PDA

View Full Version : It’s the little things for the Broncos

DenBronx
11-14-2012, 03:35 PM
It’s often said that it’s the little things that count in life. By my count, during the Broncos' 36-14 win over the Panthers, there were five of them in particular that deserved a big pat on the back.

The first one hits big. He often plays big. He’s Danny Trevathan, the 6-1, 232-lb nickel- and dime-package linebacker whom the Broncos took as their sixth-round draft choice in April. It doesn’t take much knowledge of the game to notice that he’s usually around the ball at the tackle, and that he’s essentially fearless. Danny’s been getting into games in nickel and dime coverage, paired with his Kentucky fellow alum and super ‘backer, Wesley Woodyard.

Trevathan looked outright diminutive next to the 6-5, 255-lb Carolina tight end Greg Olsen. But discriminating fans may have noticed that after Olsen had gashed the Broncos early on, the team assigned Danny to cover Olsen, with immediate positive results. Trevathan did not shut him down, and he will learn a lot from the encounter, but it shows clearly the confidence Denver is developing in him. And, it was a pretty good start, given what he was being asked to do on the fly. Olsen wasn’t the guy he was mostly studying in film work last week, and the rookie still bothered the TE and made his job harder.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/its-the-little-things-for-the-broncos

Thnikkaman
11-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Just finished reading that article. He makes some really good points. Going to have to keep an eye on Trevathan

BroncoWave
11-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Good read. The hire of Del Rio was definitely a home run. Hopefully we can actually keep him around for a few years.

DenBronx
11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
The article points out that Rahim Moore didnt have the OTAs/Mini Camps that normal rookies get last year. He has bulked up a bit and used last year as a learning experience. He now is 3rd on the team in tackles this year. Moore is starting to look like a solid pick...

G_Money
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Good article. :thumbsup: I don't always agree with IAOFM, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

~G

Tned
11-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Good article. :thumbsup: I don't always agree with IAOFM, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

~G

Smiley fail!! :2thumbs: