PDA

View Full Version : Can the Broncos Make the Super Bowl?

LTC Pain
11-17-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm a believer :) Good read!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/51177/why-broncos-will-reach-super-bowl

OrangeHoof
11-17-2012, 10:04 AM
In the end, the Broncos are likely going to have to get past Houston, Baltimore and New England, but at this point in the season, it would be a mistake to think they shouldn’t be on a short list of Super Bowl contenders.

If they meet New England in the playoffs, I think they'll lose. If they meet Houston in the playoffs, they'll probably lose. They get a head-to-head with Baltimore later in the season where we can size up how they match up.

Yes, Manning is a great equalizer and his play has improved but his opposition in recent weeks has also fallen off since that early Pittsburgh-Atlanta-Houston-New England grinder that revealed a lot of holes on both sides of the ball. Yes, they are better than they were earlier in the season but are they good enough to beat the top teams, especially on the road? I don't see it yet.

It should also be noted that the key to beating Denver's defense is to have an explosive tight end (in Brady's case, two) which the Broncos can't cover. That's going to be a big problem for them when they get in the playoffs.

MOtorboat
11-17-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't see why Denver can't. I don't think it's likely, but I think Denver certainly has a shot to represent the AFC. This defense has to figure out the Patriots if the two teams meet again.

I like Denver's chances against Baltimore and Houston.

Tned
11-17-2012, 10:14 AM
I wish I knew how the Broncos would matchup against Atlanta/NE/Houston today. I honestly believe much better. In the Atlanta game, a big part of that loss was the three interceptions by Manning in one quarter, which Jaworski broke down and made a VERY good case about how those interceptions were not on manning, but instead a combination of poorly designed plays and bad routes by the receivers. Things that have clearly been addressed as time went bye.

In Houston, you had the two big plays, what was it one Andre Johnson and one the TE, I think, that were back breakers, plus I think there was at least one big fumble, maybe one of the DT fumbles, and still the Broncos almost came back.

NE, I'm actually drawing a blank on most of that game, other than they again got outscored early, and made a comeback late.

The question is whether or not the Broncos have fixed their early game woes (turnovers, etc.) that were putting them in deep deficits, and if so, I think they can probably now matchup against anyone. San Diego should be a good indication. While their record isn't great, they are a solid team, that the Broncos got thrashed by in the first half of the last game. Obviously, Baltimore will be a good test.

Fact is, because of the second half schedule, we won't know until the playoffs if the Broncos have improved enough to play with the big boys.

Northman
11-17-2012, 10:15 AM
They have a chance like just about any other team.

Tned
11-17-2012, 10:19 AM
They have a chance like just about any other team.

I just don't see the Chief's having much of a chance... ;)

Northman
11-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I just don't see the Chief's having much of a chance... ;)

Obviously im talking about the contenders. Not EVERY team. lol

Tned
11-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Obviously im talking about the contenders. Not EVERY team. lol

Gotcha. I'm still half asleep and contemplating going back to bed. :)

Chef Zambini
11-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Gotcha. I'm still half asleep and contemplating going back to bed. :)the broncos wont win with that kind of commitment.

yes, of course the broncos have a chance, they are legitimate contenders, but like all teams they need to be HEALTHY come play-off time.
and they need to show up with something "NEW" a new wrinkle on offense and defense that opponents have not seen or prepared for.
they need a little luck and alot of determination.
and...
if they do NOT beat the RAVENS, I reduce my expectations by HALF !
if we dont beat the CHRGERS this week, i will already be setting my sights on NEXT YEAR.

Ravage!!!
11-17-2012, 12:56 PM
I would say that right now, the Broncos are looking like a top 5 team in the NFL. That being said, they absolutely have a chance. I don't think we are "there" yet...but... I have to say that we are looking a LOT better than I thought we would for the first season with Manning. It's amazing what a good QB can do for your team.

Poet
11-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Denver is by far the best team in the AFC and will rape the Texans if they play again.

CrazyHorse
11-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Yeah. Turnovers killed us in the Atlanta and New England games. Big plays killed us against Houston. We still almost managed to come out on top. We're very capable of beating all three. The Ravens game will tell us a lot. It would be nice to finish with a first round bye too.

Army Bronco
11-18-2012, 12:02 AM
I think if McGahee and Thomas hold on to the ball win win out to the SB!

Simple Jaded
11-18-2012, 12:18 AM
That's 2 months from now, a lot can happen in 2 months.......good and bad. Knock on wood.......

WARHORSE
11-18-2012, 02:11 AM
This team can compete with any team in the NFL. Atlanta, Houston and New England included.

Should we play again today, with any of these teams, it will not be the same.

Regardless, isnt it good to be speaking about this stuff?

Just think of the some of these topics that we have had dominate our convos in here: Griese. Plummer. Darrent (RIP) Javon Walker. Shannys firing. McDaniels Hiring. Cutler. Cutler trade. Draft picks. Orton. Tebow. Marshall. Marshall pouting. Marshall sideshow. Hillis trade. McD firing. Elway hiring. Peyton FAgency..............

We've paid our dues. So regardless............AT LEAST WE AINT THE CHEFS, RATTURDS or CHUGGERS!

ShaneFalco
11-18-2012, 08:47 PM
NE putting up 50 pts. i dont know, we always seem afraid to play Brady.

Poet
11-18-2012, 08:48 PM
NE putting up 50 pts. i dont know, we always seem afraid to play Brady.

They had two pick sixes and a return for TD's. They will lose to you on the back of having an awful defense. The team that is playing right now is not the same team that lost to the Patriots, Texans or the Falcons.

DenBronx
11-18-2012, 08:56 PM
I think we can beat ATL/NE/HOU as of today. Our team has jelled and is a better team now. We also beat ourselves in those losses.We never got blown out and we didnt lose by much. HOU almost lost today as well. Manning has built better chemistry with the offense and our defense is on another planet now.

Listen....on any given Sunday anything can happen and I will never count out my Broncos...ever!

We have a shot!

DenBronx
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
They had two pick sixes and a return for TD's. They will lose to you on the back of having an awful defense. The team that is playing right now is not the same team that lost to the Patriots, Texans or the Falcons.

Bro....just make the Broncos your #1 football team and the Bengals #2. You know you want to....you might even know more about Broncos football than alot of Bronco fans. You have been here for years....go ahead and make the jump! It will feel much better after you do it!

Rick
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
I want to see what happens to McGahee.

Our running game has been inconsistent enough as it is, we need him for balance.

Poet
11-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Bro....just make the Broncos your #1 football team and the Bengals #2. You know you want to....you might even know more about Broncos football than alot of Bronco fans. You have been here for years....go ahead and make the jump! It will feel much better after you do it!

I can't. I was born in Cincinnati. It is my home.

RyanC
11-19-2012, 01:38 AM
I can't. I was born in Cincinnati. It is my home.

Respect.

Canmore
11-19-2012, 04:57 AM
I think we can beat ATL/NE/HOU as of today. Our team has jelled and is a better team now. We also beat ourselves in those losses.We never got blown out and we didnt lose by much. HOU almost lost today as well. Manning has built better chemistry with the offense and our defense is on another planet now.

Listen....on any given Sunday anything can happen and I will never count out my Broncos...ever!

We have a shot!

I don't see any body to fear. We can play with anybody. There isn't anyone out there right now that is looking forward to playing the Broncos.