PDA

View Full Version : Bianchi: Champ Bailey made the right choice

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Two years ago, Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey was preparing himself to leave the team he’d spent the previous six-and-a-half years playing for. Playing in the final year of a seven-year deal that he signed after he was acquired from the Redskins back in 2004, Bailey and the Broncos abruptly broke off contract extension talks in October 2010, and the chances of the future Hall of Famer returning for year No. 8 looked slim to none.

But then, John Elway stepped in and saved the day.

“The reason I didn’t re-sign was Josh (McDaniels) didn’t want to re-sign me during the season,” Bailey told me earlier this week. “So, I didn’t know what to expect. I was preparing myself to leave, but once (John) Elway took over, the first thing that came out of his mouth was that he wanted to re-sign me. That’s when my hopes became to grow again. I began to prepare myself for the worst, but it worked out.”

These days, the Broncos are busy leading the AFC West and can all but lock up the divisional crown with a win later today over the Chargers at Mile High. Most will point to Elway’s more recent stroke of magic, convincing Peyton Manning to sign up with the Broncos back in March. And sure, the Broncos wouldn’t be anywhere near 6-3 without the remarkable Manning leading the charge. But without Elway’s first order of business, getting Bailey to re-sign on a four-year deal in February 2011, the Broncos wouldn’t have the sixth-ranked defense in the NFL (in yards allowed) and the 11th ranked passing defense heading into today’s game.

rest - interesting - http://milehighsports.com/2012/11/18/bianchi-champ-bailey-made-the-right-choice/

MOtorboat
11-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Elway knows what he's doing.

A star player at a cornerstone position is thinking about leaving and Elway does the right thing and signs him.

Davii
11-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Elway knows what he's doing.

A star player at a cornerstone position is thinking about leaving and Elway does the right thing and signs him.

McDaniels tenure was bad enough, had it cost the team Champ Bailey? I shudder to even think of it.

Northman
11-18-2012, 02:17 PM
The reason I didn’t re-sign was Josh (McDaniels) didn’t want to re-sign me during the season

Thank god we got rid of that piece of shit before he could do more damage.

honz
11-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I still love you Josh! Haters gonna hate!

Davii
11-18-2012, 02:36 PM

Huh. They do exist...

SR
11-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Huh. They do exist...

Nauseating right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

honz
11-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Huh. They do exist...

Just imagine if Coach "sly as a" Fox wasn't holding back Moreno's development...this team could be scary good.

honz
11-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Hopefully Knowshon gets a chance in NE to play for coaches that actually appreciate his skillz!

MOtorboat
11-18-2012, 02:44 PM

I love that man.

Army Bronco
11-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Huh. They do exist...

Just imagine if Coach "sly as a" Fox wasn't holding back Moreno's development...this team could be scary good. I think Morenos inconsistent running held his development. Im glad Josh was stopped before he could do some long term damage.

Northman
11-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Bwhahahaahahhaahahhahahaha, Good ol' Honz.

DenBronx
11-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Yet another reason why I hated Josh.

Elway is in control now....and he is exceeding my expectations as a fan.

Poet
11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
To be fair, half of this message board didn't want to resign him.

Northman
11-19-2012, 08:28 AM
To be fair, half of this message board didn't want to resign him.

I dont recall that. I know there was a couple of people but i dont believe it was quite that many man.

Slick
11-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Claymore wanted ro spend the money on the front 7 if i remember correctly.

MOtorboat
11-19-2012, 08:45 AM

Yes. Clay hates Champ as much as Zam.

BroncoNut
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM
I dind not know, but good for Champ. I didn't realize he was a biker as well, but Bianchi is certainly one of the best

Northman
11-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Thats because he was still pining for Cliportis.

jhildebrand
11-19-2012, 12:42 PM
I think Morenos inconsistent running held his development. Im glad Josh was stopped before he could do some long term damage.

Putting the ball on the turf-CONSISTENTLY-doesn't help either.

BroncoNut
11-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Bwhahahaahahhaahahhahahaha, Good ol' Honz.

Honz was pretty funny here

scott.475
11-19-2012, 09:33 PM
“It’s funny because I talked to guys around the league during that time period and they all thought I should chase a ring somewhere; I was like, ‘What’s wrong with Denver?’” Bailey said. “At the time, of course, everything was wrong with Denver,"

That right there says everything about that stupid little dictator McDaniels.

cmc0605
11-19-2012, 11:17 PM
I can never help to think that Belichick told McDaniels to come here and ruin Denver. At the time, we seemed to have NE's number.

scott.475
11-20-2012, 01:11 AM
I forgot to add that, Champ has been around a long time and is anything but a complainer. To hear that quote coming from him, things must have been pretty bad.