PDA

View Full Version : For the record.

Jsteve01
11-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I wanted the broncos to draft kaepernick last year. I say tonight is vindication. Smith may just never get his job back. I love the recent crop of Nevada players

tubby
11-19-2012, 11:15 PM
No one cares. PFM

BroncoWave
11-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Manning > Kaepernick

Magnificent Seven
11-20-2012, 12:17 AM
I wanted the broncos to draft kaepernick last year. I say tonight is vindication. Smith may just never get his job back. I love the recent crop of Nevada players

Nah, I wanted Broncos to draft RG3. :D

Pudge
11-20-2012, 12:51 AM
For the record I wanted the broncos to trade up for leaf as a position move to trade him for Jamarcus Russell

DenBronx
11-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Yeah and I want sharks with lazer beams attached to their heads.

Chef Zambini
11-20-2012, 02:33 AM
kaepernek looked great, what round did he go?
only an ass clown would try to make it sound like you are suggesting kaepernik over PFM.
of course that is not your point !
but kaep over Osweiler?
anyone think os could do what kaep did tonight against the #1 defense in the NFL?
hell he couldnt even do that against 3rd and 4th stringers in the pre-season !
ye none give a shit now, but eventually PFM wont be our QB, and the decision has already been made and is already being defended that brock is the heir apparant and no others need apply.

Chef Zambini
11-20-2012, 02:34 AM
... but maybe Brock is a good dancer so he has that going for him.

Northman
11-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Smith wont lose his job due to injury. If Kaepernick was that good he would be starting from day 1. It also helps he has a very good team around him, does anyone think he would make the Browns a contender? I dont.

Northman
11-20-2012, 06:38 AM
anyone think os could do what kaep did tonight against the #1 defense in the NFL?

With that talent on the team? Yes.

Oh, and Kaepernick was a 2nd round draft choice like your boy Oz.

Jsteve01
11-20-2012, 09:37 AM
With that talent on the team? Yes.

Oh, and Kaepernick was a 2nd round draft choice like your boy Oz.

That's the idea. I want Kaepernick over Manning (said no one ever). The thrust of my post was that in the past two years the Broncos have done some questionable maneuvering. If you pick Kaepernick last year then we don't have to get a hard on for Oz this year. I lol that the same guys that defend the Oz pick as building for the future are now saying Manning is better than Colin. Of freaking course he is he's PFM. That's not the point. I was just making a point that I liked Kaepernick last year and his play last night showed that he was worth the interest.

Rick
11-20-2012, 09:49 AM
If we took Kaepernick last year, it would have been him, not Tebow taking over for Orton.

If he had shown any promise after taking over we wouldn't have brought in manning more than likely, so not sure where we would be standing at this point.

Northman
11-20-2012, 09:50 AM
That's the idea. I want Kaepernick over Manning (said no one ever). The thrust of my post was that in the past two years the Broncos have done some questionable maneuvering. If you pick Kaepernick last year then we don't have to get a hard on for Oz this year. I lol that the same guys that defend the Oz pick as building for the future are now saying Manning is better than Colin. Of freaking course he is he's PFM. That's not the point. I was just making a point that I liked Kaepernick last year and his play last night showed that he was worth the interest.

Awesome.

We all have players we like from year to year but good for you man, beat your chest to your hearts content. I predicted we would take Oz this year and i stand behind him 100% as i think he will be just fine for us.

LRtagger
11-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Vindication? You realize we would have had to trade up 9 spots in the second round to get him?

in 2009 I wanted us to draft Connor Barwin and Shady and instead we draft Alphonzo Smith and Darcel McBath. Someone throw me a parade

BroncoNut
11-20-2012, 10:41 AM
... but maybe Brock is a good dancer so he has that going for him.

omg. brock a good dancer. lmao

Dapper Dan
11-20-2012, 11:00 AM
If we kept up with draft discussions over the years, I'm going to assume all posters are wrong more often than right on players. The once-in-a-blue-moon that guys are right they want to brag about it. I make mock drafts every season, because its not my job on the line and I don't have to worry about being wrong. People get a little too caught up in pride.

I wanted Arian Foster in Denver, just like every single player that came out of Tennessee.

Ravage!!!
11-20-2012, 11:05 AM
He had a good game last night, but, its only one game. Hard to say if he co uld do that on a regular basis over the course of a season, or over the course of many seasons. Newton looked good last year, but looks like crap this season.

The one thing you won't see people admit around here, is just how good Cutler is. Look how bad that team is when he's not in the lineup compared to when he is. He won 13-of the last 14 he's started, and look what they look like when he isn't starting.

BroncoNut
11-20-2012, 11:12 AM
He had a good game last night, but, its only one game. Hard to say if he co uld do that on a regular basis over the course of a season, or over the course of many seasons. Newton looked good last year, but looks like crap this season.

The one thing you won't see people admit around here, is just how good Cutler is. Look how bad that team is when he's not in the lineup compared to when he is. He won 13-of the last 14 he's started, and look what they look like when he isn't starting.

i didn't see the game, but yeah, one good outing doesn't make a super duper qb. I want to see more on Os before I regret the pick of him

I Eat Staples
11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Matt Flynn had a good game.

weazel
11-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Kap looked good. That being said, he was playing against a team that had nothing to go on as to planning out a defensive plan and had a backup QB as well. I'm gonna wait for more than one game before I start hailing him as great. Cassel and Kolb were being praised at one time too

BroncoNut
11-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Kap looked good. That being said, he was playing against a team that had nothing to go on as to planning out a defensive plan and a backup QB as well. I'm gonna wait for more than one game before I start hailing him as great. Cassel and Kolb were being praised at one time too

totally. who played qb for the Bears last night anyway? was it kap? serious question. dont' get all crazy on me now folks.

Chef Zambini
11-20-2012, 01:17 PM
i didn't see the game, but yeah, one good outing doesn't make a super duper qb. I want to see more on Os before I regret the pick of himits not so much the pick, its the COMMITMENT

Jsteve01
11-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Vindication? You realize we would have had to trade up 9 spots in the second round to get him?

in 2009 I wanted us to draft Connor Barwin and Shady and instead we draft Alphonzo Smith and Darcel McBath. Someone throw me a parade hey brains we traded out of the slot which was used to pick Dalton. Kap was picked one slot later. And in all honesty I hope. Os works out. I just loved kspernick. And think by no means would picking Colin have prevented the pursuit of Manning. That idea is ridiculous. I just realize Manning is old.

BroncoNut
11-20-2012, 02:28 PM
its not so much the pick, its the COMMITMENT

ok Zam.. brilliant qualifier. Brilliant

Nomad
11-20-2012, 07:28 PM

He was the only reason I watched Nevada football the last few years or when he played there. He was fun to watch.

Nomad
11-20-2012, 07:32 PM
If we kept up with draft discussions over the years, I'm going to assume all posters are wrong more often than right on players. The once-in-a-blue-moon that guys are right they want to brag about it. I make mock drafts every season, because its not my job on the line and I don't have to worry about being wrong. People get a little too caught up in pride.

I wanted Arian Foster in Denver, just like every single player that came out of Tennessee.

Shhhhhh.....let them toot their horns!!:lol: