PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Superchop 7
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Broncos let the 4A and 5A teams play for the State Championship at Mile High.

They do not allow 1A 2A 3A to do the same because Joe Ellis says they aren't worth it. ($$$$$$$)

Money is money.

Kids are kids.

Thoughts?

Tned
11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
It's not a charity. If the schools/district/somebody can't come up with the money to cover the costs of opening the stadium up, then there is no reason to do it. Should the stadium company (whatever it's called) do it at break even? Maybe, for the good of the community, but no need to lose money.

chazoe60
11-14-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm glad. I wanna watch Rifle win the state championship at home not have to drive to Denver to see it. I live less than a mile from the HS, we walk to the games all the time.

Oh and we will be bringing that gold ball home this season, Rifle is destroying everyone they play. We've score 475 points this season and only given up 35.

Superchop 7
11-14-2012, 05:34 PM
The 2012 UIL 1A-5A football state championships will be held at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, the UIL announced Tuesday.

"We are excited to announce that the UIL football championships will be held at Cowboys Stadium once again,” UIL director of athletics Mark Cousins said. “As a premiere venue in the state, Cowboys Stadium provides our student athletes and their fans with a remarkable championship experience. The UIL and Cowboys Stadium will work together to ensure more memorable moments at this year's championship games.

Superchop 7
11-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Yep, Rifle is a powerhouse. (But if a road team wins YOUR NOT AT HOME)

I can see it from all angles and its not something I am super passionate about but what I can tell you is that most players would love to be on that field just so they can tell their kids they played on it.

BTW I'm rooting for the #10 seed in 1A. (should be no surprise to anyone)

I'm just an underDOG kind of guy.

Superchop 7
11-14-2012, 08:05 PM
On another side of the debate is the fact that Bowlen is paying more for Manning than he did his stadium and that he should do more for 1A 2A 3A.

Still, taxpayers in the six-county Denver metropolitan area believe Invesco Field is theirs. And deservedly so. They agreed to fund 75 percent of the football stadium by extending the 0.1 percent sales tax initially set up for Coors Field — and quickly paid off because of a strong economy

Read more: Klis: Public funding fuels fury - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16479977#ixzz2CFTgaSak

Nomad
11-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Other than BRONCOS.....Colorado football sucks who cares:couch::lol:

signed

CU Buffs

chazoe60
11-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Other than BRONCOS.....Colorado football sucks who cares:couch::lol:

signed

CU Buffs

Eskimos don't even play football so there's that.

Nomad
11-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm glad. I wanna watch Rifle win the state championship at home not have to drive to Denver to see it. I live less than a mile from the HS, we walk to the games all the time.

Oh and we will be bringing that gold ball home this season, Rifle is destroying everyone they play. We've score 475 points this season and only given up 35.

Walking is good, chazoe!:D You don't go to the games all liquored up bragging about your high school days, do you??

Nomad
11-14-2012, 08:20 PM

Even the best teams from Alaska get smoked. Hey, Schelereth and Kuper played here.

Simple Jaded
11-15-2012, 12:25 AM
My initial thought was that Joe Ellis can suck a wet fart.......

Chef Zambini
11-15-2012, 10:31 AM
sports authority should pay operating costs!
maybe they can organize a bake sale.

Superchop 7
11-15-2012, 04:08 PM
I was going to suggest firing Andrew Mason to save some bucks but they already did that.

sneakers
11-15-2012, 04:35 PM

You stand corrected
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2007/354/7/e/Barrow_Football_Field_by_Ampa.jpghttp://lh3.ggpht.com/-Na2zeXD8PMU/SNlaicUcOqI/AAAAAAAAAjw/SmHksOeuTh4/617-3919996_standalone_prod_affiliate_7.jpg