PDA

View Full Version : Elway still on a Rocky Mountain high

DenBronx
11-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Elway could have lived out his retirement, raking in money and enjoying the life of this city's biggest celebrity, athletic or otherwise. Instead, he has chosen to get back into the football life.

11:42AM EST November 15. 2012 - ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Drive through the streets of Denver, and John Elway is seemingly everywhere.

His name adorns decals on the back of Chevrolets purchased at his three local dealerships. The Cherry Creek steakhouse that bears his name the place to be seen for after-work drinks. His face is on billboards, his voice on radio commercials.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2012/11/14/john-elway-wins-with-peyton-manning-not-tim-tebow/1705685/

DenBronx
11-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Also from the article:

Elway said he believes moving on from Tebow to a more traditional quarterback was the right move.

"I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans," he said. "My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that's win championships. "