PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning says Broncos can overcome Willis McGahee's absence

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Peyton Manning said the Broncos will undoubtedly miss injured running back Willis McGahee, but said he believes others can do a good job filling the void.

"We have that 'next man up' philosophy around here. Other teams have it and coach (John) Fox certainly has it," Manning said after practice at Dove Valley. "We've had other players get injured and other players have stepped up, whether it was Chris Kuper or Tracy Porter or whoever it was."

McGahee, sidelined with a torn MCL, "certainly will be missed, he's that good of a player."

rest, plus video, and Manning talking about KC, Thanksgiving, etc.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22043745/peyton-manning-says-broncos-can-overcome-mcgahees-absence

nyuk nyuk
11-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Eh... Without meaningful acquisitions in the pre-season, I don't see it with the bunch we have now. I wanted them to sign Jacobs, or at least someone similar. I think this lack of movement is about to fire on us.

SR
11-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Eh... Without meaningful acquisitions in the pre-season, I don't see it with the bunch we have now. I wanted them to sign Jacobs, or at least someone similar. I think this lack of movement is about to fire on us.

I like Jacobs but he's injury prone. But I do like the thought of an every down back. I hate RBBC. Bad for fantasy football. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Poet
11-21-2012, 06:19 PM
I think this is a blessing in disguise.

BroncoJoe
11-21-2012, 06:31 PM
So let it be written. So let it be done.

Nomad
11-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Perhaps Hillman will have a game like Quentin Griffin had that one year against the Chiefs.....that was a fun game to watch

HORSEPOWER 56
11-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Perhaps Hillman will have a game like Quentin Griffin had that one year against the Chiefs.....that was a fun game to watch

I'd settle for Moreno playing like he has vs the Chiefs in previous outings. The Chiefs are the only team Moreno has rushed for over 100 yds against and he's done it to them twice.

Slick
11-21-2012, 07:24 PM
We'll see.

Chef Zambini
11-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Perhaps Hillman will have a game like Quentin Griffin had that one year against the Chiefs.....that was a fun game to watchactrually I think it was a monster game against the colts !

Chef Zambini
11-21-2012, 07:56 PM
first and foremost its pass protection !

nyuk nyuk
11-22-2012, 01:25 AM

I like Jacobs but he's injury prone. But I do like the thought of an every down back. I hate RBBC. Bad for fantasy football. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yes but so is our boy. I think we'll get bit in the butt with the ’depth’ we have right now. Should have looked for a good big back.

bcbronc
11-22-2012, 03:35 AM
We just have to find a way to have enough success on the ground to keep teams honest. We can't win the games that matter most if Peyton has to throw 65-70% of the time. But we don't need to run for 130 yards a game either.

Dean
11-22-2012, 10:13 AM
With Kuper back, we have above average run blocking. Use the pass to set up the run and we can be effective. As BC stated, we don't have to be league leaders rushing the ball to keep the defense from ignoring play action.