PDA

View Full Version : Broncos rookie report: Danny Trevathan seeing more fieldwork

TXBRONC
11-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Broncos rookie report: Danny Trevathan seeing more fieldwork
Posted: 11/09/2012 12:01:00 AM MST
By Jeff Legwold

Trevathan continues to get increasing work in the Broncos' nickel package (five defensive backs). He played a season-high 32 plays on defense against the Bengals, finishing with six tackles and his first sack of his career.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21959234/broncos-rookie-report-danny-trevathan-seeing-more-fieldwork

I like this kid a lot and think he is eventually going to be starting for us in the near by future.

broncofaninfla
11-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Agreed Tx, if this kid continues to improve I can see him playing a bigger role on defense. He's def got a natural knack for being around the ball.

silkamilkamonico
11-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Dude's benefitting from a stable system. The defensive system that Del Rio has put in place is not only working, but the players have a firm grasp on whats going on and its producing great play from even average players.

Would love to see the system stick around despite who the DC is. System defenses give teams an identity, ala Pittsburgh and Baltimore, and players become interchangeable.

Really like what I see with the defense and for the first time I am starting to trust it a little bit, even though I know it's still not immunie to some issues.

turftoad
11-09-2012, 10:04 AM
I like him too. The dude was a tackling machine in college.

Chef Zambini
11-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Danny Trevathan seeing more fieldwork.
what?
they have him picking cotton?

Chef Zambini
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Dude's benefitting from a stable system. The defensive system that Del Rio has put in place is not only working, but the players have a firm grasp on whats going on and its producing great play from even average players.

Would love to see the system stick around despite who the DC is. System defenses give teams an identity, ala Pittsburgh and Baltimore, and players become interchangeable.

Really like what I see with the defense and for the first time I am starting to trust it a little bit, even though I know it's still not immunie to some issues.

a great sytem, can the DC be interchangeABLE ?
IT HAS BEEN THAT WAy in baltimore.

Chef Zambini
11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
he needs to work on a sack dance. otherwise what good is the sack !

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Has he been playing ILB?

NightTerror218
11-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Has he been playing ILB?

He has been on the fielding during nickle

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
He has been on the fielding during nickle

Yes, with Wesly, which leads me to believe he's the backup ILB.

TXBRONC
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes, with Wesly, which leads me to believe he's the backup ILB.

He's the back up Will linebacker.

bcbronc
11-10-2012, 01:16 AM
imo he's already the best coverage LB currently on the roster.

Simple Jaded
11-10-2012, 07:16 PM
I sincerely hope Denver can do better than Travathon as a starter, he's exactly what you look for in a backup.......

NightTerror218
11-10-2012, 07:30 PM
I sincerely hope Denver can do better than Travathon as a starter, he's exactly what you look for in a backup.......

He is rookie and playng well. Why does he he to remain back p?

dogfish
11-10-2012, 08:04 PM
danny's been a nice find, and obviously has a future with the team-- whether he starts or not. . . i can definitely see him becoming a fixture in the nickel package. . . but either way, this team has a surplus of competent WILLs, and no legitimate MIKE. . . it still really needs to be addressed next year-- particularly if we do move on from DJ which wouldn't be shocking. . . we can't afford to rely on brooking again, and mays is a goner. . . drop a quality plug-and-play type prospect in the middle, and the LB corps could be in pretty good shape. . . it's too important a position to keep patching, though. . .

hopefully we can get it right-- it could become a real strength of the team with one more good player. . . at least fox and del taco know what they're doing-- it's nice to finally be able to say that about our defensive braintrust, after all these years. . . those guys have a clear idea what they're looking for, and they coach the position very well. . . they just need to find their jon beason clone-- preferably one who is durable, and we can forget about the spot for a decade like we did after drafting big al. . . with von already entrenched at SAM, trev and woody battle it out at WILL-- loser and nate irving give us some decent depth for a change. . .

:defense: