PDA

View Full Version : broncos work out Steve Slaton

BroncoBowlby 88
11-21-2012, 03:49 PM
He left dove valley without a contract. Thoughts?

Buff
11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Seems like he's had quite a few workouts and no contracts recently. I think we're going to sink or swim with the backs on the roster, and anyone we bring in at this point would be mostly for depth. Not getting too enamored with name recognition.

Dapper Dan
11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
A less talented player that knows your system and knows his teammates is better than a more talented player that doesn't. It doesn't help that Slaton is less talented, in my opinion.

DenBronx
11-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Moreno is a better option than Slaton.

OrangeHoof
11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Make sure to get a neck x-ray. After he had neck surgery, he lost all interest in taking a hit.

BroncoBowlby 88
11-21-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't think it's a bad idea to bring in someone else (they also brought in Jacob Hester). None of the backs we have on the roster bring the same style of play that Willis did, Knowshon is the closest but he doesn't hit the hole as hard or fight for extra yards, hillman needs reps and is more of a scat back, ball is just not as talented as the pack but serviceable. Slaton or Hester could be more of the every down type and offer more talent at the position as a whole. I also think that the organization not just bringing up Jeremiah Johnson from practice squad may say that they don't think he's ready for the big stage.
It will take some time for the new guys to learn the system (that's if we even pick up anyone up) but I still think there is a lot of season left, and a talent upgrade can't hurt.

cmc0605
11-21-2012, 07:10 PM
At this point, I think it's pretty clear that Hillman, Ball, and Moreno are the ones the coaches are going to turn to. We might bring in another guy for depth, but I don't expect that they will be taking over the bulk of carries. My guess is that Moreno and Hillman will be competing for the most touches. Slaton wasn't bad in Houston before Arian Foster took his job, but I think we have better options.