PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' D.J. Williams returns from two suspensions, reports for duty

Denver Native (Carol)
11-12-2012, 10:47 PM
In one way, D.J. Williams is lucky. He didn't lose his job for failing a performance-enhancement drug test and receiving an alcohol-related driving conviction in the past year.

Then again in another way, Williams received a harsher punishment than most civilians because he is an elite professional athlete.

"I did the crime, got to do the time," Williams said Monday in front of his Broncos locker. "But it's over with now and hopefully I can help my team continue to keep winning."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21981953/broncos-d-j-williams-returns-from-two-suspensions

cmc0605
11-13-2012, 01:51 AM
very lucky to get him back. Not sure what his role will be, but he has been a consistent leading tackler on this team year in and year out. He's another guy that can bring QB pressure if asked too.

bcbronc
11-13-2012, 02:48 AM
If nothing else, he's saying the right things.

Dean
11-13-2012, 07:26 AM
I would think that being close to losing your livelihood would tend to humble any man. When you are living the dream, the loss, IMO, would be a lifetime of recriminations.

UnderArmour
11-13-2012, 08:26 AM
It just hasn't been a good year for University of Miami linebackers. Vilma started on PUP and is battling a suspension, DJ out for 9 games, Ray Lewis torn triceps out for the year, Jon Beason out for the year, and Nate Webster in jail. Hopefully DJ's string of bad luck is done and he can get rolling.

Northman
11-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Of course he got a harsher punishment. It was his second DUI. But then again, second time offenders in PA get jailtime so DJ is lucky there.

Chef Zambini
11-13-2012, 11:13 AM
talk is cheap.
from some, its worthless.
I dont care what DJ has to say, his actions on and off the field are the only things that will temper my opinion.
I hope he can contribute to our defense, which, frankly, has looked pretty damn good in his absence !

blamkin86
11-13-2012, 11:23 AM
DJ - get your sh!t together man, off the field. I wont' stop watching the broncos because you're getting a third chance. I don't think much of you as a man tho. Take care of your business.

broncofaninfla
11-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm curious to see the packages Del Rio puts together for Williams. So far I've been pretty imprsssed with how Del Rio has used the other LB's.

NightTerror218
11-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I do not think we will see much of DJ for a couple weeks as he gets into game shape and gets worked into the rotation.

Chef Zambini
11-13-2012, 02:55 PM
if he can contribute, DJ will play.
see moreno for details.

TXBRONC
11-13-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm curious to see the packages Del Rio puts together for Williams. So far I've been pretty imprsssed with how Del Rio has used the other LB's.

I would image they will work him into some of the nickle and dime packages.

MOtorboat
11-13-2012, 10:33 PM
@BrandonSpano: Chris Harris: "You just can't take Wood out the game right now, I think you'll see DJ in more of the 'Mike' role on Sunday."

So Chris Harris believes Williams is already back in a big role? He must think this because of practice reps?

Obviously not surprising despite the irrational hatred displayed on the interwebs.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2012, 10:42 PM
The Broncos cleared the way to add linebacker D.J. Williams to the 53-man roster. The team waived rookie safety Duke Ihenacho on Tuesday, opening up a spot.

The Broncos have a roster exemption this week to allow Williams to practice with the team as he comes back from two suspensions that totaled nine games.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the Broncos had not added Williams to their 53-man roster. He was set to practice Wednesday under the exemption.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21989286/broncos-waive-duke-ihenacho-roster-spot-opens-d

Superchop 7
11-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Yep.....he is a Mike now. He messed around and somebody else stepped up in his absence........A Lesson in life.

GEM
11-14-2012, 12:17 PM
"I'd rather have money in my pocket than to be rested"

Oh man....wise words from a knucklehead.

I would never stop watching the Broncos because of one player who I think is a moron. I'll keep watching and I hope he does things to help my team. I hope he isn't just thrown back in there and one of the guys who have stepped up in his spot because he is a moron isn't shoved to the sideline. Main thing is.....stop being a ******* idiot, DJ.