PDA

View Full Version : Manning's leadership

tomjonesrocks
11-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Manning didn't play his A+ game today. Still, in every break in the action he was talking to teammates, huddled up
On the sideline.

I am a big Cutler supporter and still think he wins a SB before he is done. But we haven't seen this kind of leadership since Elway.

Actually--was Manning this good a teammate with the Colts? Obviously he carried them with his greatness. Still--I don't recall him so involved literally coaching on the sidelines.

Maybe it's just age. It is an amazing thing to watch right now. Is there any doubt his (new) teammates are hanging on his every word? Talk about respect and admiration.

Just a takeaway from the game today.

Northman
11-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Im sure he did it a little bit in Indy, i dont think you can be that good there and not be doing the same kinds of things. Obviously, as he and his surrounding team mates there got older he probably didnt have to do as much but with our very young squad he is back to mentoring every series. I did notice this last week as well and loved every minute of it. THATS how you lead a team.

rationalfan
11-05-2012, 10:32 AM
for insight into manning's leadership and sideline behaviour, check out this video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d815f864b/Must-see-Manning

Fullback32
11-05-2012, 11:15 AM
After the game, the commentators on NFL Network were saying that Manning has the most complete team he's ever been on. This has taken a lot of the pressure of it being all on him way and has allowed him to lead more. I liked what they were saying.

Chef Zambini
11-05-2012, 11:43 AM
we gave up TT to get manning.
everyone touted TT's 'leadership.
if the broncos were a boat,
trading manning for TT is like giving up your anchor for a motor.

is there still any retarded, football ignorant fool out there who still laments the loss of TT?

PM runs this offense!
HE is the 'real mccoy"

underrated29
11-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I regret us trading tebow. I would love to still have him here and learning from the great one. Plus, he is such a threat on 4th and short/ST and goal line. So yes, I do.

As for manning and his huddles, I would love to hear a mic'd up segment with those. I love it. I also loves it when he messes with the defense and forces them to show their hand before he snaps. Like against the steel, where he just stood there for like 10 seconds before he did anything, then once they tipped their hand he went into full "buffallo Buffalo. Orange barrell- re-route, hut hut" mode and subsequently scored a TD.

topscribe
11-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Manning might not have played his A+ game, but I know of a host of professional
quarterbacks who would have love to have the kind of game he had. While the
two interceptions seem to stand out to us (analysts seem to think one of them
wasn't his fault), he fell only nine yards short of another 300-yard game,
completed 77% of his throws, three of them touchdowns, and earned a 105.8
passer rating.

Not bad for a "so-so" game . . .

DenBronx
11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
We have Peyton F*ckn Manning man!!!