PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Mailbag: Peyton Manning not Denver's only asset

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Mike - I am drinking the Jack Del Rio "cool aid" now as defensive coordinator. As good as Peyton Manning has been, it is also the defensive improvement that has us on the upswing. What can John Elway do to keep him after the season?
-- Tony Ellsworth, Papillion, Neb.

I haven't met too many football fans from Nebraska with your kind of knowledge, Tony. Manning isn't the reason why the Broncos have a chance to go all the way this year. It's Manning and the Broncos' playoff-caliber defense.

Elway won't stop Del Rio from getting a head coaching job. But I wouldn't say Del Rio becoming a head coach again is a slam dunk. First of all, there aren't many NFL jobs out there. Even if there are as many as nine head coaching vacancies at season's end — potential vacancies would be in San Diego, Kansas City, Cleveland, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Tennessee, New York Jets, Washington and Carolina — that's still only nine jobs.

rest - interesting - http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_21939966/broncos-mailbag-eric-decker-touchdown-catching-tear

MOtorboat
11-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Um.

Screw you Klis.