PDA

View Full Version : McGahee placed on IR

pnbronco
11-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Just got a text that Willis has been placed on season-ending IR. Dang it!!!!!

Timmy!
11-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Shit.

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 11:42 AM
You sure it's not the designated to return IR?

Northman
11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Too bad.

But as the saying goes, must move forward. Still a lot of work to do and still have the goal of a championship. Git r done.

Ravage!!!
11-21-2012, 11:44 AM
ugh

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 11:46 AM
maybe beef will be getting a call soon.

I'm not even sure what injured reserve is. sounds like it means they can't play while on it, but can't you remove them from it? no need to explain, just saying, that's where I am

MileHighCrew
11-21-2012, 11:47 AM
From Rotoworld.

Broncos placed Willis McGahee (knee, leg) on injured reserve, ending his season.
McGahee was hoping to return in 4-6 weeks and contribute in the playoffs. It's not going to happen. He has a torn MCL and a broken leg, injuries that aren't expected to require surgery but will keep him completely off his feet for at least a month. It ends an eye-opening campaign for McGahee, who averaged 95.2 total yards per game and ripped off 4.37 yards per carry in his age-31 season. Due just $2.5 million in 2013, he's likely to be back in 2013 as the Broncos' starter. They'll play out the rest of this season with Ronnie Hillman, Lance Ball and Knowshon Moreno manning the backfield. Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter Nov 21 - 11:25 AM

GEM
11-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Broncos worked out Steve Slaten yesterday. Heard it on The Fan this morning.

Tned
11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
You sure it's not the designated to return IR?

So far, the reports are season ending. Hoping that Glazer and the others doesn't have all the details.

Might have been they determined the injury was worse than initially thought.

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Broncos worked out Steve Slaten yesterday. Heard it on The Fan this morning.

seems like i've heard that name, who is he?

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Well if it is season-ending I still say it's not the end of the world. The worst rushing team in football won the Super Bowl last season. They way our defense and Manning is playing, we still have a chance. And who knows, maybe Moreno will play with some fire now after being inactive for so long.

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 11:50 AM

Really fast RB out of West Virginia. Pretty much has no other skills besides being fast. We don't really need him since we have Hillman.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Denver Broncos head coach John Fox said earlier this week he didn't plan on placing running back Willis McGahee on injured reserve. Something changed in the meantime.

Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer says the Broncos placed Willis McGahee on injured reserve Wednesday, ending his season.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000098559/article/willis-mcgahee-heads-to-injured-reserve-with-knee-injury

AND

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

I'm checking with Broncos to see if they have the option to take him off IR if he heals faster than expected.

How did McGahee go from 6-8 weeks to done for the year?

Wow. McGahee on season-ending IR. this changes everything.

MileHighCrew
11-21-2012, 11:51 AM

He played for the Texans...

Tned
11-21-2012, 11:52 AM
This is from VicLombardi, who himself just found out about it minutes ago, but must have reached out to get more details:

RT @VicLombardi: Okay, here's the deal. Strong possibility he will be placed on IR today. But they may have option to reactivate him for AFC title game.

RT @VicLombardi: Bottom line, the injury is worse than expected. They don't want to make a hasty decision regarding IR until they get a better prognosis.

LRtagger
11-21-2012, 11:52 AM

He ran for 1000+ for the Texans a few years ago.

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
He played for the Texans...

drafted in the 3rd round by them in 08. just googled. Sounds like he's solid for a FA. decent stats, age, race, height, and weight. detroit has looked at him too. he must have been released by the dolphins huh?

Tned
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
and this:

RT @9NEWSSports: Sources tells @9NEWSSports that RB Willis McGahee has not been placed on IR yet but there is a high probability the team will do so today.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
UPDATE FROM VIC:

Bottom line, the injury is worse than expected. They don't want to make a hasty decision regarding IR until they get a better prognosis.

Okay, here's the deal. Strong possibility he will be placed on IR today. But they may have option to reactivate him for AFC title game

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 12:09 PM
He can practice in 6 weeks and play in 8, so we would get him back for the AFCCG if we make it that far.

Chef Zambini
11-21-2012, 12:09 PM
I cant believe some of you are being so cavalier about mcgehhes loss.
you obviously fail to understand the importance a running game has to the success of our PASSING attack and ability to sustain drives and move the chains.

shows a real lack of understanding about the game of football. typical for dance enthusiasts.

topscribe
11-21-2012, 12:11 PM
rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000098559/article/willis-mcgahee-heads-to-injured-reserve-with-knee-injury

AND

I'm checking with Broncos to see if they have the option to take him off IR if he heals faster than expected.

How did McGahee go from 6-8 weeks to done for the year?

Wow. McGahee on season-ending IR. this changes everything.

I don't think so, Carol. McGahee was killing it, true. But probably the best thing
that could have happened for the running game is the return of Kuper. Also,
Moreno's knee is completely recovered, according to reports, and he is fresh.
And let's remember that he did run for 974 yards in his freshman season. He
has also reportedly bulked up to 215 lbs. So we may be in for a surprise.

If nothing else, however, the journeyman efforts of Ball and Hillman should
be enough to complement Manning, and Jeremiah Johnson is still on ice. I
would like to see them maybe bring back Omon since he knows the offense,
and my memory of him is his carrying several defenders and the ball with
him into the end zone.

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 12:12 PM
you obviously fail to understand the importance a running game has to the success of our PASSING attack and ability to sustain drives and move the chains.

shows a real lack of understanding about the game of football. typical for dance enthusiasts.

yeah zam, no other teams ever been in this type of situation, especially in November. yeah all that Free agency and roster depth is a pretty superfulous consideration. wait, did you say that the running game is important in opening up the passing game? Is that really true ZAM?

the only sticks that should be moved are the ones up your ass!!

but
you're right, panic mode

chazoe60
11-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Any idea who gets the roster spot. Will they bring up Jeremiah Johnson? It sucks to lose McGahee but all teams face this at some point. Next man up. Maybe this is the chance Knowshon needs to show what he can do also maybe the chip on his shoulder will propel him to impress.

NightTerror218
11-21-2012, 12:21 PM
he will get designation to return in 8 weeks if actually placed on.

LRtagger
11-21-2012, 12:24 PM

While yes you are correct, he has only run for more than 66 yards once in our 5 game winning streak and only has more than 100 yards in two of our seven wins this season. I think with our good to great Oline we should be able to reproduce those numbers with the other backs on our roster - or at least come close to it.

GEM
11-21-2012, 12:26 PM

Zam your high horse is being weighed down by that huge ego of yours. Unfortunately most of the ego is just a bunch of hot air.

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 12:28 PM
While yes you are correct, he has only run for more than 66 yards once in our 5 game winning streak and only has more than 100 yards in two of our seven wins this season. I think with our good to great Oline we should be able to reproduce those numbers with the other backs on our roster - or at least come close to it.

Agreed. People are really overrating how good McGahee has been this season. He's been decent but his fumbling problems and 4.3 YPC won't exactly be impossible to replace.

I'll say it again. The WORST running team in football won the Super Bowl last season. The days of needing a great running game to win the Super Bowl are over. We were going to go as far as Manning and the defense take us with or without Willis.

Slick
11-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't think so, Carol. McGahee was killing it, true. But probably the best thing
that could have happened for the running game is the return of Kuper. Also,
Moreno's knee is completely recovered, according to reports, and he is fresh.
And let's remember that he did run for 974 yards in his freshman season. He
has also reportedly bulked up to 215 lbs. So we may be in for a surprise.

If nothing else, however, the journeyman efforts of Ball and Hillman should
be enough to complement Manning, and Jeremiah Johnson is still on ice. I
would like to see them maybe bring back Omon since he knows the offense,
and my memory of him is his carrying several defenders and the ball with
him into the end zone.

I still think we need to bring in a back with some meat on his bones. I didn't see Omon because we don't get much pre season football here in Mexico but I wouldn't be opposed to that. I would prefer a veteran but you and others have said that Omon ran tough when given the chance.

jhildebrand
11-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

IR for Willis McGahee expected as @JayGlazer reported. But it would be with designation to return so he could play in AFC Championship game.

Steve Slaton does nothing for me! He isn't a compliment to our other backs in fact he is the same as Ball, Hillman, and Moreno. Bring in a guy like Omon who can bring a physical presence to the run game.

weazel
11-21-2012, 01:02 PM
drafted in the 3rd round by them in 08. just googled. Sounds like he's solid for a FA. decent stats, age, race, height, and weight. detroit has looked at him too. he must have been released by the dolphins huh?

yes he's definitely a decent race, nut. When's the klan meeting?

Buff
11-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Agreed. People are really overrating how good McGahee has been this season. He's been decent but his fumbling problems and 4.3 YPC won't exactly be impossible to replace.

I'll say it again. The WORST running team in football won the Super Bowl last season. The days of needing a great running game to win the Super Bowl are over. We were going to go as far as Manning and the defense take us with or without Willis.

Couldn't disagree more. I feel like Willis' production has been widely underappreciated. Guy is such an instinctual runner with great vision and power. Big time loss.

johnb
11-21-2012, 01:16 PM
This will probably sound over-confident, but all we really need is someone who can pick up the blitz and keep the defense honest vis-a-vis the running game. McGahee has been a trooper, but he is far from special at this stage in his career. I hope he can come back next year and contribute in goal line / power running game situations.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 01:25 PM
I still think we need to bring in a back with some meat on his bones. I didn't see Omon because we don't get much pre season football here in Mexico but I wouldn't be opposed to that. I would prefer a veteran but you and others have said that Omon ran tough when given the chance.

Yesterday, (I think it was Sandy Klough who said) - the problem with bringing in another running back is that it would take 2-3 weeks to "fit in - feel comfortable in" Manning's offense.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Couldn't disagree more. I feel like Willis' production has been widely underappreciated. Guy is such an instinctual runner with great vision and power. Big time loss.

Totally agree with you Buff

McGahee has been the Broncos' leading rusher the past two seasons. He rushed for 1,199 yards last season, and even though he turned 31 last month, he had 731 yards rushing through 10 games this season (on pace for 1,170 yards).

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22027671/broncos-willis-mcgahee-out-6-8-weeks-mcl

Slick
11-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Yesterday, (I think it was Sandy Klough who said) - the problem with bringing in another running back is that it would take 2-3 weeks to "fit in - feel comfortable in" Manning's offense.

...and I couldn't argue that one bit, but he would be ready for the playoffs which is my main concern at this point. If we stay with the status quo at RB we won't beat any of the good teams in the AFC. We'd be one and done. (Man, I hope I'm wrong. )

Now that the Broncos know the severity of McGahee's injury I suspect we'll see something done.

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 01:31 PM
He's a slightly above average back. It's not like we're losing Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster. It will hurt our offense slightly but it's not like this kills our Super Bowl chances by any means.

Buff
11-21-2012, 01:34 PM
He's a slightly above average back. It's not like we're losing Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster. It will hurt our offense slightly but it's not like this kills our Super Bowl chances by any means.

Slightly above average is a vast improvement from the other backs we have on the roster, or from the guys we will potentially hire off the street. Guy always found holes even when there weren't any. Very underrated vision.

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Slightly above average is a vast improvement from the other backs we have on the roster, or from the guys we will potentially hire off the street. Guy always found holes even when there weren't any. Very underrated vision.

If this were the 90's I'd be concerned. Look at the crap for RB the two Super Bowl teams had last season. The way our defense and Manning are playing we will be fine.

Name one win of ours this season that we wouldn't have won without McGahee.

jhildebrand
11-21-2012, 01:38 PM
The Broncos aren't losing an AP or Arian when it comes to production in yards but they are losing every bit the guy. McGahee can be trusted in blitz pick up. He can catch out of the backfield. He can turn little or no gains into larger gains. All our other backs can do one of those but not all. '

I don't buy the 2-3 week to learn argument. Manning, it was reported, was telling Hillman what to do, where to be, how to line up, etc... If he can do it with Hillman, he can do it with a FA.

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 01:41 PM
...and I couldn't argue that one bit, but he would be ready for the playoffs which is my main concern at this point. If we stay with the status quo at RB we won't beat any of the good teams in the AFC. We'd be one and done. (Man, I hope I'm wrong. )

Now that the Broncos know the severity of McGahee's injury I suspect we'll see something done.

Really? One and done? Every team in the AFC is dealing with injuries. Houston lost a LB (cushing i think?), Baltimore's D has been gashed, and the Pats won't have Gronk for a while. Those are all just as important if not more important players to those teams as McGahee is to us. Overall, it could have been much worse for us. Anyone out of Manning, Decker, DT, Clady, Koppen, Miller, Woodyard, or Champ would have been just as big if not a bigger loss.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 01:43 PM
The Broncos aren't losing an AP or Arian when it comes to production in yards but they are losing every bit the guy. McGahee can be trusted in blitz pick up. He can catch out of the backfield. He can turn little or no gains into larger gains. All our other backs can do one of those but not all. '

I don't buy the 2-3 week to learn argument. Manning, it was reported, was telling Hillman what to do, where to be, how to line up, etc... If he can do it with Hillman, he can do it with a FA.

Hillman has been on the team all year, and Manning still had to tell him what to do.

BroncoJoe
11-21-2012, 01:44 PM

And Hillman didn't see any significant playing time for weeks...

topscribe
11-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I agree with the others who think you are undervaluing McGahee. However,
Denver has such a high power passing game with Peyton at the controls and
the stud receivers and solid TEs that all they need is a halfway decent running
game to complement it. I believe the remaining three can give them that,
especially with the return of Kuper on the line. And let's not forget that Moreno
and Hillman can be receiving threats out of the backfield.

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 01:57 PM
I agree with the others who think you are undervaluing McGahee. However,
Denver has such a high power passing game with Peyton at the controls and
the stud receivers and solid TEs that all they need is a halfway decent running
game to complement it. I believe the remaining three can give them that,
especially with the return of Kuper on the line. And let's not forget that Moreno
and Hillman can be receiving threats out of the backfield.

And that's my main point. Sure McGahee is a good player, but our offense can survive without him. Along with my point about the RBs on last year's SB teams, Manning had pretty mediocre RBs in his SB winning season as well. Sure McGahee is a nice player, but RB just isn't as important in today's NFL as it used to be.

This offense will go as far as Manning takes it. That was true with or without Willis.

Hillman and Ball both made some nice plays against SD anyway so I'm not dreading them getting more time.

Slick
11-21-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm not trying to argue the point BTB. If we keep playing like we have the last 5 games we might be okay, however I think Houston, Baltimore and even New England will tee off on Peyton if we are a one dimentional football team. We'll make the playoffs easily with the current crop of RB's, but I'm not so sure about what happens in Januarary. Franklin struggles in pass pro at times, so does Beadles and Ramirez. YOu're much more confident than I am.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
from article - updated at 11:25 am

The Broncos placed starting tailback Willis McGahee on injured reserve Wednesday, while designating him to return in time for the AFC championship game, provided the team gets that far.

The IR designation means McGahee will be sidelined six weeks before he can return to practice Dec. 31, which would mark the first day of the postseason. Injured reserve designation rules then allow McGahee to play in a game in eight weeks — which would be the week of the AFC championship game.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22041329/broncos-consider-mcgahee-ir-but-he-could-return

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 02:14 PM
more from article:

For the Broncos, losing McGahee is a potential blow, both to the Broncos and his career. The Broncos' offense features a systematic passing game directed by quarterback Peyton Manning, but the running game has been a significant component because McGahee has proven to be an effective enough alternative to keep defenses honest.

McGahee has run especially well against nickel packages, which in turn has helped freeze defenders a split second during Manning's play-action pass attempts.

The Broncos don't really have another back like him. Ronnie Hillman is an outside, speed runner. Lance Ball is a solid back, but doesn't match the authority McGahee runs with between the tackles. Knowshon Moreno runs hard between the tackles, but doesn't have McGahee's strength.

Ball, Hillman and Moreno are all effective as runners off screen passes.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22041329/broncos-consider-mcgahee-ir-but-he-could-return

ShaneFalco
11-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Sucks, but he also lead the league in fumbles, i dont mind seeing the youngsters get the chance.

weazel
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
This will probably sound over-confident, but all we really need is someone who can pick up the blitz and keep the defense honest vis-a-vis the running game. McGahee has been a trooper, but he is far from special at this stage in his career. I hope he can come back next year and contribute in goal line / power running game situations.

nope, over-confidence is taking a topless picture of yourself and using it as your avatar

Slick
11-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Hahahaha. That was funny Weez!

jhildebrand
11-21-2012, 02:49 PM
But that's the point! If Manning could do it for Hillman and has been doing it, he can do it for anyone else.

Then there is the reality that vets always pick up O's faster. My argument for Omon makes even more sense in that he already has some familiarity with the team, coaches, offense, etc... More than a Steve Slaton would.

Tned
11-21-2012, 02:58 PM
First time I've had a chance to get online, but just more of what Carol posted. Here's a press release from the Denver Broncos:

The Denver Broncos placed running back Willis McGahee on injured reserve (designated for return), it was announced on Wednesday.

McGahee opened 9-of-10 games for the Broncos this season, leading the club with 731 rushing yards and four touchdowns on 167 carries (4.4 avg.) in addition to posting 26 receptions for 221 yards. The 10th-year pro ranks third among active players with 8,097 career rushing yards, and his 33 100-yard rushing games lead all current running backs.

In his first season with the Broncos in 2011, McGahee was selected to play in his second Pro Bowl after recording his fourth career 1,000-yard rushing season (1,199 yds.). He joined Ricky Watters (S.F./Phi./Sea.) as the only players in NFL history to record 1,000 yards rushing in a season with three different teams—having previously done so with Buffalo (2004-05) and Baltimore (2007).

McGahee is eligible to return to practice in six weeks (Jan. 2) and can be activated by the Broncos in eight weeks (Jan. 16).

blamkin86
11-21-2012, 02:59 PM
nope, over-confidence is taking a topless picture of yourself and using it as your avatar

Hilarious.

blamkin86
11-21-2012, 03:01 PM
But that's the point! If Manning could do it for Hillman and has been doing it, he can do it for anyone else.

Then there is the reality that vets always pick up O's faster. My argument for Omon makes even more sense in that he already has some familiarity with the team, coaches, offense, etc... More than a Steve Slaton would.

Here's the thing. Slaton's an FA. Why not give him a look? You know manning's there seeing how fast he picks up stuff, right?

I'd be for Omon coming back - but I'm more for the team getting reliable carries, and a screen pass or dumpdown once in awhile.

Buff
11-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Here's the thing. Slaton's an FA. Why not give him a look? You know manning's there seeing how fast he picks up stuff, right?

I'd be for Omon coming back - but I'm more for the team getting reliable carries, and a screen pass or dumpdown once in awhile.

Just because you've heard of Slaton doesn't mean he is a more reliable than the RBs we have on the roster. Houston didn't want him. Miami didn't want him.

I'm all for finding the best guy available, but if he was the best guy available he'd be on a roster already.

jhildebrand
11-21-2012, 03:05 PM

My problem with Steve Slaton is we have that type of back all over the roster: Ball, Jeremiah Johnson, Hillman, and Moreno to a degree. We need a complimentary RB IMHO-a physical back who can work between the tackles and grind on the D line a bit.

blamkin86
11-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Guys I guess my point is, it doesn't cost us anything to find out. Yes, Hillman and Ball are similar to Slaton. Unless he's really slowed down, he's faster than our guys.

Yes, I think a power runner that can really block would be better. Is there one of those in FA?

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 03:12 PM
yes he's definitely a decent race, nut. When's the klan meeting?

I don't know, but it seems like you are suggesting that I am a racist.

Canmore
11-21-2012, 03:20 PM
My problem with Steve Slaton is we have that type of back all over the roster: Ball, Jeremiah Johnson, Hillman, and Moreno to a degree. We need a complimentary RB IMHO-a physical back who can work between the tackles and grind on the D line a bit.

A physical back that can run between the tackles is what we need. Problem is there doesn't appear to be one of those available. Ball is going to need to play over his head and dare I say Moreno MUST contribute.

Tned
11-21-2012, 03:25 PM
A physical back that can run between the tackles is what we need. Problem is there doesn't appear to be one of those available. Ball is going to need to play over his head and dare I say Moreno MUST contribute.

During training camp, one of the beat guys described Ball best --- If you need three yards, Ball will get you three yards. If you need six yards, Ball will get you three yards.

BroncoJoe
11-21-2012, 03:25 PM
I think I'll just let Fox and Co. worry about the RB situation.

jhildebrand
11-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I would rather see Elway try to coax Ladanian out of retirement before kicking the tires on Slaton anymore.

Jsteve01
11-21-2012, 03:31 PM

During training camp, one of the beat guys described Ball best --- If you need three yards, Ball will get you three yards. If you need six yards, Ball will get you three yards. yeah and h plagiarized Madden while doing so. The original quote was about Leroy hoard during he Viking days

Jsteve01
11-21-2012, 03:33 PM

A physical back that can run between the tackles is what we need. Problem is there doesn't appear to be one of those available. Ball is going to need to play over his head and dare I say Moreno MUST contribute. Tim hightower if his knee is healthy would be ideal for this offense. Excellent in the passing game as a receiver and blocker.

Canmore
11-21-2012, 03:37 PM
During training camp, one of the beat guys described Ball best --- If you need three yards, Ball will get you three yards. If you need six yards, Ball will get you three yards.

Funny I remember that quote. Still, Lance Ball is going to have to step up his game if that is possible. One thing I can say about him is that he seems to give his all even though he is a little short on the talent stick.

turftoad
11-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Tim hightower if his knee is healthy would be ideal for this offense. Excellent in the passing game as a receiver and blocker.

Sounds like Ball.

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Hillman has been on the team all year, and Manning still had to tell him what to do.
he's a rook too. that's why I like the FA in this situation, assuming we are superbowl bound

LRtagger
11-21-2012, 03:44 PM

We needed one yard on an early 3rd down this past Sunday and Ball got 0 yards

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 03:59 PM
And that's my main point. Sure McGahee is a good player, but our offense can survive without him. Along with my point about the RBs on last year's SB teams, Manning had pretty mediocre RBs in his SB winning season as well. Sure McGahee is a nice player, but RB just isn't as important in today's NFL as it used to be.

This offense will go as far as Manning takes it. That was true with or without Willis.

Hillman and Ball both made some nice plays against SD anyway so I'm not dreading them getting more time.

I like this post. you really put that old fellow in his place nicely I think

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 04:00 PM
We needed one yard on an early 3rd down this past Sunday and Ball got 0 yards

I was gonna say. 3 yards ins't bad..... damn, I like those nipples in your avy. I swear they stare at me.

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 04:16 PM
We are working out Jacob Hester. I don't know much about him. I seem to remember him being decent in SD though.

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 04:17 PM
We are working out Jacob Hester. I don't know much about him. I seem to remember him being decent in SD though.

like right now? what are these "interviews" like I wonder

BroncoWave
11-21-2012, 04:19 PM
like right now? what are these "interviews" like I wonder

I don't know. Here is the info.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22042843/broncos-work-out-jacob-hester-replacement-mcgahee

I guess he has done less than I though. Similar build to McGahee though.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 04:25 PM

PFM: "it's gonna hurt to lose Willis, not gonna lie"

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 04:28 PM

I wish more people were overconfident around here. cept King maybe.

MAYBE

ikillz0mbies
11-21-2012, 04:31 PM

I like Jacob Hester. Tough, power runner, can catch out of the backfield and protect well enough. He played the FB/HB role when he was in SD. I think the only reason why he hasn't been signed yet has been injury issues. I'd like the signing if it happened.

Timmy!
11-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Well, bring on the three headed Hillman/Ball/Noshow "monster" and we'll see how it works in KC. Ball can pass protect pretty well and usually gets positive (although not many) yards when given the chance.....Hillman will probably get his normal workload, and god help us all Noshow is going to have to do something (probably dance around behind the line and run up linemans backs). Ball and Hillman are both averaging 3.8 ypc...Mcgahee was averaging 4.4....a .6 difference isn't huge....until you need 4.2 yards. As long as we can run enough to keep teams honest and protect PFM we'll be fine.

tomjonesrocks
11-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Huh. I had hoped to have McGahee available for the first playoff game.

What does the team get out of doing this? The roster has no one expendable to drop instead? Or they're just certain he can't heal sooner?

BroncoNut
11-21-2012, 05:03 PM

What does the team get out of doing this? The roster has no one expendable to drop instead? Or they're just certain he can't heal sooner?

well, that's assuming we make the playoffs. but if someone was dropped, could he be moved from Ir to active and forced to play even if he isn't healed and in alot of pain?

BroncoJoe
11-21-2012, 05:29 PM

A roster spot.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2012, 05:30 PM

IR or no IR, McGahee would be out six to eight weeks. Basically, this is a common sense procedural move that enables the Broncos to not waste a roster spot the next eight weeks.

weazel
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't know, but it seems like you are suggesting that I am a racist.

I'm just messing with you man, just thought it was funny that you put race in your statement.

Nomad
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the effort, Willis!

jhildebrand
11-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Carol is a machine when it comes to scanning the wire for Bronco news. I love it. Dependable.

:salute:

weazel
11-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Apparently, he's on recallable IR. He can be brought back anytime after January 18, which would mean he could play in the AFC Championship game and the Superbowl if the Broncos were to make it that far.