PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you and yours have a wonderful day

MOtorboat
11-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Family, food and football for me.

BroncoJoe
11-22-2012, 10:47 AM
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.. The students responded with a unanimous 'yes.'

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand.The students laughed..

'Now,' said the professor as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things---your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.. The sand is everything else---the small stuff.

'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued, 'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and mow the lawn.

Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, 'I'm glad you asked.' The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of Beers with a friend.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Tned
11-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Happy Thanksgiving.

pnbronco
11-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Great story Joe and so very true. Only in the version I heard they didn't have the beer. Funny how the Quilters left that one out....:lol:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I am looking forward to a day of fun and food shared with my family.

Tned thank you so much for providing a place where I can share my love of Bronco Football with others that have that same love. Have a great day.

chazoe60
11-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Happy Thanksgiving all.

Chef Zambini
11-22-2012, 02:44 PM
great story joe, I thnk the prof might also said that if the jar was full with beer first, the golf balls might have been forgotten.
I hope one day we can share a beer together.
happy turkey day everyone !

Davii
11-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just a small turkey dinner with the wife, some football, and late night/black Friday shopping. Good times. I hope everyone and your families have a wonderful holiday.

SR
11-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just a small turkey dinner with the wife, some football, and late night/black Friday shopping. Good times. I hope everyone and your families have a wonderful holiday.

Happy Turkey Day buddy! And the same to everyone else!

I did a Coke ham. Cooked it all night at 200 degrees. Put it in the oven at 8pm and pulled it out at 6am. It was PERFECT. Then today we did some southern green beans with onions and bacon, mashed potatoes, broccoli and rice casserole, and apple cobbler for dessert. Now I'm drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Canmore
11-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody.

gnomeflinger
11-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Happy Turkey Day everyone! I hope you were able to spend the day however you wanted. Thank you to our military service men and women for making sure we still have the freedom to celebrate this holiday.

Day1BroncoFan
11-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

Army Bronco
11-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

pnbronco
11-23-2012, 12:17 PM
We had such a great day. I was just relaxed and kept things easy. I cooked dinner in a couple of hours and got enjoy the football games. I am so grateful to be home and really relax at least this week before I start doing some serious sewing again. I hope you all had a great day and a wonderful weekend.....:D