaks loose around here.

topscribe
11-23-2012, 07:41 PM
This may be a closer game than we expect because:

1. There are some good players on KC's defense
2. It is a Divisional game - ongoing, deep rivalries are so unpredictable
3. Despite their consciously throwing the W-L record "out the window," the Broncos players cannot help but subconsciously to consider it.

The rubber match will probably be a blowout for Denver. This one . . . Denver will likely win, but count me mildly nervous . . .

jhildebrand
11-23-2012, 08:24 PM
KC hung with Baltimore a few weeks back. If it weren't for Crennell and his idiotic coaching, KC might have won. KC has a fast and physical D. Finally, anything can happen with division games.

CrazyHorse
11-24-2012, 01:33 AM
If we can get out to an early lead things should go pretty good. The Raiders were a rivalry game too and we took pretty good care of them.

Chef Zambini
11-24-2012, 02:19 AM
we shouls put up a 50 burger on the cheifs !
and our D should hold them to ten points or less !
but...
will we have a run game?
will holliday put the ball on the ground?
will we continue to show that we can stop the run?

Ravage!!!
11-24-2012, 11:37 AM

I think this game is going to be a LOT closer than people think. Its the Chiefs, and they may be bad, but its a BIG rival...at their stadium.. when they have NOTHING to lose. Their season is shot, so the ONLY thing they gain is by putting a major turd in our soup by beating us.

When we don't win by a huge margin, people around here will start wondering whats wrong... Zam will question the "toughness" of the coaches and why we weren't "mentally prepared", purely based on not beating another NFL team by a big margin.

Chef Zambini
11-24-2012, 12:56 PM
ravage I will pay you 100 if you can find ANY post of mine on the WWW where i said ANY coach was not "tough' or "lacked toughness."
once again you try to tell others what I have said or think and are way off base.
you are the classic box of rocks member !

If we lose to the cheifs, it will be because our PLAYERS did not take this game seriouisly.
or they shit the bed in their performance.

I have questioned the starting gameplans of our first 4 games, but always applauded the second half adjustments of both O and D.
I repect these coaches and only have concerns about our ST coach wether or not those ST players are prepared for all situations and in complete familiarity with the rules.
But I dont believe this group of coaches will take ANY opponent likely and they are not the type to install a gameplan for a big opponent 2 weeks early, ignoring the opponent for the upcoming week.' something shanahan did all the time !

Canmore
11-25-2012, 12:16 AM
I think this game is going to be a LOT closer than people think. Its the Chiefs, and they may be bad, but its a BIG rival...at their stadium.. when they have NOTHING to lose. Their season is shot, so the ONLY thing they gain is by putting a major turd in our soup by beating us.

When we don't win by a huge margin, people around here will start wondering whats wrong... Zam will question the "toughness" of the coaches and why we weren't "mentally prepared", purely based on not beating another NFL team by a big margin.

I was having this discussion with my brother and I to think that this game has an awfully big chance of being a lot closer than many are predicting. Yes, we are huge rivals and nothing would make the Chiefs happier than to stick it to Denver.

CrazyHorse
11-25-2012, 01:39 PM
It appears I have angered the football gods.

SR
11-25-2012, 01:39 PM
It appears I have angered the football gods.

Don't let BTB read that

BroncoWave
11-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh look, jinxes aren't real. Imagine that.

MOtorboat
11-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Oh look, jinxes aren't real. Imagine that.

So eight points is a blowout.

You and jhil need to have a conversation.

NightTrainLayne
11-25-2012, 04:26 PM
BTB = correct about jinxes, +1

BTB = completely off base on blowout prediction, -1

Net = 0

NightTrainLayne
11-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Actually, I'm not sure being right about jinxes is worth +1.

BTB might be in the negative here.

ikillz0mbies
11-25-2012, 04:27 PM
/thread

MOtorboat
11-25-2012, 04:28 PM
BTB = correct about jinxes, +1

BTB = completely off base on blowout prediction, -1

Net = 0

Technically, this does not prove jinxes aren't real.

Simple Jaded
11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Now ya know.......

BroncoWave
11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
We won the game. Who cares by how much?

ikillz0mbies
11-25-2012, 04:52 PM
So no more "how big of a blow out can we expect" threads then?

I Eat Staples
11-25-2012, 04:54 PM
The good part about being a fan is you can be completely arrogant or wrong and it won't affect anything at all.

MOtorboat
11-25-2012, 05:00 PM
The good part about being a fan is you can be completely arrogant or wrong and it won't affect anything at all.

And you can also be superstitious. Yay!

ikillz0mbies
11-25-2012, 05:18 PM
And you get good ol' egg on your face when you make presumptions like that!

BroncoWave
11-25-2012, 05:40 PM

Exactly. I get a great laugh over people who freak out about threads like this.

CrazyHorse
11-25-2012, 10:01 PM
And you can also be superstitious. Yay!

It's only weird if it doesn't work.

Thnikkaman
11-25-2012, 11:34 PM
It's only weird if it doesn't work.

That's what people who drink piss beer say

MOtorboat
11-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Say what you want. Superstition is real. Whether it has any bearing on anything is debateable. But superstitions are real.

Some of it is human psyche. And, like I pointed out before, it's completely naive to think players don't believe in superstitions and if those superstitions aren't conducted in the same manner every week things are off. And when you feel like things are off, they tend to be off.

Same with fans. Frankly, it's stupid not to acknowledge, or at least have fun with, superstitions.

Davii
11-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Say what you want. Superstition is real. Whether it has any bearing on anything is debateable. But superstitions are real.

Some of it is human psyche. And, like I pointed out before, it's completely naive to think players don't believe in superstitions and if those superstitions aren't conducted in the same manner every week things are off. And when you feel like things are off, they tend to be off.

Same with fans. Frankly, it's stupid not to acknowledge, or at least have fun with, superstitions.

Like Pudge not wearing his jersey. I think we have definitive proof that he made Prater miss. Twice.

Chef Zambini
11-26-2012, 03:01 AM
prater played like he was hung over !

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 07:50 AM

I understand the mental preparedness superstitions have on the players, but there is nothing supernatural about it. Especially when it comes to the fans.

Nomad
11-26-2012, 08:37 AM
BRONCOS will not blow out the Bucs......that's my psychic prediction:lol:

bcbronc
11-26-2012, 04:10 PM
I understand the mental preparedness superstitions have on the players, but there is nothing supernatural about it. Especially when it comes to the fans.

How can you be sure? There's scientific proof confirming prayer works. There's scientific proof confirming placebos work. There's tons of coincidental support for superstitions working. The way I see it, until it can be confirmed 100% that the football gods aren't swayed by superstitions and bad threads, why take the chance?? ;)

Ravage!!!
11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
wait.. I want to see "scientific proof" that prayer works

BroncoWave
11-26-2012, 04:26 PM

As would I, but I fear that would veer to far into P&R territory.

Thnikkaman
11-26-2012, 04:38 PM
How can you be sure? There's scientific proof confirming prayer works. There's scientific proof confirming placebos work. There's tons of coincidental support for superstitions working. The way I see it, until it can be confirmed 100% that the football gods aren't swayed by superstitions and bad threads, why take the chance?? ;)

There are football gods? Well in that case...:coffee:

I Eat Staples
11-26-2012, 04:49 PM
If a player wears a lucky jock strap every game, and he doesn't wear it one time, then he could play worse because he believes he's at a disadvantage. He isn't actually, but his own belief could hold him back. It's a self-perpetuating cycle because that lucky jock strap had no positive effect in the first place.

A fan who doesn't wear his lucky pair of boxers on gameday, however, will not affect the outcome of the game in any way since he isn't on the field.

And the scientific proof that prayer has positive effects is an example of the placebo effect, which ironically was referenced in the same post.

bcbronc
11-26-2012, 06:25 PM

As would I, but I fear that would veer to far into P&R territory.

Yeah, don't want to take this into P&R territory, but the thread has more or less run it's course so I'll reply. There was a study done where a group prayed for burn victims in a burn ward. I don't remember all the details off the top of my head, but it was "double blind" in that names in the ward were randomly drawn and the prayer group didn't know the person they were praying for, and the prayer recipient wasn't aware of his/her name being drawn. I don't recall exactly what result they measured (mortality, speed of recovery, etc) but they found a significant difference in the group that received prayer over the group that didn't.

Because the recipients weren't aware they were the group being prayed for (not sure if every member of the ward knew there was a chance they would be chosen, or if the study was done without their consent) but that accounts for it being a placebo. Anyway, not going to go try to find the study to post it, but if you're interested it's probably on google somewhere.

Ravage!!!
11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
If a player wears a lucky jock strap every game, and he doesn't wear it one time, then he could play worse because he believes he's at a disadvantage. He isn't actually, but his own belief could hold him back. It's a self-perpetuating cycle because that lucky jock strap had no positive effect in the first place.

A fan who doesn't wear his lucky pair of boxers on gameday, however, will not affect the outcome of the game in any way since he isn't on the field.

And the scientific proof that prayer has positive effects is an example of the placebo effect, which ironically was referenced in the same post.

Actually, thats coincidentally, not ironically :D

Ravage!!!
11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah, don't want to take this into P&R territory, but the thread has more or less run it's course so I'll reply. There was a study done where a group prayed for burn victims in a burn ward. I don't remember all the details off the top of my head, but it was "double blind" in that names in the ward were randomly drawn and the prayer group didn't know the person they were praying for, and the prayer recipient wasn't aware of his/her name being drawn. I don't recall exactly what result they measured (mortality, speed of recovery, etc) but they found a significant difference in the group that received prayer over the group that didn't.

Because the recipients weren't aware they were the group being prayed for (not sure if every member of the ward knew there was a chance they would be chosen, or if the study was done without their consent) but that accounts for it being a placebo. Anyway, not going to go try to find the study to post it, but if you're interested it's probably on google somewhere.

ahhh.. so not proof, more less just an example that things went positively.

CoachChaz
11-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Since we've gone there already, I'll ad my 2 cents. Unless I misunderstood something completely, God already has a master plan for us. He already knows what is going to happen because, for the most part...he scripted it. Yeah, the "free will" excuse conflicts with this a bit, but for the most part...fates are pretty much written. If that's the case, then why bother praying? I mean...if I'm God...and I have a plan...then why would I change my plan simply because some shmuck with a two dollar prayer book is asking me too? If prayer worked all the time, then I could see it's power. But as long as it fails at the same 50/50 rate as me praying to the sun, then it's a waste of time

BroncoNut
11-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Since we've gone there already, I'll ad my 2 cents. Unless I misunderstood something completely, God already has a master plan for us. He already knows what is going to happen because, for the most part...he scripted it. Yeah, the "free will" excuse conflicts with this a bit, but for the most part...fates are pretty much written. If that's the case, then why bother praying? I mean...if I'm God...and I have a plan...then why would I change my plan simply because some shmuck with a two dollar prayer book is asking me too? If prayer worked all the time, then I could see it's power. But as long as it fails at the same 50/50 rate as me praying to the sun, then it's a waste of time

Everything, and I mean Everything happens in God's world for a reason

Thnikkaman
11-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Everything, and I mean Everything happens in God's world for a reason

Which god?

slim
11-27-2012, 12:52 PM

Ah, free will vs. predestination. It is an age-old debate.