PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Numbers: Week 10

DenBronx
11-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Denver’s defense held Carolina without a third-down conversion as the Panthers finished 0-12 on the day. Over the past three games, opponents have converted just 6-of-38 third downs (.158 pct.) against the Broncos. Sunday was the fourth time in franchise history that the opponent has failed to convert a third down.

Safety Mike Adams sacked Panthers quarterback Cam Newton in the end zone on Sunday to mark the Broncos’ second safety of the season. Denver is the only team in the league to record multiple safeties this year.

Tony Carter’s 40-yard interception return for a touchdown was his second defensive score of the season (65-yard FR TD at S.D.) and his second interception of the season. He is the only player in the NFL to return both an interception and fumble recovery for a touchdown this season.

Wide receiver Trindon Holliday’s 76-yard punt return made him one of just three Broncos to score on a punt return and kick return in the same season. He is one of six players in Broncos annals to record multiple special-teams touchdowns in the same season and just the second to do so in back-to-back games.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/inside-the-numbers-week-10/

Dapper Dan
11-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Expanding on the safeties, apparently there have only been 6 all season. And we have 2 of those.

DenBronx
11-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Speaking of Safeties......ours have been playing really well the past few weeks. Moore and Adams are beggining to make plays too....we were all ready to write them off after week 3.

Dapper Dan
11-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Speaking of Safeties......ours have been playing really well the past few weeks. Moore and Adams are beggining to make plays too....we were all ready to write them off after week 3.

I was iffy on Moore, but I've thought Adams had really been adequate from the beginning.

bcbronc
11-13-2012, 03:03 AM
a safety is my favourite play in football. They make me so happy, cept when they're against us.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Here's another number:

The rank of the Broncos STs in yards per return against this year. Jeff Rodgers is doing a fantastic job coaching the STs and Prater and Colquitt are doing a great job. Colquitt's accurate punts and the coverage units hustling down the field are the things making those Safeties possible. Elway bringing in Holliday was a great move, too. For so many years our STs weren't good, now they can be considered a strength. :salute:

rationalfan
11-13-2012, 09:56 AM
speaking of numbers, i just saw these on the denver post site. it's early, but i haven't seen these kinds of denver defensive numbers since the 6-0 start with mcd/nolan:

The Broncos will enter Sunday's game as the league's sacks leader with 31, third in forced fumbles (11) and tied for sixth in interceptions (10). The Broncos will need to add to those totals against Rivers.

Read more: Youthful Broncos have helped power winning streak - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21984272/youthful-broncos-have-helped-power-winning-streak#ixzz2C7AsrzpQ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse