PDA

View Full Version : Any problems walking to the stadium from this hotel?

Tned
11-19-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm planning to make some reservations in case I make a quick trip to Denver for playoff games. This Springhill Suites (1190 Auraria Parkway) looks to be within walking distance to the stadium. Any problems walking to/from the stadium from this hotel? I know nothing about the neighborhood, but it's more or less across the street from the Pepsi center. I assume there are This probably something like a 15-20 minute walk?

I know the Broncos talk about using the Pepsi Center and Auraria campus as overflow parking, so even though it's not clear on the Google map, I assume there is an easy way to get by/under the interstate and stuff.

The hotel is at the A on the map below. Click it for a bigger image.

BroncoNut
11-19-2012, 12:23 PM
not at all Tned. just do it around 2 - 4 a.m. when most of the neighborhood is sound asleep

BroncoJoe
11-19-2012, 12:25 PM
You won't really have any "problems" walking, although it will be a long walk. You're coming in December, right? Weather might be a problem. It's a relatively short distance but if it's nasty out, a cab might make sense. At least for after the game.

There isn't really a good path to take IIRC, but I've never walked from there before. Auraria Pkwy is a busy street, and I'm not sure there is a pedestrian path. My daughter's dorm is the building right at Auraria Parkway and I-25 and we usually park there. Even then, it's close to a mile's walk.

BroncoNut
11-19-2012, 12:28 PM
You won't really have any "problems" walking, although it will be a long walk. You're coming in December, right? Weather might be a problem. It's a relatively short distance but if it's nasty out, a cab might make sense. At least for after the game.

There isn't really a good path to take IIRC, but I've never walked from there before. Auraria Pkwy is a busy street, and I'm not sure there is a pedestrian path. My daughter's dorm is the building right at Auraria Parkway and I-25 and we usually park there. Even then, it's close to a mile's walk.

what school is that?

jhildebrand
11-19-2012, 12:33 PM
what school is that?

Metro State University formerly Metropolitan State College of Denver. It is the Auraria campus and also houses CU Denver and Community college of Denver.

Buff
11-19-2012, 12:36 PM
It'll be closer to a 30 minute walk - but there is a pedestrian path that goes underneath I-25 right there at the lightrail station so distance is your only obstacle.

jhildebrand
11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm planning to make some reservations in case I make a quick trip to Denver for playoff games. This Springhill Suites (1190 Auraria Parkway) looks to be within walking distance to the stadium. Any problems walking to/from the stadium from this hotel? I know nothing about the neighborhood, but it's more or less across the street from the Pepsi center. I assume there are This probably something like a 15-20 minute walk?

I know the Broncos talk about using the Pepsi Center and Auraria campus as overflow parking, so even though it's not clear on the Google map, I assume there is an easy way to get by/under the interstate and stuff.

The hotel is at the A on the map below. Click it for a bigger image.

You wont have any problems, you can zip across to the Pepsi center parking lot and cut through there, across towards elitch's, and under I-25 over the Platter river bridge to the stadium. It should be a pretty easy walk really. Once you get to the Pepsi center parking lot, which is across the street from where you are staying, you will know where to go. Simply follow all the Bronco jerseys from the Pepsi center parking lot to the stadium. If the ground is full of snow, and assuming you walk at a normal rate, this should take you 10-15 minutes.

BroncoJoe
11-19-2012, 12:49 PM
what school is that?

She's at CU Denver.

Tned
11-19-2012, 01:00 PM

I've never checked the cab stand out after a game. Is there a steady stream of cabs? Long wait?

Trying to decide whether to stay in the 16th street area and take some kind of public transit or whether to stay at the Springhill and walk. Obviously, the 16th street area is nicer for everything but the walk to/from the stadium.

NightTerror218
11-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Tned the question is can you walk that distance smashed?

jhildebrand
11-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I've never checked the cab stand out after a game. Is there a steady stream of cabs? Long wait?

Trying to decide whether to stay in the 16th street area and take some kind of public transit or whether to stay at the Springhill and walk. Obviously, the 16th street area is nicer for everything but the walk to/from the stadium.

Tned,

You can stay on the 16th st mall and take light rail. It would be extremely easy to do. You could ride the free shuttle down the 16th st mall and a small light rail ride next to the stadium. The Springhill is a very quick walk to 16th as it is the stadium.

MileHighCrew
11-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I stayed on the 16th ave mall when I was there. It was awesome on game day.

slim
11-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Is the mall still rife with lazy ass kids begging for money?

Tned
11-19-2012, 02:20 PM
I stayed on the 16th ave mall when I was there. It was awesome on game day.

Yea, which is kind of my fear about the Springhill in the middle of nowhere. After a big playoff win, 16th street should be hopping.

Yes. The real question is whether I will remember it and actually get to the right hotel.

Tned,

You can stay on the 16th st mall and take light rail. It would be extremely easy to do. You could ride the free shuttle down the 16th st mall and a small light rail ride next to the stadium. The Springhill is a very quick walk to 16th as it is the stadium.

How mobbed is the station and shuttles before/after the game. Is it a long wait, or does it all flow pretty quick?

BroncoJoe
11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
It'll be a walk from the Springhill... I'd stay on the mall. Shuttles are busy, but not terrible.

Tned
11-19-2012, 02:30 PM
It'll be a walk from the Springhill... I'd stay on the mall. Shuttles are busy, but not terrible.

Ok, I currently have reservations at the Courtyard on 16th, so I might just stick with that.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Apparently this hotel is right next to the stadium.

From article - and steps from invesco field at mile high - home to the denver broncos.

http://hotelguides.com/hotels/colorado/denver/113286.html If link does not take you right to it - it is called Hotel VQ Denver

BroncoJoe
11-19-2012, 03:50 PM

From article - and steps from invesco field at mile high - home to the denver broncos.

http://hotelguides.com/hotels/colorado/denver/113286.html If link does not take you right to it - it is called Hotel VQ Denver

It's basically in the parking lot of the stadium. Problem is, that's the only thing close.

Buff
11-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Tned, you can probably just stay with Tubby while you're in town. Just be careful with the basement toilet.

MasterShake
11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
I literally parked right near there yesterday for the game on 7th Avenue in one of the school lots for $10. The walk from there is actually the same walk you would take from the light rail drop off which is just around the corner. From that map, its a bit of a hike but you can just buy a lightrail ticket at the Pepsi Center station and take it back one stop to Invesco. From there you just go under the bridge and across the street to the stadium.

The train heading south bound after the game is a nightmare, but just going up one stop North to the Pepsi Center near the hotel is nothing at all. NO ONE seems to take the train from up north and those ones are always empty. Its worth it for the $4.50 round trip ticket in my opinion.

Tned
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM

Trip adviser reviews aren't great for the VQ, but the main reason is that I have Marriott points, so want to stay at a Marriott property and use points rather than pay cash.

jhildebrand
11-19-2012, 08:27 PM
The walk from the sprin hill is 10 minutes maybe 15 MAX. I have made that walk almost every Bronco game I go to. We always park at Auraria or Pepsi center. It isn't like the springill is in the fields or anything.

The stay on the 16th st mall may be better in that there is easier access to bars and dining.

Tned, the shuttles and lightrail fill up but they are usually quite efficient and loading them up and clearing the crowd. You would probably be ok in that most of the traffic is going south after the game (on the light rail) and you would head north back towards the 16th street mall. The last shuttle is 1 am which is perfect to continue the party.

You can email me if you have any questions. I know the ins and outs, short cuts, alternatives, etc...

NightTrainLayne
11-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Problems walking to the stadium? That sounds like my calling card.

Tned
11-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Problems walking to the stadium? That sounds like my calling card.

Steps, not slopes, right?

Sent from my Android Xoom using Forum Runner

Chef Zambini
11-20-2012, 02:42 AM
have you considered a pogo stick?

dogfish
11-20-2012, 03:45 AM

Trip adviser reviews aren't great for the VQ, but the main reason is that I have Marriott points, so want to stay at a Marriott property and use points rather than pay cash.

that place looks a little bit like a dump from the outside. . . and chazoe likes it, which probably confirms that impression. . .

however, it IS at least three blocks closer to the stadium than the "stadium lot" these guys got roped into tailgating in this last time. . .

dogfish
11-20-2012, 03:47 AM
have you considered a pogo stick?

way to make a joke about layne's serious injury. . . :coffee:

and for your information, we're going to wrap him in a bubblewrap cocoon and wheel him in next time. . .

BroncoNut
11-20-2012, 01:29 PM

and for your information, we're going to wrap him in a bubblewrap cocoon and wheel him in next time. . .

I don't think zam posted that remark in reference to NTL's situation.

NightTrainLayne
11-20-2012, 03:55 PM

I am very much in favor of bubble wrap at this point.

pnbronco
11-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I am very much in favor of bubble wrap at this point.

Good to know I'll start saving it from my shipments.

Tned, I don't think it's a bad walk a all. Plus on the NE side there are a ton of cabs that come through to pick up passengers if you don't want to walk after the game.

Use your points save your money for beer.

Nomad
11-20-2012, 07:47 PM

I can see it now...."Arkansas resident arrested for urinating in public".:D

That's a long walk after drinking and not having to take a piss before getting to the hotel..

Tned
11-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Good to know I'll start saving it from my shipments.

Tned, I don't think it's a bad walk a all. Plus on the NE side there are a ton of cabs that come through to pick up passengers if you don't want to walk after the game.

Use your points save your money for beer.

If getting a cab isn't a problem, I might just stay on 16th street (same number of points to stay right on 16th street or at that Springhill) and then either take the light rail back or just grab a cab.

Tned
11-20-2012, 07:50 PM

That's a long walk after drinking and not having to take a piss before getting to the hotel..

That's a good point. The only thing I don't understand is the urinating in public. This isn't ok in Denver? :confused:

MOtorboat
11-20-2012, 07:55 PM

If Dog, BDB, Shank and myself can walk from Coors Field to Sixteenth Street, up Sixteenth to Welton and over to the Hilton without having to pee, after as much beer as we drank that day, I think he'll be alright.

BroncoJoe
11-20-2012, 08:54 PM
I'd stay the mall. It isn't that far to the Spring (1.3 miles) but on the mall gives you more options.

jhildebrand
11-20-2012, 09:16 PM
If you are out real late, I would avoid 15th and Market and the north end (20th and up) of Blake. Been a few issues down there as of late. Talking like 1:30 am and later.

Tned
11-20-2012, 09:35 PM
If you are out real late, I would avoid 15th and Market and the north end (20th and up) of Blake. Been a few issues down there as of late. Talking like 1:30 am and later.

Can't be a worse than Todd Suck Arkansas on a Friday night.

MOtorboat
11-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Can't be a worse than Todd Suck Arkansas on a Friday night.

In that case I would suggest a trip to Five Points for a good time.

jhildebrand
11-20-2012, 10:40 PM
In that case I would suggest a trip to Five Points for a good time.

Cap Hill anymore is a major problem after midnight anymore.

Tned
11-20-2012, 10:44 PM
What are you guys doing, trying to get me killed?

MOtorboat
11-20-2012, 10:45 PM

I thought you were an international spy capable of handling his own?

Tned
11-20-2012, 10:49 PM
I thought you were an international spy capable of handling his own?

Against Europeans, yea. But, in the US, it's another story. Plus, I'm not allowed to "operate" on US soil, so I have to play like a helpless couch potato.

MOtorboat
11-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Against Europeans, yea. But, in the US, it's another story. Plus, I'm not allowed to "operate" on US soil, so I have to play like a helpless couch potato.

Then I would not suggest Cap Hill at night or Five Points ever.

jhildebrand
11-21-2012, 12:00 AM

Eau Contrair Meauxfrair! Just the opposite!

I like Broncos Forums and I am trying to keep you ALIVE!

Tned
11-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Eau Contrair Meauxfrair! Just the opposite!

I like Broncos Forums and I am trying to keep you ALIVE!

At least someone's looking out for my well being and the survival of Broncosforums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

BigDaddyBronco
11-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Watch out for the CHUDS at night. They are everywhere....

pnbronco
11-21-2012, 11:39 AM
FYI you can go to the potty before you leave. Plus there is a Port A Potty on the east side if you really need to go after you walk outside the stadium. Yes please keep the forum going so take a cab or light rail.....:D

Tned
11-21-2012, 11:56 AM
FYI you can go to the potty before you leave. Plus there is a Port A Potty on the east side if you really need to go after you walk outside the stadium. Yes please keep the forum going so take a cab or light rail.....:D

I'm getting bored with this whole forum nonsense, I may just move back to Mania where people treated me with respect... :crocodiletears:

NightTrainLayne
11-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm getting bored with this whole forum nonsense, I may just move back to Mania where people treated me with respect... :crocodiletears:

Running an internet forum is the last thing you should attempt if you are looking for respect.

Tned
11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Running an internet forum is the last thing you should attempt if you are looking for respect.

Now you tell me....

ShaneFalco
11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Alot of people get on those double seat bikes and have someone bike them to the stadium instead of a cab, i dont know if thats happening in November tho. Denver is really safe everywhere. Even the "bad areas" are not that bad. Hope you enjoy the game! love being at that stadium, just cant afford it lately ><