SR
11-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Discuss.

Agreed

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Skinny
11-04-2012, 03:56 PM
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Broncos WR Eric Decker has TD rec in each of last 5 games, 1 shy of team record done 4 times (last by Anthony Miller in 1995).

DenBronx
11-04-2012, 03:58 PM
No problems at all...

bcbronc
11-04-2012, 04:00 PM
I said that in the offseason. Welcome to the bandwagon.

LTC Pain
11-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I have no problem with the receivers on the roster. We do need a WR in the next draft to replace Stokely.

Northman
11-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I said that in the offseason. Welcome to the bandwagon.

That would be swell except ive been fine with out receivers for the last two years. :lol:

swaiy
11-04-2012, 04:35 PM
I think they are great. I felt like we were at a disadvantage going into this game. You have the whole timezone thing and then freaking daylights saving times. I thought the drops they had were a bit of notnbeing fully awake lol

MileHighCrew
11-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Didn't love the couple early drops, but this is a great group

Rick
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I have no problem with the receivers on the roster. We do need a WR in the next draft to replace Stokely.

While I am not against getting another WR in the draft, I am not sure it needs to be to replace Stokely, at least not his playing time.

I wouldn't mind us doing some more plays with a TE in the slot. This could allow us when we run the no huddle to be able to run some more of the same personal but move the guys around in different formations.

DenBronx
11-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Or just sign Wes Welker in the offseason, who is an URFA.

swaiy
11-04-2012, 04:43 PM
While I am not against getting another WR in the draft, I am not sure it needs to be to replace Stokely, at least not his playing time.

I wouldn't mind us doing some more plays with a TE in the slot. This could allow us when we run the no huddle to be able to run some more of the same personal but move the guys around in different formations.

Insert: Virgil Green.

Shit yeah!

Dzone
11-04-2012, 04:46 PM
zero complaints. Decker and Thomas are way better than expected. They have worked hard and gotten a lot better

turftoad
11-04-2012, 04:55 PM
See how a REAL QB can make decent WR's look. I think they are really looking good.

SR
11-04-2012, 05:08 PM

Shit yeah!

I said it in the game day thread...I'd like to see Green more involved in the passing game

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

smith49
11-04-2012, 05:13 PM

Shit yeah!

I said it in the game day thread...I'd like to see Green more involved in the passing game

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Well that may be inevitable now since Tamme might be hurt. I hope he's ok but he looked like he was in some pain after he came back in and caught a pass.

bcbronc
11-04-2012, 08:18 PM
speaking of TES, what's the current status on Orange Julius? Haven't heard anything about him for a while, is he even healthy?

swaiy
11-04-2012, 08:19 PM
He has been inactive.

FanInAZ
11-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Or just sign Wes Welker in the offseason, who is an URFA.

He won't be a FA. Pats will either give him the keys to the mint or franchise him.

Simple Jaded
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
The Patriots would have to sign Welker for $11.5 mil to franchise him.......

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-04-2012, 09:00 PM
The Patriots would have to sign Welker for $11.5 mil to franchise him.......

Yeah, I read an article a while back that he and Brady would take up 25% of the teams cap if they franchise him again. I don't know if they'd want to do that, but he is such a big part of their offense's success that it may not be smart to let him go.

LTC Pain
11-04-2012, 09:23 PM

Stokely will be 37 next year. I heard one interview where he didn't think he would be playing this year. And I don't see Willis or Caldwell as depth or even developing at the position. Yeah, we need a WR in the next draft, maybe mid-rounds.

Simple Jaded
11-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I read an article a while back that he and Brady would take up 25% of the teams cap if they franchise him again. I don't know if they'd want to do that, but he is such a big part of their offense's success that it may not be smart to let him go.

I think that position is just fine with whomever they choose to replace him with. Obviously there would be a dropoff but they survived without him before.......

Stokely will be 37 next year. I heard one interview where he didn't think he would be playing this year. And I don't see Willis or Caldwell as depth or even developing at the position. Yeah, we need a WR in the next draft, maybe mid-rounds.
Willis we agree on but we don't know what Caldwell can do, my guess is he'd be doing just fine if it weren't for the presense of Stokley.......

NightTerror218
11-04-2012, 10:11 PM
No problem, a couple drops today but solid

Rick
11-04-2012, 10:16 PM

I am not saying we don't need to draft a guy, I am saying we don't need to draft a guy to take his minutes, I feel we can tweak the offense to use other tools that are already here.

I would rather they expand the plays where they have a TE in the slot than draft another WR and give him Stokleys minutes.

Rick
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM

Carol originally made a post: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/451893-Peyton-Manning-deftly-directs-explosive-Denver-Broncos-offense
that contained: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000088186/article/peyton-manning-deftly-directs-explosive-denver-broncos-offense

There is a few plays mentioned in there where denver has run 2 TE, 2 WR sets, and some of them has had the TE in the slot.

I feel this could be the way to really go with our no huddle. can turn that exact same personal front to traditional FB/Hb, 2 WR, 1 TE sets, can have 2 TEs running traditional TE routes as well as the receivers, can keep both TEs in to block and run with the RB, can have the 2 WRS run their routes, have one of the TEs run a TE route, and put the other TE in the slot, multiple things can happen without ever having to change up the personal.

I just like that option better than a traditional slot receiver, but that is just me :)

dogfish
11-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Yea, i have zero problems with our recievers

yea, more like they have a problem with you. . .

:coffee:

sneakers
11-05-2012, 06:04 AM
They get tackled every once while.......you could hope that they break every tackle?

Traveler
11-05-2012, 06:13 AM
I'll probably get attacked for saying this, but I'll do so anyway. It's time to move Champ to safety. His mind is willing but his body is betraying him. He just can't keep up with these young guys anymore. Granted, he is still better than 80% of CB's in the league, but receivers are getting by him more easily. Let him roam the field at safety and look for another CB in next years draft or FA to pair with Chris Harris.

Dean
11-05-2012, 07:12 AM
I'll probably get attacked for saying this, but I'll do so anyway. It's time to move Champ to safety.

Now there is an original thought. Why not post it on one of the numerous threads that are already present on this topic?

His mind is willing but his body is betraying him. He just can't keep up with these young guys anymore. Granted, he is still better than 80% of CB's in the league, but receivers are getting by him more easily.

IMO he is better than a lot higher percentage than 80%. Either way, watch again and see if it was lack of speed that got him beat or lost balance. a shove, or etc.

Let him roam the field at safety and look for another CB in next years draft or FA to pair with Chris Harris.

Our safeties are developing and getting a corner that can come in and exceed Champ's level of production is a long shot. Look at Champ's play for the entire season not just yesterday.

Northman
11-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Its not like AJ Green is a scrub. I would be a little more concerned if it was Heyward Bey or some slouch. In the long run im sure Champ might consider it but every DB who goes against an Elite WR is going to get burned on occasion.

vandammage13
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Hard to argue with the production they're giving...Drops seem to be a problem we have put behind us and the guys are getting open.

Fullback32
11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Michael Irvin and the other commentators wer saying all kinds of good things about them post-game on the NFL Network last night. They are playing much better than earlier this season, especially Decker. Yeah, there are still some drops, but overall, vastly improved.

slim
11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I am glad Decker finally lowered his shoulder. Maybe next time he will run over a defender, instead of Stokely.

Chef Zambini
11-05-2012, 11:27 AM
more than drops, that first INT, decker is suppose to run across the face of his defender, PM was counting on that when he threw the pass.
decker, great athlete, but as a receiver still a work in progress.
TE colec tively did a nice job.
hillman, he is coming along.
willy-mac, he should get more receptions every game5-7 per game, at least 3 in the first half.
stokely, most reliable on critical downs.
hell, with PM at QB, Mo and I could be productive receivers !

Fullback32
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I am glad Decker finally lowered his shoulder. Maybe next time he will run over a defender, instead of Stokely.

Yeah, that was kind of dumb looking.

Mike
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM

He also caught that contested pass for a TD. Usually he drops a pass if a defender touches him.

Lots of positive stuff going on with our team now. Still some growing to do, but you have to love the direction we are heading.

slim
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM
He also caught that contested pass for a TD. Usually he drops a pass if a defender touches him.

Lots of positive stuff going on with our team now. Still some growing to do, but you have to love the direction we are heading.

Yeah, that TD catch was pretty nice. A big play when we really needed one.

weazel
11-05-2012, 11:40 AM
more than drops, that first INT, decker is suppose to run across the face of his defender, PM was counting on that when he threw the pass.
decker, great athlete, but as a receiver still a work in progress.
TE colec tively did a nice job.
hillman, he is coming along.
willy-mac, he should get more receptions every game5-7 per game, at least 3 in the first half.
stokely, most reliable on critical downs.
hell, with PM at QB, Mo and I could be productive receivers !

why do you insist on making your posts unreadable?

NightTerror218
11-05-2012, 12:23 PM
question, did they interview decker afterwards......why did he run into stokley who was blocking for him?

slim
11-05-2012, 12:27 PM
question, did they interview decker afterwards......why did he run into stokley who was blocking for him?

He saw two defenders and closed his eyes in preparation for the impact?

NightTerror218
11-05-2012, 12:27 PM
He saw two defenders and closed his eyes in preparation for the impact?

even though one was being blocked by stokley?

slim
11-05-2012, 12:34 PM
even though one was being blocked by stokley?

Yes. The free defender may or may not have been an immediate threat. So, he could either slide or he could close his eyes and hope for the best.

Edit: this is just speculation on my part. I do not know this to be fact.

bcbronc
11-05-2012, 04:42 PM
even that first pic, sure Decker is supposed to cut across the DBs face, but the DB knows that and Terrance Newman has been around a long time and used to be a top rung CB in this league. Newman read the play and beat Decker to the spot. I mean if Champ makes that same play we all gush about the great read and veteran savy he showed. Not saying Decker couldn't do better, but have to give TN his props on the play as well.

If anything, I'd say Peyton probably should have went somewhere else with the ball, or thrown back shoulder. I can't remember if it was during the game or post-game, but one analyst I heard felt PM put the ball too far in front of Decker. Can't say for sure, but obviously PM didn't put the ball where only Decker had a shot.

Looking at the growth DT and ED have had this year, imo there's a pretty good chance that in 2-3 years they'll be the best WR duo in Broncos history. DT has more size and explosiveness than Rod Smith did, and Decker is a better athlete than McCaffrey was (doesn't have the testicular fortitude though, at least not yet). They've got a long way to go to get there, but they definitely have the raw skills to do it.

TXBRONC
11-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Discuss.

And I have zero problems with you having zero problems with the receiving corps. :D

Ravage!!!
11-06-2012, 11:14 AM

He had a choice with the defender in front of him..left or right. Stokely made his block to push left, and Decker read to break right, keeping stokely between he and the tackler instead of going the direction Stokely was pushing (just as he was supposed to). He just didn't cut enough to get behind Brandon and hit him

TXBRONC
11-06-2012, 11:36 AM

I could see Denver taking a receiver in next year's draft. I can also see them taking a running back in the next draft.

NightTerror218
11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
He had a choice with the defender in front of him..left or right. Stokely made his block to push left, and Decker read to break right, keeping stokely between he and the tackler instead of going the direction Stokely was pushing (just as he was supposed to). He just didn't cut enough to get behind Brandon and hit him

ok, just hoping it was not an invisible trip wire thing.

GEM
11-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Our WR's suck....we need Marshall back.

:D

NightTerror218
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Our WR's suck....we need Marshall back.

:D

I will pass but I would take Welker next season since he will be a FA :D

GEM
11-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I will pass but I would take Welker next season since he will be a FA :D

I should have ended that with /sarcasm as I don't miss a damn thing about Marshall. :D

Ravage!!!
11-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I would LOVE Marshall on this team. That guy is truly a Beast and one of the very tops in the NFL. Huge mistake to let him get away

NightTerror218
11-06-2012, 02:43 PM
I should have ended that with /sarcasm as I don't miss a damn thing about Marshall. :D

I know but since you mention a WR on a different team I though of Welker. Steal Brady's #1 and I would be happy.