PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Jack Del Rio using full depth chart and myriad defensive looks

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Eight games into his first season as Broncos defensive coordinator and Jack Del Rio has been anything but bashful about using the full Denver depth chart.

As a result, the Broncos, at least according to some offensive coaches around the league, take a little more time to review because of the numerous personnel groupings Del Rio has used already this season. Sunday, the Broncos even dropped a formation that included seven defensive backs on the Bengals.

That look — with the Broncos moving around the line of scrimmage, players seemingly at every angle — resulted, over three consecutive plays in the fourth quarter, in a false start penalty, a holding penalty on Bengals center Jeff Faine, and Champ Bailey's interception.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21933562/broncos-jack-del-rio-using-full-depth-chart

Dapper Dan
11-05-2012, 08:31 PM
That's the biggest thing I've noticed this season. He must run a million different packages. I think I saw a 3 man front of Doom, Ayers, and Wolfe at one time.

Dzone
11-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Great . Meaning he is one and done in Denver.That sucks. Hope he doesnt end up coaching SD or KC

swaiy
11-06-2012, 03:30 AM
I cant wait to see what the defense does to Cam mwahahaha

Chef Zambini
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM
JDR has been great.
his second half adjustments outstanding.
this week we face a new kind of opponent, a highly mobile QB.
lets not take the task lightly.
JDR,
I am afraid another NFL team will come calling with an HC job to offer.

Chef Zambini
11-06-2012, 02:20 PM
do we 'spy-cam" ?

NightTerror218
11-06-2012, 02:21 PM
JDR has been great.
his second half adjustments outstanding.
this week we face a new kind of opponent, a highly mobile QB.
lets not take the task lightly.
JDR,
I am afraid another NFL team will come calling with an HC job to offer.

I would not be surprised to see more of Ayers at DE to try and contain Cam and Wolfe at DT. I also would not be surprised to have a LB spy Cam too.

Dapper Dan
11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Spy Cam. I get it now..

Dean
11-06-2012, 07:10 PM
do we 'spy-cam" ?

Didn't we get in trouble for that two years ago and I am positive that the Patriots did. ;)

Chef Zambini
11-07-2012, 01:02 PM
unblike other 'mobile' QBs, cam is both WILLING and ENCOURAGED TO RUN!
a spy would make sense, but WHO?
and how does the assignment effect the rest of our D?
it would have to be 1 on 1 coverage and the panthers could go 4/5 wide and spread us out.
who is fast enough, savvy enough, sure fire tackler enough on our team to take on the assignment of stopping cam, one on one?
who?
(other than champ of course)

NightTerror218
11-07-2012, 01:13 PM
unblike other 'mobile' QBs, cam is both WILLING and ENCOURAGED TO RUN!
a spy would make sense, but WHO?
and how does the assignment effect the rest of our D?
it would have to be 1 on 1 coverage and the panthers could go 4/5 wide and spread us out.
who is fast enough, savvy enough, sure fire tackler enough on our team to take on the assignment of stopping cam, one on one?
who?
(other than champ of course)

I would say let them go 4-5 wide. Just need to make sure Smith is covered he is always starred down and targeted often. His is read 1 and 2. I think if the MLB spies cam to make sure he is not trying to run around the tackles for gain would be sufficient. His arm is not that good this year. If he can be contained and forced to throw more running it would favor us. I just hope our tacklers can take him down on the first try and not let Cam break tackles with his size.

Chef Zambini
11-08-2012, 11:53 PM
MLB?
who would that be?
Cam is probably BIGGER and faster than all of our LBs, except VON ! if we spy-cam, it should be von !

Ravage!!!
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
MLB?
who would that be?
Cam is probably BIGGER and faster than all of our LBs, except VON ! if we spy-cam, it should be von !

can't put Von in the middle..

BroncoWave
11-09-2012, 12:10 PM

But you can however put him at safety!

Chef Zambini
11-09-2012, 01:52 PM
why not?
the oLine wont be prepared for it !
its one game, with a special requirement.
it would mean man on man for all eligeable receivers

Chef Zambini
11-09-2012, 01:56 PM
But you can however put him at safety!in essence, he would be the 'safety' with his primary focus to stop their top runner, cam newton! he could still blitz, but primarily he would take on any runner up the middle and shadow cam werever he went.
hell all of you have no issue with taking our best defender, champ to neutralize one of MANY eligeable receivers, why not commit VON to stopping the heart, soul ,best runner and ONLY passer of their offense?