PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Anarchy

GEM
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I just picked up on this show this season. Holy shit.....so good. Now I just need to go back and watch the first few seasons. Totally addicted!

Slick
11-06-2012, 01:02 PM
My Mom turned me on to that show. Estela and I watched seasons 1-4 over the last month and are now all caught up. Good show!

GEM
10-08-2013, 10:41 PM
There is so much going on right now, a little overwhelming, still good.

weazel
10-09-2013, 03:30 PM
This show started out so well and I really like the first 3 seasons but it's just become so repetitive.

Slick
10-09-2013, 03:33 PM
This show started out so well and I really like the first 3 seasons but it's just become so repetitive.

Agreed. Iwatched the first two episodes of this season and I told my girlfriend I feel like we are watching a biker soap opera. I guess in hindsight it was a biker soap opera the whole time but it was definitely more interesting the first few seasons.

weazel
10-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Agreed. Iwatched the first two episodes of this season and I told my girlfriend I feel like we are watching a biker soap opera. I guess in hindsight it was a biker soap opera the whole time but it was definitely more interesting the first few seasons.

I do think its funny that they call Wayne "uncle touchy"... that's some funny shit.

chazoe60
10-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Was it dbfan who called SOA a chick show and then admitted to watching Bones? :laugh:

Slick
10-09-2013, 04:11 PM
I do think its funny that they call Wayne "uncle touchy"... that's some funny shit.

I must have missed that. Remind me again who is Wayne? Is that the retired cop who lives in the trailer?

Was it dbfan who called SOA a chick show and then admitted to watching Bones? :laugh:

I think so.

weazel
10-09-2013, 05:05 PM
I must have missed that. Remind me again who is Wayne? Is that the retired cop who lives in the trailer?

I think so.

yeah that's him. He watches Jax's kid's for him and they taught the kids to call him uncle touchy

ShaneFalco
10-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Otto went out like a G

GEM
11-06-2013, 02:34 AM
Anyone still watch this? Holy!!! So good right now. Tara's in some shit now!

GEM
11-20-2013, 02:36 AM
Holy shitballs!!! You just can't guess what Sutter is going to do next. I say God damn!! **** the irish and clay, all in one scene.

ShaneFalco
11-20-2013, 06:20 AM
i was really hoping jax wouldnt pull that trigger. i like clay.

BroncoNut
11-20-2013, 10:46 AM
I've watched a few episodes, seems like it might be entertaining. I just don't have the time for tv lately. still hooked on ID and LMN. but I am losing my passion. seen one serial killer, yoiu've seen them all.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Holy shitballs!!! You just can't guess what Sutter is going to do next. I say God damn!! **** the irish and clay, all in one scene.

I missed it last night.

GEM
11-20-2013, 02:46 PM
I missed it last night.

Ohhhh hell. You gotta watch it!! Jaw dropping good!!! I was screaming at the tv...WTF!!!

:D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Ohhhh hell. You gotta watch it!! Jaw dropping good!!! I was screaming at the tv...WTF!!!

:D

I hope Clay got wacked. :D

weazel
11-25-2013, 01:56 PM
I hope Clay got wacked. :D

that'll never happen

CoachChaz
11-25-2013, 02:14 PM
that'll never happen

wink

GEM
12-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Tonight should be mind boggling!!!! :D

Slick
12-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Tonight should be mind boggling!!!! :D

I watched the first two episodes of this season and lost interest. My Mom watches it and said it got much better as the season went on. I decided because of your comments, and hers, that I'lI download the entire season when it's over and binge watch it. I enjoyed the first 5 seasons.

Slick
12-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Also, who is Kurt Sutter, Gem? Jax?

CoachChaz
12-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Kurt Sutter is the creator.

GEM
12-10-2013, 04:56 PM
He also played Otto. :D

GEM
12-10-2013, 04:57 PM
The first couple were pretty slow...since then, it's been a whole lot of HOLY SHIT!! :laugh:

CoachChaz
12-10-2013, 05:01 PM
The first couple were pretty slow...since then, it's been a whole lot of HOLY SHIT!! :laugh:

It has been chaos. The previews of tonight's show seem to indicate it will be a lot more of that

GEM
12-10-2013, 05:13 PM
It has been chaos. The previews of tonight's show seem to indicate it will be a lot more of that

I like chaos. :laugh: Juice is.....

GEM
12-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Well, it didn't disappoint on wow factor. Is there anything redeemable about Gemma? I can't wait wait forkarma to kick her ass.

GEM
09-08-2014, 12:51 PM
This is back tomorrow night!! I can't wait!! :D

Slick
09-08-2014, 01:37 PM
This is back tomorrow night!! I can't wait!! :D

is this the last season?

weazel
09-08-2014, 01:42 PM
forgot about this, thanks Gem!

GEM
09-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Slick, this is the last season.

I just want to see Gemma get what's coming to her.

GEM
09-08-2014, 05:54 PM
You're welcome, Weazel! :D

Slick
09-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Slick, this is the last season.

I just want to see Gemma get what's coming to her.

Estela and I will be watching. I won't get to see it until the day after you do. I have to wait a day for the subtitles.

GEM
09-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Pretty good. Jax is the new Clay.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Pretty good. Jax is the new Clay.

What do you mean? I missed the season opener, and I'm not going to have time to watch it. Can you give me some cliff notes?

GEM
09-11-2014, 09:16 AM
What do you mean? I missed the season opener, and I'm not going to have time to watch it. Can you give me some cliff notes?

He just don't give a shit anymore. Before Tara's murder, he thought things through and there was a human quality to him. Now, gloves are off and he's going ruthless.

GEM
09-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Jax went to jail for the club, while there he needed to work on some relationships to keep safe, he sliced a swastika in a guys chest and ripped out 2 teeth to prove worth to white supremacist (Marilyn Manson).

Juice is hiding out in Wendy's old apartment. Wendy's is now staying with Gemma and the boys.

Gemma fingered the Chinese as Tara's murderers. One in particular who they grabbed and tied in Jax's kitchen. Jax tortured him and to finish him off stuck a BBQ fork in his head.

Gemma pretty much just started a war. I can't wait for her to get what's coming to her.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Jax went to jail for the club, while there he needed to work on some relationships to keep safe, he sliced a swastika in a guys chest and ripped out 2 teeth to prove worth to white supremacist (Marilyn Manson).

Juice is hiding out in Wendy's old apartment. Wendy's is now staying with Gemma and the boys.

Gemma fingered the Chinese as Tara's murderers. One in particular who they grabbed and tied in Jax's kitchen. Jax tortured him and to finish him off stuck a BBQ fork in his head.

Gemma pretty much just started a war. I can't wait for her to get what's coming to her.

Why would the Chinese do that? Didn't Jax help them with the Russians? Wasn't Gemma the one that killed her? I don't remember.

Slick
09-11-2014, 09:52 AM
I forgot that Tara took a dirt nap. I'm going to have to watch the season finale of last season before I watch the new one.

CoachChaz
09-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Why would the Chinese do that? Didn't Jax help them with the Russians? Wasn't Gemma the one that killed her? I don't remember.

The Chinese didnt do it. Gemma said they did to cover her own ass.

GEM
09-12-2014, 04:34 PM
That character is just not redeemable. I am openly cheering for her to get killed.

ShaneFalco
09-12-2014, 06:36 PM
i cant stand gemma. Always getting innocent people killed.

OB
09-12-2014, 08:32 PM
i cant stand gemma. Always getting innocent people killed.

Not watching last season as netfilx can't seem to keep up -

And I haven't seen 5 but I for some reason feel you on this but can hate her just yet. This may change once I see 5 & 6 but she has her reasons - lol

Mike
09-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Just finished the first two episodes. It is getting tough to watch and close to ridiculous. Looks like they are trying to make Jax unlikeable. Just don't see him or many others living in the end. Don't know that I care that any of them live either.

Series ends with the boys with Nero and Wendy.

GEM
09-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Just finished the first two episodes. It is getting tough to watch and close to ridiculous. Looks like they are trying to make Jax unlikeable. Just don't see him or many others living in the end. Don't know that I care that any of them live either.

Series ends with the boys with Nero and Wendy.

That's my thought as well. At this point, I'm really just watching to see Gemma get hers. :laugh:

Mike
09-18-2014, 10:30 AM
That's my thought as well. At this point, I'm really just watching to see Gemma get hers. :laugh:

Sutter will have her live at the end. Just for the lulz.

Bronco9798
09-24-2014, 11:48 AM

I used to love me some Gemma. Now I hate the biker trash whore. I want her to suffer a slow death.

Jax is totally out of control. He's a monster. Not a person he won't kill.

Juice is going to heavily involved in some serious stuff her soon. It's all setting up.

Awesome show still, but it's a good time to end it this year! it's been a fun ride.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Jax is enjoying the violence. He's gone a little wacko.

GEM
09-24-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm not liking this Jax. He's unlikable, even if it was for a good reason.

Bronco9798
09-24-2014, 12:02 PM
I feel the same about Jax. I'm starting to lose my like for him a little bit. If he kills Gemma, he gets a pass.

CoachChaz
09-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Maybe in the minority, but I'm kind of digging the storyline of Jax losing it and turning into the things he originally wanted to get away from.

BroncoNut
09-24-2014, 12:26 PM
is Jax Jimmy smits? If so, I hate Jax. he's devious.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2014, 12:30 PM
is Jax Jimmy smits? If so, I hate Jax. he's devious.

No, Jax is the gang leader.

BroncoNut
09-24-2014, 12:40 PM
No, Jax is the gang leader.

white dude? the one that has the son and has issues with the mother? blonde/blue, Nordic looking? about 5'10"?

weazel
09-24-2014, 01:07 PM
I kinda got tired of this show last season when they just rehashed season 3 all over again... but of course I'm going to finish it. So far it just seems like they want to set up a big battle for the end and most will end up dead. It's overdue, it should have been over a couple seasons ago.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2014, 01:18 PM
I kinda got tired of this show last season when they just rehashed season 3 all over again... but of course I'm going to finish it. So far it just seems like they want to set up a big battle for the end and most will end up dead. It's overdue, it should have been over a couple seasons ago.

Last year wore on me because it was becoming too much of a soap opera. So far, this year is a little more action packed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2014, 01:18 PM
white dude? the one that has the son and has issues with the mother? blonde/blue, Nordic looking? about 5'10"?

Yes, with long flowing golden locks and the Clint Eastwood voice.

BroncoNut
09-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Yes, with long flowing golden locks and the Clint Eastwood voice.

well, I'm not so sure about that :blushing: I've only checked into the program a couple of times. some interesting characters for sure. seems like Jimmy Smit kinda screws people over a lot. he better be careful imo,

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2014, 03:55 PM
well, I'm not so sure about that :blushing: I've only checked into the program a couple of times. some interesting characters for sure. seems like Jimmy Smit kinda screws people over a lot. he better be careful imo,

They're criminals...their lifestyle is to screw people over.

BroncoNut
09-25-2014, 07:39 AM
They're criminals...their lifestyle is to screw people over.

still, no excuse in my opinion :justme:

Bronco9798
09-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Almost time!!

Bronco9798
09-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Great ending!! Next week should be plenty of fun!! Things are getting real ugly in Charming and all the whores are dead!!! lol...

GEM
10-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Tig is an effing weirdo. :laugh:

Bronco9798
10-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Tig is an effing weirdo. :laugh:

yeah, he really disgusted me last night.

Bronco9798
10-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Good show tonight!! Juice has Gemma in an awkward position. This is getting good!!!

GEM
10-08-2014, 01:29 AM
I want a bullet in her cranium, but I want Jax to find it was her first!!

Bronco9798
10-08-2014, 06:46 AM
I want a bullet in her cranium, but I want Jax to find it was her first!!

I'm with you. I liked her in that position when the show ended. I liked seeing her staring down the barrel of a gun and pleading for her life. I would torture her for a bit, kick some dirt in her face, and probably stick some foreign objects in some her body cavities. That's how much I despise even looking at her at this point of the show. Chibs is getting it on with the female cop. I find that odd, but at this point anything can happen. Juice is on the loose. The big question is though, where is Gemma? I think he tied her up in the woods. Eventually, Jag will kill her!!!

GEM
10-08-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm with you. I liked her in that position when the show ended. I liked seeing her staring down the barrel of a gun and pleading for her life. I would torture her for a bit, kick some dirt in her face, and probably stick some foreign objects in some her body cavities. That's how much I despise even looking at her at this point of the show. Chibs is getting it on with the female cop. I find that odd, but at this point anything can happen. Juice is on the loose. The big question is though, where is Gemma? I think he tied her up in the woods. Eventually, Jag will kill her!!!

Chibbs and the cop have history. Not sure what it is, but they aren't new to each other. I love Chibbs, probably my favorite on the show.

Last night felt like it is now all coming together leading into the big finale. So freaking good!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm a little confused by the scene where the dirty cop killed the other cop, who took the bribe to not guard the guns. Is the dirty cop the one who told him not to guard the guns that night? Wasn't Nero involved in that?

GEM
10-08-2014, 10:17 AM
I didn't put that together either.

Jimmy Smits is just so freaking good, love him.

Bronco9798
10-08-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm a little confused by the scene where the dirty cop killed the other cop, who took the bribe to not guard the guns. Is the dirty cop the one who told him not to guard the guns that night? Wasn't Nero involved in that?

That's why dirty cop shot dirty cop. Too much was fixing to come out of his mouth. Brasko, or whatever his name is had to shut him up quick.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2014, 10:52 AM
I didn't put that together either.

Jimmy Smits is just so freaking good, love him.

I'm surprised Jax hasn't caught on to him.

That's why dirty cop shot dirty cop. Too much was fixing to come out of his mouth. Brasko, or whatever his name is had to shut him up quick.

That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't remember what went down with the guns at the warehouse. I thought Nero and the gang of Latino bikers gunned the black gang down and took the guns.

Do you remember Gem?

GEM
10-08-2014, 04:15 PM
That's the part of the story I haven't kept a close listen to.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2014, 04:28 PM
That's the part of the story I haven't kept a close listen to.

I remember the scene, but I can't remember if it was at the warehouse where the guns were for sure....I think it might have been. If so, Nero isn't the good guy they think he is.

Bronco9798
10-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I remember the scene, but I can't remember if it was at the warehouse where the guns were for sure....I think it might have been. If so, Nero isn't the good guy they think he is.

Nobody is anymore.....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Nobody is anymore.....

Well, they are an outlaw biker gang. :laugh:

GEM
10-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Ohhhh now I remember, yea. That's when they led them in there and then you see the black gang shot and laying over the stuff in the warehouse. Yep. Remember now. I hope they don't muck up Nero, I love his character.

GEM
10-09-2014, 09:32 AM
And now Jax told Nero that Gemma saw the Chinese, so now she's officially lying to Nero. Wouldn't it be nuts if Nero is the one that kills Gemma? Because of her actions his kid gets killed and he kills her for all the lies that led up to it. :shocked: OOOOOH!!

BroncoNut
10-09-2014, 09:37 AM
is it a good enough series to watch? I noticed the seasons on sale at Best Buy the other day. thanks, Agap

Bronco9798
10-09-2014, 09:41 AM
is it a good enough series to watch? I noticed the seasons on sale at Best Buy the other day. thanks, Agap

Nut, when I tell you this, trust me. It's absolute amazing. You watch season 1 and see if you aren't hooked, I'll refund you your money. Believe me, it's that good.

Bronco9798
10-09-2014, 09:42 AM
And now Jax told Nero that Gemma saw the Chinese, so now she's officially lying to Nero. Wouldn't it be nuts if Nero is the one that kills Gemma? Because of her actions his kid gets killed and he kills her for all the lies that led up to it. :shocked: OOOOOH!!

The build up is really good right now.

GEM
10-09-2014, 09:44 AM

I want to rush through the end to see what happens, but at the same time, I don't because I don't want it to end!! :lol:

Bronco9798
10-09-2014, 09:47 AM
I want to rush through the end to see what happens, but at the same time, I don't because I don't want it to end!! :lol:

I dont want it to end either. I started Season 1 about 6 months ago and binged watched the first 6 seasons. It's fun doing it that way instead of watching 1 a week. i could watch them back to back, sometimes 4 a day. It was awesome. Now, it's so slow waiting for the next episode.

GEM
10-09-2014, 09:49 AM
I dont want it to end either. I started Season 1 about 6 months ago and binged watched the first 6 seasons. It's fun doing it that way instead of watching 1 a week. i could watch them back to back, sometimes 4 a day. It was awesome. Now, it's so slow waiting for the next episode.

I started watching the show in the middle of season 5 on tv to see if I liked it. When I did, I went back on Amazon Prime and watched all the other seasons.

It feels weird this season with no Tara. She was a good balance for the show. Effing Gemma!

BroncoNut
10-09-2014, 09:50 AM

this series of posts sounds like a romance novel. the love and physical attraction are so intense that you can't fight it, but someone's going to be hurt.

Bronco9798
10-09-2014, 09:51 AM
I started watching the show in the middle of season 5 on tv to see if I liked it. When I did, I went back on Amazon Prime and watched all the other seasons.

It feels weird this season with no Tara. She was a good balance for the show. Effing Gemma!

I liked Tara and I loved Gemma. Then when Gemma did her thing, I turned on her. I hate her now. I want her to die a slow horrible death and I want to enjoy it.

BroncoNut
10-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Nut, when I tell you this, trust me. It's absolute amazing. You watch season 1 and see if you aren't hooked, I'll refund you your money. Believe me, it's that good.

I'll check it out then. I did Breaking bad (binge/marathon style) last summer. Hey, reminds me, did you catch any True Detective? I watched the 1st season and really like it, but I've heard nothing on a 2nd season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-09-2014, 09:53 AM
I'll check it out then. I did Breaking bad (binge/marathon style) last summer. Hey, reminds me, did you catch any True Detective? I watched the 1st season and really like it, but I've heard nothing on a 2nd season.

Have you watched The Bridge? Season 2 just ended. It's my favorite show by a long shot.

Bronco9798
10-09-2014, 09:55 AM

I do Walking Dead. Season 6 starts Sunday night! I'm pretty pumped. I love the show. I'm doing Breaking Bad after Sons of Anarchy!

Bronco9798
10-09-2014, 09:56 AM

Trust me on SOA. I promise, you'll love it. The characters are great!!! The story lines are amazing.

BroncoNut
10-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Trust me on SOA. I promise, you'll love it. The characters are great!!! The story lines are amazing.

I'll do it. I've seen a few episodes. I'm sure I will (love it). you'll like breaking bad. I've heard that Games of thrones is pretty amazing too.

GEM
10-09-2014, 10:10 AM
I can't freaking wait for Sunday, Walking Dead is by far my favorite. I couldn't do Breaking Bad, too many memories and triggers with that show.

BroncoNut
10-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Have you watched The Bridge? Season 2 just ended. It's my favorite show by a long shot.

no I haven't. I don't really see where you guys find the time for all this tv honestly. I don't have Netflix though, so that might be a big reason.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-09-2014, 10:33 AM
no I haven't. I don't really see where you guys find the time for all this tv honestly. I don't have Netflix though, so that might be a big reason.

I have a dvr. I don't watch the shows at the time they air. I record them, then when I watch them I skip through all of the commercials. The Bridge is probably the only show I watch on my own where I don't miss any episodes. I have a few other shows I watch with my wife, but all of them are recorded so we can skip through the commercials.

BroncoNut
10-09-2014, 10:51 AM
I have a dvr. I don't watch the shows at the time they air. I record them, then when I watch them I skip through all of the commercials. The Bridge is probably the only show I watch on my own where I don't miss any episodes. I have a few other shows I watch with my wife, but all of them are recorded so we can skip through the commercials.

that's another thing I need to learn to do, record and view shows. I just don't take the time to learn/monkey around with it.

Bronco9798
10-09-2014, 03:09 PM
I can't freaking wait for Sunday, Walking Dead is by far my favorite. I couldn't do Breaking Bad, too many memories and triggers with that show.

Too cool! You're a Walking Dead fan!!! Love that show.

GEM
10-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Too cool! You're a Walking Dead fan!!! Love that show.

I go into anxiety when they go on the 6 mos hiatus. :laugh: Love Michonne, that chic is a badass!!

ShaneFalco
10-09-2014, 04:29 PM
I wonder who is going to die. Someone will!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-09-2014, 04:56 PM
that's another thing I need to learn to do, record and view shows. I just don't take the time to learn/monkey around with it.

The dvr is a pretty simple machine. It only costs an additional $7 per month through Dish Network.

BroncoNut
10-14-2014, 01:21 PM
The dvr is a pretty simple machine. It only costs an additional $7 per month through Dish Network.

something about this rings a bell. I'll have to review my DTV contract, not sure if I opted for that service, (I didn't foresee recording a lot of programs when I signed up I don't think).

Bronco9798
10-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Tonight should be another good episode!!! Anxious to see what kind of position Gemma is in. I think Juice tied her up. I can't wait!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2014, 01:34 PM
something about this rings a bell. I'll have to review my DTV contract, not sure if I opted for that service, (I didn't foresee recording a lot of programs when I signed up I don't think).

Do you have Direct TV? They would probably charge you a service call of around $100 if you don't already have a dvr. Other than that, I think they charge about $10 per month for DVR service.

GEM
10-14-2014, 02:45 PM
High TV watching is in full gear.

Broncos/Walking Dead Sundays
The Voice Mondays
The Voice and Sons Tuesdays
American Horror Story Wednesdays

:laugh:

CoachChaz
10-14-2014, 02:51 PM
High TV watching is in full gear.

Broncos/Walking Dead Sundays
The Voice Mondays
The Voice and Sons Tuesdays
American Horror Story Wednesdays

:laugh:

I have pretty much the same list, but I add Blacklist on Mondays and Chicago Fire on Tuesdays along with Hell on Wheels on Saturdays.

GEM
10-14-2014, 03:00 PM
I have pretty much the same list, but I add Blacklist on Mondays and Chicago Fire on Tuesdays along with Hell on Wheels on Saturdays.

I keep watching Chicago Fire and telling myself to stop. I can't afford anymore time in front of the tv. :laugh:

Bronco9798
10-14-2014, 03:33 PM
I hate TV. I watch Walking dead and Sons of Anarchy. Everything else is Sports, News, and Weather. I like the weather channel they have some pretty cool specials on there. Just not much of a T V guy. I game and read stuff on the internet.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2014, 05:40 PM

What happened to Hell on Wheels this last week? The season isn't over yet, is it?

Bronco9798
10-14-2014, 08:48 PM
10 minutes!! i'm pretty excited!!

Bronco9798
10-14-2014, 10:34 PM
OK shits getting real now!!!

Bronco9798
10-14-2014, 10:35 PM
That was awesome. Gemma is so ******!!! I'm loving it!!

Bronco9798
10-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Did you guys watch last night?

CoachChaz
10-15-2014, 10:00 AM
What happened to Hell on Wheels this last week? The season isn't over yet, is it?

Mid-season break...kind of. Starts back in November

CoachChaz
10-15-2014, 10:00 AM
I keep watching Chicago Fire and telling myself to stop. I can't afford anymore time in front of the tv. :laugh:

I'm hooked on it.

CoachChaz
10-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Did you guys watch last night?

Next week should be good. Juice really has no option but to tell Jax what happened if he values his life as much as it appears he does.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Mid-season break...kind of. Starts back in November

Have you watched The Bridge? That is my favorite show on tv.

Bronco9798
10-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Next week should be good. Juice really has no option but to tell Jax what happened if he values his life as much as it appears he does.

Juice is the man right now. He's going to be saved though because Jax is loyal to his mom even though she has just really screwed everything up with lying about the Chinese killing Tara. But Juice saved her when he shot the cop in the house after Gemma killed Tara. Juice is going to tell Jax everything and Jax will let him live. But, what will Jax do with Gemma. Just my opinion, I'm probably wrong.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2014, 10:09 AM

The previews for next week sort of imply he tells Jax.

GEM
10-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Gemma walking down the side of the road at the beginning and the words out of my mouth....damn it Juice, should have just shot the bitch.

:lol:

Bronco9798
10-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Gemma walking down the side of the road at the beginning and the words out of my mouth....damn it Juice, should have just shot the bitch.

:lol:

I was hoping she was tied up for awhile.

CoachChaz
10-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Have you watched The Bridge? That is my favorite show on tv.

No...I'm pretty maxed out at this point. Struggling to keep up with what I have now.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2014, 10:26 AM
No...I'm pretty maxed out at this point. Struggling to keep up with what I have now.

I know the feeling. I'm thinking about dropping Sons of Anarchy.

CoachChaz
10-15-2014, 10:28 AM
I know the feeling. I'm thinking about dropping Sons of Anarchy.

Too invested in that. Don't really want to blow off 6 years. If I drop something, it will be Blacklist. Only because my wife watches that with me and I end up 3-4 weeks behind because I have to wait on her to catch up with me. Otherwise, I'd be fine.

When GoT starts up, I'll be spread pretty thin. Might have to start watching some stuff while I'm at work.

GEM
10-15-2014, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't give up SOA, there isn't much left of it.

Bronco9798
10-15-2014, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't give up SOA, there isn't much left of it.

I thought the same thing. Why would you give up on SOA!! It's really good and it's almost over.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Too invested in that. Don't really want to blow off 6 years. If I drop something, it will be Blacklist. Only because my wife watches that with me and I end up 3-4 weeks behind because I have to wait on her to catch up with me. Otherwise, I'd be fine.

When GoT starts up, I'll be spread pretty thin. Might have to start watching some stuff while I'm at work.

I gave up on GoT because I didn't want to pay for HBO.

The Bridge is on the same channel as Sons of Anarchy, and they seem to run in opposite seasons. One of the reasons I'm thinking about dropping S of A is I watch it after my wife goes to bed because she doesn't like the violence, and the episodes are so long I always seem to be up until midnight when I watch them. I feel like a dork being exhausted the next day at work because I stayed up so late watching tv. :laugh:

It seems to still take at least 45 minutes to watch SofA even dvr'd.

The Bridge is awesome. It's really well written, and the actors are pretty talented. They do a great job of creating a lot of different angles to the show, exploiting realistic scenarios of the cultural challenges along the border....drug smuggling, money laundering, sex trade, etc. etc. I find the way they portray the cultural dynamic to be fascinating. I haven't found anyone yet that likes the show as much as I do, but it's easily my favorite show.

CoachChaz
10-15-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm one of those people that cant go to bed before midnight, but still gets up at 6 every morning without any problems. My wife, on the other hand, is the complete opposite and is in bed by 9:30 at the latest. So, I get some time in the evening to catch up. I also work from home quite a bit, so I have time during the day. Even with all that, I find myself getting behind on things from time to time.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm one of those people that cant go to bed before midnight, but still gets up at 6 every morning without any problems. My wife, on the other hand, is the complete opposite and is in bed by 9:30 at the latest. So, I get some time in the evening to catch up. I also work from home quite a bit, so I have time during the day. Even with all that, I find myself getting behind on things from time to time.

I need 6.5-7 hours of sleep. If I only get 5-6 I feel like crap the next day.

Just watch the first episode of the Bridge and tell me what you think. It should be available through your dvr service.

CoachChaz
10-15-2014, 01:43 PM
I need 6.5-7 hours of sleep. If I only get 5-6 I feel like crap the next day.

Just watch the first episode of the Bridge and tell me what you think. It should be available through your dvr service.

If it's on FX, I can watch it on-line on FXNOW without commercials. I'll check it out tomorrow. Also been wanting to check out The Strain...just haven't found time.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2014, 02:00 PM
If it's on FX, I can watch it on-line on FXNOW without commercials. I'll check it out tomorrow. Also been wanting to check out The Strain...just haven't found time.

Did you check it out?

CoachChaz
10-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Did you check it out?

LOL...not yet. But...I am wife and kid free all weekend, so I should have some time to get into it this weekend.

GEM
10-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Uh oh.... THe Bridge just got cancelled. :(

Bronco9798
10-21-2014, 03:26 PM
SOA, as usual, should be pretty awesome tonight. Does Juice live or die!

Slick
10-21-2014, 03:47 PM

I liked the first season a lot. I haven't gotten to the second. I am also waiting until SOA is done to start watching it. I hate waiting a week in between cliffhangers. You guys have done a good job of not posting too many spoilers so I keep following this thread even though I haven't been watching.

Bronco9798
10-21-2014, 10:57 PM
That was long and drawn out to get to a really good ending. The Juice thing was blah. Good episode. It made for a nice build up next week. Nice to see ol Bob-O still alive with one eye, lol..

GEM
10-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Didn't like the ending of that one!! :mad: Not quite sure why they went away from a mantra they have had the entire series, no guy rides alone, especially with how screwed up things are right now. The writers slipped there.

Bronco9798
10-22-2014, 11:57 AM
It was a strange episode. There wasn't any conversation between Jax and Juice. Showed them on the hill and Jax throws him his jacket and off they go. I wanted them to engage in conversation. Just wasn't a great show for me. I'm excited for next week though.

BroncoNut
10-28-2014, 04:44 PM
I forgot that Tara took a dirt nap. I'm going to have to watch the season finale of last season before I watch the new one.

why anyone would choose to sleep in the dirt is beyond me, but it seems quite a few make that decision.

per topic, my sister says the series sucks. she said it gets old after a while and that the characters are stupid. sorry

Mike
10-28-2014, 05:30 PM
why anyone would choose to sleep in the dirt is beyond me, but it seems quite a few make that decision.

per topic, my sister says the series sucks. she said it gets old after a while and that the characters are stupid. sorry

It has gotten worse. I really enjoyed the first two seasons. The rest were ok, but the series really started to spiral when Opie died.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-28-2014, 05:38 PM

Are you kidding me? That freaking sucks! I thought it was the best show on tv.

GEM
10-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Are you kidding me? That freaking sucks! I thought it was the best show on tv.

Sorry! I immediately thought of you and felt bad. :(

ShaneFalco
10-29-2014, 03:08 AM
SOA seems to be getting really boring. I dont give a shit about Gemma, the junkie mom and stupid grandkids. Whole episode about stupid shit.

i expected more from the final season then the last 5minutes of episodes to be worth watching.

GEM
10-29-2014, 08:47 AM
I fell asleep. :laugh:

CoachChaz
10-29-2014, 08:50 AM
This is turning into something that could have an amazing last few episodes...or could completely tank. You can tell there are a million ways they can go with the story line...but they are dragging out the petty details way too much so far.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-29-2014, 08:57 AM
Sorry! I immediately thought of you and felt bad. :(

Where did you see it got cancelled?

GEM
10-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Where did you see it got cancelled?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/21/the-bridge-canceled-by-fx/

GEM
10-29-2014, 10:14 AM
This is turning into something that could have an amazing last few episodes...or could completely tank. You can tell there are a million ways they can go with the story line...but they are dragging out the petty details way too much so far.

I'd probably be more patient with it if it didn't start at 11pm on a Tuesday here. I don't have DVR and all that shit so it's either watch it at the time or pay $1.99/episode on Amazon some other time. I try to stay up for it, but getting up at 5:30 the next morning after going to sleep at 12:30 just doesn't really work for me. It's usually why I go back and watch a full season on netflix after the fact.

Bronco9798
10-29-2014, 01:53 PM
I also get tired of waiting 90 minutes for the ending. The show is really starting to get long and drawn out. Made it this far so I'll go to the end. Didn't realize Carmelo Anthony made a quick appearance last night on the show.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24773553/knicks-carmelo-anthony-makes-weird-silent-sons-of-anarchy-cameo

Mike
10-31-2014, 08:25 AM

Yeah, the conversation between Jurry and Jax was interesting and brought back to light the battle in the first season. The choice of paths for Jax between Clay's and his father's way. I would expect that they wanted to drag Jax deep down the dark path before a choice is made. And then adding to it the nature Abel is taking and the never ending cycle. Taking a long time to get there...will be interesting to see the result. But they need to start getting there quick because it is getting to the point that people just don't like the characters anymore and don't care what happens to them. I think they are getting there though, with Unser putting things together and Nero is as well. I can't imagine much of the audience is enjoying the drawn out nature of the story with Gemma and Juice and all these little side plots. I think it will pay off in the end though.

I think Nero vandalized the house to push Jax to let the kids go.

Bronco9798
10-31-2014, 08:31 AM
I think Nero vandalized the house to push Jax to let the kids go.

Interesting. I never went there. Makes sense!

CoachChaz
10-31-2014, 09:31 AM
Interesting. I never went there. Makes sense!

Yeah. Thinking about it, it would be a good play to get her to move with him. Especially since he talked to Wendy about the move immediately after.

Bronco9798
10-31-2014, 01:27 PM
Speaking of Wendy, would you? I debate it in my mind sometimes when watching the show. At one moment I think, yeah, I would. Then another scene, I think, nah, probably not. Just curious what you thought.

CoachChaz
10-31-2014, 01:32 PM
Speaking of Wendy, would you? I debate it in my mind sometimes when watching the show. At one moment I think, yeah, I would. Then another scene, I think, nah, probably not. Just curious what you thought.

During the Sopranos years...definitely. SOA years...maybe.

Bronco9798
11-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Not a bad episode Tuesday night. Things are really setting up for the finale here in a few weeks.

Slick
11-05-2014, 10:03 PM

Someone hacked Coach's account. The old Coach would bang her and 3 more just like her.

ShaneFalco
11-06-2014, 12:17 AM
RIP bobby.

Good episode.

Screw wendy, id rather be with that cop on the hood of her cop car anyday!

CoachChaz
11-06-2014, 08:14 AM

Someone hacked Coach's account. The old Coach would bang her and 3 more just like her.

Damn...i am getting a little "picky" as I get older.

Mike
11-13-2014, 10:16 AM
What a bizarre episode. I think I liked it, but there was so much that was just bizarre. The intro, getting tired of the directors desire to show ass, Tig's evolving relationship, Juice's new love life. I am past the shock factor, tell the story without the tangents.

Liked the way the Marks thread was wrapped up. And the reveal. I kept waiting for Abel to ask Jax and Wendy if Grandma was going to kill Wendy too and was disappointed when it didn't happen. But then it was revealed, so it's all good. Should be interesting to see where it goes from here, feels like the season just started.

ShaneFalco
11-14-2014, 02:37 AM
the whole tranny thing to me is strange.

I liked JAX and them shooting up all those guys.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 10:27 PM
I liked the last episode. I had to FF through the Tigs and the thing part. My stomach was eroding. The ending sets up the next show for a pretty good one. One of the best episodes so far this season. 3 left.

Bronco9798
11-19-2014, 09:09 AM
This last episode was really good. The exchange between Jax and Juice at the jail was an award winning moment for TV. Well done. The interview with Juice and wayne/sherriff was also very good. An all around well 1.5 hours of TV. Can't wait for next week!! That was really really good last night.

CoachChaz
11-19-2014, 09:21 AM
This last episode was really good. The exchange between Jax and Juice at the jail was award an award winning moment for TV. Well done. The interview with Juice and wayne/sherriff was also very good. An all around well 1.5 hours of TV. Can't wait for next week!! That was really really good last night.

Brilliantly written and brilliantly executed. When I was watching the Jax/Juice scene, I was thinking if there was an award for best scene in a drama...this would win it. Then the scene with Nero and Gemma when Jax tells Nero. Also top notch. Just an amazing episode.

GEM
11-19-2014, 10:09 AM
That was freaking awesome sauce!!! :D

Bronco9798
11-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Brilliantly written and brilliantly executed. When I was watching the Jax/Juice scene, I was thinking if there was an award for best scene in a drama...this would win it. Then the scene with Nero and Gemma when Jax tells Nero. Also top notch. Just an amazing episode.

Absolutely. Last night was a complete winner!!

CoachChaz
11-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Absolutely. Last night was a complete winner!!

What concerns me and what I'm anxious to see is how Sutter tops last nights episode with his writing in the last two. Gonna be tough

Bronco9798
11-19-2014, 01:46 PM
What concerns me and what I'm anxious to see is how Sutter tops last nights episode with his writing in the last two. Gonna be tough

Totally agree. He can't get much better than last night. That was powerful stuff!!!

Mike
11-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Finally got to watch it. I don't know what to say. Great acting and great script. I agree with Coach, it's going to tough to top that.

GEM
12-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Can't wait for tonight! :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2014, 09:55 AM
It didn't start until 11pm last. That's too late for me. How was it?

GEM
12-03-2014, 11:29 AM
It was 2 hours long...but so worth it. Just wow!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2014, 11:40 AM
It was 2 hours long...but so worth it. Just wow!!!

How ya feelin' today? You must have been up until 1:30am or so.

I'm closing on a house I'm buying, so I don't have my dvr set up, which means I probably won't be able to watch it prior to the last episode next week. Do you mind giving me a recap?

CoachChaz
12-03-2014, 12:33 PM
How did it not start until 11? It came on at 9:00 as usual in CST.

CoachChaz
12-03-2014, 12:36 PM
How ya feelin' today? You must have been up until 1:30am or so.

I'm closing on a house I'm buying, so I don't have my dvr set up, which means I probably won't be able to watch it prior to the last episode next week. Do you mind giving me a recap?

Not sure if you currently have a cable account, but if you do...or if you know someone that does...you can go to FX NOW and watch the episode on-line. I'm sure we could give a recap, but it wouldnt do the episode any justice.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Not sure if you currently have a cable account, but if you do...or if you know someone that does...you can go to FX NOW and watch the episode on-line. I'm sure we could give a recap, but it wouldn't do the episode any justice.

That's true, my dvr will be up and running Friday evening, so I'll be able to get it on demand then.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2014, 01:00 PM

I don't know, I'm assuming it's the cable company my parents have (Cable One). That's where we're staying while we're waiting to close on the house we're buying. They aired a movie in the normal time slot instead. Dish Network usually airs it at 8pm, then a re-run of the episode right after that.

Slick
12-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Is that it? Season finale last night?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Is that it? Season finale last night?

I think the finale is next week.

GEM
12-03-2014, 01:45 PM

Comes on at 11pm here, was up til 1am and then couldn't wind down to sleep after watching til 1:30. Sleepy today, but got damn so worth it!

CoachChaz
12-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Comes on at 11pm here, was up til 1am and then couldn't wind down to sleep after watching til 1:30. Sleepy today, but got damn so worth it!

Strange. On at 9:00 in CST. I usually DVR it anyway so I can skip commercials. For some reason, it's been recording the show and the travesty that comes on after...Anarchy Afterword.

ShaneFalco
12-03-2014, 06:34 PM
poor uncer

GEM
12-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Unser led Gemma to kill Tara, his phone call with bs info set Gemma in motion. I wasn't shocked at him dying. Juice's death almost made me cry though, I thought he got a shit deal.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Unser led Gemma to kill Tara, his phone call with bs info set Gemma in motion. I wasn't shocked at him dying. Juice's death almost made me cry though, I thought he got a shit deal.

Juice puts the capital C in crazy

Mike
12-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Just watched it. I thought it was well done. Was pretty surprised both with the death and who did it. Surprised with Unser too, didn't see that coming.

Couple of weird moments that I can't put together. Jax's limp, what tools was Nero looking for, why didn't Nero go to stop Jax, what was the by-law that Jax wants done away with?

GEM
12-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Just watched it. I thought it was well done. Was pretty surprised both with the death and who did it. Surprised with Unser too, didn't see that coming.

Couple of weird moments that I can't put together. Jax's limp, what tools was Nero looking for, why didn't Nero go to stop Jax, what was the by-law that Jax wants done away with?

The by-law is allowing blacks into Sons. He wants the Grim Reapers to have a spot with the crew.

GEM
12-08-2014, 12:43 PM
I cannot wait for tomorrow night, but I also don't want it to end! :lol:

Bronco9798
12-10-2014, 08:36 AM
Interesting final show. The ending was just OK for me. The episode was very good though. I liked how Jax finished his business before he died. That was good. Liked the girl who told him it was time and gave him the blanket. That was outstanding. Overall, great episode, OK ending, and a really fantastic show for 7 seasons. I would highly recommend it!

CoachChaz
12-10-2014, 09:42 AM
It was definitely a good show for 7 years, but Sutter definitely had his disappointing moments in the last few episodes. Last night for sure. Just not very realistic that he could randomly go about on a mini killing spree to tie up loose ends for the club. Thought that was a bit of a reach. The homeless girl...the blanket...sitting on the courthouse stairs...not very believable. I guess I just played out in my head about a dozen different endings that would be really good, but I didnt really think they would be better than how it happened.

Bronco9798
12-10-2014, 10:19 AM
It was definitely a good show for 7 years, but Sutter definitely had his disappointing moments in the last few episodes. Last night for sure. Just not very realistic that he could randomly go about on a mini killing spree to tie up loose ends for the club. Thought that was a bit of a reach. The homeless girl...the blanket...sitting on the courthouse stairs...not very believable. I guess I just played out in my head about a dozen different endings that would be really good, but I didnt really think they would be better than how it happened.

The blanket thing was no where close to being believable, but I thought that's what made it good. It was something thrown in there to make you think, even though it made no sense. I thought his death could of been a bit more dramatic, and left the door open to some type of comeback. A situation to where it leave you thinking is he really dead. It was built up for a big ending, but really never reached it.

GEM
12-10-2014, 10:40 AM
I cried a couple times. Mostly the scenes of the kiddos. The last scene of Abel twirling his Sons ring. I don't know why, but that hit me. Just thought of how much loss that boy has felt and will feel over a lifetime. Damn Sutter. I felt a little letdown at the end, like it wasn't enough. But it definitely tugged at me. Going to miss Teller Tuesdays. :(

CoachChaz
12-10-2014, 10:43 AM
The blanket thing was no where close to being believable, but I thought that's what made it good. It was something thrown in there to make you think, even though it made no sense. I thought his death could of been a bit more dramatic, and left the door open to some type of comeback. A situation to where it leave you thinking is he really dead. It was built up for a big ending, but really never reached it.

I have a tendency to compare endings to the Sopranos ending due to the fact that it was so controversial in the eyes of viewers that wanted more out of it. In all honesty...I'd have to say the final episode of the Sopranos was better than this one. Just way too much unbelievable stuff and a very anti-climactic ending for Jackson. If that episode was just a season finale I would have been disappointed...let alone a series finale.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Is there ever a final episode of a popular show that people don't complain about? They left people wanting more, which is the ultimate goal. I think it was a pretty good episode.

CoachChaz
12-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Is there ever a final episode of a popular show that people don't complain about? They left people wanting more, which is the ultimate goal. I think it was a pretty good episode.

I dont think it left me wanting more...I just think it was sloppy and not very well written.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-10-2014, 12:58 PM
I dont think it left me wanting more...I just think it was sloppy and not very well written.

Gotcha...well, I wasn't exactly referring to you specifically. I thought the finale was fine. I don't think people ever like the way shows end. Personally, I didn't think the killing spree at the end was all together unbelievable. I could see a cold calculating psycho path getting away with those 3 killings.....well, except for the one in front of the court house. I could see him getting away with the killing like that, but not just casually walking away. He would have been chased.

Mike
12-10-2014, 04:18 PM
It is hard to end a series, not many get it right. I didn't think the finale would be as good as the last two, so my expectations were lower.

But I thought it was a good ending, though the story telling at parts was meh. But overall I was satisfied with it. The only thing that I would have changed was the CGI at the end. That was pretty awful.

Loved that final song though.

Slick
12-10-2014, 06:19 PM
I just started watching the final season two days ago. I'm up to episode 4. It seems like the most violent season so far. The Sons are killing all kinds of fools. Dramatic torture scene on that poor Chinese dude. Whoa!