PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Dumervil plans to play Sunday

Denver Native (Carol)
11-15-2012, 08:11 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- If Elvis Dumervil and D.J. Williams get their way, they'll both spend Sunday harassing San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers.

Dumervil first has to show he's healthy enough to play and Williams has to prove he's knocked off the rust.

Dumervil hasn't practiced all week but plans to test his sprained left shoulder at practice Friday in hopes the Broncos (6-3) will clear him to face the Chargers (4-5). The two-time Pro Bowl defensive end was injured at Carolina last weekend but medical tests this week showed no torn muscles or ligaments.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8637098/elvis-dumervil-denver-broncos-plans-practice-friday-play-sunday

SR
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
I couldn't care less if DJ plays but I don't want Elvis to rush his return.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Army Bronco
11-15-2012, 08:44 PM
I couldn't care less if DJ plays but I don't want Elvis to rush his return.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner I feel the same way. Dj should get the other players water during the game though.

Chef Zambini
11-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I dont care what DJ wants. It only matters what he EARNS !
I dont care what he says, the only thing that matters is what he DOES.
doom, get well soon.

MOtorboat
11-15-2012, 11:26 PM
I dont care what DJ wants. It only matters what he EARNS !
I dont care what he says, the only thing that matters is what he DOES.
doom, get well soon.

Fortunately, you're not a coach.

TXBRONC
11-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't expect that Williams will play that much mainly because he hasn't played all year.

I like the fact that Dumervil wants to play but I don't want him agravating that injury.

I would also like to see Wolfe take it up a notch. I'm complaining about his development he's been doing great with Dumervil hurting we need him take up some of the slack.

topscribe
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Fortunately, you're not a coach.
I don't understand what Zam said that was wrong there. I agree with him.

topscribe
11-16-2012, 11:35 AM
If Ayers can pick up his game as he did last week, then it would be good to rest
Dumervil, that's for sure. I can't see risking losing him for the rest of the season
over one game.

A healthy, prepared DJ would upgrade the defense significantly. Would love to
see him in pads under those circumstances. But it would be happening awfully
quickly to expect it this week.

Dzone
11-16-2012, 11:50 AM
If Elvis cant go, Ayers should fill in just fine

slim
11-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Malik Jackson is the best DL we have.

Sincerely,

Alfred Williams

Chef Zambini
11-16-2012, 01:07 PM
If Elvis cant go, Ayers should fill in just fine
we hope.
the man is houdini !

NightTerror218
11-16-2012, 01:08 PM
If Doom is feeling good, I do not mind him seeing limited time. 3rd and long situations.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-16-2012, 02:19 PM
In terms of attendance, the Broncos are having one of their most encouraging practices in weeks.

Defensive end Elvis Dumervil, back from his left shoulder strain, was not only practicing Friday, but he was also active. Linebacker D.J. Williams, back this week following his suspensions, was also participating full-bore.

The Broncos still must decide whether formally to add Williams to their roster by 2 p.m. Saturday. And Dumervil figures to be listed questionable when the team reveals its injury report later Friday.

But don't be surprised if both play Sunday in the Broncos' pivotal AFC West matchup with the San Diego Chargers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22011108/broncos-elvis-dumervil-d-j-williams-full-bore