PDA

View Full Version : NBA Discussion 2012-13

MOtorboat
11-19-2012, 10:41 PM
O.J. Mayo makes Dallas good.

MOtorboat
12-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Lol. Miami getting pwned by a Melo-less Knicks team.

The Heat's goal of not losing two in a row barely made it into December.

MOtorboat
12-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Now the Knicks come out flat...

MOtorboat
12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Man, the Lakers are struggling. Struggling against Cleveland tonight.

I don't think Kobe and Dwight get along, at all. And no one is talking about it. Like the elephant in the room.

WTE
12-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Now the Knicks come out flat...

Is there any way Knicks and Brooklyn can both lose?

MOtorboat
12-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Is there any way Knicks and Brooklyn can both lose?

No, but Cleveland is trying to hold on over the Lakers.

Kyrie Irving is the real deal.

WTE
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM
No, but Cleveland is trying to hold on over the Lakers.

Kyrie Irving is the real deal.

Irving was the real deal last year. But I agree w/ your assesmentment of LA. They're a mess. Should have hired Sloan IMO.

MOtorboat
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Irving was the real deal last year. But I agree w/ your assesmentment of LA. They're a mess. Should have hired Sloan IMO.

This is really the first time I've ever watched him closely.

27 points, 11 assists. He's been spectacular. Kobe nailed a three, and Irving turned around and hit a 30-footer.

WTE
12-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Looks like Verajoui or however the hell you spell his name is doing good too. Damn, I wish the celtics could have gotten him. Can't believe he's stayed in Cleveland all these years.

MOtorboat
12-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Knicks kicking the crap out of the Lakers.

Awesome.

WTE
12-13-2012, 09:54 PM
O.J. Mayo makes Dallas good.

Not last night in 2OT loss to Boston. He got his points but also had TO's. 9 of them. Very costly.

Although Dallas as a team had a ton. 27 TO's total. Collison with 7 as well.

Sloppy game by Dallas. But very exciting to watch.

CoachChaz
12-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Not last night in 2OT loss to Boston. He got his points but also had TO's. 9 of them. Very costly.

Although Dallas as a team had a ton. 27 TO's total. Collison with 7 as well.

Sloppy game by Dallas. But very exciting to watch.

A double OT game will get you a lot of turnovers...but I agree...it was sloppy.

MOtorboat
12-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Joe Johnson just hit an incredible step-back in double overtime to push Brooklyn past Detroit.

OrangeHoof
12-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Why it pays to proofread:

From NBC Sports.com:

Jerome Whitehead, who stared in college at Marquette and went on to have a 12-year NBA career, has died at age 56.

MOtorboat
01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Kobe Bryant's post game comments are becoming more and more entertaining.

When asked about why the team lacked energy on defense:

"Cause we're old as shit."

MOtorboat
01-21-2013, 01:21 PM
An excellent breakdown of this year's MVP race and what voters look for...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21590387/baseline-awards-judging-the-mvp-at-midseason-durant-or-lebron

Matt Moore is one of the best in the business.

MOtorboat
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
When the Spurs get into their half-court offense, its just pick and roll after pick and roll after pick and roll.

And you really can't stop it. The fact that they've been adding some younger players to stretch the floor is scary. They could be a team to reckon with in the playoffs. I don't think they can beat Oklahoma, but if seeding is right, they could get to the Western Finals.

MOtorboat
02-07-2013, 09:52 PM
WTE,

What would the world have been like if the Celtics selected Kobe Bryant instead of Antoine Walker?

WTE
02-07-2013, 09:58 PM
WTE,

What would the world have been like if the Celtics selected Kobe Bryant instead of Antoine Walker?

A lot of teams passed on the high school punk Kobe. I think he got drafted mid 1st. He was very arrogant back then as he is now. It's my understanding he told the Celtics he didn't want to play for them.

I hope he's enjoying his night in Boston tonight.

MOtorboat
02-07-2013, 10:07 PM
A lot of teams passed on the high school punk Kobe. I think he got drafted mid 1st. He was very arrogant back then as he is now. It's my understanding he told the Celtics he didn't want to play for them.

I hope he's enjoying his night in Boston tonight.

You're nuts if you wouldn't want Kobe for 17 years...

MOtorboat
02-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Way to show up Heat fan.

Poet
02-08-2013, 08:44 PM
After Rondo went out...ugh. We're playing well as of late, but man the postseason is going to be painful to observe.

MOtorboat
02-08-2013, 08:48 PM
After Rondo went out...ugh. We're playing well as of late, but man the postseason is going to be painful to observe.

If they make it :coffee:

Poet
02-08-2013, 08:51 PM
If they make it :coffee:

They probably will. The Celtics are a very stubborn team.

Dapper Dan
02-17-2013, 08:11 AM
At least my Orlando Magic aren't as back as Charlotte. :drinking:

MOtorboat
02-17-2013, 08:27 PM
I wonder if they are ever going to play the All-Star game?

FanInAZ
02-18-2013, 07:07 AM
The Suns’ collapse was not hard to predict after they let Nash go, but explain to me what’s happened to the Lakers? Getting Nash was supposed to give them a legitimate shot at the title, but they’ve collapsed as well. I know that Kolb was ripping Howard in the media over his injury that Kolb seems to think isn’t that serious, but there’s got to be a lot more wrong with them than just that.

MOtorboat
02-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Kobe Bryant wants Dwight Howard to actually work hard, and Howard doesn't have it in him. World Peace is getting older and is less effective, which is also true for Steve Nash. D'Antoni is ignoring Gasol. And their bench is not very deep.

MOtorboat
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I feel bad for Kings fans. Their owners are incompetent, gambling drunks who've lost their ass because of shoddy business practices and are trying to sell out to a group from Seattle.

And now their GM proves to be incompetent as well.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/20/report-rockets-get-thomas-robinson-from-kings-in-three-team-deal/

Yes, they just traded away their lottery pick from June for expiring contracts...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8970449/the-trade-deadline-exchange-part-1

Poet
02-21-2013, 05:47 PM
That's a good fan base too. Such a shame.

Dapper Dan
02-21-2013, 06:35 PM
I became a Magic fan because of Redick. They sent him to Milwaukee. But at least they got Tobias. I was hoping JJ would go to NewYork.

MOtorboat
03-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't know how I missed this. This is gold. Poor Wizards fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViLg3We4SeQ

The crazy part is that the Pistons announcers called it the exact same, and were all dejected...

BroncoWave
05-08-2013, 11:24 PM
There doesn't seem to be a non-nuggets thread to discuss the rest of the NBA playoffs so i figured i would bump this one. Any fans on here of any teams left? I'm a grizzlies fan myself and i really like our chances to get out of the west right now. I think we are a better team than okc without Westbrook and with the homecourt it would be a letdown if we can't get past them. After that i think we would have a fair shot against either GS or SA. Too bad the heat are so much better than everyone else right now.

Dapper Dan
05-08-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm a Heat fan.

Lol. Just kidding.

I really enjoyed watching Curry and Bogut. Then I found out the Warriors are technically from Oakland. Which is too bad. I enjoyed watching Curry in college.

I liked the Magic while they had JJ Redick. I'm really not sure who I'm a fan of. There are just too many players and teams I don't like. I want to like the Bulls, but I hate Noah with a passion. I want to follow Redick to the Bucks, but I've never liked them in the slightest bit. I like nothing about Milwaukee. I kind of like the Knicks because when LeBron and Mello came into the NBA everyone liked one or the other. I hated LeBron, so I liked Mello. The Knicks are orange and blue. But they're New York. And I can't stand any teams in the New England area.

I'm kind of hoping for some sort of Louisville expansion team or something.

Poet
05-08-2013, 11:44 PM
My Celtics got bounced and I was rooting for Chicago and Denver.

Dapper Dan
05-08-2013, 11:54 PM
My Celtics got bounced and I was rooting for Chicago and Denver.

You should cheer for San Antonio as well, because I want them so lose.